Discussion (Spoilers!): Phantom Troupe has a new member?

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Deleted member 10103, Jun 10, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Deleted member 10103

Deleted member 10103 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Warning: This Discussion contains spoilers from the most recent chapter(s).

So with the most recent chapter we see after the battle has ended, Hisoka comes back to life and kills Shalnark and Kortopi. But after that, he says that 10 members remain.
    http://img.***************/cdn/manga/69/3459/19.png
    However if you count up the current members, they add up to be 9 including Chrollo.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe its a mistranslation? - I doubt this because it should not be difficult to translate numbers (I don't speak or read Japanese nor understand it but I'm assuming it could be easy to translate simple numbers)

A new member? Maybe.

So is it possible that they recruited a new member to replace either Pakunoda or Uvogin. If so, who do you think that is? The Nen Exorcist back at Greed Island? Or some other criminal/murderer?

Am I forgetting something? Let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  2. Kappa King

Kappa King

Bounty Points:
    My thoughts.

There HAS to be a new member. First of all, if we let Machi be alive (Hisoka left her restrained but never really was shown killing her off screen Togashi pls) And take out Korptoi and Shalnark permanetly, then we have only 9 members. It makes no sense whatsoever that Hisoka would say 10 members unless there was another member that we have yet to be made aware of. The math doesn't add up (actually if Machi is dead then the math is even worse). I would say a new member (most likely taken Urogin's postion as the #11) is the most likely scenrio. There is no other possibility unlss Hisoka is aware of any former members that are still alive.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Cpt. and Deleted member 10103 like this.
  3. Baba

Baba

Bounty Points:
    I think it's the Nen exorcist .

Does anyone knows that if Chrollo has to meet the former user to return back the stolen ability. If not then is it possible for him to give Kortopi his ability back and the severed head we saw was just a fake one using Gallery Fake? I know it's far fetched xP

4. Killumiknight

Killumiknight

Bounty Points:
    I'd rather say they have 2 new members
    Because during the York New Arc, they lost 3 members: Uvo, Paku and Hisoka
    Tho Hisoka was replaced by Kalluto

However the exorcist seemed rather weak, he didnt even dare to fight against the bomber, who was rekt by Gon - thus I believe the chances are rather low tbh

I could rather see Illumi joining the Spider - he's strong, literally manipulative and even killed the 10 dons for Chrollo - the only problem would be the payment, cause the Zoldycks do nothing for free
    But then again, even Kalluto joined, and also we all want Illumi to go to the dark continent as well (assuming all spiders will go there)

Vivija and Deleted member 10103 like this.
  5. Deleted member 10103

Deleted member 10103 Guest

Bounty Points:
    This is true. All he really did was remove the chains from Chrollo if I remember correctly and was not much of a fighter.

Killumiknight likes this.
  6. Winter G.

Winter G.

Bounty Points:
    Like the others are saying, chances are the nen exorcist might be the newest member. He really is handy for the group considering Kurapika's nen ability.

Deleted member 10103 likes this.
  7. Killumiknight

Killumiknight

Bounty Points:
    Tbh I could even see Pariston involved with the Spiders, possibly even being a member, we never know what he's up to
    Yet again, just like the exorcist (how come we all forgot the exorcist's name? Lmao) Paris is not really strong, as Ging claimed

And since the Ape Zodiac is already confirmed as a traitor kinda, i wouldnt say its impossible for him to join the Spider as well

Ik these are kinda farfetched, i'm not even saying they have a high chance, just that it might be worth a thought…even though their objectives are completely different...but hey, Hisoka isnt really a thief either but joined them ^^'

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  8. Roy99

Roy99

Bounty Points:
    A new member? Great, nice idea mate. I'm so hyped to see how Hisoka will clash with the Top Dogs of the troupe. Feitan, Phinks, Nobunaga. They won't allow themselves to be killed, that's for sure. So excited!!!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  9. Just a member

Just a member

Bounty Points:
    A question that needs to be explored ^^

1) yes, most likely it isn't a translation error, this is just Togashi unique way to tell us the PT has a new member.

2) So who is it? Impossible to tell but I think we can try to say who it can not be.

Illumi. No, there is already Kalluto in the PT.. this could be the case if Togashi want to bring him in the dark continent but it is way easier and more plausible if one of the princes has hired him (or even Zeno and Silva or even Maha..). Same can be said for the other Zoldics (lol at Silva or Zeno in the troupe).

The nen remover who helped Chrollo. Very difficult, he was smart but aside grom that his only skill is the nen removement and even if it is extremely usefull in Chrollo situation it is useless in every other. Just try to imagine what he could have done for the PT in, let's say, the York shin arc. And furthermore the main proof is the behavior, he is not a serial killer.

Going by the last change (Kalluto) it is entirely possible the new member is somebody who we have already seen.

It can not be a spy in other groups snce Hisoka knows about him, moreover imo it is not the Troupe style. So, example, it can not be a Zodiac under cover and it has to be somebody who hasn't problems in killing people and of course strong enough.

I can only think a few of the characters introduced til this point that fit the description.

Raizo. One of the game masters of Greed island. Even if he should first have a purpose to join the Troupe and I can't imagine what it might be.

Maybe one of the hunters who were competing for the chairman position. Possible, afterall they lack every tiny bit of a background which can be modelled as Togashi likes it the most.

Maybe a chimera ant which escaped death, but it has to be a very strong one and, escluding the royal guards and Meruem, there wasn't any worth powerwise.

Ok, at this point the one who has the most chances for me is Raizo but still they are very few, somehow I can't see him in the PT regardless meeting, most likely, the power (or at least potential) and easiness in killing required. Will try to find another ones suited for the role among the characters we have already seen.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  10. Kodomo

Kodomo

Bounty Points:
    Phantom Troupe Situation
    • Uvogin (dead) - possible replacement
    • Pakunoda (dead) - possible replacement
    • Shalnark (dead) - recent (not getting yet replacement)
    • Kortopi (dead) - recent (not getting yet replacement)
    The possible one is Phantom is getting a replacement for Uvogin and Pakunoda. Possible candidate
    • Strong nen user
    • Criminal or having a bad reputation
    • Underworld assassin
    • Exiled person
    • The man without identity

4kat0sh and Deleted member 10103 like this.
  11. 4kat0sh

4kat0sh

Bounty Points:
    As what @Kodomo said
    We need to think of possible + suitable replacement
    Since we need to work as a group
    I remember when nobunaga said that when he fought back to back with uvogin,
    They are undisputed
    So I guess, depends on Chrollo plans, the teams must synergy with each another
    Hisoka is the worst tho and I still don't understand why Chrollo let him in

12. Fire_Fist_Recca

Fire_Fist_Recca

Bounty Points:
    Hisoka defeated the previous number 4 of spider. according to their rule once the member gets defeated to a challenge, he needs to leave the group and the challenger will take his spot.

13. 4kat0sh

4kat0sh

Bounty Points:
    Yes, I remember and aware of this.
    Considering of this ruling, Chrollo must be really, really strong.
    Since he is the one that makes the rules.
    I don't know if there is/are any other Phantom Troupe leader before Chrollo.
    Hisoka and Illumi looked strong and their character are very intimidating.
    Chrollo's sense of calmness and cool didn't make him look strong.
    If somebody make HxH power/strength thread, we could simply missed Chrollo out.

14. FollStion

FollStion

Bounty Points:
    I think it's quite obvious that we'll new characters as new members for the PT. Else, it's boring and repetitive.

15. Juwai D. Seele

Juwai D. Seele

Bounty Points:
    New member and either one of...

a) totally new character
    or
    b) unexpected seen character.

Either way, replacing Uvogin and Pakunoda, either the new member have to be insanely strong or useful nen ability.

Can't think of anyone worthy enough.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice