Discussion The 30 Day Boku no Hero Academia Challenge

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by L o g i a, Jul 1, 2016.

Share This Page

1. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Day 1: How did you first get into Boku no Hero Academia?

Day 2: Anime or Manga?

Day 3: Who is your favourite female character?

Day 4: Who is your favourite male character?

Day 5: Favourite Quirk?

Day 6: Favourite Villain?

Day 7: Favourite Pro Hero?

Day 8: Favourite member of Class 1-A

Day 9: Favourite member of Class 1-B

Day 10: Saddest moment?

Day 11: Best fight?

Day 12: Best character design?

Day 13: Who is your OTP?

Day 14: What is your favourite arc?

Day 15: Worst quirk?

Day 16: Who is the worst Pro Hero?

Day 17: Any characters you hate?

Day 18: Any characters you are interested in learning more about?

Day 19: What would be your hero name?

Day 20: Who needs more screentime/character development?

Day 21: Biggest badass?

Day 22: Funniest character?

Day 23: Biggest shock/plot twist you did not expect?

Day 24: Favourite teacher of Class 1-A?

Day 25: Least favourite teacher of Class 1-A?

Day 26: Biggest mystery?

Day 27: If you could ask Horikoshi one question: what would it be?

Day 28: Do you own any Manga volumes? If so, which ones?

Day 29: With 1 being terrible and 10 being perfect, rate Boku no Hero Academia out of 10

Day 30: Would you recommend Boku no Hero Academia to a friend?

Rules:
    A) You should watch/read the series to participate in the challenge.
    B) If you have no answer for a specific day, just skip it instead of posting 'none' or 'no answer'.
    C) If your answer is genuinely 'none', in such rare scenarios you can answer that day's question with the next day's question together.

Day 1: Needed something to replace Naruto once that was over, and heard this was a brilliant Manga so I started to read it and fell in love with it ever since

Day 2: Manga all the way. The anime is decent but I don't think it quite lived up to expectations. Plus, the story improves later on in the Manga - which the Anime hasn't covered so I think that would also justify my opinion

Day 3: Not gonna lie, Izuku's mother is actually my favourite female character. Although Tsuyu and Ochako come close in second and third

Day 4: Shouto Todoroki. This guys family is fucked up and he, like Izuku, looks to be a part of the top heroes of the next generation. Dat quirk though!

Day 5: Copy of Neito Monoma or All For One. So overpowered if used correctly. No vulnerabilities and easily usable. Although, I also really like Muscle Augmentation, the quirk of Muscular. It just looks really f*cking cool okay!

Day 6: Got to be Stain. That dude is scary and one hell of a badass. Yet somehow we can respect him because his intentions are actually meant to be positive - promoting the idea of more All-Might esque heroes being needed. He's a very interesting character and certainly has more than just one dimension, unlike other villains we've seen thus far.

Day 7: I hate to say it but All Might... Although I do really like Endeavor as well

Day 8: Well, it's the same as my favourite male character: Shouto Todoroki

Day 9: It's harder to make an informed response about this given we don't know most of them and the ones we have seen we still don't know very well... Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu is a good choice. That guy is just hilarious! Another would be Neito Menoma, that guy is a top candidate to rival pro hero Bakugo/Izuku/Shouto

Day 10: Probably Izuku finding out he was quirkless at the age of four

Day 11: All Might vs All For One that just finished, ufffff, so EPIC!

Day 12: I'd have to say I really like Ochaco's costume, but I also really like Tomura Shigaraki with all those seriously creepy hands! Goddamn son!

Day 13: Mineta and Yaoyorozu, surprisingly! I think Izuku and Ochako is obvious, but Yaoyorozu and Mineta isn't, but I'm pretty sure it'll happen!

Day 14: My favourite Arc is probably the Field Training Arc

Day 15: I gotta say from the ones we've seen in action, it's Kouji's Anima or Minoru's Pop Off

Day 16: The native American dude who was saved by Iida against Stain. He's the only Pro thus far shown to be utterly useless

Day 17: Toga, she creeps me out. There's also Ashido. I don't understand her fans, she has absolutely nothing going for her at all right now. Maybe if she gets some interesting backstory I'd change my mind, but she's quite boring to me

Day 18: Class B in general, but out of Class B standout members: Menoma, Kendou, Tetsutetsu and Awase particularly. I'd also like to learn more about Kouji, Mineta, Shouji and Dabi since I support the idea of Dabi being one of Enji Todoroki's sons

Day 19: I reckon something like Blonde Bastard would work quite nicely

Day 20: Kouji. The dude's pretty much the only member of class 1-A to seemingly get completely ignored. We only just found out what his quirk was in chapter 66 if I recall correctly! Terrible!

Day 21: Enji Todoroki

Day 22: I don't even know why I bothered asking you all. I'm sure Minoru Mineta will pop up on many people's posts and not just my own!

Day 23: Shigaraki Tomura being the grandson of the previous inheritor of One for All before All Might - Nana Shimura

Day 24: All Might

Day 25: Aizawa/Eraser Head

Day 26: Either the intruder or who One For All really is

Day 27: Who the f*ck is the Hero who was 3rd in the ranks before All Might retired and why have they taken so long to appear!?

Day 28: Sadly no :(

Day 29: A very strong 8.5/10, with the potential to go up into the 9's

Day 30: Yes! And I already have a vast multitude of times! Sadly there's only a low success rate for those who do actually start to read the Manga or watch the anime and those who watch the Anime were never really enticed enough to continue to read the Manga from the point where episode 13 ends, but: YES.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Endeavor, Sanji_, Dragomir and 13 others like this.
  2. Pratham

Pratham

Bounty Points:
    @Chris Mic got ninja'ed

Day 1
    That sexy body of All Might :kappa:

I saw someone mentioned boku no hero academia on naruto fb page after naruto ended so decided to give it a go

Endeavor, Dragomir, Soma and 10 others like this.
  3. Baba

Baba

Bounty Points:

Watched the first 3 episodes first because of all the hype and I loved it so much that I read the manga till where it was caught up back then (some 60 chapters I guess) all in one day xD That's how much I loved it :p

and I've been following that manga since then, it's the only manga I read besides One Piece xD

(Also the only 30 days challenge I will be probably doing in this forum xD )

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Endeavor, Dragomir, Soma and 9 others like this.
  4. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    Once Naruto ended, anime youtubers started saying this was Naruto's successor, and Kishimoto himself made a comic strip saying he relied on it to be the next big one.

Last summer, I decided to check it out and I read up to Chapter 20-21 iirc, basically the point Season 1 ended (what a coincidence) and I stopped, knowing this was gonna become big and I'd rather binge it. But I was extremely impressed by it and I knew this was a worthy candidate for the next big shounen.

Now that the anime came out I was like ''hey, I'll read this again once the anime ends'' but got into the HYPE. A few days before episode 12, I went back to read it and caught up in two days, IT WAS EPIC.

Endeavor, Dango, Dragomir and 10 others like this.
  5. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:

Wanted to watch a new anime and since i heard a lot of good things about it here on OJ, i gave it a try.

Endeavor, Soma, LogicoftheVI and 8 others like this.
  6. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    I first saw it on the shelves of a library but didn't read it. Then I saw Oda mentioning it in an SBS and started being interested but still didn't read it xD. And then I saw a lot of people on this forum liked it (and my brother liked it too). So finally, one day I didn't know what to do and I decided to give it a try. I marathoned the 94 chapters that were out in a couple of days. Then I watched the 13 episodes :D

Endeavor, Soma, LogicoftheVI and 7 others like this.
  7. Mae

Mae

Bounty Points:

Back in 2014 or so, I had just finished marathoning through Hunter x Hunter, and was in need of another good series to keep me busy. My friend was fanboying over BnHA, and I saw a bunch of internet peeps naming BnHA as the next Naruto (in terms of potential, not plot). So I got my friend to read it with me, and it's been a journey ever since!

Endeavor, Soma, Panda and 6 others like this.
  8. Josh

Josh

Bounty Points:
    DAY 1- First got into Boku no Hero Academia because of a request from a friend to read the series :D

Endeavor, Soma, Panda and 5 others like this.
  9. Hero Garp

Hero Garp

Bounty Points:
    Day 1: I'm pretty sure I saw it been talked about online as the next great Shonen and picked it up. The only translation of it was quite poor though, and there was only about five chapters out. Picked it up again about chapter 20ish

Endeavor, Soma, Panda and 6 others like this.
  10. Bounty

Bounty Wanted! Wanted Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Day 1:
    Got into the series because I saw people talking about it.

11. Deleted member 10103

Deleted member 10103 Guest

Bounty Points:

Almost everyone I know was watching it or reading the manga. So I decided to give it a try and oh boy its awesome.

12. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:

After hearing about the manga from a friend, I decided to read it and fell in love with the series. :D

13. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:

Equal. First i only watched the anime and it was mind blowing but then i started reading the manga too and it blew my mind as well lol. The art is just too epic!

14. DizzyBrows

DizzyBrows

Bounty Points:
    Day 1

I got into the manga first. Watched one of Chibi's videos about it and it seemed interesting so I checked it out and I am so thankful that I did.

Endeavor, Skye, Soma and 7 others like this.
  15. Hero Garp

Hero Garp

Bounty Points:
    Day 2: Manga. I like manga more than anime in general, and I've still got two episodes of the anime left anyway.

Endeavor, Skye, Soma and 5 others like this.
  16. Josh

Josh

Bounty Points:
    Day 2 anime or manga

MANGA ALL THE WAY

Endeavor, Skye, Soma and 5 others like this.
  17. Bounty

Bounty Wanted! Wanted Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Day 2
    Anime

Endeavor, Skye, Soma and 4 others like this.
  18. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    The anime is epic, has epic sountrack and on point animation, but the manga has more story so far, so... Manga :p

Endeavor, Skye, Soma and 6 others like this.
  19. Slavier

Slavier

Bounty Points:
    reddit and /a/ said the manga was good. So I decided to read it.
    Best decision I ever made.

Endeavor, Skye, Soma and 6 others like this.
  20. Kagura

Kagura

Bounty Points:
    Because of this forum. I saw people's posts and discussions about the series, then even people like Rogersbase started their weekly reviews on the series. I checked it out and I liked the character designs and the plot so hence it started ^^

Endeavor, Skye, Dazai and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice