Discussion Should i watch Hunter x Hunter?

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Dolphinquack, Apr 24, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Will Of D

Will Of D

Bounty Points:
    It is good.But, HXH has lot of breaks.That is the reasom I am not following it anymore.

Mat D Bizzo likes this.
  2. Twelve

Twelve

Bounty Points:
    @Che1ck just saw your question on whether he actually died
    The tengu (when he is upside down) were ready to take him to the afterlife and he was getting ready to cross into the spirit world (represented by the mirror like parrelel world), then he says he cant go yet, the spirit "guides" disappear one by one as ge transitions back to the physical world. So he was dead but chose to come back.

That's how i saw it, but as you say the symbolism is amazing so much so that its probably not that simple/ straight forward.

I looked up the type of spirits they are and they are also in "princess mononoke" which is a Miyuzaki film. In that forrest which is a metaphor for crossing over into the spirit world, lots if shinto deities are there incl lots of traditional Ryuku deities, even that folk song in that clip i showed you is a traditional Ryukan folk song.

I find any representation of Shinto gods/ spirits fascinating, in any film. Its an amazing religion which is unlike anything else in the world. Before I went to Japan I read up on Amaterasu, Susanoo, Hachiman, Ame no Uzume, Izanami, Tsukiyomi, Izanagi Tenjin, Raijin etc etc (see how many you know already from Nardo and other anime lol). At the time I looked up the ones from Champloo and none of them appear as they Ryukyuan gods/ kami mostly. The Ryukyuan (Okinawan) ppl were forcibly annexed and its pantheon of kami banned when Japanese tried to bring the Ryukyuan kingdom in line with Japanese religion. It was pretty systemic back then and sone racism still even exists today i read. Same wuth the traditional peoples indigenous to hokkaido (Ainu)

Lol, off topic much?.....none the less I found it interesting at the time, maybe you will too.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2015, Original Post Date: May 21, 2015 ---
    Your on the last complete arc

Mat D Bizzo and Che1ck like this.
  3. Koshimae

Koshimae

Bounty Points:
    YES. YOU SHOULD.

I don't understand how someone can just keep living without watching and possibly loving this anime zzz lol

Mat D Bizzo and Jx5 like this.
  4. Water D. Law

Water D. Law

Bounty Points:
    Anime or Manga wise?

I'm really looking forward to Gon v Pitou and Netero v Meruem.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Mat D Bizzo likes this.
  5. Twelve

Twelve

Bounty Points:
    Mat D Bizzo likes this.
  6. Che1ck

Che1ck

Bounty Points:
    I think they're called Pantu. According to this link: http://www.spookhouse.net/angelynx/comics/characters-episode-13-14.html

They are wandering gods that ward off evil. You'll probably find the background info interesting.

Mat D Bizzo likes this.
  7. Water D. Law

Water D. Law

Bounty Points:
    Hopefully by the end of this arc I'm still loving it, could go down into my top 10.

Mat D Bizzo likes this.
  8. BeholderOfTheWindWindNoMi

BeholderOfTheWindWindNoMi

Bounty Points:
    OH HELL YEAH WATCH IT ! If u dnt want to watch it all just watch the chimera ants arc. That's some crazy shit that happens.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 23, 2015, Original Post Date: May 23, 2015 ---
    Ant that the truth lol

Mat D Bizzo likes this.
  9. Water D. Law

Water D. Law

Bounty Points:
    Finally finished the anime and I implore any and everyone to watch this. It is so worth it.

The Chimera Ant arc is top 5, hands down, no doubt in my mind. It will hit you like a brick.

It's the only anime that I can safely say has no fodder, I invested emotion into every character. Fantastic from top to bottom, excuse the pun. 5/5.

Mat D Bizzo likes this.
  10. Koshimae

Koshimae

Bounty Points:
    I honestly hated the chimera arc because of the emotional mix lol Best arc for me is the Genei Ryodan arc followed by Greed Island. Although no doubt it has the most amazing fights.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Mat D Bizzo likes this.
  11. Water D. Law

Water D. Law

Bounty Points:
    I love anything existential, it's a question that more people need to start asking and HxH does so well to build so many bad guys in that arc but by the end, humanism has either prevailed or lost entirely.
    So many different concepts thrown into this arc, it's probably not for a very young audience.

Plus! We FINALLY get Gon in Hunter mode, no bullshit, just after his prey.

12. Raizer

Raizer

Bounty Points:
    Without a doubt you should watch it. One big reason is from the plot and the way the powers in this series are conceptualized. Very original in its time and very intriguing

Mat D Bizzo likes this.
  13. Ging D Freecss

Ging D Freecss

Bounty Points:
    You won't regret so JUST DO IT

Mat D Bizzo and Nico Robin like this.
  14. Giovanna

Giovanna

Bounty Points:
    Yes, yes you should. The 2011 anime version is amazing, even better than the manga I'd say. It has pretty much everything: great story, awesome villains, decent protagonists and amazing fights. The manga is currently on hiatus though, apparently Togashi has either lost interest or he's just lazy.

Nico Robin and Chris Mic like this.
  15. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    Or both.

Or playing Dragon Quest.

The anime really is better than the manga, I went back to check at the art of the manga, and it is NOWHERE NEAR Madhouse's level of animation 2011 version.

16. hussien2011

hussien2011

Bounty Points:
    1. if u like fights it's a must see, if u don't then don't watch it. it's pretty much have nothing else :smuggrin:
    2. never ever read the manga or watch the old version the 2011 version has the best animation ever

Shion and Nico Robin like this.
  17. strawhatpele

strawhatpele

Bounty Points:
    Yes!!! Its like on the same level as one piece. If hunter x hunter was 700 episodes and been in my life longer then it would probably be number 1 and one piece number 2

18. Plex

Plex

Bounty Points:
    Give it a try and see what you think, personally I recommend it! :)

19. Water D. Law

Water D. Law

Bounty Points:
    Do you really believe that? In my opinion, he could stop everything after the Dark Continent Arc. It felt completed after the Chairman Election Arc.

Giovanna likes this.
  20. strawhatpele

strawhatpele

Bounty Points:
    Yeahh you may be right
    I think a timeskip is in order and he needs think of summet new to get us excited. cause wow how can he make a better enemy than the ermm yano insect guys

Giovanna likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice