Discussion Stuff you might have Overlooked!

Discussion in 'General One Piece Discussion' started by Celestial D. Dragon, Jul 12, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    As many of you know, I love going through One Piece and looking for similarities in certain events that have taken place within the Manga/Anime, so I figured we should compile a list of all the the thing we've come across while reading/re-reading One Piece (or have just come across throughout the internet that other people have pointed out). Feel free to add to the list, when ever you come across something! I've wanted to do this thread for awhile, so lets get it started!

1) Perona's Ghost was watching the Straw Hats from the second they entered the Florian Triangle!

[​IMG]

2) Oda's Avatar, which is also the way Luffy thought a fishman would look, actually lives on Fishman Island

[​IMG]

3) Boa Hanckock, Marigold, and Sandersonjia's silhouette's can actually be seen escaping Mariejois, when Jinbei is talking about Fisher Tiger.

[​IMG]

4) Although Rebecca obviously forgot about Kyros after he was turned into the Toy Solider, the fact that someone else use to eat dinner with her and her mother is visible in her flashback.

[​IMG]

That's a few for now just to kickstart the thread. There are ton's of stuff like this scattered all over the internet, so if you find any, or if you have noticed any yourself, add away! :D

2. Walreyn

Walreyn

Bounty Points:
    nice thread... hehehe.... i've already encountered some of that stuff.. though i'm looking forward to others that will make my mind blown

3. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    That's cool! It didn't even occur to me about Perona's ghost until now... D'oh!

4. Meliodas

Meliodas Wanted Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
  5. Kaiser

Kaiser

Bounty Points:
    Nice thread!

6. Natsume Irie

Natsume Irie

Bounty Points:
    Woah....this is really detailed :eek:

NRW22, LogicoftheVI, Tango and 10 others like this.
  7. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    D: Hello Oda Sensei. In chapter 655 of volume 66 in the scene where everyone is eating deep sea fish bento boxes, Robin says "Delicious," Luffy and Usopp are going "munch munch," but only Zoro is going "crunch crunch." Did Sanji put razor-blades in Zoro's bento, as promised? Penname- Gillette

O: hnnnnn.... AMAZING!! Thank you for reading so carefully! I mean, I drew that while thinking that it wouldn't really be that bad if nobody ever noticed, but in chapter 653 of volume 66, we have this scene. There's usually no reason to use a crunchy sound effect when characters are eating bento, but I felt that Sanji would surely put the razors and poison in Zoro's bento, so I decided to draw it in that way. The serious nature of their fight is what makes it interesting.

That's so mean!

8. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Oh wow!

9. IllusiveTheory

IllusiveTheory

Bounty Points:
    Hahaha!! Sanji is one evil bastard:rofl:. What IF Robin would've mistaken eaten the wrong bento;(.
    Poor Zoro:lmao:, while everyone was enjoying delicious lunch, He was choking on razor-blades.

LogicoftheVI, rfx9416, Munshi and 6 others like this.
  10. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Zoro can handle it

11. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    I was thinking the same..but it still,somehow breaks my hearth to see him being a victim ...Sanji really is the Devil

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  12. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Oh, I agree 100%! :D

LogicoftheVI, Munshi, caimie and 5 others like this.
  13. IllusiveTheory

IllusiveTheory

Bounty Points:
    Hahaha:rofl:! He sure can:eek:. The guy has an Iron stomach:yaaa:.

LogicoftheVI, Munshi, Diraj and 4 others like this.
  14. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    And he will get his revenge....:p:D

LogicoftheVI, Munshi, caimie and 5 others like this.
  15. IllusiveTheory

IllusiveTheory

Bounty Points:
    No need for revenge:D.. Karma is a bitch:p, since PH arc Sanji has been drawing the sh*tty luck straw:rofl:.

16. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    This is very true...haha

LogicoftheVI, Munshi, caimie and 6 others like this.
  17. luffydzoro

luffydzoro

Bounty Points:
    Great thread

IllusiveTheory, Munshi, Naito and 4 others like this.
  18. Redx

Redx

Bounty Points:
    Heres the actual SBS page. Just in case you wanted it.

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 16, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 16, 2014 ---
    Also I used this in another thread but I feel it's relevant here too.

http://imgur.com/a/tVXn7
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 16, 2014 ---
    Oh, and for those of you who could never find Pandaman.

http://www.thegrandline.com/pandaman.html

19. IllusiveTheory

IllusiveTheory

Bounty Points:
    Luffy's CoA Haki improvement people may not have notice! During Fish-man Island Arc, Luffy stated his Armament wasn't strong enough to stop cutting & piercing attacks. Now! In Dressrosa arc Luffy CoA haki has improved to the level he can carry Law while using one hand to Stop a Sword cut.

So during the course of two Arc, Luffy's CoA haki has gotten to the point it can protect him from Doffy's five color string without lethal injury:yaaa:. At-least now people can calm that Luffy's weakness is sharp object nonsense:D:rolleyes:.

http://img.**************/manga/one-piece/641/09.png http://img.**************/manga/one-piece/752/17.png
    ^Bottom Left panel^

P.S: Can someone who's good with editing image, Help me edit these penal to better show what I'm talking about:unsure:.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  20. Redx

Redx

Bounty Points:
    I liked that you noticed that but theres a few things you should know. In the first scan I'm certain that Luffy was referring to the invisible/basic Armament Haki not the Black Koka Haki(which would probably be more durable)

Secondly you shouldn't really be comparing Hodi's bite to a mere sword strike. Hodi was a humanoid great white shark Fishman. Great White's have a bite force of 4000 lbf(18,000 newtons) and even the likes of Arlong was a superhumanoid version of that due to being able to crush large stone pillars and even solid iron canon balls with utter ease using nothing but his teeth and jaw strength. Hodi was vastly superior to Arlong even in base and due to being a Great White Shark fishman his biteforce/jaw strength(being his primary asset) was also superior. Thats not even taking into account all the tens of dozens of steroid pills he was taking each would double his strength even further on top of that.

So, all ranting aside: bottom line is that the dude's bite-force was friggin' insane compared to being attacked with an ordinary sword.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice