1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

SCALING THE RED LINE: The Strawhats

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by beck, Jun 27, 2014.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EddWarD.NewGate

EddWarD.NewGate

Bounty Points:
    And now a new female character seems to be introduced in Chp. 795.

2. Juuke

Juuke

Bounty Points:
    I still love your theory but due to the latest chapters it seems likely Bellamy and probably the hidden girl might join. Still hoping your theory is correct though.

Shirayukihime likes this.
  3. Shirayukihime

Shirayukihime

Bounty Points:
    coby is my least favorite character in one piece... i don't like coby as luffy's rival.. i prefer smoker than him.. smoker is similar to garp.. garp cornered the pirate king many times in the past and their situation is similar to smoker and luffy's .. i disagree of smoker becoming a SH.. he will stay as a marine but he will be an important character in changing the corrupt government system, and aiding luffy to fight against the WG, connect the bridge between humans and fishmen...

`Midora likes this.
  4. Remedy

Remedy

Bounty Points:
    i really hope jinbe will join soon and Oda will not kill him. thank you for your amazing theory.

beck likes this.
  5. Juuke

Juuke

Bounty Points:
    What if Kyros is the next straw hat ,because when you were discussing parallelism and Zoro and Chopper were labeled as monsters. So is Kyros people labeled him as a monster for killing like two soldiers. So it fits.

beck likes this.
  6. beck

beck

Bounty Points:
    if kyros joins then it means jinbe doesnt because yes, kyros also fits the "monster" criteria of the 1st recruit.

7. Remedy

Remedy

Bounty Points:
    he is trouble maker also. :)

beck likes this.
  8. Gabriel T

Gabriel T

Bounty Points:
    I'll be blunt, but after Wiper didn't become a Mugiwara I stopped to care LOL
    I needed quite a bit of time to accept Franky, but now he's one of my favourite characters and I can't still gobble Brook in any way.
    I think that if Brook didn't had a sword, even if he uses it like a fencer, I would have enjoyed it more, he could have had a whip, a spear and be different from Zoro.
    Still using only music would have been even better.
    I don't care about fights in OP, but Brook's ones are exceptionally boring.
    So I really don't like people that uses the same-ish weapon in the crew.
    I would even find hard to accept Jinbe as we already have a guy that fights with his body.
    That's why I root for Monet.

`Midora likes this.
  9. beck

beck

Bounty Points:
    goddamit ;(:cry::disappointed::sob::cryingcat::bear::beaver::chicken::panda::penguin:

Gabriel T likes this.
  10. Gabriel T

Gabriel T

Bounty Points:
    @ramenboy
    sorry if I hassle you with this, but it's because I really like your theory...
    Why do you pick Tashigi instead of Monet, to the point where you'll eventually have Monet killed instead of having her in the crew?
    Tashigi would be the third "swordman", her dream to collect swords has no impact on the grand scheme of things, and she would make Smoker's joining less meaningful.

`Midora likes this.
  11. beck

beck

Bounty Points:
    because tashigi's dream is connected to swords, which is connected to zoro who is a strawhat and swords being a big mystery in one piece.

and for one, tashigi are on good terms with the strawhats and never did anything wrong like drugging kids.

i now can see how monet is not dead, though i still think she is dead.

another thing is that because monet is basically a green haired nami and strawhats tend to be "unique" looking, in terms of personality and design...and while monet is a harpy, i remember oda mentioning that no strawhat or future strawhat would have the ability to fly because sanji already had the "sky walk".

while you cant find any other female swordsman in the series other than tashigi, plus her personality is actually really different from nami and robin and she got connection with nami, sanji and zoro at the very least, while monet supported doflamingo and drugged kids which is a big red flag for luffy.

you can compare it to robin, but one piece is a kid friendly show, i dont see how someone like monet who had a history of drugging kids would get past oda's judgement, if monet is joining, oda would avoid any involvement of monet to hurting kids. thats my main reason.

12. Gabriel T

Gabriel T

Bounty Points:
    But basically everything is up to whatever Monet knew or not about what was in the Candy.

I don't think Monet is dead because Oda didn't gave either her and Sugar a single bit of backstory.
    Sugar had possibly the most important role in the Donquixotte Family, still she's the odd one together with her sister not having even a page of flashback, which means that those 2 characters have still something more to do in the story.

Every women in OP is a rethread of Nami ;)

The moment in which Tashigi relies on a devil's fruit instead of only her swords, she's a dead and purposeless character.

Also I don't see all those Marines defections happening.
    Drake, Kuzan, Tashigi, Smoker...too many, Tashigi joining would kill the meaning of Smoker joining as a Marine is already in the Strawhats.
    Also Tashigi has the character of a follower, not of a leader.
    Tashigi could be the one trying to fight the Marines from the inside as she has more ethics than Smoker.

sahan1993 likes this.
  13. cFoo

cFoo

Bounty Points:
    as always big fan of your work @ ramenboy
    East Blue
    Roronoa Zoro ----------- 1st Male Recruit
    Nami--------------------- 2nd Female Recruit
    (Gaimon)---------------- Failed Legitimate Recruit
    Ussop--------------------- 3rd Male Recruit
    Sanji---------------------- 4th Male Recruit
    Crocus-------------------- Former Roger Pirate Crewmember
    Grand Line
    Tony Tony Chopper ----- 1st Male Recruit
    Nico Robin--------------- 2nd Female Recruit
    (Vivi and Carue)--------- Failed Legitimate Recruit
    Franky------------------- 3rd Male Recruit
    Brook-------------------- 4th Male Recruit
    Rayleigh----------------- Former Roger Pirate Crewmember

Grand Line
    Jinbe ------------------- 1st Male Recruit
    Tashigi------------------ 2nd Female Recruit
    (Kinemon and Momo)- Failed Legitimate Recruit
    Elbaf Warrior----------- 3rd Male Recruit
    Smoker---- ------------- 4th Male Recruit
    Scopper Gaban--------- Former Roger Pirate Crewmember

this is gold!

Beli Rich likes this.
  14. beck

beck

Bounty Points:
    but monet still drugged kids, im just saying monet might not be dead, i still cant see her getting redeemed enough to join the strawhats.

not at all, most of the females in one piece are either shoto-clones of nami or robin, the only ones that really got different face than them are koala, tashigi, the 3 eyed girl in big mam's crew and other ugly and fat female characters oda comes up with.

i can see your point here, but there's a lot of foreshadowing about tashigi and smoker leaving the marines, i dont need to re-post them all again.

if someone could fight the marines from inside its fujitora, and he still cant do anything much against akainu. if one can change marines from the inside, sengoku, tsuru and garp wouldve done it a long time ago. that's why even aokiji, an admiral needs to leave the marines because he said he can move as much as he pleases without marine restrictions.

Gabriel T likes this.
  15. Gabriel T

Gabriel T

Bounty Points:
    Dunno, I think Tashigi is just too kind and has deep respect for Smoker.
    She's a character that can't evolve too much until Smoker is around.
    I'll read the part of your theory about Tashigi once again but I don't think I'll buy it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 11, 2015 ---
    First of all, Nami foreshadowing Monet
    [​IMG]

I doubt Tashigi will reach Wano, eventually at the last second and won't be a leading character in the arc, as she's bringing the children to Vegapunk and not to their homes.
    If Tashigi stays in her character I doubt she will leave the kids in another laboratory and then leave.
    Mostly that prediction of yours about getting on Sunny isn't up to date anymore.

As for Monet, I can't still put all the relations with the strawhat yet, as she's now like Robin at Whiskey Peak (remember she supposedly killed Igaram), we haven't enough info yet, except that Doflamingo saved her and Sugar from a miserable envyronment as stated by Oda in SBS 77. (like Robin saved by Croco-boy)
    So, she has still a lot to go.
    Also I doubt Smoker will join the Revolutionary Army, then the Mugiwaras...I think he'll join Luffy straight on.

Ariff likes this.
  16. beck

beck

Bounty Points:
    the nami foreshadowing monet thing is actually my nami foreshadowing tashigi photo.
    in one piece world, most pens used had wings, so its not unnatural for nami to use quill pens, its unnatural for nami to wear glasses.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 11, 2015 ---
    unless monet would not look like nami, then im down for it.

nicolaw_h and Ariff like this.
  17. Faye Wong

Faye Wong

Bounty Points:
    Your theories do seem interesting, I like the parallels and relationships. But I don't like the Sabo theory because once you kill off him and bring him back to kill him off again, I don't think so. You just can't do that and hand it over to Coby who you think should get the fruit. Garp has no devil fruit powers so why should Coby have it? That isn't how things work in writing to do that with a character, just unprofessional. If Sabo was suppose to be dead, then he should of been dead since the day he left his hometown.

I suspect there will be another great war bigger than the one at Marineford where Sabo is the one who might be killed and Luffy comes to save him from near death vowing he will not lose another brother since he already lost Ace. It could be the big war Kaido is foreshadowing.

Another issue with your theory is that you included Marines who swore their oath to the marines. The only one to have willingly left was Kuzan Aokiji. You just don't simply leave one faction and join the opposing faction. I feel personal favoritism in your writing to persuade us to believing it will come true. But a Marine isn't going to simply leave the Good to be with the Bad. It was set in stone a long time ago with Smoker to do the righteous thing and pirates does not fit that description well.

So Jinbei is set in stone to be the next pirate and probably the Elbaf warrior becoming the next member, but not Tashigi and Smoker + Sabo dying and Coby getting the fire fire fruit. Sorry man.

Anyways, looking forward to Scopper Gaban in the next few years. If we get lucky, we might see him within 2 years depending on Oda's writing pace.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  18. krystalM

krystalM

Bounty Points:
    hahahahaha great theories bro...
    but a little bit of correction..
    in smoker part, you said

"Aokiji said this after he froze Luffy up, who is the "LITTLE BRO" he apologized to? I'm assuming it's either Smoker because he failed to relay the message or to Dragon which is Luffy's dad for freezing Luffy up."

I thought Kuzan just talk to a penguin (most likely) or another sea creatures,,
    and we all know that in anime series where kuzan ride his bicycle, there was always displayed to be funny...:smuggrin:

19. S1R_L

S1R_L

Bounty Points:
    I feel that Smoker is luffy's garp.
    They've already listed why.
    Coby becoming an Admiral, is not surpassing Garp. Garp rejected the Admiral position, because he wanted the freedom of a Vice Admiral. Coby's idea is nothing like that. He wants to rise to the top of the marines.

I think Harudjin, will be the Elbaf recruit, and Monet the snow woman.

Why:
    • Unique Power
    • Worked for the Arc villan Like Nami and Robin.
    • Helped the Straw Hats: the paper she threw to chopper. Also she knew about him, but let him go.
    • Interaction with Luffy. When she battled him.
    • Position on the crew: Astronomer
    • Doflamingo, rescued her and her sisters from a terrible situation. He might be black-mailing Monet, or she is misguidedly serving him.
    • She will be liberated from Doflamingo, like Nami and Robin were.
    TBH, I feel your female criteria more fits in with Monet than tashigi. I was thinkong Viola, but we know she ain't joining.

A 3rd swordsman, would be redundant. She'd be useless, IMO she's even weaker than Brook. Zoro's the main swordsman. I feel, Smoker will be Luffy's garp. he may become an ally, but I doubt he will join the SH.

P.S Oda says he hates killing of characters. Aside from flashbacks, all deaths have been for plot progression. Ace and WB.

I think Sabo is Ace 2.0 sort of away to appease ace fans.
    Luffy inherited roger's will.
    Sabo inherited Ace's will.

Sabo getting the MMNM makes sense. Coby getting it I dunno.
    I feel Coby may be like a Sengoku. Not a Garp. I also strongly feel, that it'll be Jinbei, then Monet.
    Maybe Bellamy or Cavendish, I think the Elbaf giant will be the last.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 22, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 22, 2015 ---
    Edit: Both nami, and Robin were initially distrusted and dislike by Zoro.

Monet fits that category well.

20. Nidai_Kitetsu

Nidai_Kitetsu

Bounty Points:
    Who will be the Shanks and Buggy of the Strawhat crew? They have to pass to torch to the next generation, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice