Manga Chapter Shokugeki no Soma - Chapter 313: She Who Is Having Doubts About the "God Tongue"

Discussion in 'Shokugeki No Soma' started by Arara, May 31, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Chapter:

1. Stripping Off

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Great

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Average

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It Wasn't Much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Arara

Arara Bhinneka Tunggal Ika Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

Shokugeki no Soma - Chapter 313
    Title:
    She Who Is Having Doubts About the "God Tongue"

Read The Chapter Online
    MangaStream (ONLINE)

Emperor Cross and Noyman2000 like this.
  2. Hades

Hades

Bounty Points:
    no idea on what to comment about this chapter...felt mixed taste in my mouth..

Emperor Cross and Arara like this.
  3. Soma

Soma

Bounty Points:
    Final fight looks good!!!

4. Noyman2000

Noyman2000

Bounty Points:
    Decent chapter. It looks to me that Soma is about to cook something for Erina in order for her to get inspiration and maybe let her be the one to cook something never done before for her mother with that tongue of hers. That's my prediction, at least.

And then the SoRina shippers can rejoice! If it doesn't get Prison School'ed, lol. I hope this series has a satisfying ending with it having 2 more chapters left.

5. Sanji W. Smoke

Sanji W. Smoke

Bounty Points:
    Three chapters until the end?

The END END or End of the arc?

Anyway i think it makes Erina a little better, if fans understand what she was going through, so i think that was a nice step by the author. This might even be one of the reasons, how she overcome herself and might even beat Sauma.

Also Jewel Generation, so there's indeed more evn after 3 chapters, right? Or we might get a answer in just 2 chapterz .

6. Noyman2000

Noyman2000

Bounty Points:
    It looks to be END END. Unless the announcement is SnS: Shippuden or whatever.

7. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    After seeing what happened in this chapter, I can't say I'm that happy to know that things will be finished in only a couple of chapters and I guess that means things are going to be rushed. So with the way things are now, I imagine that it's probably gonna be Sōma coming out on top, although as for Erina, I could also see a scenario for her where she goes all out to try and win over her mother in the end.

Not to mention, with the category being something never before seen, I can't say I'd be that surprised if Sōma decides to come up with one of his weird creations for this battle. Plus, the bit about the "Jewel Generation Plan" at the end did sound kind of interesting too.

But getting back to the point of the series being near the end, I'm still disappointed to see it actually happen and I can only hope that it goes out with a bang and doesn't end up in some huge mess. So overall I'd say this was an okay chapter.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  8. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    I think it the end of the arc because I dont want SnS to get an quick ending... So crossing fingers.

Like I said, Soma has to provoke Erina to get her going because she is caught between a rock and a hard place.

One, with her god tongue.. Erina cant please Mana because her mother is her supieor and already travel the storm and drift off just like the many Nakiris that traveled before.

Erina is up against Soma who has an unrivalled passasion for cooking and coming up with bizare out the world gourmet food.

Anyway cant wait to know what grandpa Nakiri plan is.:p

Arara likes this.
  9. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Bounty Points:
    Sonya should've just make some peanut butter squid + extra 10x aphrodisiac and be done with this bullshit God tongue

Arara likes this.
  10. Ratchet

Ratchet

Bounty Points:
    I caught up to date on this recently. Quick thoughts:

-I'm very displeased with how the side cast has been treated. Best Girl Megumi has been given some awful treatment for years, as has Takumi, but objectively even their bad treatment pales in comparison to... pretty much every other member of the side cast (i.e. not named Soma or Erina). Pretty much all of these characters deserved better, and I'd be down for a spinoff focusing on them (or multiple spinoffs, even), provided that the author and artist are replaced.
    -Wait, artist replaced? See, in my opinion Soma is the best you can hope for art wise from a weekly series. Or at least, it was. The art has noticably declined as of late. It's not just some general panelling issues, or characters looking off-model. That in itself might be a one chapter thing, but those kinds of errors are hard to excuse, and certainly I feel it's lost the ability to claim it is top tier in art. It's still "good", I guess, art wise, but if it's going to be mailed in this hard then the artist should probably get replaced if any new Soma stuff comes out.
    -Author being changed I feel is pretty clear, because the writing has been abysmal this whole arc. Even ignoring how characters have been treated.

[​IMG]

All in all, it's a disappointing conclusion to a series I was, at one point, genuinely invested in emotionally. Even now, I still care about most of the cast. I don't see any way to end it on a high note given all this, either. I guess if you like shipping, maybe you can get something, but personally I've never cared for it.

As for this chapter, it was okay. I didn't like Mana trying to tell Soma his dish wasn't all that immediately after the mass stripping it prompted, that felt a bit silly, but eh, Nakiri's will be Nakiri's I guess. The rest felt very pandery to shippers, but I suppose it has to appeal to someone at this point, so I'm neither happy nor sad over that particular content. I'm intrigued how it's going to wrap up, maybe in 2 chapters? 3? It's not entirely clear. It does feel like it's the end though, I doubt we'll get a sequel of any real value at least maybe not straight away.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Hi Shin Unit and Arara like this.
  11. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    @Ratchet
    Gotta agree, I do not like how the other PSD members were sidelined. Especially when we haven't see Satoshi fuh such a long time.

Arara likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice