Relations & Backstories Speculation: X Drake is an undercover Cipher Pol agent

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by ToBeThriller, Jan 2, 2019.

Share This Page

?

How would you consider the likelihood of this speculation turning out to be true?

1. Very possible

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Possible

22 vote(s)
    34.9%
  3. Plausible but unlikely

27 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Impossible

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. ToBeThriller

ToBeThriller Wanted! Wanted Big Mom

Bounty Points:
    Hey, there. I'm not sure if this theory or speculation already exists somewhere on the internet as I've never heard about this. I've only recently given thought to what X Drake's story might involve and something about his prior involvement with the Marines and the seemingly quick decision to join Kaido's forces when he entered the New World made me think that Drake probably has mission/ulterior motive in joining Kaido's crew.

Now allow me to get into the details of my thought process when I considered the possibility that X Drake is probably on an undercover mission under the watch of the Cipher Pol. But why not as an undercover Marine you may ask, let me explain.

As we all know, Drake was a former Rear Admiral as mentioned by Kizaru. He also expressed how he did not know Drake's reasons for doing so. The Cipher Pol is separate from the Marines and the Marines are more often than not kept away from details of Cipher Pol missions. Even fleet Admira Akainu had no idea Cipher Pol changed the news for Doflamingo until after it happened. So if Drake was on a secret CP mission, even an Admiral wouldn't know.

Ch. 509
    [​IMG]

Though it is also possible that Drake defected from the Marines after finding out certain truths about the World Government or inherently felt that the Marines were wrong, I find this reason unlikely for a couple of reasons:
    1. Drake was taken in by the Marines when he was very small. That little Kid on Minion Island along with Law, Corazon, and Diez Barrels was Drake and was taken in by the Marines. Why would he decide to turn against the very people that took him in and helped him?
    2. He rose to the ranks of Rear Admiral, which is not necessarily an easy task. You need a drive and proper training to reach the level of Rear Admiral. Yet a Rear Admiral is not in a position that is high enough to be involved with higher politics with the CDs, Gorosei, etc. or even have knowledge of the corruption and underhanded dealings of the WG to compel him to leave the Marines.
    3. Even if he disagreed with the way the Marines operated, why would he leave? Becoming a pirate will not change the WG, nor will it make the Marines any more righteous. This is precisely why Smoker and Fujitora didn't leave the Marines even after witnessing the WG's duplicity and insensitivity to civilian issues.

Another reason Drake may have defected from the Marines is, as Kizaru suggested, "to scout the other side". Perhaps Drake was curious about the lifestyle of pirates or about the One Piece. Maybe he just got bored being Rear Admiral one day and decided to become a pirate. This is actually more likely than the previous reason as Drake does not come off as a particularly righteous man. Remember these two scenes?

Ch. 498
    [​IMG]

Ch. 793
    [​IMG]

In the first one, why does Law ask Drake how many men he has killed? (Here, men may mean just Men or people in general, I think it is the later because IIRC, the Japanese version says people.) Is Drake notorious for killing lots of people? Or does Law perhaps have some info or doubts on Drake's motives? Also, was Law referring to people he killed as a Marine, or a pirate? What if Law has been digging into Drake and probably has reason to believe he is a Cipher Pol agent? That would honestly justify him asking that question. Since the CP is known for shady dealings, if Law somehow knows or perhaps just has a hunch that Drake may be a CP agent, he may wonder if Drake has a lot of blood on his hands working for the CP.

The second scene just shows us that Drake IS NOT motivated by any curiosity or ambition to follow his father's footsteps as he doesn't seem to care enough about him. I mean, why would he? Diez Barrels didn't even raise him for most of his childhood, the Marines did, plus Barrels physically abused him quite a bit.

So when we take all of these into consideration, there are only 2 LIKELY scenarios: (The other scenarios are not impossible, but are very unlikely and IMO would not really make for a great character story)

1. Drake legitimately is not really a righteous person and just wants to explore the other side.
    2. Drake is on a secret mission as an undercover Cipher Pol agent.
    Note: Aokiji left the Marines because he detests Akainu's ways, he has since joined up with Blackbeard possibly to spy or take him down, it is possible that Drake too left the Marines for similar reasons but nothing so far suggests Drake detested the Marine leadership at the time he decided to leave. Seeing that he was a rookie in the Saboady arc, we can safely assume Drake was a relatively new pirate and the Marines were under Sengoku's leadership at that time. Drake certainly would have no reason to defect from the Marines to spy on Kaido ON HIS OWN ACCORD if Sengoku (who is a very reasonable and likeable man) was leading the Marines.

Driven by an honest personal bias, I prefer scenario 2 over scenario 1 as it would make for a more interesting story (Agreed, not really an objective-based approach) and I'm sure most of you would prefer scenario 2 as well.

Now for a few hints that may support this and also explore what Drake being a Cipher Pol agent might imply for the story of One Piece, especially in the Wano arc.

First thing's first, Drake was the only Supernova who seemed to know what he was doing in the New World right away and seemed to have a clear objective.

Urouge randomly stumbled upon Raijin island. Bonney was actually captured by Blackbeard who left her to Akainu and the next time we see her, she's in hiding. Law decided to wait and think. Capone got lifted off by a floating magnetic rock (which we may sadly never know about :feelscryingman: ) and seemed utterly clueless. Kidd just wanted to wreck shit up. But Drake had a clear cut plan, he visited Kaido's favorite island on purpose, fought with Scotch, joined their crew, captured Caribou. Not once did he seem like he didn't know what he was doing.

Could this be because the Cipher Pol has instructed him to do so? Drake joined the Marines when he was still quite young. The Cipher Pol probably trained him as a child. Even if they haven't, Drake may have been selected by the Cipher Pol after Drake became a Rear Admiral. It is also possible that Drake was given a Zoan fruit by Cipher Pol, so Kaido would recruit him.

Possible objectives of his secret mission (may or may not include all or few or just one of the following):

• Spy on Kaido and relay vital information about Wano.
    • Disrupt Kaido's dealings in acquiring powerful weapons.
    • GET INFO ON THE ROAD PONEGLYPH THAT KAIDO POSSESSES
    What if the Cipher Pol's main objective is to get information on the road poneglyph that Kaido has? Like it's location, rubbings, or what Kaido is doing about trying to read it, etc. I think this is very likely and most probably is the case.

So to sum it all up:
    • Drake is on an undercover Cipher Pol mission.
    • He was directed by the Cipher Pol to join Kaido's forces to investigate about the road poneglyph along with a few other objectives.

Please do share your thoughts. Is there something wrong with my speculation? Have I made any errors or missed out somethings? Please do let me know :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  2. Wai

Wai

Bounty Points:
    Hmm, this could be possible, meh, whatever he is he's about to get his ass handed to him. :woot:

3. TheoryKing

TheoryKing

Bounty Points:
    Well there are 2 possibilities for what the undercover part. One is the Cipher Pol agent route, as you suggested. The other one is the marine route similar to Corazon, where he was kicked out to build up a pirate crew to infiltrate the yonko, like Corazon did with Doffy.

As for the objective:

-> Get close to Kaido and bring him down.

Endeavor and Wai like this.
  4. The Curly Haired Ninja

The Curly Haired Ninja

Bounty Points:
    Yh this would be pretty nice.

- Oda hinted at CP unit infiltrating Yonko bases last arc with Stussy
    - He showed Orochi and WG have a connection

Drake could very well be feeding the government information about Kaido, to help them kill him and allow Wano to be connected to the WG and not be isolated. In turn getting Wani to be under the WG, and for them to then farm more seastone for more Marine Soldiers to use.

Drake Timeline:
    - Hates Pirates and becomes Marine
    - Asked to go on a secret mission by the CP unit because his DF would fit the Beast Pirates Crew
    - Sets out as a fake pirate and has the CP unit write fake news on him killing people. Marines then raise his bounty unnecessarily high. Law however probably picked on it, and sarcastically asked if he ever murdered someone
    - Drake becomes notorious and wants to join Kaido's crew. In turn he attacks Scotch and other members to get an audience with Kaido.
    - Kaido sees his strength and makes him headliner.
    - After the two years he makes him a Flying Fighter

Kyro Kakugi, yack, Endeavor and 3 others like this.
  5. ToBeThriller

Bounty Points:
    You have many valid points here xD

And yess! Seastone, completely forgot about that!
    The order of events that you've described also seems very possible and fits well :)

6. The Curly Haired Ninja

The Curly Haired Ninja

Bounty Points:
    You made the world and I brightened it:p

Endeavor and ToBeThriller like this.
  7. ToBeThriller

Bounty Points:
    Hmmm. It is possible that he could be on a Marine mission. But Corazon was quite a low ranking officer and it is possible not many people within the Marines knew about him. So it was possible to involve him into a secret mission. But Drake was a rear Admiral when he left, that's quite a high rank. I believe Kizaru, an Admiral himself, ought to know about a Marine mission but in fact he has no idea about it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 2, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 2, 2019 ---
    How lovely xD

Ariadne_Wyvern and Endeavor like this.
  8. rayanOO

rayanOO

Bounty Points:
    Good work and it's totally possible but I am more into the theory that he learnt something horrible about WG/marine and decided to quit to change things outside.

But I totally agree with you that Kaido was his objective all along since he left the Marine or even before. I even ask myself if he didn't eat his fruit to please Kaido and make him eager to recruit him. What do you think ?

Endeavor and ToBeThriller like this.
  9. ToBeThriller

Bounty Points:
    Possible but I can't think of what horrible things a rear admiral can see in the WG that would make him want to become a pirate. He could've become a revolutionary right? :p
    Plausible but I don't think that's it. However, it is possible he was given this fruit by CP so he could join Kaido in the first place.

Endeavor likes this.
  10. Roll Credits

Roll Credits

Bounty Points:
    I like this theory because it speculates X-Drake's purpose, he's been a wild card for a while.

But a few things...

Why would he need to get Road Poneglyph information if CP0 is under the World Nobles, wouldn't that make his purpose redundant since the Gorosei, who are a part of the World Nobles, already know about the Void Century and Raftel?
    Whatever the One Piece is as it relates to the Void Century, Raftel and the throne, it seems like the World Nobles want to keep it hidden from the rest of the world, implying they already know. Meaning the Gorosei, as we think so will be one of the final enemies along with Blackbeard and Im.

If X-Drake is a CP0 member I think his mission would be closer to the point of overthrowing Kaido and the Shogun to get unlimited access to sea stone and other resources exclusive to Wano to produce stronger weapons with little to no cost to the World Government and World Nobles.

Why Stussy was in WCI? Maybe playing her role as an Underworld emperor.

I think Wano will be a casualty of internal and external forces conspiring against the fate of the country as a whole. If you want parallels, it goes along with Japan's period of isolation externally and what caused those events to come to an end internally.

Wano's borders are going to be opened at the end of the arc, but the question is who's going to control the country after those borders are opened? Orochi seems to know the value of his country's resources and the importance of keeping its borders closed. I'm sure it's been a thorn in the side of the World Nobles for a long time they've had to negotiate with a country that isn't under their control in any sort of way. Kaido acts as the muscle to keep the World Nobles in check and business for Wano goes as usual: they have leverage.

Big Mom, the Luffy-Law-Mink-Samurai Alliance, Kid, CP0, and Kyoshiro (for what it appears) may all play their part in causing instability in Wano that the World Government may take advantage of.

X-Drake being a CP0 agent is highly believable, but his purpose for being in Wano is where I think there's something else going on.

Endeavor, ToBeThriller and rayanOO like this.
  11. ToBeThriller

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for sharing your opinion :)

It could also be that his mission is to prevent and disrupt any attempts by Kaido to read the poneglyph.

Or open up Wano by overthrowing Kaido.

And as @The Curly Haired Ninja suggested, could also be to get hands on a lot of seastone.

Endeavor and Roll Credits like this.
  12. Cannibalbarto

Cannibalbarto

Bounty Points:
    Maybe Drake mission is to know the secret about Kaido seemingly invulnerability, How to hurt him.

13. KING EXPLOSION MURDER

KING EXPLOSION MURDER Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    BOCCHI and Endeavor like this.
  14. ToBeThriller

Bounty Points:
    I like this idea too :)

Endeavor and Cannibalbarto like this.
  15. rayanOO

rayanOO

Bounty Points:
    Not a lot of things are known about the revolutionary and he may had some doubts about their strength to defeat the WG. Kaido is widely known as the strongest. It can be better to join him to gain power etc.

Yes I think that can be options :
    -CP-O gives him his fruit to infiltrate.
    -he decided to leave after learning something and stayed a little in the Marine to put his hands into some good DF to make into the Beast Pirates.
    -find it after quitting the Marine (but unlikely too much luck to find the perfect fruit outside a big organisation in a little time)

I find it too convenient that he has that dino DF and that is plan has been Kaido since the beginning.

I hope we will know his true motives in Wano soon, I like his character a lot and I want his backstory and future to be very good.

Endeavor likes this.
  16. Roll Credits

Roll Credits

Bounty Points:
    I doubt Kaido can read the poneglyphs, it's easier to hold on to them as yonko to prevent anyone from getting to Raftel and finding the One Piece. Keeping the game at a standstill in a way. The Yonko are so strong, going head to head with them would be ridiculous especially if very few people in the OP universe can interpret the poneglyphs. Right there you've already limited the chances of anyone bothering to go into Yonko territory for anything other than prestige.

If Kaido had anyone on his crew who could interpret the poneglyphs he would have barged into any of the other territories and taken them by force. It seems like he's waiting for something in the same way Big Mom is.

Considering Shanks was on Roger's crew, he already knows what everything is and isn't bothered with it. If anything he could be working with the World Nobles to protect the secret. So that leaves Big Mom, Kaido and Blackbeard as the other Yonko who show interest in becoming the Pirate King, but none of them can interpret the poneglyphs so they're playing the long game, stacking their teams and waiting for a moment to come - like Big Mom's bet on Pudding's third eye.

Overthrowing Kaido and the Shogun for the World Nobles to have unlimited access to sea stone and other resources is where I'm sitting on this theory. The World Nobles probably understand what's coming down the pipe with Blackbeard and Luffy hence Im:

[​IMG]

And since they're DF users, since Blackbeard has two of the (arguably) strongest DFs in the OP universe, more sea stone is necessary to take both of them out.

Kaido is most likely an obstacle for the World Nobles to get access to that sea stone, X-Drake is a scout for CP0 to further assess the situation and determine how much back up is necessary. Since the World Government already know Luffy's going to Wano, they want more information on the situation.

Law being a Shichibukai, he should be sitting on some information. Him wanting to lay low for this long, especially with X-Drake in the picture is definitely preparing us for a big reveal.

Endeavor likes this.
  17. Endeavor

Endeavor

Bounty Points:
    I'm more into the idea of Drake & Law are working together since Sabaody arc, both knew exactly what they wanted to do, as you said Drake without any hesitation he went to join Kaido & Law was waiting for information to do what he wants and till this day we have no clue how Law found out about CC and his location & this was the key for Law's plan so the question is who gave the informations to Law and my answer is X Drake.

Thanks for the tag :D

18. Cannibalbarto

Cannibalbarto

Bounty Points:
    Possible. Let's see how the two interact.
    Also let's not forget that the two share that past island incident with Drake's father, Corazon and Doflamingo, I find it unlikely that Oda wouldn't explore it somehow.

Endeavor likes this.
  19. Salah Eddine

Salah Eddine

Bounty Points:
    If it's true, that means, X Drake wanted to be Marine when he was young, but became Pirate with his Father (Who was a Marine before) and then turned to Marine, and finally left them too and returned to Piracy !!!! and then according to this, it is revealed he is actually Cipher Pol !!
    Wow, this guy have decisions issues

Endeavor likes this.
  20. Endeavor

Endeavor

Bounty Points:
    Yes indeed that incident will play a role somehow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice