Discussion Should I continue being an anime-only or be a manga reader?

Discussion in 'Attack On Titan' started by Dragomir, May 14, 2017.

Tags:

Share This Page

?

Should I become a manga reader or continue as an anime only?

Poll closed May 19, 2017.
  1. Manga reader

100.0%
  2. Anime only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dragomir

Dragomir

Bounty Points:
    So I legit, just started AOT today and just finished episode 31. Which was hella lit. But I've been wondering, after I finish watching episode 32, should I just continue as an anime-only, or be a manga reader.

Whichever answer gets the most votes will decide my fate.

2. Kagura

Kagura

Bounty Points:
    Stick to manga please! some series don't get animated nicely and some do like AoT but they takes ages to release the next seasons. I faced the same problem when I finished AoT season 1, I was hungry for more and there was no news of a season 2 so I started reading. Now I can say that I'm uptodate and as well as enjoying the season 2!

Cyrenz98 and Dragomir like this.
  3. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    A proud anime only here.

I waited very looooong for season 2 after 1. And i'm glad i waited. I enjoy the second season as hell and am glad that i don't know what is about to happen.

I'm not sure whether i will start the manga after season 2 tho. But all i can say is that being anime only is great if you have the patience to wait.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Cyrenz98, merry_go_round and Dragomir like this.
  4. Loony

Loony

Bounty Points:
    For people who initially started out with the anime, like myself, I started to read the manga to find out what happensnext after an anime went on hiatus. It was shortly after, I started reading the manga more because I was impatient. That being said, when I start to read the manga, I notice a lot of changes that make the manga better than what the anime produces. My best example would be the 1st season of blue exorcist, the first half was great and did its best to contemplate its manga, however the second half just ruined the anime for me as the manga was nothing but a filler arc which ruined the story for me. Mangas are perfect for reading the true story of the fiction. I recommend reading the manga just to get the best understanding of the story than what the anime produces since they tend to ruin a lot of those stories, Tokyo Ghoul is one of those. So, its fine if you wish to continue watching the anime and not reading the manga, but I feel like you would get a better understanding of the story from reading the manga.

Cyrenz98, Stray_mind and Dragomir like this.
  5. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    The anime is what got me into the series but I have to say that the manga is where it is at. As I watch season 2 I am in awe of some things and dismayed by others. I am sure this is due to me experiencing these things in the manga first. Without giving away spoilers (in case you stay anime only) I will try to convey some of my issues.
    -After episode 1 of season 2 I felt like maybe they are saving the budget for later on in the series.
    -While the animation is great (anime) and the art sometime not so much (manga) I feel the manga does a better job at conveying the emotion in certain scenes. The fight on top of the wall in episode 31 is a good example. While still pretty epic in the anime it was draw out in a way the after experiencing it in the manga felt like it took way too long with so many shots focused on shocked expression (TOEI animation suffers from this).
    -Mike's death scene felt awkward in the anime while in the manga I remember it being extremely epic, deep, and sad.
    -The CGI Colossal Titan didn't do it for me after reading the manga.

There are a few other things and I am in no way bashing the anime as I watch it weekly as well. I just feel like since I have read the mange I have a more critical view of the anime since I expect things to be portrayed a certain way. I would say read the manga because shit is deep and we would love for you to join the discussion in the manga threads once you have caught up. I would also recommend checking mangastorians on youtube as they covered everything up to chapter 92. They release videos in a volume by volume basis check em out after you are caught up ofc.

Cyrenz98, Stray_mind and Dragomir like this.
  6. Dragomir

Dragomir

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for your input. It really helps. And I am Impatient also.

I agree with a lot on what your saying. Thanks for the input.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2017, Original Post Date: May 15, 2017 ---
    The main reason that I don't want to be a manga reader, is that I don't have much time for it. I'm a teenager and disciplined at my house and my parents only allow my tablet on weekends, and having to catch up on what I missed (because not all mangas release on the same day), watch the anime, catch up to the manga I'm behind on, and watch that anime too, argh, it's a pain in the ass and I also got other shit to do! It was alot easier catching up to one piece, because I had a whole summer to do so.

Cyrenz98 and Loony like this.
  7. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    I'd suggest reading the manga. But You might be put off by the art, though it has somewhat improved in time. I actually am one of probably not many people who Like Isayama's art style and think it suits the theme of the manga well.

Some things are different in the manga and sometimes the anime changes, excludes or doesn't capture it in a right way.

You can easilly schedule your reading time, because new chapters come out only once a month, so you'll be able to catch up.

But in the end i think that it should be entirelly up to you if you wanna spoil yourself or not.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Cyrenz98 and LogicoftheVI like this.
  8. Veljko

Veljko

Bounty Points:
    Manga is better..you would need to wait for next season+there are fillers(anime)
    Manga isnt 100% like anime there are cut off scenes,extented scenes,changed scene
    In manga WB lost half of his head in anime he lost half beard....and many others thing are changed soo...better to read manga..

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  9. DuttyAsmodeus

DuttyAsmodeus

Bounty Points:
    I read the manga and watch the anime. Specifically for Attack on Titan I think you stick to anime only if you have the patience.
    Attack on Titan has a very good if not the best anime adaptation. They convey the desperation really good. Example of this is the final scene of episode 1 of season 2. The music choice is also real good see Reinier and Eren little warrior/soldier/murderer discussion.

As for other series the manga is usually the way to go. AoT anime is a rare gem of adaptations

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  10. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    It's great, but not perfect. They don't convey the character development as it is written in the manga and tease ships a lot.

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  11. DuttyAsmodeus

DuttyAsmodeus

Bounty Points:
    Not saying its perfect but still a very good adaptation of the manga. There are very few anime that top their manga counterparts. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the only anime that might be a contender against its manga counterpart

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  12. Madame Peregrine

Madame Peregrine

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    I really enjoyed reading the Manga and seeing it come to life in the anime is such a satisfying feeling! The music and animation never disappoints! Well in my personal opinion, don't know about everyone else.​

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  13. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    Well, idk. I prefer snk manga, over anime. Sure, the music and art is great, but to me a special *something* that the manga gives me, is lacking in the anime. Maybe it's just me though. I also prefer manga art style when it comes to character design. This season they are a bit better with drawing them, but it's still a bit unrealistic ( talking about characters bodies being skinny and their faces-model like, lol).

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  14. LogicoftheVI

LogicoftheVI

Bounty Points:
    After finishing Season 2 I will say with conviction to read the mange because shit is way more epic in there.
    I am so disappointed in season 2.

Cyrenz98 likes this.
  15. Cyrenz98

Cyrenz98

Bounty Points:
    i would like to switch to manga since im little bit unsatisfied about the ending and would like to see more,, still will continue watching s3 :D

16. Inklein

Inklein

Bounty Points:
    Definitely read it, trust me it's not worth waiting. I couldn't handle waiting for Season 2 after I watched S1 so I just continued reading the manga and I have no regrets.
    Although Isayama's art leaves a lot to be desired for, especially in the next arc, the plot is good and it's rewarding knowing what's going to happen now before it gets animated so you can see how they adapt it into the next season :)

PurplePandaSage22 likes this.
  17. PurplePandaSage22

PurplePandaSage22

Bounty Points:
    Since the current season is over
    read the mango you wont regret it :)
    .Plus it's the internet and peeps that love spoiling others are lurking around everywhere
    :eek::eek::booo::booo:
    .The arcs of the one the anime has covered are very good so please do read the mango to avoid it having to be ruined by spoiler spammers
    and on an unrelated note
    kawaii koala avatar
    :>:>

18. Trafa D. In

Trafa D. In

Bounty Points:
    I had pretty much the same dilemma, and after reading your suggestions I think I'm gonna start reading the manga.. could someone help me with wich chapter I should start? I just finished season 2 (if there are really only 12 episodes :shifty:)

Thx in advance for every answer!! :D

Kagura likes this.
  19. IPowner

IPowner

Bounty Points:
    The Manger is just clean! Guess its epic to read the Manga and see how they translated it into Animation..

20. Kagura

Kagura

Bounty Points:
    The season 2 of AoT left off at chapter 51 so you can start from chapter 52.

Trafa D. In likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice