Current Events Shusui´s fate

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Dabit, Mar 16, 2019 at 10:47 PM.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. Dabit

Dabit

Bounty Points:
    Chapter 936 introduced this Big Character who stole Zoro´s Shusui. Some people have related him to Benkei from japanese folklore. He talked about returning the Blade to it´s rightful place (Ryuma´s grave). But he also threatened Zoro to die by the hand he stole from.
    [​IMG]

Perhaps this Benkei character is related to Ryuma. But more importantly, what does the editor note foreshadow about Shusui´s fate?

Was it the fate of the sword to be stolen and brought back? or what else? Could the sword be cursed?

rayanOO and Luffy. like this.
  2. ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

Bounty Points:
    It´s not cursed. And Oda could do different things with it, but quite honestly, it would be dishonorable of Zoro to give the sword away, simply because Ryuuma passed it on to him.

I would rather think Sandai Kitetsu either gets destroyed, or he gives it to the blacksmith, and gets Sandai Kitetsu, his probably only supreme grade sword.

Or Oda forgets totally about it and Zoro continues on without a supreme grade one.

3. Rob Gucci

Rob Gucci

Bounty Points:
    maybe not biologically related but maybe his clan hold Ryuma in high regard, so he's fighting on behalf of Ryuma

about Shusui's fate yeah I can't see it being anything other than Shusui's connection to Wano

4. Udell

Udell

Bounty Points:
    I interpreted it differently so that makes me apprepiate this post even more. I was thinking that he himself grave rob that sword and thats probably how Moriah got his hands on it in the first place. So basically because Zoro apparently stole it that would mean he stole it from the big guy hence "you will die by the hand you stole from".

Now as for the fate I think Zoro will obtain it and Zoro will be recognized as the swords master official in Wano by other samuarai.

5. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    But if we follow the historic story, Zoro would defeat Benkei and then he will swear his loyalty to him, therefore being his first comrade that Zoro claim he will gather a bunch of samurais in Wano.

Udell likes this.
  6. YoungCoby

YoungCoby

Bounty Points:
    That's Zoro speaking. Zoro threatens Benkei and says he is a thief. "You will die by my hand, you stole me my Katana Shusui", that's the meaning.

Well, that is my understanding, and others translations emphasize this (https://***********/mangas/one-piece/936?page=19 if you read french)

7. mugiwalaw

mugiwalaw

Bounty Points:
    yea its Zoro's speech line not Benkei guy

8. Zabuza

Zabuza

Bounty Points:
    Oh, look. If you zoom enough on that panel, you see Zoro using Koka on his blade while the other guy didn't use it on his bisento.
    #kokaproof
    :kappa:

Btw I thought Zoro is the one threatening the Benkei to kill him, not the other way around

9. Rider

Rider

Bounty Points:
    Inevitably linked with Zoro and we will discover that at shisui grave on chapter 944

Dabit likes this.
  10. Dabit

Dabit

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

Rider likes this.
  11. Rider

Rider

Bounty Points:
    Nice one
    There is going to be a Buddhist temple close by the graves I suppose and this will lead to the second fight against Benkei, who later will become Zoro second retainer after Yasu

12. Udell

Udell

Bounty Points:
    Oh now i get it thanks :>

YoungCoby likes this.
  13. MD Zolo

MD Zolo

Bounty Points:
    Too early to tell. But in my headcanon, a part of Ryuma's soul is embedded into Shusui and this soul will provide character reference for Zoro to Wano people. He will continue to carry it. Benkei guy will just become one of Zoro's disciples.

Similarly, I think a part of Kuina's soul is embedded in Ichimonji. And she will appear at the end of journey for Zoro.

14. Rider

Rider

Bounty Points:
    yes and so finally zoro gonna make love with kuina soul! i can imagine the view from an outsider lol

Dabit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice