1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

The Death of Zoro - Chapter 944 [Oda's foreshadowing]

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Zarus, Apr 23, 2015.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarus

Zarus

Bounty Points:
    THIS THREAD CONTAINS THE SAME THEORY EXPLAINED IN THREE PARTS BY THREE MEMBERS, YOU CAN FIND THE EXPLANATION BY EACH OF THE MEMBERS IN THE SPOILERS BELOW BELOW //DIVVENS

So, here I am again talking about similarities between chapters.

This post is actually based on amazing observation of @Zarus in
    http://orojackson.com/threads/the-death-of-zoro-chapter-944-odas-foreshadowing.9086/
    explaining how Oda foreshadowed Zoro's death in Chapter 944.

But why Oda chosed 944 as Zoro's death chapter's number?
    This question led me to check all chapters with number 4 and 9, and I what I found really surprised me..
    These chapters actually connect "Zoro" and "death" in some ways.

In Chapter 049, Zoro himself mentioned that he has thrown away his attachment to life.
    http://i26.***************/one-piece/49/one-piece-2421457.jpg

In Chapter 094, we can see Bellemere's grave.
    And In this chapter, we can see Zoro's scary appearance with blackened left eye.
    http://i39.***************/one-piece/94/one-piece-2421923.jpg
    Also in this chapter Zoro was lying and groaning in pain.
    http://i36.***************/one-piece/94/one-piece-2421935.jpg

In Chapter 409, Zoro was in danger, he mentioned it himself.
    http://i30.***************/one-piece/409/one-piece-62986.jpg

In Chapter 449, Zoro is drawn talking with eyes covered with his own bubble text. I mean, how often Oda draws a character talking with eyes covered with the character's own bubble text? Not so often I guess.
    Eyes closed or covered might represent death.
    http://i34.***************/one-piece/449/one-piece-63759.jpg
    Also, Moria was going to show nightmare in this chapter. You can have nightmare in your sleep. And guess who sleep most of the time?
    Yes, Zoro.
    http://i15.***************/one-piece/449/one-piece-63763.jpg

In chapter 490, the Strawhats had to do another celebration just because Zoro was asleep.
    http://i39.***************/one-piece/490/one-piece-1693839.jpg

In Chapter 494, Zoro is ...!?
    http://i17.***************/one-piece/494/one-piece-64597.jpg

And finally, in Chapter 499, Zoro was shot to death.
    http://i21.***************/one-piece/499/one-piece-1693921.jpg

Since I am a Zoro's fan. I am guessing that just like the last image, maybe Zoro will only have a fake death in Chapter 944.
    Or in a more positive thought, maybe Zoro will kill somebody for the first time in Chapter 944.:D
    Hello once again everyone and this time I have something that I find(and pretty sure you do too) very interesting. I'm pretty sure most of you know what this is about so I'll just get straight to the point.

Zoro. Is. Unlucky. From misfortune, to curses, to getting lost, to always having the worst match ups, to always being the SH who gest hurt the most, to losing an eye etc.. Its like everything negative is stalking Zoro in an attempt to claim his soul or something. The latest color spread at this time is no different.
    [​IMG]

What catches people's attention is obviously the tombstone that Zoro is sitting on.
    [​IMG]
    Zoro's shirt has the words ""El que ríe último ríe major" which translates too "He who laughs last laughs the best/longest." Many people go to chapter 494 and assume that Zoro just might die.
    [​IMG]
    But nothing of the short will occur. "944" and Zoro's shirt has ALOT more meaning to it. Chapter 944 imo will be during the Wano-Kaidou arc. If you re that 160+ chapters is too long, well remember that its 3 arcs in 1. Wano, Kano and Kaidou himself. Water 7/Enies Lobby was 100+ chapters long and Dressrosa is 80+.

Being so unlucky, Zoro must affiliate with the number 13, the most popular unlucky number today, but do you guys know that the number 17 is also unlucky?(9+4+4=17) In Italy, the number 17 is considered unlucky because in Roman, it can mean "VIXI" which is Italian for "I Live." To them, your pretty much jinxing, playing with, gambling with or juggling with your life. Lets looks at chapters that correlate with the unlucky numbers 13 and 17.

Chapter 449
    In this chapter, we were introduced to Gekko Moriah.
    [​IMG]

We were introduced too Absalom and the zombies were gathered.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Moriah said that the SHs will experience a Nightmare.
    [​IMG]

And my favorite, the color page for 449.
    [​IMG]
    The SHs are dressed formally and in black(like they are going to a funeral). There are sakura peddles and a DRAGON and Zoro is looking directly at it. This may be a clever foreshadowing to Wano and I've always thought Kaidou was a dragon zoan.

Chapter 481(4+8+1=13)
    Moriah said that Luffy is going to lose his nakama
    [​IMG]

In the very next chapter, Moriah told Luffy to got to the NW for a real nightmare.
    [​IMG]

Chapter 485(4+8+5=17) Titled "The Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro"
    Pretty much, Zoro almost died sacrificing himself for Luffy
    [​IMG]

This is also the chapter Sanji tried to give himself up in Zoro's place....and he also witnessed Zoro's attempted sacrifice.
    [​IMG]

Chapter 49(4+9=13)
    Here is when he first see Dracule Mihawk and we know what happened afterwards
    [​IMG]

Chapter 373(3+7+3=13) Titled "Necessary Evil"
    As the number 13 is synonymous with being unlucky, Lucci BETRAYED is fellow CP9 member by killing him and Sanji bore witness. This is also the chapter where Robin confronted Sanji and said that she has nothing to do with the SHs anymore.("betrayal")
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my favorite, the color page.
    [​IMG]
    Once again, a Feudal Japan color page that foreshadows Wano

Chapter 544(5+4+4=13) Titled "The Lid to Hell Opens"
    In this chapter we have BETRAYAL by a swordsman
    [​IMG]

And the cover page shows Sanji's time in "hell"
    [​IMG]

Chapter 634(6+3+4=13)
    A little foreshadowing by Zoro's line
    [​IMG]

Chapter 647(6+4+7=17) Titled "Stop Noah" (stopping a holy relic)
    After how demonic(Zoro) and devilish(Sanji) they've become, the are at it again.
    [​IMG]

Chapter 643(6+4+3=13) Titled "Phantom"
    Here we learned the Brooke's ability can actually control souls(I say this for a reason)
    [​IMG]

Chapter 333(half of 666)
    Usopp and Luffy clash
    [​IMG]

Chapter 666
    Caesar BETRAYS Brownbeard
    [​IMG]

Law BETRAYS Caesar
    [​IMG]

Now, here is how all of this relates to Zoro. Wano is based off of Feudal Japan and if that's the case, they should be heavy believers in Yokai. Yokai are Japanese ghost, ghouls and demons. Possession, misfortune and curses are synonymous with Yokai. Wano should know a lot about curses and how to deal with them. I say Zoro will learn more details of his curse and would want to control/overcome it.

Zoro ALWAYS had a demon spirit. As a kid, he instinctively picked 9 swords(like an Asura demon) to use against Kuina but he couldn't fight properly with them. I also find it strange that Zoro started getting darker and darker AFTER he got the cursed Sandai Kitetsu. If you want details of Zoro's "progression", click here:http://orojackson.com/threads/the-curse-of-cavendish-and-zoros-blades.5533/

Zoro was walking the path of a swordsman, but when he got the cursed Kitetsu, he started walking the Path of a Demon. This path is all about combat and carnage. Those who walk this path will gradually lose their humanity and will eventually be a lump of bloodlust. Zoro definitely has become darker through out the series. As I said earlier, Zoro's humanity is slipping. The cursed Sandai Kitetsu is amplifying his demon spirit causing him to unknowingly lose his humanity.

In the "944" cover page, you'll see a golden cross in the treasure chest to the right and one on top of Luffy's crown. That looks a lot like Mihawk's cross. I personally am not surprised cause look at these two scans.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mihawk lives on Kuraigama island in the ruins of Shakkearu kingdom. That kingdom is a graveyard of death and even Perona, a ghost yokai, lives there. The island is protected by MONKEYS and I put emphasis on that for a reason. In Japan, moneky statues are used to scare/ward off demons and bad spirits. The monkeys were originally doing there job by keeping the demonic Zoro away, but Zoro eventually emerged victorious. The holy statues failed to stop the demon. Mihawk, who kinda reminds me of a priest with his black clothing and cross, probably helped Zoro with his demon path. Once Wano comes around, Zoro may remember one of Mihawks teachings.

Lastly, I've always found it strange that Zoro is the only SH who's mental strength wasn't tested to a good degree. Its always his physical strength that was being tested. Wano will be he place where Zoro tackles his inner demons and curse.

Will Zoro triumph over his demons? Or will he become consumed by them and end up no different than Cavendish(who also has a cursed sword)
    [​IMG]

Cavendish constantly has a tug-of-war with his cursed inner demon Hakuba.
    [​IMG]

Will Zoro shove aside his inner demons? Or will he embrace them and end up no different than Shiryuu(who has a cursed blade Kusenagi)
    [​IMG]

If Zoro fails to overcome his inner demons, he will die but not in the way you'd expect. The Zoro everyone knows and loves would be gone forever and all that's left is a lump of bloodlust and destruction cutting everything down in his way. Zoro may lose control of his inner demon and it will cause him to go berserk, attacking his fellow SHs and BETRAYING them in the process. It'll be a nightmare. Zoro has fallen to a place of no return and his fellow SHs fear the worst. A clash and words of wisdom with Sanji may help Zoro overcome his inner demons and emerge victorious.

With his demons conquered, Zoro will have the last laugh. All Zoro has to do is say "I live."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think guys? An interesting take on this? Or makes you want to blow my head off with a shotgun and sell my corpse to Moriah? @Syed D. Master @SMILE @beck26 @Celestial D. Dragon @Koshimae @BossYimz @Smoker D Webb @PrincetonProduction @ToBeThriller
    Chapter - 944

"The Death of Zoro"

Well... not yet..

Chapter 784 showed us this nice cover page:
    [​IMG]

Doesn't seem too bad but at first but notice how the tombstone on the lower left corner and the tombstone Zoro is sitting on have writings on them and also are the only ones that are kind of clear to read/to see:

-"December 944" is written on a tombstone (in the lower left corner) which i believe stands for the Ch. 944 which if you do the math could really be released on the 20th of december 2018.

[​IMG]
    -the last letter appears to be an "O".. Zor..o?
    -"Piras(?)" on the one Zoro is sitting on, i doubt it's the full word but i found something on Wiki: Pira is a type of sword/tool that was used in the philippines.
    [​IMG]

-A Skull on his shirt which is also known as a symbol of death.
    [​IMG] also his left hand that is around the Zombie which is near to his hat which also has a skull on it.

EDIT: the 3 skullheads: zombie in the back, the one besides zoro and the one on the back on his shirt.

3 in total, 3, a reference to Zoro using 3 swords.

The headless zombie:
    His head or rather his body are totally going into different direction which reminds me of Zoros bad orientation + the sword on the back of that headless zombie.

-Some saying on his shirt, the only saying i could find that had two "e's" in them was this one:

"El que ríe último ríe mejor".

Which translates to..

"He who laughs last laughs best/longest."

The word last makes me wonder if Zoro will fight someone and die in the process while having his last laugh?

We already found out about Oda's foreshadowing of things just by switching the number of chapters, lets try it with the number 944 turn it into 494 and the first page shows this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WE ALL know Oda is a foreshadowing master, this here would be a new level of foreshadowing!

Let me know what you think of this.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  2. Jewish Kaizoku

Jewish Kaizoku

Bounty Points:
    I hope it's not true ;(
    Live Zoro, live!

3. ewhee~

ewhee~

Bounty Points:
    Amazing observation! :eek:
    I have always been against the idea of Zoro's death but I think I changed my mind now :p
    Even though, it is a little too overthought and far fetched..

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Big World, SMILE, Diraj and 8 others like this.
  4. Kaiser

Kaiser

Bounty Points:
    If Zoro dies, I will riot!!! :rage::rage::rage:

LostZoro, MONET, Patryipe and 18 others like this.
  5. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    I appreciate your effort but once and for all. ZORO WILL NOT DIE!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Travolta, LostZoro, Sorous and 31 others like this.
  6. Abdoulhay

Abdoulhay

Bounty Points:
    This just got me upset xD....

7. Sanzen

Sanzen

Bounty Points:
    Agree! I really dont want to happen this ! I really i don't believe on that things! It can't be a right hand of captain to die suddenly!Without reach on his dream!

8. wolfly64

wolfly64

Bounty Points:
    I think we're either gonna see Moriah in chapter 944 again or someone else dies, maybe because of Zoros (and Sanjis) mistake. But I can't imagine any Strawhat dying before they reached their dreams..which won't happen in 200 chapters.

9. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    @Zarus Okay i read your theory again while being calm lol and i have to say there are too many things which are supporting your theory and could be true and i'm really upset now...;(...your work and effort should be apreciate that's why i'm saying this, BUT i still believe that Zoro will not die, he can't die, all the Zoro hyping and his dream and all would have been for nothing then and i can't see Oda doing something like this, that's all!

10. Zarus

Zarus

Bounty Points:
    Which i also belive in as when i turned 944 first into 449 it showed Moria and the Zombies.
    [​IMG]
    Might be onto something.

11. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ODA! I love your foreshadowing man but PLEASE NO:DD:DD:DD:DD

Zoro! You can't die before becoming the World's Greatest Swordsman! :wideeyes:

12. Brandie Williams

Brandie Williams

Bounty Points:
    Couldn't it just mean the death of another one if his swords. And it is not that he switches the numbers but makes them backwards. So 944 will be 449 not 494.

Kuroh, Diraj, Athashet and 4 others like this.
  13. TYPO

TYPO Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    That's clearer i think...
    [​IMG]
    December.20.944 ... don't die ;(;(;(

Ban Midou, Diraj, Mr. Prince and 6 others like this.
  14. Harold

Harold

Bounty Points:
    hope that's not true because i will stop watching one piece and the worst, I will go tokyo and kill oda with my hands. :rage:

MONET, tommyl, Sanji San and 11 others like this.
  15. CrushinDefeat

CrushinDefeat

Bounty Points:
    Zoro dies... his ghost possesses Mihawk and he becomes the WGS, Luffy meets up with Mihawk / Zoro, before he gets a chance to tell his captain that he's really Zoro, Luffy combusts into a million pieces, Akainu then becomes the Pirate King... XD XD XD XD XD

Sorous, MONET, danh and 20 others like this.
  16. WolfShadowz007

WolfShadowz007

Bounty Points:
    Well just have to wait and see what happens in chapter 944.

Kuroh, Diraj, Syed and 2 others like this.
  17. Zarus

Zarus

Bounty Points:
    The tombstones are covered with moss, color... green... stands for Zoro.. ok i stop this is getting depressing... lol.

Sorous, MONET, nicolaw_h and 16 others like this.
  18. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    Another thing? :eek: just stop already ;(

nicolaw_h, Rogerde1, Liekkii and 5 others like this.
  19. Brandie Williams

Brandie Williams

Bounty Points:
    It could even be symbolic...if it were true..that in 944 Zoro will actually kill someone that stays dead..because yes zoro has a killing intent but has he ever killed anyone yet in the manga.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 23, 2015 ---
    Aren't alot of tombstones covered in moss though especially in manga were grass is everywhere.

Diraj, Syed, Monkey D family and 2 others like this.
  20. inactive

inactive

Bounty Points:
    Good find.. but the theory.. lol.. @Zarus .. Marimo-cross??

Diraj, Syed and Monkey D family like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice