Support Oro Jackson - Become A Patron!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Divvens, Feb 20, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:

WE LOVE ONE PIECE AND PROVIDE A PLATFORM WHERE FANS CONNECT
    One Piece is the most popular manga & anime series brought to life by the genius Eiichiro Oda. A great series deserves great fans, and great fans deserve the right platform to connect and discuss.

ORO JACKSON - WHO WE ARE
    We're different, we love what we do and our community is fueled by you - the fans! We maintain an atmosphere that makes our community 'your' community, we connect thousands of fans and make them a part of our crew and we sail on everyday, continuing our never ending journey to Raftel in search for the legendary treasure!

HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT

• Friendly & peaceful atmosphere for members to connect and discuss.
    • Frequent & interesting articles, reviews and insights.
    • Weekly active discussions, theories, speculations... and much more!
    • Frequent release of visual content (signatures, avatars, Facebook covers, etc.) designed by our in-house designers.
    • Events & activities that bring the community closer.
    • Provide a platform of fans of other anime & manga series to connect and discuss.
    HOW YOUR SUPPORT HELPS US
    • You help us maintain Oro Jackson and aid us in fulfilling our monthly commitments.
    • You help us invest for new features and to develop better features for our members.
    • You help us invest more time in creating interesting articles and content.
    YOUR REWARDS

- PLEDGE $1 OR MORE A MONTH
    Our Gratitude + Bounty Points:
    You have our sincerest thanks, receive a special badge on your profile and are awarded 3,000 Oro Jackson Bounty Points every month you continue your support!

- PLEDGE $2 OR MORE A MONTH
    Twice As Much Gratitude + Previous Rewards
    : You receive a special badge on your profile and are awarded 4,500 Oro Jackson Bounty Points every month you continue your support!

- PLEDGE $8 OR MORE A MONTH
    Extra Bounty Points
    : You receive a special badge on your profile and are awarded 6,000 Oro Jackson Bounty Points every month you continue your support!

- PLEDGE FOR $15 OR MORE A MONTH
    Extra Bounty Points:
    You receive a special badge on your profile and are awarded 8,000 Oro Jackson Bounty Points every month you continue your support!

- PLEDGE FOR $30 OR MORE A MONTH
    Extra Bounty Points
    : You receive a special badge on your profile and are awarded 15,000 Oro Jackson Bounty Points every month you continue your support!

- PLEDGE FOR $45 OR MORE A MONTH
    Extra Bounty Points: You receive a special badge on your profile and are awarded 22,000 Oro Jackson Bounty Points every month you continue your support!

Have any more questions?
    Feel free to ask on this thread, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Many fansites ask you for "donations" or slap many advertisements on their pages, they usually earn more than what is required to run their websites and rarely give back to the anime & manga industry. Oro Jackson wishes to change this, and we hope your support can make this happen.

Regards,
    Oro Jackson

2. Oro Jackson

Oro Jackson Sailing On, Sailing Strong!

Bounty Points:
    Frequently Asked Questions
    These will cover most of your doubts & queries, if you have any additional questions please feel free to ask us via the support forum or you can start a new personal conversation with @Divvens, @Freeze or @Recoilation.

What Is Patreon?
    Patreon is a platform where you can help content creators on a monthly subscription basis. Instead of a one time donation of let's say $20 or $30 you can help with smaller amounts over a longer time, $1 over a period of 60 months = $60! Thus, even the smallest of contributions becomes bigger on a larger scale. You can learn more about Patreon by visiting their website.

1. Patreon is a recurring monthly subscription! Can I cancel it at any time?
    Yes, Patreon works on good will and you have complete control over your pledge. If you've pledged any amount, you have the option to cancel your pledge [before it is processed] and edit the amount you have pledged. All of this is handled via your account on Patreon.

2. When am I eligible for extra rewards for being a Patreon?
    Patrons are eligible for extra rewards upon pledging for a certain amount or above, please check our Patreon Page for more information related to rewards. Patreon processes all patron pledges in the first week of every month. Once the payments are processed and we have a list of all confirmed patrons, we hand out the rewards (additional bounty, eligibility to extra tickets and so forth) by approximately 10th (day) of every month!

3. Patreon says my payment process failed! What should I do?
    If your payment process has failed and we are alerted that your payment did not come through properly while all payments were being processed, we will contact you via personal conversation on Oro Jackson or via e-mail. In the personal conversation/e-mail, we will mention the error we see for the decline of your payment, the most common error is either your credit card was denied and/or your Paypal information was wrong/has changed since you pledged.

Not to worry! With your co-operation, we can sort out the error. Usually, just fixing the payment method which was denied (or produced an error) via Patreon will sort the issue out, as Patreon re-runs their payment processing 24 hours after your first process fails, and usually during the second run after information has been corrected, your payment will get through.

4. Does Patreon charge you fees?
    Yes, we are charged fees by two parties. First is Stripe, Patreon's partner who processes credit card details safely and securely (just like PayPal!), Stripe charges us 2.1% + 30ยข on every successful credit card charge. Apart from Stripe, Patreon collects 3% of our total pledges as fees to keep Patreon running. At the end of the day, a total of 9% to 10% depending on the amount of pledges we receive goes towards these third party fees and Oro Jackson receives 90% of the amount.

5. Can I support you outside of Patreon and still receive Patreon benefits?
    Yes, but these requests are handled on a case-per-case basis, depending on various factors. Those who live close to @Divvens or @Freeze (Oro Jackson administration) can easily support Oro Jackson offline (not via Patreon) and receive Patreon rewards (based on their support and available rewards). Please contact @Divvens or @Freeze via personal conversation or at admin@orojackson.com for additional queries regarding supporting us via different methods.

6. If Oro Jackson adds new rewards to Patreon, will I be eligible for it as an existing Patron?
    Yes, you are eligible for every reward Oro Jackson adds if you are an existing Patron, you will be sent a message & email via patreon informing you of the new rewards you are eligible for.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
  3. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Officially a patron :smug:.

4. Riven

Riven

Bounty Points:
    Oooo I think I make three! :D

5. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Thank you :<3:
    Thank you too ero-cook! :D

6. Recoilation

Recoilation

Bounty Points:
  7. M.Hossein.B

M.Hossein.B

Bounty Points:
    i see if i can take a visa card in here ... i don't have one here because there is sanctions against iran :shifty:...if i get one i think i can help 8$ per month at least... <.<
    can you send something to iran (just wanna know O_o)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  8. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    New Reward!
    Those awesome members who help us out now with $1 or more also get 2500 Bounty Points every month they continue to support us. This is our way of saying thanks to even those who pledge little but help us -- because every little pledge helps!
    @Krasse @Riven you have been awarded 2500 Bounty Points for already having supported us :)

Yes, I can send something to Iran from here it won't be a problem :)

9. KellerMarie

KellerMarie

Bounty Points:
    Just added myself to the patron list. I love this idea :)

10. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Thank you so much! You have mine and @Freeze's thanks :)

You have been awarded 2,500 bounty for $1+ and you will also be eligible for extra tickets on the giveaways :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 21, 2014 ---
    We have officially reached our first milestone, and a manga giveaway is going to be announced soon!

11. Kadis

Kadis

Bounty Points:
    Since I love this site, I might as well :) Officially a patron.

12. This-Dude-from-Germany

This-Dude-from-Germany

Bounty Points:
    I would love to support this, but i neither have a credit card or an PayPal acc :(
    Maybe i can use the PayPal acc of my girlfriend... but i dont think so^^ She hates OP and will never support me spending money on it :/

13. Sengoku

Sengoku

Bounty Points:
    Is there a way to be charged now? I want to know if I have enough on my Paypal account ;P

minions, Mirai, Shion and 7 others like this.
  14. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Thank you! Both of you :D Bounty points have been awarded :)

@Sengoku -- we cannot charge you now, it automatically charges you at the end of the month. But you can check your PayPal balance via PayPal I think? Not sure, didn't use PayPal much :p Thank you for becoming a patron!

We appreciate your will to support us, even that is a good push for us to keep going :yaaa:

minions, BOCCHI, pelin and 10 others like this.
  15. Sengoku

Sengoku

Bounty Points:
    Your welcome but I fear it may return an error, so you should take back the bounty points for now... I've been having a lot of problems with Paypal lately >.>

minions, Mirai, Shion and 6 others like this.
  16. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    I'll take them back if it returns an error (which hopefully it doesn't!) Yea, PayPal is annoying. Very annoying. I prefer cards over PayPal personally because PayPal is double annoying here.

minions, Mirai, Shion and 6 others like this.
  17. Andre

Andre

Bounty Points:
    Andre is now an official patron! Glad to be of help to Oro Jackson. :)

minions, Mirai, Shion and 8 others like this.
  18. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Thank you for your support patron! :) 2,500 Bounty awarded!

minions, Mirai, Shion and 7 others like this.
  19. Kadis

Kadis

Bounty Points:
    I am honoured. :D Wow already a higher bounty than Chopper.

minions, Mirai, Shion and 8 others like this.
  20. simovich

simovich

Bounty Points:
    I'm a Patron by default you know that :p when Patreon gets new payment methods please announce xD as I will be able to support you with sweet dollahs.

minions, Mirai, Shion and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice