1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory Sanji's Hidden "Cosmic" Power

An old SBS may hold a clue to Sanji's true power.

Share This Page

1. Theo Ries

Theo Ries

Bounty Points:
    Theo Ries submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

Sanji's Hidden "Cosmic" Power - An old SBS may hold a clue to Sanji's true power.

Click here to read further...

Sidus03, Frayz, Genius and 5 others like this.
  2. El-pachinko

El-pachinko

Bounty Points:
    great theory and amazing work especially on the link between venus & sanji..5/5 star rate! :yaaa:

Theo Ries and Frayz like this.
  3. Frayz

Frayz Unwritten Wanted Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Pretty cool theory, it makes a lot of sense

Theo Ries likes this.
  4. King Tempest

King Tempest

Bounty Points:
    I just thought of something that might further strengthen the theory of Sanji having a connection with Uranus.

This was something I noticed when I was rewatching the Water 7 arc.

Some of you might have noticed that Zou has some similarities with Water 7.

Both of them have a water city theme to it and both have huge waves going through them at specific times. Water 7 has the Aqua Laguna, while Zou has the Rain Eruption.

Also, Inu and Neko parallel Franky and Ice Berg.

They had a master that had a connection to Gol D. Roger.

They were on bad terms with each other after their masters died.

Ice Berg is the mayor of Water 7, while Franky ruled over the underground stuff. I think this represents Night and Day. The Franky House even had a crescent moon on it.

There are still more similarities, but anyway...

-----

Now for my point.

The most important thing I noticed is the parallel between Robin/Franky and Momo/Sanji.

During Water 7, both Robin and Franky were a threat to WG. This was because:

- Robin could read the Poneglyphs, which made it possible for her to revive the ancient weapon Pluton.

- Franky had the blueprints to build another one.

And then we found out on Zou that:

- Momo had a connection with the Poneglyphs. His clan created them.

On WCI, we found out that:

- Judge and Vegapunk found the "Blueprints of Life", something the WG said was too dangerous.

So, it's something like this:

Robin / Momo = Connection with Poneglyphs

Franky / Sanji = Blueprints for an Ancient Weapon (Pluton / Uranus)

So, I believe that your theory has a great possibility of coming true.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    Zori, Gumshoe, dizzy2341 and 7 others like this.
  5. Putu

Putu Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Amazing work you have there, I likes the idea of Sanji is Uranus itself, keep it up the good work :)

Theo Ries and Frayz like this.
  6. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar The Villain Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Really good theory but I honestly doubt Oda will go through the route of cosmic side as that side will bring a serious inbalance as if you take a look at Marvel/DC counterparts and take a look at their cosmic characters then you can relate them to OP would make the character instantly Galactic level threat.

Frayz and 8787NO3Monet like this.
  7. King Tempest

King Tempest

Bounty Points:
    You know, Oda doesn't have to go that far when it comes to cosmic powers.

It doesn't need to be too OP at all.

Like with Haki, we still don't know where it originated from. It could be a cosmic power that some people can learn to control or channel into themselves.

In real life, some people believe that when they master meditation, they will become one with the universe and channel that energy into their bodies, making it possible to achieve enlightenment.

There are many real world concepts that Oda can use as a reference to cosmic powers in OP.

Believe it or not, spiral energy is a real thing and one of the unexplained mysteries of this world.

Some believed that the Druids had a way to make use of that energy and they believed in the concept of 3 (Sanji?), like many other religions and myths in the world.

Haki also has 3 applications to it; CoA, CoO and CoC. So I believe that Haki might be a cosmic power.

Gumshoe, Theo Ries and Frayz like this.
  8. shadowfire22

shadowfire22

Bounty Points:
    @Theo Ries the goddess venus/aphrodite was born from the remains of the roman god of uranus
    which goes towards this theory being true

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphrodite
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 14, 2016 ---
    remember when sanji told kuma

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sanji said that he will be the one who will cause the most trouble for the marines in the viz translation he said “he will cause more trouble than the rest of these guys together” and what ever translation is correct I think its foreshadowing to sanjis connection touranus

Torking, Frayz and Theo Ries like this.
  9. King Tempest

King Tempest

Bounty Points:
    Oooh! I can't believe I forgot about the creation of Aphrodite. That's another connection.

Might there also be a possibility that Uranus has a connection with the fishmen/mermaids as well, since Aphrodite rose up from the ocean after her birth?

It might be nothing, but since we learnt that the "lineage factor" was used to modify humans, it might be possible that the fishmen/mermaids were also modified from regular humans.

10. Theo Ries

Theo Ries

Bounty Points:
    @shadowfire22 Man! I should have added that reference to my follow-up speculation. I've been busy wrapping it up during my spare time the past day or two and completely missed an opportunity. You have to wonder if Sanji is merely commenting on his ties to Germa66 or something deeper. My vote is with your stance!

11. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar The Villain Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Tbh i can't see Oda go that way but another route as Cosmic in General will bring a lot more confusion and in balance in the world of One Piece.

I dont think Oda will want to make Space Pirates but he will via gags or cover pages, as other than the pirates on the moon that Enel saw i dont think Oda will go "yeah follow Marvel and DC"

Masters of the universe isn't cosmic its Meditation of Manipulating Chi/Ki/Haki not the cosmic side

IMO, Cosmic and Cosmicology would ruin OP as Oda has many other aspects in how to grow and develop characters look at Gear 4th, i will hold my hand up i f****ng hated it at first but it grew on to me like most others too.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  12. Zoro.Senpai

Zoro.Senpai

Bounty Points:
    Nice Theory ! I think Niji will try to hit Nami (and Ichji fight Luffy) when the SH's ruin the wedding, and then Sanji will awaken and One-Shot Niji in front of Judge and Big Mom !
    Then maybe Judge will realize that Sanji was actually a success and try to kidnap him. Then he will explain to him the secrets of these powers.
    :D :D

Theo Ries likes this.
  13. King Tempest

King Tempest

Bounty Points:
    This is what cosmic means, I looked up the definition:

- of or relating to the universe or outer space
    - relating to spiritual matters
    - very large or important

The second one is related to meditation and manipulation of Chi/Ki/Prana/Haki, ..etc. The power they channel into themselves is a universal power (becoming one with the universe), so it's related to cosmic energy.

You can't give someone a title like "masters of the universe" if they don't relate to anything cosmic.

Still, I'm only saying that there is a possibility that haki might be a cosmic power.

I think that you comparing it to Marvel/DC is way off the mark, you're thinking too big. There's no way Oda would go that far.

Oda already involved space when he introduced a clan that lived on the moon and they had hieroglyphs that referenced 3 clans that live on earth, one of which Poseidon originated from. I can't just write that off as a gag and sometimes cover stories are related to the main story, like Jinbe's discovery of a poneglyph.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  14. shadowfire22

shadowfire22

Bounty Points:
    you know you could just edit your follow up speculation and add my comments in
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 18, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 15, 2016 ---
    the Latin word “lucifer”, which is the Christian name for the Devil means “morning star”. The planet Venus is also referred to as the Morning star and evening star. so it fits in with sanji’s satan theme @Theo Ries

Theo Ries likes this.
  15. mokong man

mokong man

Bounty Points:
    Does Sanji's bloodtype O Rh (-) have any relationship with the cosmos? LOL..

Theo Ries likes this.
  16. shadowfire22

shadowfire22

Bounty Points:
    its rumored that people with sanjis bloodtype are descendents of aliens
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 9, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 9, 2016 ---
    people with RH negative are rumored to be descenendents of aliens or have went through genetic experiments also uranus is a planet thats completely blue and sanjis color theme is blue
    sanji represents satan
    so I think given the fact thatthe armageddon was awar between god and satan and in the viz translation he said “he will cause more trouble than the rest of these guys together” (I think this is foreshadowing )band

so I think that sanji will fit the satan motif my causing the most trouble for the world government and bringing about its end

[​IMG]

so sanji with his power will end the world government which is so vast that it could be easily described as the whole world

[​IMG]
    so it would fit his satan motif for him to bring about the armaeddon of one piece verse the end of world government ( it would be symbollically the armageddon)
    @Theo Ries

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Gumshoe, mokong man and Theo Ries like this.
  17. Nirex

Nirex

Bounty Points:
    I think we're going to see vice admiral tsuru in this arc. I wonder how she fits in though.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  18. mokong man

mokong man

Bounty Points:
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 14, 2016 ---
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2016 ---

19. Sidus03

Sidus03

Bounty Points:
    Sanji's eyebrow is the same as Yonji but reversed. You could see if you compare pre timeskip sanji and post time skip.

I can only guess he has some hidden power but probably not anything more special than his siblings.

20. mokong man

mokong man

Bounty Points:
    Yeah.. More in keeping with One Piece SBS 67 where Oda mentioned that the the direction of creature below's brow swirl would be how Sanji's eye brows would look like in the future or (NOT at the current moment)..

[​IMG]

Here's the translation of the SBS answer from One Piece Wikia:

"O: WHATISTHIS!!! (SHOCK) This is terrible!Look closely at Sanji's face! Do you realize that his eyebrows should be swirled in the opposite direction at the current moment?! Please properly redraw that tail! So terrible!"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice