The End Of Our Journey

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Divvens, Jun 5, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Oro Jackson was created by me and @Freeze in the month of August, 2011. We'll be completing 8 years of sailing this August, and we'll also be anchoring on our final island this August. We've been speaking about this internally for a while now, and we feel it is in the best interest of Oro Jackson that we cease operations after celebrating our 8th anniversary.

Over the years Oro Jackson has become a home to many and this decision wasn't easy, especially for me and the team. As one of the creators of OJ it was a really, really tough decision to make. But a lot has changed over the years, the fandom has changed, the internet culture has changed and the management on OJ has changed. While I was active as one of the administrators, it was on my shoulders to keep improving OJ. Not only in terms of content and user engagement, but also technological improvements and user experience. It was our commitment to keep improving OJ that drew a lot of you, it was the quality content on OJ that drew a lot of you -- and you stayed for the community. But without constant improvement the community will begin to thin out, and without a strong - stable leadership the ship will begin to fall apart. I can't make a return to Oro Jackson, and I can't expect anyone else to fill my shoes either as the commitment required for something that is pretty much voluntary is immense. The team has done a wonderful job and there is no taking away from their effort and commitment, but they are limited to what they can do in the absence of active development and core leadership.

Instead of letting time take its toll on Oro Jackson and continuing to invest money (that is generously donated to us by our Patrons) into keeping the ship sailing, we have decided that its time to anchor and celebrate what OJ has been all these years and what it means to all of us and see it off on a positive note rather than watch it sink into the dark, cold depths of the ocean.

We are announcing our decision well in advance to give everyone time to connect with those that matter and ensure they stay in touch off-site, to save content that they consider important and for it to not be sudden and seem rushed.

It has been a wonderful journey and I'm proud of having created Oro Jackson. To see where and what it is right now is also a very proud feeling, and although it may be sad that our journey will come to an end I'm proud that Oro Jackson has been able to host all of you lovely people for 8 long years. We've had a long journey and I thank each and everyone of you for having been a part of this journey.

I'm sure a lot of you will have your own opinion on this matter, maybe in favor or against our decision. We please ask you to respect our decision and let us all enjoy the remaining days together as one big, strong community.

As we get closer to August 31st, the last day that Oro Jackson will sail the high seas, we'll make another announcement with links to our Discord and other communities that can house all of you, your content and your passion for One Piece. From the time this announcement is published, registration on Oro Jackson will be disabled and only existing users can log-in.

Your Captain,
    Div

--- UPDATES ---

If you so wish to save and archive threads, profile pages and more so that they aren't lost when Oro Jackson shuts down, please use this very amazing tool: http://web.archive.org/ refer to this post by @Larsi and learn how you yourself can help out! https://orojackson.com/threads/the-end-of-our-journey.63235/page-5#post-4118183

-------------------

--- Update---
    Heey im fucking pirate and im just going to edit div's post and edit my own post in it :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2019
  2. Larsi

Larsi

Bounty Points:
  3. QMS

QMS Wanted

Bounty Points:
    This is sad :(.

I can't ask if this is a joke because it was from @Divvens :(.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  4. Buusatan94

Buusatan94

Bounty Points:
    Thank you for everything you have done with and for OJ and have a good continuation.

5. Sallucion

Sallucion

Bounty Points:
    Wtf, I dont like this post a single bit.

Report :(

6. Kuroshika

Kuroshika

Bounty Points:
    What ? You’re going to close the forum ???

7. oddoddfruit

oddoddfruit

Bounty Points:
  8. Fanboy sins

Fanboy sins Another Brick in the wall.(but purple neon one)

Bounty Points:
  9. Lauroe

Lauroe Chad Cook Wanted Big Mom Cracker Smoothie

Bounty Points:
  10. lokilasher

lokilasher

Bounty Points:
    Man this sucks, but I get it. Guess we'll all have to move to the discord.

11. J.mena13

J.mena13

Bounty Points:
  12. KING EXPLOSION MURDER

KING EXPLOSION MURDER Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    A thing isnt beautiful cause it lasts

13. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire

Bounty Points:
    Wow, this is really sad, I know I've had many discussions and One Piece and its community is one of the most active and creative I've been apart of.

14. Hades

Hades

Bounty Points:
    So..the journey of this forum is going to end on Aug 31st??.

I am feeling sad..

15. Flower

Flower

Bounty Points:
    Is this some sort of bad joke :catcry:?

16. Reborn

Reborn

Bounty Points:
    I am quite speechless. It's like leaving us in midway of a journey. This sucks

17. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    OJ pulled me out of the most lonely and depressed period of my life and showed me the good in people. Being a member on this site has been the best online experience of my whole life. Hell... one of the best experiences of my life period. OJ is home.

It's heavy...

18. Oreki

Oreki Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    So it seems like it decided. All I can say. Thank You for this forum!

19. Sallucion

Sallucion

Bounty Points:
    I was already thinking if april fools was around the corner. Too disappointed when my brain knew its too far away for an april fools joke.

20. MD Zolo

MD Zolo

Bounty Points:
    That is hugely disappointing!!! But everything ends! So, I understand the decision.

I was just beginning to interact with this community. Anyway, I will sail till the very end.

Best of luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice