1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Sanji is a Devil fruit ?!?

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Naito, Feb 19, 2015.

Share This Page

?

What do you guys think?

1. You had too much sugar!

36 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. It's something!

26 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. I like this!

39 vote(s)
    38.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raizen D. Sei

Raizen D. Sei

Bounty Points:
    I laughed at the title, but now I am stunned by how convinving this theory is.
    I always thought that Sanji being on fire was a joke scene, but after Fishman Island I thought that maybe he could actually generate fire.
    Very nice theory. Interesting.

We will find out everything about Sanji in 2016!

lightningsha and Naito like this.
  2. TheSey

TheSey

Bounty Points:
    Oda's talking about the golden ratio. Nature in numbers. Good google-wiki read...
    Sanji's eyebrows are just to represent these energies. Nothing significant. + Sanji wasn't born like that, he curled them up by choice as a kid. He said something along the lines of "I wish I never curled my eyebrows. I look so stupid, I'm sorry..." when he got hit by Perona's negative hollow.

Naito likes this.
  3. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    He did? Well I missed that, Thank you!
    Anyway , the point still stands. I still think Sanji may have a second dormant soul that might have or might have not got assimilated throughout the years that leaks out whenever he gets angry
    The first time he used Diable Jambe he was getting angry and mentioned how he heats up when he gets angry ... then Thriller Bark where he was angry because they kidnapped Nami ... then Fishman Island when he remembered his time "in hell" in order to get angry and generate more fire for Hell Memories
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 21, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 21, 2015 ---
    Thank you! Yop, we will finally find out everything about him, including his birth, which I assume is very important

4. K.A.I.D.O

K.A.I.D.O

Bounty Points:
    If god and devil do exist in the OP world and haki is from god and fruits are from the devil sanji isnt unique.
    Every DF user who has haki basically has 2 souls per your theory cause fruits have souls and the eater of the fruit has the fruits soul from devil too.
    Sanji at this point is the same.soul from god and devil.

Naito likes this.
  5. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    He's different in the fact that his soul is dormant and he didn't acquired a weakness to water. He'd be unique in the sense that he is the only person alive to have something like that ... and I assume as the years go by, the two souls will merge into one.
    You can look at it in a different way then ... Sanji has a Demon inside him and ignore teh whole Devil Fruit side ... as I said in the beginning this thread it's kinda old and I don't believe too much in it myself ... I changed my mind here and there, but the idea stays the same ... he has a dormant evil presence inside of him that fuels him with power whenever he gets angry

6. lightningsha

lightningsha

Bounty Points:
    Interesting. Hmm to verify this I just went to this scene you mentioned since I have all the raws and know a fair bit of Japanese. It looks like it doesn't really say that. Translators are known to take liberties when delivering English lines, because oftentimes when you try to translate a Japanese sentence too directly, the line ends up looking stilted and awkward. This is why personally, I like to keep the raws with me to cross-check when I need to verify something.
    Here's the line:

おれなんかマユゲ巻きすぎて死ぬばいい。。。

which more says 'My eyebrows are too curly, it would be good if I die'
    I would be surprised if it turned out he actually did curl them, I mean how do you even do that? :rofl:

All those SBS talks about his eyebrows are probably just jokes, but since Oda is a bit notorious for sometimes putting deep underlying meaning behind these, it may not be a lost cause to use them as basis for theories. The circular energy bit and the devil fruit bit are particularly interesting.

Beli Rich and Naito like this.
  7. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    Thank you for clarifying things for us!

I agree with everything you said ... it's just fun to speculate :D

lightningsha likes this.
  8. TheSey

TheSey

Bounty Points:
    As @KuroNaito said, thanks for the clarification!

I 100% agree that Sanji is being used to represent the energies that have to do with devilfruit's,and all of the energies that keep the universe in one piece. But I'm not convinced that he's a manifestation. Maybe just a vague representation of the idea. Great artists are known for uncanny, but unobtrusive, symbolism. Not perse for substance but more for imagery. That's what I think anyho!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Naito likes this.
  9. Stephanie McQuillan

Stephanie McQuillan

Bounty Points:
    Maybe he really is the spawn of Satan there go Mr.Prince as in the prince of darkness :eek: Xx I have just scared myself :eek:

Naito likes this.
  10. Buckweed

Buckweed

Bounty Points:
    Though I myself am not too fond of fiery flames of wrath because they tend to burn everyone, even the originator of said anger, this was so well thought out... I like a man who's passionate :cool: brilliant theory!!!

Naito likes this.
  11. Timshel

Timshel

Bounty Points:
    Although it sounds crazy I can't really say your theory is wrong, it's fleshed out really well and really would be amazing if true! I too agree that the Soul plays an integral part of understanding some of One Piece's mysteries. Great theory!

Naito likes this.
  12. Luffy D Dragon

Luffy D Dragon

Bounty Points:
    That makes sense since he most rotates on 1 foot but unlike zoro with asura we haven't seen sanji's with a spirit of his own and I think the reason is cuz zoro's asura comes from his sword while sanji's fire seems to get stronger when he's angry but there is still a lot we don't know about haki,sword spirits, and DF

Naito likes this.
  13. Beli Rich

Beli Rich

Bounty Points:
    So to summarize:
    Living Things = Souls from God
    Devil Fruits = Souls from Devil
    Living Thing eats DF = 2 Souls in 1 Host
    Sanji ?=? Born with 2 Souls
    Zoro ?=? Born with 2 Souls
    *Blackbeard ?=? Born with 3 Souls*

*Speculation I've read before that fits this theory*

I'm not sure about Sanji being born with the Soul from Devil first then given a Soul from God to "fix" it. God made a "mistake"?:eek::wideeyes:

Questions:
    1) What would happen if Sanji ate a Devil Fruit? Isn't that the same as a regular person or thing eating 2 DFs?
    2) What is Sanji's Devil Fruit Soul ability? Human Human model: Devil? Mad Mad? Cook Cook? Hell Hell?

My speculation:
    1) Vinsmoke family are the Guardians of the Devil Fruits secrets!!! Sanji KNEW about the Invisible Devil Fruit from reading a Devil Fruit Illustrationed Book.
    http://2.bp.blogspo****m/-R9_CRYg4WdE/VjME3Ke894I/AAAAAAAGVNs/eXjYu9UfR4E/s16000/0464-006.png
    http://2.bp.blogspo****m/-zwR5DB1xkVE/VjMFtP0us_I/AAAAAAAGVbM/HiZUaBzmqQc/s16000/0464-007.png
    http://2.bp.blogspo****m/-Ag6cWvAxIFs/VjMC0IxLuYI/AAAAAAAGUvY/Fagaje0IpYc/s16000/0464-008.png
    This has to be a very rare book. And who would possess such a book? People who know its secrets! Maybe Sanji went on the cooking ship in the 1st place to find the Invisible Fruit AND find All Blue!?

I hope Sanji steals the book and the Strawhats have it as a reference. :yaaa::cigar:

2) Vinsmoke family I think are the originators of Rokushiki techniques. They and Cipher Pol are assassins. Also, maybe Vinsmoke Family does experiments on their family and soldiers (Germa 66) and that's why they are so strong to be believed to be a fable by Nami. So maybe Vegapunk, Caesar, and/or other scientist(s) has/have learned to put Devil Fruit traits into people or things without it actually being eaten. Which may be why Sanji has curly eyebrows.
    http://2.bp.blogspo****m/-03d88EzgVpU/Vqpk5B-1O_I/AAAAAAAEyYI/XTi1eRgOiAs/s16000/0814-017.jpg http://2.bp.blogspo****m/-COrcZ_HU5NI/VrPQ1RSvvDI/AAAAAAAFEXQ/0KXfbBd8HLQ/s16000/0815-003.png

3) Big Mom wanted Caesar to make something for her. If his words are taken more literal then Caesar was supposed to have research to bear fruit. This fruit could be Devil Fruit!
    http://2.bp.blogspo****m/-WjVnhEWNLNk/VpfYiCJkzOI/AAAAAAAD2SM/5NZa2lOJqdI/s16000/0812-008.jpg
    But he lied to her. He couldn't get it done. So the question is what would Big Mom want Caesar to do with Devil Fruits? Well...Devil Fruits taste HORRIBLE and Big Mom LOVES sweets so she would probably want the Devil Fruits to taste sweet!

Even so...why? If she ate a DF already before she can't eat another one unless she is like Blackbeard. Assuming she isn't then I think she may want to make DFs that EXTRACT the DF powers. Call them Heaven/God/Angel Fruits. They are the OPPOSITE of Devil Fruits. People who don't want their powers anymore can go to her! She would be filthy rich and WAY more powerful and she is already a Yonko. Plus people could switch powers. Awesomeness! :eek::wideeyes::DD

But now she has the Vinsmoke family allegiance who are the Guardians of the Devil Fruits secrets. She can use their research to somehow make DFs taste sweet and extract powers. And sadly, since Sanji is a cook and Vinsmoke, he will be forced to help Caesar with what Caesar was supposed to do for Big Mom in the 1st place.

Sorry to tangent but reading this theory got my thought juices flowing. :lmao::yaaa::cigar:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Naito and Luffy D Dragon like this.
  14. Luffy D Dragon

Luffy D Dragon

Bounty Points:
    Sorry to tangent but reading this theory got my thought juices flowing. :lmao::yaaa::cigar:[/QUOTE]

Get in the zone autozone :cigar:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Beli Rich and Naito like this.
  15. Perna Negra

Perna Negra

Bounty Points:
    Excellent theory! :D

Naito likes this.
  16. Quezon D. Faizul

Quezon D. Faizul

Bounty Points:
    that is nice reading, out of box thinking imo.

Naito likes this.
  17. Talon Spicer

Talon Spicer

Bounty Points:
    Nice theory

I have also thought about some of the points you mention. So I think it is possible :D

Naito likes this.
  18. Supreme Master

Supreme Master

Bounty Points:
    If you eat two devil fruits, an explosions happens right?

Naito likes this.
  19. Spider

Spider

Bounty Points:
    Very intriguing but i'm not so sure :-(

Naito likes this.
  20. Birdy

Birdy

Bounty Points:
    I wonder... if Sanji had eaten himself instead of Zeff, would he have gotten superpowers???

Naito likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice