1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory Sanji's Hidden "Cosmic" Power

An old SBS may hold a clue to Sanji's true power.

Share This Page

1. Saikō no Kenshi

Saikō no Kenshi

Bounty Points:
    Very good theory @Theo Ries i would add something what might support your theory, sorry if you already noted.

Sanjis Bounty is 177 Millionen, the rotation axis of the Venus is also 177 degree.

So Venus is the international symbol of ♀ women, that would explain his love to woman additional

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Gobee129, Gumshoe, Flower and 3 others like this.
  2. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    Amazing theory mate. Very well explained Ideas. I always thought I was the only one noticing the difference in the spiral brows among Sanji and his siblings. Maybe the cosmic powers will be something like that Naruto power that he was taught by the frogs.

Theo Ries likes this.
  3. Theo Ries

Theo Ries

Bounty Points:
    LOL! That's excellent! I totally overlooked that. Haha, I love that it was even on the final image I posted. Thanks for pointing that out to me; it DEFINITELY adds support to the theory.

4. Mochi Mochi Katakuri Desu

Mochi Mochi Katakuri Desu

Bounty Points:
    This theory of Sanji related to Venus seems flawless to me. He's the hottest(i'm talking of power) of the Vinsmokes but is the farest from the Sun(his father, maybe?). Assuming that all of theis theory is true, i think it would be required someone with high knowledge on astrology to help waking up his cosmic powers, and guess who could be??Monet. I made an thread theorizing that she is alive at Whole Cake and Sanji is there as well.Let's just wait and see what Oda decides for them

Theo Ries likes this.
  5. Theo Ries

Theo Ries

Bounty Points:
    Thanks for the encouragement! Often when I start to feel that I have overstepped the bounds of likelihood, people send more evidence to support this theory. I like the contrast in your statement that puts the hottest and furthest in juxtaposition.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 14, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 14, 2016 ---
    The topic of Monet is definitely a hot button right now. Here's an idea that may benefit that suggestion. The Strawhat ladies all hold support roles and additionally support Nami in her job as navigator. An archaeologist (Robin) will provide clues and knowledge to direct their destinations, an astronomer or lookout would further guide their process (Monet? Pudding? Another?). Anything's game right now!

I hope it goes well with your theory; just be sure to check for similar pre-existing theories before you post. I failed to do that with this one and later found that the phenomenal @Rob Gucci had already theorized similar material to the first part of mine. He handled it well, knowing it was a fluke, but I think I lost the respect of another well known theorist who had previously supported me as a result. Just some advice (take it or leave it) since there's a number of Monet theories out there now.

Ivan Zonder likes this.
  6. Capt_NakedPanda

Capt_NakedPanda

Bounty Points:
    Nice work there!!!!
    But one thing is kind of missing. How do you think these cosmic powers will be materialized. Will it empower his "hell" side or will it be something different?

Theo Ries likes this.
  7. Theo Ries

Theo Ries

Bounty Points:
    Thanks!! I'm glad you asked. I did a follow-up speculation about that since I knew it needed to be addressed. Unfortunately, people haven't seemed to see much of my other work. Anyhow, I'm grateful that this one has been appreciated. I've linked the second part below. I hope you enjoy it!

"Welcome to Hell's Kitchen..."

King Tempest likes this.
  8. Capt_NakedPanda

Capt_NakedPanda

Bounty Points:
    I have read your theory and again good job with the evidence with connecting him with the universe but the idea of him having something to do with "black hole" or real cosmic powers dont suit the OP universe in my oppinion of course.
    I have done some time ago a discussion/theory about the comparison between Zoro and Sanji and how will Sandji develop his skill trough the arc. What I find common between our theories is that both of us talking to his hell side and his "other" side.
    However you call his "other" side - cosmic and I call it heavenly, which has similar meaning.
    You are welcome to read it and comment what you think. The link is in my signature :p

Theo Ries likes this.
  9. Flower

Flower

Bounty Points:
    Sanji has Uranus' powers I'm calling it. And he will activate them for Reiju! His mother's Name is Sora, Japanese for sky, his father is called "Garuda", a legendary bird king, he has the "Sky Walk" and Uranus was the Roman God of the SKY^^Also "Garuda" is the Hindu Name for the stellar constellation "Aquila". And guess what Aquila has? Altair. A star that is connected to "Vega". So Sanji's father and VEGApunk have a sky/cosmic theme as well.Sanji's bounty is always something with 77.The celebration of the "Altair and Vega" Festival is traditionally on the 7th day of the 7th month.
    So there is a connection between Sanji, his family, the sky and space.
    I do in fact believe Uranus is a substance which causes genes to mutate and creates energy. Just like real life Uranium, so it could be the origin of devil fruits as well since they are mutated fruits. It would fit the ancient weapon theme as well.
    Pluton is a ship.
    Poseidon can summon creatures which carry that ship.
    And Uranus is a substance which can fuel the machines/weapons on the ship^^

Theo Ries likes this.
  10. Capt_NakedPanda

Capt_NakedPanda

Bounty Points:
    In relation to your comment about substance or state of matter that can power up stuff - it can be actually Plasma and I have made a theory where I combine 2 theories from 2 other guys talking about it and getting my mix of it so I strongly agree with you way of thinking.
    Here is a link if you are interested :p
    https://orojackson.com/one-piece-th...-the-master-of-4th-state-of-mater-plasma.684/

Flower and Theo Ries like this.
  11. Theo Ries

Theo Ries

Bounty Points:
    I also noticed the name (many people are calling her Sola, but it is the same as Sora in Japanese, meaning sky as you said)! I didn't want to push the fact, so I'm VERY glad you mentioned it.

Flower likes this.
  12. Flower

Flower

Bounty Points:
    Yes. But the whole "Altair and Vega" story gives me a headache. I mean, Oda is heavily referrencing this story, then obviously there has to be Deneb as well. But Deneb is a star in the stellar constellation of the "swan" and the only swan guy we have in One Piece is Bon Clay. But Bon Clay has fought Sanji and is an Okama, so could that mean Ivankov used to be part of the researcher team as well? I mean, the possibility is there, he has a lot of medical knowledge and would be crazy enough to be a scientist I guess. And Sanji was sent to him by Kuma who works under Vegapunk. So Vegapunk could know Ivankov...

Theo Ries likes this.
  13. Theo Ries

Theo Ries

Bounty Points:
    @PaperFlower , I'm with @NakedPanda ; I very much agree with your way of thinking! It's a huge benefit having a community like Oro Jackson where special insight can be combined to capture a deeper understanding of the possibilities. Oda is clearly a genius of weaving all his interests and research together into his epic. If not, we wouldn't be able to dig so deep to find buried treasure like this. Well done!

Flower likes this.
  14. Flower

Flower

Bounty Points:
    Thank you. The idea first came to mind when I heard Sanji's dad is called "Garuda". That means he is Altair and Vegapunk is obviously Vega. So there has to be a Deneb as well since Oda includes so many referrences of this Story. And I do think that this Deneb person is indeed Ivankov. He is a character shrouded in mystery and is also called a "Miracle Person" which might imply that he can perform miracles like curing deadly illnesses nobody else has a medicine for. It could also mean he has access to advanced science. And why did he even join the revolutionary army in the first place? We know that the Researcher Team was lawless and Vegapunk was arrested while Judge went to the Germa kingdom, so Ivankov could have gone to Dragon in order to hide. And Ivankov being Deneb would almost confirm Sanji's space theme.
    I mean:
    Vega(punk), Altair(Judge) and Deneb(Ivankov) discovered the lineage factor.
    Altair and Sora(the sky, if her Name is indeed Sola, then she would be the sun) are Sanji's parents.
    Ivankov(who would be Deneb) trained Sanji.

So Ivankov being Deneb would make Sanji a product of the "Summer Triangle", a very famous and bright astronomical asterism^^

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Black lord sanji and Theo Ries like this.
  15. Theo Ries

Theo Ries

Bounty Points:
    Every time you reply, you've worked out more evidence! All of this is phenomenal - truly almost able to stand on its own legs at this point. It's a worthy theory in its own rite with some pictures added for flair. Justifying Ivonkov's involvement in the science team.... "Sola" being just as applicable as "Sora".... Nice job!

Flower likes this.
  16. Flower

Flower

Bounty Points:
    Well, thanks^^
    And you know what? With the given evidence there might be the possibility of Sanji's mother being Vegapunk.
    This could sound very far-fetched, but hear me out for a sec. Because I have noticed a few similarities of those two.

I do in fact think that the Vegapunk who exists now is just a Cyborg/Robot made by someone and this someone could have been Sanji's mother.
    Yes, I know that Comic in the WE Times is just propaganda, but the hero is named "Sora" and is accompanied by a Robot.
    This could refer to the fact that the real Sora was also accompanied by one. And this robot could be the guy who people call Vegapunk.
    But how and why would she have this Robot?
    Well, we know Vegapunk was born on Karakuri Island in the Future Land Baldimore and that "he" spent his youth modifying animals, building robots and conducting other experiments. So who can say that the Vegapunk the people saw was not actually a robot built by a little girl named Sora? And that is where the story of Altair and Vega Comes into Play(not the whole story, but partly).
    Judge(Altair) could have been a young and outcast prince of the Germa Kingdom who was on the run because the Marines were attacking his kingdom to conquer the North Blue(Germa 66 Vs Marine, them being a former enemy of the WG is very likely since they are portrayed as "evil", just like the archaelogists of Ohara were called "demons").
    And what better place for a prince of a kingdom of science than the "Future Land Baldimore" which is also famous for its science?
    So he could have escaped to Karakuri Island and that is where they have met.
    He was impressed by her science skills and they became friends.
    But her parents, probably the rulers of Baldimore, had something against Judge being there since the presence of an enemy of the WG could bring trouble to their Island. But Sora was not afraid and liked him, so she hid him in her secret lab where they would occasionally meet to work on robots and do experiments together. And the one who brought them together was Sora's nanny Iva(Deneb) who was in fact born female(But switched to male later on when she went into hiding, becoming an Okama in the process) who was also a scientist. So the lawless team of scientists was born. And they discovered the lineage factor together. But after that they were on the run and forced to go their seperate ways. Iva joined the revolutionary army while Judge and Sora went to Judge's homeland which was already destroyed at the time. But they needed a decoy, so they left the robot called "Vegapunk" behind which was programmed with scientific knowledge(and Sora's personality) and which was arrested. Sora and Judge continued their Research in the Germa Kingdom with Vegapunk serving as a distraction, but seeing his home destroyed and knowing that everyone he once loved was dead left a scar on Judge's heart and this eventually turned him into the power hungry bastard he is now.
    And then we have certain similarities:
    Vegapunk did not want to experiment on children, Sora did not want her children to be experimented on.
    Both have a connection to Judge and both have a sky theme regarding their names.
    Why does Vegapunk like Kuma so much? Well, he was Iva's friend before he got involved in those experiments, so if this Vegapunk really has Sora's memories and if Iva really was part of the research team, it would explain why he is so friendly towards him. And Kuma sending Sanji to Iva would only be natural since Sora would send him to a friend as well.
    Both are kind hearted people who love to serve others.
    Sora was apparently a scientist since she was most likely the one who made the counter medicine for the genetic mutation. I doubt Judge would have had anything lying arround which could have threatened his plan.

So...that is a new theory which would make Sanji the son of Altair and Vega^^

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Arthand and Theo Ries like this.
  17. zeo_03

zeo_03

Bounty Points:
    hmm..reasonable observation...hope it's true,it will be a great additional firepower of SH! ^_______^ next arc will be focusing about zorro and another upgrade of character.. cool

Theo Ries likes this.
  18. Saint Bellkin

Saint Bellkin

Bounty Points:
    Earlier it was so chill , if someone comes up with this kinda theory as of now i'd be laughing at his face , i mean like cmon you still think he is gonna get some power up or something ?

19. Gumshoe

Gumshoe

Bounty Points:
    Yes, in the same way Oda had no plans for Brook...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Theo Ries likes this.
  20. Gobee129

Gobee129

Bounty Points:
    I like the links you created (except the Uranus part), and the 177mio bounty reference @Saikō no Kenshi added, but I'm kinda missing the conclusion of this theory: What exactly are Sanji's cosmic powers? And what are cosmic powers to begin with? Plus, you suggest a link to Uranus, but what exactly is Uranus? Or in this case, what do Sanji and Uranus have in common? You're not suggestign Sanji IS Uranus, right?

You see what I mean? As great as the references are you're pointing out, they kinda open more questions than they answer. xD Your points are convincing, but I'm not aware of the entire picture yet. What will it mean for Sanji later on, what will his role be, and what will his powers be? Based on the title of your theory, I expected you to provide answers or at least suggestions for these questions, that's all.

One big problem I see with this is simply that Sanji should not awaken any genetically enhanced powers. He made it very, very, very clear that he is not a Vinsmoke, that he is not like his family. Sanji is the normal human (the "failure" in Judge's eyes), who showed his artifically enhanced super soldier brothers and scientist father, that he is not worth any less than them. This morally important symbolism would be ruined if Oda decided to turn Sanji into what he fought against: Genetically enhanced, artificial super soldiers (without emotions).

That being said, I think Sanji and Uranus are not connected, at least for now. Sanji and Venus? Yes. Sanji and Uranus? No. Your theory shows very well that Sanji and Venus are connected, but the step from Venus to Uranus is rather weak. "Venus shares its retrograde rotation with one other planet: Uranus" was the only argument for a Sanji and Uranus connection, and that is not a very strong argument. For what we know, Oda could simply have taken lots of things from Venus for Sanji (the cosmic theme, the 177 degree, the rotation for his eyebrow pattern, and the love for women) and that's it, a step to Uranus is not necessary at all. Are there any more reasons why Sanji should be linked to the Ancient Weapon? Else I'd say Sanji has a Venus theme, yes, but a link to Uranus was never intended by Oda.

Theo Ries likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice