Haki Star wars' force and one piece's haki

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by ardym, Oct 13, 2018 at 6:55 PM.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. ardym

ardym

Bounty Points:
    just 2 questions for discussion , i think many agree that are many similarities between the force and haki , i would say haki is more like a combination between Ki (dragon balls) and the force (star wars). sure with some new aspects and Oda's idea in it.
    what do u think which of the haki abilities are based on which techniques of the force ?
    which techniques of the force do u think that Oda is gonna use in the future for the every color of the haki.

Kung Fu Dugong and Pritam like this.
  2. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    They are not similar. From what I have seen in star wars The Force is everywhere. Its like a cosmic energy that certain people can't tap into and control. Haki is innate to living organism and everyone can use it (with training obviously).

Kyro Kakugi and Sanji_ like this.
  3. Charlotte Horchata

Charlotte Horchata

Bounty Points:
    Haki is hardly inspired by the Force. Any similarity that could exist between the two of them is likely explained by a spurious relationship since they're based on the same profile of oriental spirituality.

Luna <3 likes this.
  4. ardym

ardym

Bounty Points:
    what i mean not the origins of these 2 powers more the similar abilities let us say for example:
    Detoxify Poison and force healing are two force techniques , but when u think about it Luffy could use them like in Impel down and maybe that might be caused to his CoC haki .

5. Beky

Beky Frost Maiden Wanted Roger Cracker Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    The Force is much more than just spirit. Force is like an God in SW universe. Think of it as a force that pushes things forward , like something that moves the universe in a certain direction. And then you have special people who can tap in that force , Jedi tap into the light side and Sith tap into the Dark side. This is very very limited in the SW universe and it is not something you can achieve like Haki. That's why those people are called force sensitive people.

When Obi and Qui Gon met Anakin on Tatooine Qui Gon noted that Anakin caused a vergence in the force. This isn't something you see with anyone in OP universe.

6. Beky

Bounty Points:
    Nope , Luffy got healed becaues of Ivankov , he didn't heal by himself

7. ardym

ardym

Bounty Points:
    Ivanovo himself said that he only gives a help and by the way Luffy recovered in very short time , and that was caused by his will or should we say his haki .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 7:28 PM
  8. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire

Bounty Points:
    Don't forget George Lucas, was heavily influenced by Japanese culture, and Westerns, when making Star Wars, Haki, Chi, Chakra, are all based on similar "Asian" influences. So it's not a stretch to see the Force being influenced by those same things.

Kung Fu Dugong and soultrain like this.
  9. Beky

Bounty Points:
    Yea will , will to survive because the process of the antidote was really really hard to pass. It has nothing to do with Haki

10. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire

Bounty Points:
    Did Iva give Luffy an "Antidote"? I thought Iva caused Luffy's body to Break down and regenerate and Hyper Speed, while boosting his body's natural immune system to fight off the poison? That's why Luffy can make anti-bodies to poison now (Like during Fishman Island).

11. Beky

Bounty Points:
    It's much simpler to just say antidote :ZULUL:

Ice D Fire likes this.
  12. Ice D Fire

Ice D Fire

Bounty Points:
    I guess, simple but inaccurate.

13. Sadistic Senpai

Sadistic Senpai

Bounty Points:
    So badically the force is like Riatsu in Bleach Universe if you have seen Bleach!
    Cause I'll be honest, I've never seen Star Wars, nor I will watch it in the future! NEVER EVER haha! Just not my thing!

Rider likes this.
  14. BearJew

BearJew

Bounty Points:
    Man fuck star wars, such an overrated franchise
    Haki and the force are not the only “spirited-out-of-this-world things” in fantasy stories. Star wars is just the most popular hence the similarity. Still, it’s just a little inspiration and i dont think oda is basing haki over the force

Rider likes this.
  15. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    Nah in bleach Riastu was also being produced by the fighter. You can't produce the force, you can only tap into it and control it if you are special. The force is more like Naruto's toad/frog technique where he is able to tap into and control the energy that is present in the air or surrounding. Point is the force is an external power.

You should watch a movie or two. They are really good. Especially the recent ones (2015-17).

Rivaille and Rider like this.
  16. Beky

Bounty Points:
    What :pepeanger:

Hold on right there. If he is gonna watch anything he is gonna watch the the original

17. Rider

Rider

Bounty Points:
    naaa it's like telling my sister to watch Shining or to me to play with Pokemon cards..it's just not my thing:cigar:and i like sci fi therefore starwars too, saw them all:yaaa:
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 13, 2018 at 10:30 PM, Original Post Date: Oct 13, 2018 at 10:29 PM ---
    yeah i agree , always start from the start..fisrt trilogi..then a lame second one and finally this new one who has not finish yet

mettalica.D.symon likes this.
  18. Sadistic Senpai

Sadistic Senpai

Bounty Points:
    But Riatsu was everywhere. It was in the atmosphere, the whole soul society was made from Riatsu. And if I'm not mistaken even in the living world, the objects have some riatsu in them (not sure though about the living world) but I'm pretty sure about soul society and the hollow world as well, as both places are made from riatsu and it's almost everywhere, even houses are made from riatsu. Which is why when Ishida vs Mayiori, when he released his limiter, he was absorbing even houses and trees...etc

19. Hero_Hat

Hero_Hat

Bounty Points:
    There is a fundamental difference between Haki and The Force.

Haki is an innate ability dwelling in all living things.

The Force is an existential energy that exists in nature itself and only special people are prone to its existence and usage.

20. Sadistic Senpai

Sadistic Senpai

Bounty Points:
    I like that you both are arguing on which one I should watch first when I exactly said NEVER hahaha.

mettalica.D.symon likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice