Discussion Six Great Generals Discussion

Discussion in 'Kingdom' started by Sammy, Apr 19, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    ??????????

Gurezo and Gambia's Grandma like this.
  2. KakumeikaPeri

KakumeikaPeri

Bounty Points:
    Tou serving as supreme commander was promoted to GG in chapter 406 for capturing Chiyoyou as well as it's defence and construction efforts thereafter.

Compare that with Ousen's inevitable capture of Gyou (Zhao's second largest and most impregnable city and is also directly under it's capital) as well as a further capture of 8 other cities

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  3. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu

Bounty Points:
    I do believe that Tou's promotion didn't only due to his recent achievement in Chiyoyou, but also his past service records in Ouki's side. Even Ryuukoku and Rokuomi said that he should get promoted long time ago.

mad monk likes this.
  4. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    Tou's force fought against 4 great general level character. 3 of them used to fight regularly against Qin6. His winning the Chiyoyou campaign is a very big achievement. That along with him serving as lieutenant of Ouki & being Qin6 level for a long time as well contributed to that promotion.

8 cities of Zhao has already been captured. Only Gyou remains.

Also what @Guan_Yu said.

Marcusx8, Guan_Yu and mad monk like this.
  5. Pika

Pika

Bounty Points:
    Ou sen will be GG after this arc without a doubt. lmao
    The man is the supreme commander and they will take all 3 cities. Gyou , Atsuyo , Rozo's city.

KakumeikaPeri likes this.
  6. KakumeikaPeri

KakumeikaPeri

Bounty Points:
    Using that mindset, Ousen isn't a 'recent' general either, he's been serving at mougu's side for god knows how long. Need I remind you that since even before the start of the current storyline, he was stated by Koshou to be on par with Qin's six and the only reason he didn't receive any acknowledgement from King sho was coz of his alleged dark ambition which Ei Sei doesn't seem to mind seeing as he gave the green light to appoint him SC. Renpa also stated that Mougou was a mediocre GG but most of his success could be as a result of his 'Vice-generals'.

Between Ryuukoku and Koshou, whose opinion would you truly value? :r

7. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu

Bounty Points:
    I think they will not take Atsuyo.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 11, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 11, 2018 ---
    I never said anything things about Ousen, Lol. What I'm talking about is your downgrading opinion about Tou's promotion.

I myself do believe that Ousen will become GG after this war.

KakumeikaPeri likes this.
  8. KakumeikaPeri

KakumeikaPeri

Bounty Points:
    Oh alright then :yaaa:
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 11, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 11, 2018 ---
    Pls where was this stated?

9. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    "...Tou. You are to forbid even a single man from following me into death. That applies to the army commanders too. Though you may have spent many years supporting me. It is not as if your abilities were below mine to begin with. I shall leave everything concerning my army to you from here on. With Ryuukoku as witness. I'm counting on you Tou." -- OuKI.

"To think there was a monster like this....Curse you,
    Ou Ki, for hiding this!!" -- Chou Sou

"Tou is a general whose thoughts are difficult to read. He possess a sharp mind, but he's also a courageous fighter. However, what truly makes Tou a troublesome opponent is his experience. With the experience he has earned by surviving multitudes of battlefields as Ou Ki's second, he has practically no openings to take advantage of. Tou is the only general in Qin who can be considered to be without flaws." -- Go Hou Mei

Guan_Yu likes this.
  10. KakumeikaPeri

KakumeikaPeri

Bounty Points:
    All these are hype fam, I mean where was it stated that his "reason" for promotion to GG was because of all these?
    Unless your saying that people get promoted in kingdom mainly based on hype now, pls get your facts.....I'll wait!!

11. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    Sorry but are you being obtuse intentionally?

Hype? These are analysis straight from his opponents & his previous leader. One from a character with 98 intelligence level. These analysis are acknowledgement of his ability as a military leader. If you think that these were purely hype then you don't understand manga at all.

Winning one campaign doesn't make a person Great General level. Their ability, past experience all factor comes into play. This is basic.

12. Marcusx8

Marcusx8

Bounty Points:
    Believe it or not I don’t think Ousen going to be GG after this campaign. I mean why will Sei promote him when he knows Ousen want to be a King. Ousen and Sei will need to have a conversation first imo.

13. KakumeikaPeri

KakumeikaPeri

Bounty Points:
    Believe me I get where your coming from, obviously even a ninny knows that you can't get a GG promotion from just a campaign (don't know where u got that from) and his past accomplishments will definitely have attributed to that promotion. Maybe it was because of your lack of understanding to my question or I might not have been clear enough, but if you go back to our conversation, I asked you for the 'reason' why he was promoted and nothing else

My point is this, the reason he was promoted was because of his successful campaign where he served as the "Supreme Commander" and this is clearly stated in chapter 406 in the last 2 pages respectively.

And unless my vocabulary has diminished isn't "hype" derived from people's "analysis" and comprehension of a given subject?!

I'm going to pretend you didn't just insinuate that "hype" isn't one of the major selling points for a character in any good manga series coz if u did, I wonder whom among us don't understand manga

14. Zephyr

Zephyr

Bounty Points:
    He was promoted after successfully completing Choyou campaign not solely because he successfully completed it. It's one of the reason not the sole reason.

NOUN
    mass nouninformal
    • 1Extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.

‘his first album hit the stores amid a storm of hype’
      1. 1.1count noun A deception carried out for the sake of publicity.
        ‘is his comeback a hype?’
    VERB
    [WITH OBJECT]informal
    • Promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its benefits.

‘an industry quick to hype its products’

‘they were hyping up a new anti-poverty idea’

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/hype

Yes, it is.

Not betting against Kaido in 1V1 is hype. Saying Kaido never lost in 1V1 is simply stating facts.

Here in-verse GoHouMei, ReiOu & Ouki aren't promoting Tou. They are just simply stating his caliber. Saying Tou has no opening to take advantage of is an analysis by his opponent. It was not done in an effort to exaggerate or promote him to others by his opponent.

Kizaru D. Drake likes this.
  15. KakumeikaPeri

KakumeikaPeri

Bounty Points:
    Aii then

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 11, 2018 ---
    Finally we agree on something

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  16. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    I have some questions.
    We were told Kyou was the last to join the Qin 6.
    1. Does this imply that the group was already formed, before Kyou's inclusion and that only had 5 members were in it?
    2. If Kyou joined after the group was formed, does it imply that there is no set upper limit for the number of people to join?
    3. Or was it already decided even before the group was formed that only 6 GG will be in the special group?
    4. If this is true, what is the minimum number required to form the group?
    • Reason am asking these questions is because, it would have been Qin 5 before Kyou joined. It would have been Qin 4 before the second last person joined the group.
    • The only thing we know with absolute certainty is that 2 GG are too few to form the special group. Moubu and Tou are the only GGs right now. Maybe 4 GG is the minimum to form the special group. (Qin has 4 neighbouring states that share a border with it: Chu, Han, Wei and Zhao. Maybe 4 is the minimum as there can be 1 GG per neighbouring state.)
    We were told Dyuke Hyou was asked to join Qin 6 but he declined the offer.
    1. If Dyuke Hyou had joined, would it have become Qin 7?
    2. Or was Dyuke Hyou offered the position after the death of one of the Qin 6?
    3. Or was he offered the position before Kyou got into it? She was the last to join and Dyuke Hyou seems to have been older than her.
    • If he was offered the position while the Qin 6 were all still alive and already in Qin6, it would mean that the group is not limited to 6 GG.
    • It would just mean that before Dyuke Hyou, only 6 GG met the requirements to be in the special group. Thus if there were more, Qin 6 would have had more members and wouldn't be called Qin 6.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  17. Moey Krimz

Moey Krimz

Bounty Points:
    I think that these are all questions the author himself prolly didnt even think of

Gurezo and BossYimz like this.
  18. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    Probably true.

Gurezo likes this.
  19. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu

Bounty Points:
    "The things that make 6GG terrifying is not the sistem but the General in it" More or less that's what Ouki said.

I think The name 6GG is given after 6 Great General received the right to freely wage war. And i think that Kyou is not the last to join 6GG but the last to receive that right and responsibilities.

Gurezo likes this.
  20. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    this is one of the questions am asking.
    If there were 4 Dyuke Hyou's in Qin and each accepted the invitation, does it mean it would be Qin 10?
    Dyuke Hyou obviously met the requirement to be in it thus got the invitation.

Gurezo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice