1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Debunked Smiles & Awakened Zoan Users

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by TheHierophant, Dec 11, 2013.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHierophant

TheHierophant

Bounty Points:
    So a little theory that's been floating around my head recently has been around the awakened Zoan users from impel down, and the smile army of Kaidou.
    As we all know Oda likes to introduce vital plot points early on and expand a few arcs later (like mantra and Haki), and the demon guards remind me of the Army of Zoan users.
    Could these Awakened Zoan Users be artificial DF users? Could the demon guards be early experiments of vegapunks with the artificial devil fruit technology?
    Also I believe there is a SBS section where Oda states that if a human ate choppers fruit, they would simply become an enlightened human...
    Could minozebra be a zebra that ate the zebra fruit and became an enlightened super zebra? Could the value of the smiles lie in creating an army of these super users for kaidou? And as it seems that momonosuke had a legendary artificial fruit, could this be why DD wants him?

Sengoku, Frosch, Shadowgreed and 4 others like this.
  2. King

King

Bounty Points:
    Sengoku ate a Hito Hito fruit and became an enlightened human - Buddha (which is the model of his fruit but still). I think that SBS was all just a hint to his fruit and so I don't think awakened Zoan types are produced by feeding an animal the same type of fruit. Plus in regards to the awakened Zoans in Impel Down that would require Joker's operation to have reached even there, which I doubt because it was supposed to be underground.

Frosch and Death72 like this.
  3. TheHierophant

TheHierophant

Bounty Points:
    But vegapunk created the original Smiles didn't he? And the process of feeding weapons DF's... They could be the exceptions. And as a tenryuubito, Jokers shown how far his reach goes right? I mean he called down CP-O for his own benefit... Who knows how far he reaches? He had Vergo in the marines... Monet in a royal palace. He's shown deception is his speciality...

4. rumbl

rumbl

Bounty Points:
    Yea thats a sound theory in that its possible. I've always wanted more info on 'awakened' df cos it is so different to normal df, I like how you've said animals taking df with a bit of sengokus power because vegapunks research is based on df users and not some random ability.
    However I seem to hav thought they were men humans who took the df??
    But then its quite possible that kaidou half beast befriended animals who hav taken a 'human budda' df and changed based on their original animalistic traits.

I would think it would be weird thatthey would need a fruit for each of the animals eg koala zebra rhink and chihuahua- why arent they the same animal? If df was mass produced how many different animals will there be?? We're yet to see the same animal dfuser but theres only so many types in the world.

IMO

Death72 likes this.
  5. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Hmm now I wonder, could a artificial devil fruit be eaten by a regular devil fruit user?

Let's take Rob Lucci for example, if he ate a artificial devil fruit similar to his original devil fruit, that would make him a super leopard? Wow, I never thought of that. Hmm, we do know that one man can only eat one devil fruit (exception being Blackbeard of course) -- but what about artificial devil fruits, are they the same? Could there be a possibility that a user can eat one devil fruit and an artificial devil fruit? Never thought of it that way.

6. TheHierophant

TheHierophant

Bounty Points:
    That's really interesting! Imagine you could have a second DF Zoan Ability? The concept of multiple Devil fruits has already been introduced so who knows....

I think it's coz they need variety or because there's a limit of some kind to producing the same artificial DF... It gives the crew greater strength aswell if they have a variety of creatures, rather than just a few...

Death72 likes this.
  7. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    I think Blackbeard having two fruits is going to be unique to him itself. No one else would/can control "two" fruits. My thinking is more to the likes of "eating the same fruit twice", not two different fruits :p

8. TheHierophant

TheHierophant

Bounty Points:
    But Blackbeard is implied to have eaten more than 2 at this stage, possibly some of his crew too! Plus it's still anyone's guess if Luffy eats the Mera Mera No Mi... Imagine he had a buggy type situation where he eats it accidentally...

9. Shadowgreed

Shadowgreed

Bounty Points:
    It can be on of those failed experiments of Vegapunk. I, myself, I'm still waiting for some more knowledge about the Devil Fruits, Artificial Devil Fruits and what does it mean to be an awakened zoan user, why a Zoan and not a Paramecia or a Logia, so thinking about it I came to the conclusion that it might be because Zoan fruits are alive or how some people say "Have their own consciousness" meaning that If a weak will person eat such wild Devil Fruit they might end up losing a "Control Battle" over the body itself that turns in what we now know as "Awakened Zoan Users" that's also the main reason as to why Zoan are the only fruits that can be fed to an object.

Death72, Divvens and TheHierophant like this.
  10. TheHierophant

TheHierophant

Bounty Points:
    That's also somewhere along the lines I been thinking :) nice way to put it! I do jus think of Sengoku and his super powers upon eating a human fruit... I mean the concept of awakened seems to me to come from Buddhism and being an awakened being aka a Buddha... And hence Oda's SBS question where he stated a human eating the human fruit would simply make that human 'enlightened'.

Shadowgreed likes this.
  11. Shadowgreed

Shadowgreed

Bounty Points:
    Thanks, well, Senguko was said to be the greatest strategist the World Government/Marines had, so he actually got enlighten by his fruit but I'm one of those people that think that Oda held back a lot during the War of the Best in order to keep things to a minimum (e.g: Marco)

12. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    He goes around collecting devil fruits, what he does with them is still unknown. I kinda had a theory I posted somewhere on Oro Jackson within another thread, but it was around the lines of
    > Blackbeard being able to "suck" someone's devil fruit
    > Blackbeard can also "give" anyone a devil fruit, like let's say he can give Jesus Burgess the Gura Gura No Mi and once done he can "take" it away from him, keep it in his body and give it to someone else when required.

It's a bit far fetched, and only really strong members of the Blackbeard crew can survive this process, but his power is so mysterious at this stage. There's a big theory on Blackbeard that he ate a Cerberus fruit, granting him the ability to be "three" people and thus have "three" devil fruits. But yea, it's all confusing regarding him.

TheHierophant likes this.
  13. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    I don't think it's possible for a Devil Fruit user to be able to also consume an artificial fruit. In order for that to happen Oda would have to implicate some sort of system in order for the person to switch between the two different fruits. Remember the only reason Blackbeard is able to do it, is because of his unusual body structure. The power of the Yami Yami No Mi, and the Gura Gura No Mi is split within his body. The right half of his body controls the Yami Yami no Mi, and the left half of his body controls the Gura Gura no Mi. I think the reason why a DF user can't eat another one is because you can't have two separate abilities occupying the same space. It's kind of like the DF attaches itself to the immune system, and when another DF is consumed the original DF attacks it. The persons body is unable to sustain two different powers clashing inside of it, and thats what causes the person to die.

Anthony and Death72 like this.
  14. Frosch

Frosch

Bounty Points:
    Do you guys have any idea why the SMILE project can just produce Zoan-type DF? It's still a mystery for me though I also have my own ideas about it .. :)

Death72 and Anthony like this.
  15. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    What if its not two different fruits, but the same fruit? Example: Lucci eats artificial Neko Neko No Mi Model Leopard fruit. So he is eating his own fruit, once again.

Hmm, that is a mystery still. Maybe they only researched for Zoan type? Or maybe its easy to recreate fake Zoan type since its mostly based on animals and such? What is your thoughts about it? :D

16. Frosch

Frosch

Bounty Points:
    I don't think they're going to make an artificial DF that is similar to real one, since they have an encyclopedia of DF for reference if a fruit already exists. :)
    But yes, that won't answer your question.. heheh:D

It was exactly my thoughts, Zoan type maybe the most easiest to make. I was also thinking that they (or just the genius Vegapunk) can already make other type of artificial DF, but it's just that Zoan has the most demand. So far, we only see that Kaidou was the only client for SMILE that Joker have, right? And Kaidou definitely likes Zoan, because he wants an entire safari in his backyard. :rofl:

Death72 likes this.
  17. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Haha, "entire Safari in his backyard"! Thats epic, Yonko Kaido's side business is running a Zoo!

Is there a encyclopedia? I thought there was information only about a few fruits.

Death72 and Frosch like this.
  18. TheHierophant

TheHierophant

Bounty Points:
    Yeah there is a book with devil fruit listed, from which both Sanji and Blackbeard gained knowledge of their favorate fruits...

Death72 likes this.
  19. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    I thought it was limited to only catalog a few fruits (not all fruits in existence)? Like information only about a few fruits were in it, I guess people write information after seeing a user (and after his death).

So lets say people didn't know about Mera Mera, but after Ace used it, people came to know what the ability does (and then cataloged it), so after a user has a fruit the information about that is written down in that book? That can be possible, hmm. I'll look into this catalog or devil fruit book thing.

Death72 and Frosch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice