Discussion Suggestions to Improve One Piece

Discussion in 'General One Piece Discussion' started by Red Diamond, Nov 11, 2018 at 4:42 AM.

Tags:

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Diamond

Red Diamond

Bounty Points:
    This is going to talk about how I would portray the Yonko crews and introduce Haki better, in order to improve One Piece in my viewpoint. I'll also be sharing my opinion on how I would portray certain aspects such as the Straw Hats' personalities or character deaths. I'm new to Oro Jackson, and I posted this on Reddit but was met with extremely rude comments from OPtards/Oda loyalists.

Whitebeard- Have him destroy the iron wall using a few more quake bubbles, and kill Akainu. The top Division Commanders(Marco, Jozu, and Vista) would have control over a Whitebeard Pirate ship, with each swordsman Commander being capable of destroying mountains and defeating Pica; and any major member of Whitebeard's army would obliterate the Pacifista. Every Division Commander besides Marco would move up one spot in the Whitebeard Pirates, and Vista and Thatch would switch places: Jozu being the 2nd, Vista being the 3rd, Thatch the 4th, and every other Division Commander doing the same until we have Ace as the 16th Division Commander. Each Division Commander would still command 100 men, BUT it wouldn't be 100 fodder soldiers. A few of those soldiers would be named, infamous pirates with Haki and bounties. We would have a Whitebeard Pirates arc before the Battle of Marineford, so we can see their abilities and character development before Marineford.

Marco- Give him the ability to manipulate both healing and burning blue flames and a full fledged fight with Kizaru. Marco's offensive flames would be even more versatile than the Mera Mera no Mi and much stronger, such as being capable of wielding multiple Enteis in combat and creating constructs out of blue fire(not just bullets and spears). And he would use a bō staff to boost his offensive capabilities, but lose it in Marineford. Combined with his defensive flames that can block Akainu's magma fists and eat barrages of Light for breakfast, Marco would be stronger than an Admiral and kick Kizaru's ass.

Jozu- Have him destroy Crocodile and Doflamingo and easily break out of Parasite. Give him a full fledged fight with Aokiji. On par with an Admiral and weaker than Marco.

Vista- Give him a plant manipulation Devil Fruit and a full fledged fight with Akainu. On par with an Admiral.

Thatch- Weaker than an Admiral, being below Jozu and Vista, but above the other Division Commanders.

Blackbeard- Would not act like a dumbass in combat after betraying Whitebeard. Instead of Kuma being deployed to Thriller Bark, Blackbeard would be deployed and bring the Straw Hats to near death; as an assignment from the World Government to test their newest Warlord and Kuma would make his debut at Sabaody Archipelago.

The Yami Yami no Mi would allow Blackbeard to create and control Darkness and transform into an intangible Darkness form. He would control his element like any other Logia, actually being able to utilize close range, long range, and AOE attacks. His Devil Fruit nullification would still require physical contact, but the range AND potency of his gravity manipulation, and the range of his Darkness manipulation, would be weakened proportional to the amount of direct sunlight Blackbeard is exposed to. Blackbeard would be powerful everywhere he goes, but excel in pitch dark places like Thriller Bark. He would use metal claws as weapons and use them in combination with his Haki and Devil Fruits, especially since most Yonko Commanders and every other Emperor has some form of weaponry along with their other abilities. Pre-timeskip Blackbeard would be weaker than an Admiral. Blackbeard is a slow fat fighter, meanwhile Vista is a fast as fuck swordsman who would have plant manipulation powers, Jozu and Marco's defenses are top 10 in the series, and the Admirals are faster than pre timeskip Blackbeard. Also Yonko Blackbeard would be weaker than the other Yonko.

In order to create buildup and hatred towards him, Blackbeard could have been Paradise's version of Hisoka, doing his own thing behind the scenes and on the scenes, whether it's furthering his plans or messing with everyone including the antagonists. Screwing people over or helping the Straw Hats for his own ends in order to establish his newfound reputation as an independent pirate, and so the Straw Hats can grow a dislike towards BB whereas BB would rightfully treat them like bugs. And Magellan would join the Blackbeard Pirates.

In the Post War Arc we would have seen the Marines assign bounties to the Blackbeard Pirates, and the process in which the Blackbeard Pirates gathered supplies and entered the New World.

Jesus Burgess- He would have gone to Dressrosa to retrieve the Mera Mera no Mi for Van Augur, and his bounty would be revealed during his Dressrosa reveal. Burgess would have stolen Pica's Devil Fruit for himself, and won the final round of the Mera Mera no Mi battle.

I've often seen people say how the Whitebeard Pirates now look disappointing in comparison to the Big Mom Pirates, and how Marco and Jozu(especially Marco) now look underwhelming compared to Benn Beckman, Katakuri, and even Jack and Cracker. Now, I know that the Whitebeard Pirates aren't weak, they were a Yonko crew fighting the Marines after all. But at the same time when it comes to abilities and crewmate wise, the other Yonko crews put the Whitebeard Pirates to shame, even the Blackbeard Pirates even though logically they should be the weakest Yonko crew.

The Big Mom Pirates' military force seem like they could stomp the Whitebeard Pirates' military force, which shouldn't be my impression at all. The Yonko crews should be equal to each other, with the exception of the Blackbeard Pirates since they are new to Yonko status. Whitebeard had 16 Division Commanders and 43 subordinate New World Captains, but most of them didn't get the spotlight and didn't give the Whitebeard Pirates an advantage. Even the top Division Commanders were done dirty. Compare that to the Big Mom Pirates' military force: Big Mom has 3 Sweet Commanders, 30 non-Sweet Commander Ministers, Biscuit Soldiers, Chess Soldiers, Homies, human fodder, and each Minister controls an entire fleet of ships. Perospero's candy can be used to immobilize people to the point of doing so to genetically modified humans, immobilize huge structures such as Big Father, turn people into candy, and form armor around his body. Cracker can create an entire army of durable Biscuit Soldiers that are much more durable than Doflamingo's string clones, Smoothie can dehydrate her opponents with slashes, Daifuku's genie can destroy a fleet of ships, Oven can heat up large portions of the environment, and ability wise Katakuri puts Marco to shame. Meanwhile the Whitebeard Pirates paled in comparison, because Oda didn't finalize Haki nor the power level of the Yonko crews. Even Brulee and Mont D'Or can use their Devil Fruits to create entire pocket worlds. AND THIS IS IN THE MAIN CREW!

Kaido has 3 Supernova crews and Wano Country under his grip, had Caesar Clown and Donquixote Doflamingo as subordinates, 3 Calamities(one of which fought entire armies of Minks), a ton of Headliners and Gifters, and lots of ships. Blackbeard has Impel Down's former Chief Jailer and the Great Prison's worst inmates as subordinates, and Aokiji as an affiliate. And we don't know anything about the Red Hair Pirates, but they are fast as fuck and Beckman stopped Kizaru right in his tracks.

Once again I know the Whitebeard Pirates weren't weak, but the problem stemmed from two things: Time constraints and Haki's atrocious introduction. Had Haki been explained way earlier in the series and then showcased fully in Marineford through invisible AND black Haki, we would have seen Whitebeard's subordinates use Haki all over the place and kicking around Vice Admirals. Oda said that if he could, he would have wanted to make each Marineford Arc chapter fifty pages long. Which would have allowed the Whitebeard Pirates to be portrayed as MONSTERS, and show fights we weren't able to see in the canon storyline. And if editors didn't have so much power, we might have been able to get THAT Marineford Arc. There's also the fact that the Whitebeard Pirates were fighting the Marines in their home turf, but to me that's less of an issue compared to the other two. Give the Whitebeard Pirates their own arc during the Paradise section set in their own territory(like how the Big Mom Pirates had the Whole Cake Island Arc) or make the Marineford Arc longer in some way, then the Whitebeard Pirates would have been portrayed as MONSTERS worthy of being one of the world's most powerful pirate crews.

So for the top Division Commanders I wanted to expand on their abilities and give them actual fights with the Admirals and have Jozu easily defeat Crocodile and Doflamingo. And for Whitebeard make him kill Akainu, like he should have, in order to emphasize the power gap between the Yonko and the Admirals. And the Blackbeard Pirates imo have also been badly portrayed. So I would make Burgess succeed at obtaining Devil Fruits at Dressrosa, while Sabo still only has his martial arts at the end of the arc. And for Blackbeard, his power level wasn't shown well in the Paradise section and imo what Shanks said about his scar doesn't make any sense to me. And the Straw Hats didn't have any interaction with Blackbeard, to warrant them hating him at the end of the series. All their dislike of him, has to do with Luffy and his siblings. So it's pretty much only Luffy who truly hates the Blackbeard Pirates. So that's why I said all that stuff for Blackbeard.

Ariadne_Wyvern likes this.
  2. Ariadne_Wyvern

Ariadne_Wyvern

Bounty Points:
    Best choice is to join Oda Critics Club where they're more open to these disscusions. Get ready to meet many angry people in this post.

Also, Oda said himself that Whitebeard's divisions commanders aren't from strongest to weakest order. They're about equal strength

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 4:56 AM
  3. Red Diamond

Red Diamond

Bounty Points:
    What's Oda Critics Club?

Also that is true about most of the Division Commanders, but not so about the higher ranked Division Commanders. There's no way the other Division Commanders are equal to Marco, Jozu, and Vista. As a Yonko first mate Marco should be the second strongest in the crew, behind Whitebeard himself. And I made Jozu the 2nd Division Commander, because I'm sick of people saying Ace is stronger than him, I highly doubt that.

4. Ariadne_Wyvern

Ariadne_Wyvern

Bounty Points:
    It's a club where people criticise One Piece story. https://orojackson.com/threads/oda-critics-club.51970/
    Enjoy

5. Red Diamond

Red Diamond

Bounty Points:
    Donquixote Doflamingo- Instead of being handicapped by Law and defeated by Luffy, Doflamingo would be defeated by a strategic tag team of Luffy, Law, and a few more people against him and the Birdcage's durability would be explained. He would have been killed since Doffy was just as bad or even worse than Crocodile and canon Doffy is stuck in Impel Down and not doing anything. With Law doing the final hit against Doflamingo using Gamma Knife. And Fujitora would have exposed the truth about Crocodile, Moriah, AND Doflamingo!

Charlotte Perospero- Would be the fourth Sweet Commander instead of Snack, stronger than full power Donquixote Doflamingo, and demonstrate creativity with the Pero Pero no Mi(such as imbuing Armament Haki into his candy).

Charlotte Cracker- Instead of acting like a retard, Cracker would have stopped spamming Biscuit Soldiers after Nami started wetting the biscuits. He would have gotten rid of Nami, ripped apart Big Mom's Vivre Card, and demonstrated creativity and deadliness with the Bisu Bisu no Mi. Creating Biscuit Soldiers, Biscuit walls, Biscuit scythes, shurikens etc... Being a multi weapon wielder, Biscuit craftsman, and imbuing Haki into these constructs. Cracker would obliterate Luffy in their fight and leave him for dead.

Charlotte Katakuri- FUCKING WIN AGAINST LUFFY! FODDERIZE HIS ASS INTO THE GROUND! Plain and simple! Base Luffy should not have lasted so long against Katakuri, and instead used Snakeman right from the start. After the massacre Brook and Sanji could run into the Mirro World, quickly drag Luffy out, and nope the fuck out of there. Or have Big Mom order Katakuri to let Luffy go, and just let Kaido and his crew deal with those bugs.

Charlotte Daifuku- Would be less reliant on his genie

Charlotte Compote- Would replace Smoothie as the second strongest Sweet Commander. She's the eldest daughter of Big Mom, was the second child(being born after Perospero), was called one of the crew's monsters, is a Minister, and bears a strong resemblance to the Emperor herself. Imo it would be a fitting position for her. So the Sweet Commanders would be: Perospero, Cracker, Compote, and Katakuri. She would have a fruit salad Devil Fruit, creating giant fruits and controlling them individually, or in the form of balls composed of different fruits. And Smoothie, even though she wouldn't be a Sweet Commander anymore, would still be portrayed as the monster she was said to be.

Charlotte Snack(the person defeated by Urouge) would be a regular female Minster rather than a male Sweet Commander. But even then he would instead DEFEAT Urouge rather than being DEFEATED BY Urouge.

Big Mom- Would be known as "The Hungry Demon" and "The Strongest Woman in the World." Would have gone into detail about Garp and the Rocks while talking to Luffy at Fishman Island. Whitebeard would have mentioned Big Mom and Kaido to Shanks, as some of the most noteworthy people who knew the seas back in the Old Era. Rather than Kaido doing so, Big Mom would try to kill Whitebeard en route to Marineford, and the Red Hair Pirates would have to repel her. And I feel like Big Mom's subplot would still work without the Hunger Pangs, but that's my opinion. She wouldn't be so childish in the storyline such as not crying over Brook supposedly being dead and not being so focused on the wedding cake, instead she would be obsessive and heartless in accomplishing her goals. She would accept the treasure Luffy offered at Fishman Island to repair her ships, instead of trying to reject it because she didn't recieve candy.

Instead of being a crazy candy loving slob, Big Mom would be a devious witch. Intelligent and scheming and giving off an aura of might and dread. Still loving candy, but willing to put that love aside to focus on more important matters, such as obtaining money to repair the ships Kid destroyed. Her Hunger Pang state would be similar to drunk Kaido: she would actually be able to blitz people and effectively use attacks such as Ikoku Sovereignty, and not be a mindless state where she ONLY focuses on eating her craved food. Or if you prefer, she would have a state that focuses on rage instead of food. For example, rage towards the Straw Hats and her traitors interfering with her operations. Or she could just not have an alternate state.

I would change the reasoning for the mental breakdown Charlotte Linlin gets when Mother Carmel's photo is tampered with. I would still make it so her "biological" parents don't tell her about her durability and physical strength, but change that when it comes to her other childhood affiliates. After she ends up destroying that Elbaf village and killing all those Elbaf Giants, Mother Carmel would attempt to keep it a secret because she simply doesn't care about her rampages, but the Sheep's House orphans and Elbaf Giants would tell Linlin what happened. They would tell her the death and destruction of that village was the result of her uncontrollably craving Semla, and about her insane durability and physical strength. Linlin would cry but would be reassured by these people, offering to help control herself in a safer location. A few Elbaf Giants end up going to past Whole Cake Island with her, teaching her how to restrain her hunger, and teaching her the fighting techniques of Elbaf that would apply to her future usage of Napoleon. The Sheep's House disappearance and Linlin meeting Streusen stays the same, but as Linlin gains experience on the sea and knowledge about Devil Fruits, she starts to question the disappearance of Carmel and the orphans, and the acquisition of the Soru Soru no Mi. So eventually Streusen tells her the truth and she has a mental breakdown in response to the revelation. THAT'S the reason Linlin has a mental breakdown from Carmel's picture! Not because she mysteriously disappeared, but because of guilt and pain. Guilt and pain for eating Carmel and her friends, the only family she was close to in her childhood(to our knowledge).

Imo it wouldn't be a bad thing if Big Mom has control over Elbaf. Considering Kaido is in control of Wano Country, Blackbeard has Aokiji as an affiliate and is gathering Devil Fruits so his crew can become on par with the other Yonko crews, and Shanks hopefully increased his military power sometime ago, in my personal opinion Big Mom gaining control of Elbaf a few years prior to the timeskip wouldn't be a bad thing.

The Thousand Sunny should have taken Going Merry amounts of damage from the Big Mom Pirate fleets and Mama's attacks, Big Mom should have burned Jimbei even worse than Akainu, knocked out most of the wedding guests with her Conqueror's Haki, rendered Bege incapacitated for the rest of the arc, burned Brook's bones, Nami shouldn't have stolen Zeus, and Luffy should have never beaten Cracker and Katakuri. The Straw Hats' only win in Whole Cake Island should be copying the Poneglyphs. The Straw Hats would be forced to either sail the Thousand Sunny until it breaks down at Wano or take a Germa 66 ship, reflect on their big fat sweaty Ls on the way to Wano, and realize they have to be even more covert to have even a 1% chance against Kaido.

She would casually block a King Kong Gun with her elbow without Haki, bring Luffy to near death with a casual hand swat, and drain his stamina/energy. That way her raw durability and physical strength would be showcased at the same time. And it would reinforce the gap between every one of Luffy's previous opponents and Big Mom. And Totto Land would be inflicted with all kinds of insane weather amplified by Big Mom, that only the Big Mom Pirates can understand and navigate, in order to repel detected intruders.

Brook would sneak into the Treasure Room and take out the guards who are unaware, rather than outright beating all the guards. Thus copying the Poneglyphs by being extra stealthy. And Sweet City would be fortified with all kinds of defenses, fitting for a Yonko's capital city.

I put these suggestions simply because the damage done to the Big Mom Pirates was ridiculous, and Big Mom had no hype in Paradise. We saw Blackbeard multiple times, Whitebeard had an entire war arc and brought up in high reverence, Shanks also had high reverence and showed to be a benevolent badass, and Kaido was the main drive for Moriah creating Oars and regarded as a powerful pirate who massacred Moriah's old crew. Meanwhile Big Mom had.. nothing.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 5:57 PM
    Ariadne_Wyvern and Smoothie like this.
  6. Herr Krokodil

Herr Krokodil

Bounty Points:
    More Crocodile. That is all.

7. Red Diamond

Red Diamond

Bounty Points:
    Can't blame you :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2018 at 6:28 PM, Original Post Date: Nov 11, 2018 at 8:09 AM ---
    Luffy- I think how Luffy defeated Crocodile and Enel was bullshit, because of the bodies of post timeskip Logias. It now feels like one giant retcon. Pre timeskip Logias seemed like their entire body turned into their element, which is how Luffy was able to beat Crocodile with water and blood(Enel was still bs since Luffy doesn't actually turn into natural/synthetic rubber). But post timeskip Logias produce elemental barriers over their physical bodies, and can transform partially or fully. The elemental barrier is supposed to be impenetrable without Haki. So even if Luffy used water or blood on Crocodile at best the sand would become soft and muddy, but the elemental barrier would still be active. And rubber isn't completely immune to electricity, there's no such thing as an absolute insulator so Luffy should have received some damage from Enel's electrical attacks. He isn't a Special/Productive Paramecia so he can't transform into rubber or create it, his body can only mimic rubber properties. So he should have only nullified Enel's attacks, not bypass his lightning body.

So instead of having him beat Crocodile and Enel with the canon methods, he would subconsciously use invisible Armament Haki against them. Crocodile would utilize his Armament Haki against Luffy(if he has it) for the first time in a long time, and Luffy would have a strategic fight against Croco to understand this mysterious new power and beat an opponent stronger than him. And for Enel he would also have a strategic fight to not run the risk of being heavily injured even with his rubber body, having a somewhat better understanding of Haki but not by much. Invisible Armament Haki could also be an aura, instead of an ambiguous concept that you either have to figure out from self interpretation or from characters yelling "X used Haki!" Luffy would remark this aura to his group after defeating Crocodile and Ace would explain it to him, with a more in depth explanation from Garp. Observation Haki would be called, well, Observation Haki in Skypiea and Garp would also explain it. And Conqueror's Haki could be explained at any point, preferably at Amazon Lily.

And Hajrudin would one shot Luffy, not the other way around. Rubber isn't immune against blunt force either as demonstrated when Rob Lucci harmed pre timeskip Luffy. And I highly doubt Rob Lucci has better physical strength than an Elbaf Giant. Luffy should forcefully deflate and have blood gushing out of his body in response to being hit by Giants.

I personally wouldn't make Gear Fourth such a massive powerup. I'm completely fine with it increasing mobility, because Luffy needed that, but his Haki shouldn't increase to such a RIDICULOUS extent! I know that Gear Fourth increases Luffy's blunt force because of the contraction and release of his attacks, but it shouldn't get to the point that it could get through Cracker's Haki imbued sword, Hard Biscuit, and Block Mochi. So I would make G4 a logical powerup like G2 and G3. Make him put Haki in it, but not make the Haki be boosted by the Gear, that makes no sense, it's supposed to be the other way around. His mobility, toughness, and blunt force would still increase but not to an astronomical extent, unlike canon. Gear Fourth Luffy should be vulnerable to attacks from stronger Haki users such as Doflamingo, Cracker, and Katakuri, and not break through their Haki defenses like that. The only way your Haki would become harder(besides training Haki specifically) is if you have bodies like Kaido or Big Mom, or use Haki with durable defenses like Cracker or Katakuri. Rubber can only become tough after vulcanization, the chemical process used to convert polymers into more durable materials, and since Luffy isn't made of rubber itself he can't activate vulcanization. So his Haki shouldn't just magically become harder in G4 if he can't achieve durable rubber defenses like the DF defenses mentioned above. If he can't break through a BASE BISCUIT SHIELD as base Luffy or G3 Luffy, then he shouldn't do so in G4. And he ESPECIALLY shouldn't break through Hard Biscuit and Block Mochi! As for Luffy's level of power, in my opinion he should be equal or below the weaker children of the Charlotte Family, such as Flampe if she was a Haki user.

Luffy wouldn't conquer all the creatures on Rusukaina during his two year training with Rayleigh, and wouldn't have Conqueror's Haki. Theoretical and confirmed Conqueror's Haki users are supposed to exhibit the qualities of a king: being analytical, smart, know when and when not to fight, be able to command a group of people, being really strong, etc.. Big Mom, Roger, Rayleigh, Hancock, and Doflamingo either have the metaphorical title of royalty such as "The Pirate King" and "The Dark King" or are literal strong royalty. Same with Chinjao, even though he's a nobody now. Katakuri is hailed as a capable leader and as a Yonko's first mate is absurdly powerful. Blackbeard started from nothing and is now a Yonko, increasing his crew's strength until they are on par with the other Yonko crews. And must have a ton of courage and willpower to break into Impel Down, despite his debatable dumbassery in combat. And Blackbeard seems to know when a fight is too much for him, like when Akainu was approaching him and his crew after the Battle of Marineford. Shanks, Kaido, and Whitebeard are Emperors of the Sea and were demonic pirates even as rookies, and are now akin to forces of nature. And Dragon is the leader of the Revolutionary Army which automatically means he has these qualities.

Luffy doesn't exhibit these qualities. He's a retard in everyday life, rushes into heavily guarded places like Enies Lobby, fought Cracker despite Nami warning him that Cracker might be a Yonko executive officer, actively BROKE THE ESCAPE MIRROR which would have helped him escape from Katakuri, answers the Den Den Mushi at the worst possible times, is classified with an entire group of rookies, and is below any other Conqueror's Haki user except for Chinjao and maybe Hancock. In other words, Luffy doesn't exhibit the qualities of an extremely powerful ruler. He's kind, but he's not on the level of overall intelligence, experience, and strength of other Conqueror's Haki users.

By doing this it would introduce Haki in a much better way and establish a logical power scale, in which Luffy uses strategy to beat his opponents rather than flashiness. Strategic fights would be reserved for the Straw Hats and the Supernovas, and weaker Yonko subordinates. While the flashy fights would be reserved for the Yonko themselves, the Admirals, Dragon, Garp, Sengoku, the strongest Yonko subordinates, and the best Warlords such as Doffy and Mihawk. And anyone who can use Haki at Marineford would use it. And all Yonko subordinates would be powerful in their own way, and have bounties at or above 400 million; such as the Headliners, Pekoms, Tamago, and the weaker children of the Charlotte Family.

Ace- Tbh Ace felt more like a plot device to push Blackbeard's rise to power and Luffy realizing the terror of the New World, instead of an actual character. And being the Second Division Commander is too much for a rookie like Ace. So imo he should have been the Sixteenth Division Commander, a main character during Alabasta to actually feel like a character and not a plot device, and on par with a Vice Admiral. He would have aided the Straw Hats and Vivi against Baroque Works, be captured along with everyone else by Crocodile(and Croco would make a remark about the Old Man), we would see him throughout Paradise on his journey to find Blackbeard and avenge Thatch, and explain Armament Haki to Luffy after his final fight with Crocodile. Also the twist about Ace being Roger's son was cool but it wasn't necessary to the overall story. Regardless if he was Roger's son or Dragon's son, Whitebeard would still love Ace unconditionally. Plus you would think his lineage would have been foreshadowed at Alabasta. So imo Ace should have been Luffy's biological brother, a son of Dragon.

Sabo- Would focus on his actual mission in Dressrosa, instead of interfering in the Corrida Colosseum and the pirating world. And Sabo would be the weakest major Revolutionary along with Koala. Ivankov, Kuma, Hack, and most likely the Revolutionary Commanders have been in the organization longer than Sabo. Pre-robot Kuma had the Nikyu Nikyu no Mi and was freaking fast. Hack is a Fishman(who are 10x stronger than normal humans at birth), is a dear friend of Jimbei, is a Fishman Karate master, is a Fishman Jujutsu martial artist, trained Koala and Sabo, and was most likely connected to Fisher Tiger. The Revolutionary Commanders are responsible for leading the organization's divisions in the Four Blues. And Ivankov is a miracle worker who has traveled all over the world, knows Crocodile and his weakness, rightfully rumored to use unorthodox fighting techniques, and he's the ruler of a kingdom that's the gender opposite of AMAZON LILY! Its inhabitants are famous for Attack Cuisine and Newkama Kenpo, with Ivankov being the master of these cooking/fighting arts. He was also to Sanji, what Rayleigh and Mihawk were to Luffy and Zoro. Even Inazuma should be a senior Revolutionary, considering he's close to Ivankov. My point is that the other Revolutionaries have tons of reputation and are Sabo's SENIORS, he should be a brat compared to them.

Also he shouldn't even be the Chief of Staff. You are a bad second in command if you regularly abandon your posts on missions in exchange for fighting people. Dragon is a stern leader and the Revolutionary Army is not a summer camp. If there was a second in command like that in real life, or a Yonko first mate doing that, they would either be demoted or kicked out of the organization. So why is Sabo the exception? If anything Hack or Karasu should be the Chief of Staff.

Law and Luffy's plan against Doflamingo- Luffy and Law should have targeted sectors in Doflamingo's Underworld business before going to Dressrosa, instead of going straight to Dressrosa. They already ruined one side of the SMILE trade in Punk Hazard, Oda should have continued that trend all throughout Doflamingo's story saga. Have them go all over the New World, island to island, and destroying a specific sector of Doflamingo's business on each island. An island that's the center of Doffy's Devil Fruit black market, another one being the center of his weapons stockpiling, one with slavery etc... And in order to skim down how cluttered Dressrosa's cast was, hammer in how dangerous the New World is, and for the Straw Hats to do something in these islands, we could make each island populated by an Underworld syndicate and overseen by a Donquixote Pirate. And Luffy, Law, and even more people would tag team against Doflamingo.

This would be a well thought out, month long plan, to take down the Donquixote Pirates. Their defeat would be a small dent in the Yonko's pirate empires, but it would still be something. Strategically it would have made a lot more sense. Weaken your enemy's power little by little, before going straight to the enemy's heart. It would affect Kaido's pirate empire, and to a somewhat lesser extent, Blackbeard's pirate empire. Kaido because of obvious reasons, and Blackbeard since he might be trying to obtain some Devil Fruits through the Underworld. Big Mom would be affected the least imo since she wasn't involved with Doflamingo and had ways to get resources long before Doflamingo became a broker. And we don't know Shanks' Underworld connections. But even if Big Mom and Shanks are least affected by Doflamingo's defeat, we should see their reactions to it. And it would be an opportunity to see Big Mom and Blackbeard's post timeskip appearances since their subordinates were involved in the Dressrosa Arc.

THAT'S how you fight the Yonko, not beating Katakuri and Cracker with bullshit plot armor 10 years too early! When you hunt, you weaken your prey or tire it first, that takes time but the results are more than worth it considering going head-on to catch the prey woukd always be a failure. The prey being the Yonko. Oda has to make Luffy affect them indirectly, and that plan would be exactly that. It's aimed at Doffy but would also hurt the Yonko. And it would serve as an introduction to the dangers of the New World. We could have seen retarded crazy weather and Underworld syndicates who are powerful both in strength and influence, and are affiliated with Doflamingo. Then after Doflamingo's downfall we could have seen the reactions of each Yonko(not just Kaido), heard about the power of a Yonko's executive officer in Zou, and witnessed the overwhelming power of a Yonko crew in Whole Cake Island. See why the Yonko crews stand above most other organizations inside and out of the New World.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 12, 2018 at 5:01 AM ---
    Y'all need to respond. Keep this thread going.

8. RAIZEL

RAIZEL

Bounty Points:
    soooo looonggggg

9. RUIYO

RUIYO

Bounty Points:
    I ma sure you are saying some good stuff ..... but......but......
    .........but this^

Probably this would work better on Oda's critics club... Go ahead and post some of this stuff there. Some people might read it and answer. I recommend don't put all you Ideas at once because reading so much is well reading so much. But go putting them one or two at a time a little more resume and it would be perfect. But the clubs exist for this, to critic and gave constructive ideas on how Oda is failing and what he can do better.

10. Red Diamond

Red Diamond

Bounty Points:
    Well why else do you think I've put the suggestions in separate sections? I was hoping there would be gaps between these sections, through people replying in this thread. I wanted to use the replies to space the suggestions out. But so far.. nothing.

11. Ariadne_Wyvern

Ariadne_Wyvern

Bounty Points:
    All i can say about the Ace situation is that Oda decided to make him Roger son in the last minute similar to when he decided to have Lucci be a CP9 agent.
    I don't know what to say about haki though. Probably decided last minute as well.
    I'm actually pretty pissed Nami has Zeus. I mean, he's a part of BM soul. She should be able to call him back to her side!

I honestly think he shouldn't have female characters in general since he can't write them wor th a damn. Or at least stop giving them hype of being strong when they don't do shit, or end up turning good

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 6:08 AM
    Red Diamond likes this.
  12. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    I disagree on Law finishing Doflamingo. I was desperate to see the Luffy vs. Doflamingo fight ever since he was shown in Alabasta. Since Mihawk was off limits for Zoro, DD was reserved was Luffy. As much as I like Law, he was just added last minute, so for him to finish a villain that was hyped since Alabasta, then Jaya, MF, etc... seems off.

It still kinda pisses me off that we didn't get a 1 v. 1 between Luffy v. DD (which was I lead to believe was the case by the people that told me to watch One Piece). I wanted Luffy to beat him on his own. If Oda thought Luffy wasn't strong enough 1 v. 1, he should have given Luffy some intermediate opponent to boost his stats.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 6:18 AM
  13. RUIYO

RUIYO

Bounty Points:
    Some people are answering now engage with them so the thread can grow if that is your goal . Still I believe the critics club work better for this. But you do you. Right now I don't have time, but I might stop and read some of your Ideas and give you my thoughts later on.

Red Diamond likes this.
  14. bluefire12

bluefire12

Bounty Points:
    Do the Supernovas and Revolutionaries next

15. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Bounty Points:
    Give luffy a working brain and make him a proper captain

Red Diamond and Topi Jerami like this.
  16. TheAncientCenturion

TheAncientCenturion

Bounty Points:
    Should've stoppped when you wanted Old Whitebeard to kill Ace. Actually did stop when you want Marco to be > Admirals and Jozu/Vista = to them.

The last thing OP needs is more Yonko Commander wank. Give the Vice Admirals and Shichibukai some love instead or introduce more third factions, not dissimilar to Enel's priests or the Revolutionaries.

Tartan Owl likes this.
  17. Pritam

Pritam Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    stopped at this.
    sorry but Akainu is one of the important characters in OP..you can't let him die just after introducing him.

Nessos likes this.
  18. Nessos

Nessos

Bounty Points:
    What I read so far
    • You are a Yonkou wanker
    • You dislikes marines
    • And you are a fan of swordmen
    • You are another Katakuri fanboy
    • You dislike Luffy, I mean you want everyone to defeat him
    Making the story like this, Luffy would only be able to fulfill his dream with Fairy Tail like power ups, but I expected your Story would be about how to crush the dream of the MC and let him die at the end.

Coquet and Pritam like this.
  19. RabbidRabbit

RabbidRabbit

Bounty Points:
    This honestly reads more like an AU fanfic than actual criticism.

How does Whitebeard killing Akainu make the plot better? Whatever power-scaling you have in mind is not more important than establishing a main antagonist within the marines.

If the Whitebeard commanders were on par with the Admirals, then the Marines would be a total failure at their job of keeping the Yonko at bay.

You want Blackbeard to scheme behind the scenes? But that's exactly what he did.

Big Mom no-selling King Kong Gun without haki and almost killing Luffy with a no name attack would be ridiculous. How would he ever close that gap? I think her easily blocking Boundman already shows the massive gaps between her and other opponents.

I honestly have no idea what you're going on about logia bodies. When has it changed?

The main character getting one-shotted by a secondary character after spending two years training? WTF? That's not how story-telling works.

And that's without getting into the completely random stuff like Compote replacing Smoothie (why?) and changing character's personalities and backstories for no particular reason, or changing the results of fights just because you don't like them.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 11:32 AM
  20. Red Diamond

Red Diamond

Bounty Points:
    I imagine he did indeed put those concepts at the last minute, even with Haki. Oda could have implemented it in Paradise a LOT BETTER! Now because of its late introduction, you have imbalances in the power scaling. Now you have people thinking Marco is weak, thinking that Luffy is stronger than most of Whitebeard's Division Commanders, and now the Whitebeard Pirates look pathetic compared to the other Yonko crews. And yeah, Nami really shouldn't have stolen Zeus. That was like if Franky stole Kaido's kanabō. And Oda can't write female characters if his life depended on it.

I mean it made more sense imo for Law to land the final blow. Law had a past with Doflamingo and his crew, Law was the one who hated Doflamingo's guts, Law was the one who became a Warlord specifically to get close to DD and Caesar Clown, and Law formulated the Dressrosa plan specifically to bring down DD. He was technically the main character of Dressrosa, it was his character arc and Doflamingo's defeat was his goal. Luffy doesn't need to beat every main antagonist just because he's the MC. Oda should give other characters a chance to shine.

It's not about wanking the Yonko Commanders, it's about them effectively being portrayed as the Yonko's executive officers. Just look at Katakuri. Based on his feats and abilities, I think he's above or AT LEAST on par with an Admiral. I see a lot less people calling Katakuri weak, than I do people calling Marco weak.

I am fine with you liking Akainu and finding him important, but I think he's generic and replaceable. While the other Admirals, specifically Aokiji and Fujitora, are irreplaceable. Admiral Aokiji represents a Marine who realized the World Government's hypocrisy/corruption and straight up left, Admiral Fujitora represents a Marine who realized the World Government and Marines' hypocrisy from the very beginning and wants to change them, and Admiral Kizaru is a stoner . Fujitora wants to dissolve the Warlord system which was a central source of conflict in Paradise, and Aokiji is ALLIED WITH A YONKO! On the other hand there are MANY Absolute Justice advocates who could replace Akainu. Beyond his gimmick of magma powers and Absolute Justice, that is all Akainu has to his character. Any Marine could be uncaring to soldiers, any Marine could desire to execute deserters and lesser Marines with differing opinions, and any Marine could want to kill Luffy and Ace.

Not only that but Akainu is a bad Fleet Admiral. Any smart Fleet Admiral would have known moving Marine HQ to the New World was a useless move. What exactly was Akainu trying to achieve by doing that? Becoming the Yonko's butler? He's done NOTHING against the Yonko crews or the Whitebeard Pirates remnants after moving Marine HQ to the New World. The Beasts Pirates are still in control of Wano Country, gained 500 Zoan Devil Fruit users, gained 3 Supernovas as subordinates, and Calamity Jack is back. The Big Mom Pirates are still organizing Tea Parties and political marriages. The Blackbeard Pirates succeeded in advancing in the New World and are now hunting down Devil Fruit users, to the point they INFILTRATED A WARLORD'S ISLAND! Fujitora himself witnessed Burgess revealing himself as a Colosseum contestant and had a Marine squad on Dressrosa, yet his squad didn't even try to capture Burgess. The Red Hair Pirates are partying like usual. And the Whitebeard Pirates remnants are still out there yet the Navy isn't capturing them. Weevil and Bakkin are doing their dirty work.

It was a detrimental move if anything. Ever since Whitebeard's death, pirates have been entering the Grand Line even more than before. You have the Yonko increasing their power daily as always, still being the unopposed rulers of the New World like it's their personal playground, and the Navy isn't doing anything against them. They can conquer the world's strongest countries, take up lesser pirate crews as subordinates, collect Devil Fruits, and even collect Poneglyphs. And the Navy does nothing about it.

Akainu's equal is allied with Blackbeard, the New World is the center of the Underworld and protected by the Yonko's activities, and its weather is retarded. And there are still rookies such as the Supernovas, Bartolomeo, and Cavendish out there in the New World; some of them even going under the Yonko's umbrella. In short, there was no point in the Marines going into the Yonko's domain. They were better off keeping Marine HQ in Paradise and leaving the New World's status as the Yonko's domain as is. And if any pirates escape the Marines in Paradise, just let the Yonko crews or Underworld syndicates take care of those pirates. Overall, I think Whitebeard should have killed Akainu, and Marine HQ should have STAYED in Paradise!

1. Kaido is known as the World's Strongest Creature, was subjected to many forms of torture and survived, sank nine giant prison ships, fell from 10,000 meters into the sky and only had a minor headache, is in control of one of the strongest countries in the world(Wano), ragdolled a Supernova, almost destroyed an island by yelling, killed Prime Moriah's crew and traumatized him, has a spy in the Mink Tribe, was confident enough to try and kill Yonko Whitebeard, and had some form of confrontation with Yonko Shanks. He can turn into a dragon that can shoot out destructive energy blasts while still tanking Luffy's attacks. He tanked Elephant Gun, Elephant Gatling, and Kong Organ(which consists of many Kong Guns in quick succession) without a scratch and then one shot Luffy.

Big Mom destroyed an entire Elbaf village at the age of 5, killed many Elbaf Giants without a scratch including one who was a pirate for 300 years, viewed as an evil spirit by these giants, was said by Mother Carmel to have the potential to be an Admiral or Fleet Admiral, had a 50 million bounty at the age of 6, had a 500 million bounty not much later, was said by Cipher Pol to be a global security threat, was a pirate for 62 years, is so strong not even the PIRATE KING GOL D. ROGER and his crew wanted to fight her, stopped Gear Fourth like it was a feather, and has some of the highest stats in the series. She can casually create thunderstorms, turn intangible substances including those made by Devil Fruits into Special Homies that have higher intangibility than Logias, uses said Homies to operate as travel mechanisms and expandable weapons of mass destruction, has a Special Homie that can turn into a variety of swords capable of being enhanced by lightning and fire and Armament Haki, launch sword slashes capable of killing island devouring creatures, tank the worst explosions and massive amounts of lightning with little to no damage, and drain energy/stamina.

Pedro's suicide explosion broke through Perospero's Candy Armor and made him lose an arm. One casual lightning bolt from Zeus one shot Judge(who is a genetically modified human and the strongest Vinsmoke). The massive barrage of lightning Nami launched at Big Mom consisted of Black Ball+Weather Egg empowered lightning+Zeus himself(making it FAR more powerful than the bolt launched at Judge AND any one of Nami's lightning attacks). And yet Big Mom tanked both Pedro's suicide explosion and this massive barrage of lightning without a scratch, to the point that after tanking said lightning she burrowed through the earth like it's paper. And in her skinny form she tanked a massive discharge of lightning which consisted of Black Balls put right between the two halves of Zeus, which removed most, if not all, of Zeus' lightning AND immensely shrunk him to the point Nami and Brook could hold him. I mean Big Mom's skinny form did tank it worse than her normal fat form, but all she suffered were superficial burn marks, immediately bounced back up, and continued pursuing the Straw Hat Pirates. Her durability is the highest we've seen in the series, along with Kaido.

Shanks by default is equal to Kaido and Big Mom.

The Marines needed all kinds of preparations before the Admirals could harm Whitebeard. Before the first heart attack he was slashing Akainu's magma and blew out a magma fist with no problems, casually blocked a magma fist with a quake punch, casually destroyed Aokiji's ice spears and sent him to the bottom of the ocean while intentionally not using Haki, sent out tsunamis, destroyed frozen tsunamis in one hit, and ragdolled two Giants.

Pre-timeskip Blackbeard was stronger than Ace and pre-timeskip Luffy, and tanked a quake bubble TO THE FACE! During the timeskip he defeated Marco the Phoenix, who's defense is above the Admirals and has enough physical strength to kick them away. And defeating Marco was enough for Blackbeard to be acknowledged as the newest Yonko.

In short, the Yonko are absolute monsters. It's a reasonable assumption to say that the Yonko are above Marine Admirals.

2. So the Marines can't have devastating losses in the Battle of Marineford? Before and during the timeskip the Whitebeard Pirates lost their Yonko Captain, two Commanders, many subordinate New World Captains, a super giant known as Oars Jr, their territory, their ships, and Jozu lost his arm. Meanwhile all the Marines lost in the Battle of Marineford was a bunch of fodder, which is easily replaceable. Why should the Whitebeard Pirates lose so much power and influence, while the Marines lost nothing?

3. Your swordsmen statement makes no sense

4. Katakuri is a Yonko first mate and demonstrated to be far above Luffy in many categories. Do you actually think Luffy is stronger than Katakuri?

5. Luffy is a rookie who only learned the BASICS OF HAKI 2 YEARS AGO! It doesn't matter if he was trained by Rayleigh, training under him is not going to magically transfer Rayleigh's experience and abilities to Luffy. And transforming into a Gear shouldn't magically increase his Haki to an astronomical extent. If you payed attention to context, you would know that Luffy is not stronger than Cracker and Katakuri. Heck he isn't even stronger than DOFLAMINGO! He simply is not going to beat Kaido solo in this arc. I don't want him to die, I only want him and his crew to suffer devastating losses and be obliterated when necessary. And I want Oda to become better at power scaling and time frames. The Straw Hats have only been in the New World for at least 2 months, and yet they accomplished all that garbage in Whole Cake Island and wreaked havoc in Wano Country. The other Supernovas have been in the New World for 2 YEARS and have only just begun making alliances and formulating plans against the Yonko, and yet those plans are backfiring against them.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 1:00 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice