Private Rumble in the Jungle

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by Riley Escobar, Mar 30, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Dabit

Dabit Wanted Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    As Dabit walked into the ruined city grounds, he noticed the decay state of the building. Vegetation had taken over the place as if no one had given proper maintenance to the public area.

As he steped further inland, an akward silenced envolved the place. Suddenly, a loud cracking sound came from his ass: "frrrt", the birkan had a habit of breaking the silence with his farts. After all, he basically ate that leoboar meat raw, he had no time to cook it, and wouldn´t wanna waste a use of his Heat Dial on a quick cook.

A child´s laughter reacted to his flatulence. "Jihihi", he heard, realizing he wasn´t alone. He turned around searching for the person that had laughted at him but couldn´t find it. He armed himself with courage and spoke up:
    "Who´s there? Come on out!" No one responded, as he kept searching for the voice everywhere, a little girl appeared in front of him, as if she came out of nowhere, wearing a white dress and pigtail.

"Ohh, hi little girl!What´s your name? Are you lost? Do you need me to help you find your mommy?" Dabit asked in a playful tone, trying to not scare away the child.
    -Girl: "Golden treasure do you seek?
    Yet you bring only reek,
    Foolish robot, iron nose,
    A mistery that no one knows.
    Cast out souls, city dwells,
    Haunted Jungle, living hell.
    Bear the trial, lift the spell
    "​

Dabit was astonished by this child, speaking so elocuent, yet so confusing, he had no idea what she was talking about. Another laughter came from behind him "jihihi". Dabit quickly turned around, reacting to the second laughter, trying to pinpoint a location, but failed. As he turned back to the girl, she was gone, vanished out of thin air.

"Sneaky children, probably trying to tease me, Buakaka... Rascals" said Dabit as he carried on his way to the high tower.

After walking a few more minutes around the city, he finally reached the tower, the building had no door, so it was easy for him to enter and start climbing through the stairs. The structure was very tall, but the summer heat made him feel as if it was gonna reach the sky.
    When he reached the top, he reconed the area, and a large building with columns stroke his attention.
    "Hmm, that looks like a library, maybe i can get some info on this place there, hopefully something about the treasure as well"

So Dabit comenced his descent back to the ground level, heading towards the library building, walking at his own pace, while admiring the overwhelming structures of the ruined city.

2. Oreki

Oreki Wanted

Bounty Points:
    "Well, How sweet..."

His voice was raised. Of course, there was no guarantee that the rarity of the key indicated the difficulty of the finding map in the library, but it would not be an unusual conclusion to have not had a map here. After all, it's a library he had entered the library to find the map and still didn't able to.

Why there is no map? It would be difficult to clear this place without the map. The probability of success would be 50% less, Nero looked at the books in the library with a frown.

Nero lowered his head, overlooking the books in silence. As expected, there were so many books....mostly seems to be related to history and ideology.

This was built by the legend, a worship place. However, it was currently wrecked. There are traces of shattering Skirmishes in this Library. Nero's objective here was to find the map.

Looking back on it all, Nero eye catch frame quote picture in the wall that seems as if it's about to fall from its support. Nero took steps toward the picture as he read the quote in that picture, "'They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield. Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history, have led countless young men to their bloody deaths, all for the sake of this valor and glory.'"

"Under such conditions, I can only give up one finding the map and try journey without one" Nero let out a long sigh, Although he was in a strange land very far from his home land, Nero still likes to know more about this Island very much.

Nero shook his head.

"A day is might end in few coming hours. Worst case scenario, it'll take a few days before either I make it towards my goal. With that in mind, I have to find a map in order to save my few precious days."

Although Nero was a bit annoyed, he still started his search for the map. Nero nodded decisively. "Ahh...guess I'll start then"

Nero suddenly notices a folded chart in the floor near a few falling books, without waiting further Nero took the chart from the floor. Nero opened the chart and looked the inside content, "Well, looks like this wasn't the total waste of time after all. I able to find one in my end. "

A smile finally returned to Nero's face. But it didn't stay for too long as he hears footsteps coming in his direction, a serious expression appeared on his face. 'So, I was right. There are others came here to pursue the treasure?!'

He reminded himself thus. It had been over half a day. "Well, who's there?" Nero said in a suppressed voice as he stared at the library door, which was gradually covered by the shadows.

Nero stared ahead, moving forward bravely, the corners of his mouth suddenly showing an undefeatable smile. As if saying 'if there is really someone with the strength he will definitely not lose to him'

Obviously, there was a non-zero possibility that all of these were just an Illusion to mislead Nero and that he just imagining things. However, Nero had already prepared for the fight if it's happening.

Nero could not obtain information concerning this case. He was reassured of that. Had that not been the case, Nero would have been able to find map sooner than he did.

"Hey you talk?" Nero said while looking at door.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  3. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    [The gamble paid off. The marine will assist me in the search. Well at least for the time being. All bets are off if we actually find the treasure. In the face of greed allies become enemies and enemies become allies. But for now he will be my trump card against unforeseeable circumstances.]

Thought Kilij as they walked towards the city hall. They were already quite close to the place so they arrived in front of the building in a few minutes. Like all the other buildings that the Mink had seen thus far, the city hall was old and abandoned. Roots and vines covered a good portion of the exterior and in places there were traces of crumbled bricks and concrete. They walked to the entrance and Kilij wiped the glass door with his sleeve to take a look inside. As he did so some cobwebs got stuck to his cat ears, something that wouldn't happen if he still was wearing his cloak. From the door he couldn't see any traps or hazardous debris, but he still insisted that the marine should be the first one to enter.

"After you sir marine. Let's see what clues awaits us inside."

When they both entered, what greeted them was a magnificent almost mystical or supernatural mural on the far side of the hall. It mesmerized Kilij as he looked at it. The mural showed a gigantic tree that stretched up into and above the clouds. The town prospered around the tree and it became a city full of happy citizens. On the base of the tree there was a treasure chest caged by the roots that seemed to be the source of the wealth and power that made the place alive. When looking closely at the chest, Kilij's heart skipped a beat and he found himself having a vision of his Captain as the Pirate King and himself as a Yonko of the New World.

Kilij regained his senses after the weird episode he just experienced. He leaned on a dirty dust covered desk as he looked at his sweaty palms. [What was that? I've never experienced anything like that before. Is this the effect of a devil fruit? Could this place be cursed? Could that vision become real?] Kilij once again glanced at the mural, but this time nothing special happened. In fact the mural felt lifeless this time around. With no vibrant town or happy citizens.

[ Was the mural a clue about the treasure? I'm pretty sure that there isn't any tree of that size in the city. If there was I would have easily spotted it as I entered the city. Was it chopped down or maybe it's some kind of symbol or metaphor?]

At this moment Kilij turned to look at his traveling companion. [ Did he also experience something? Or was I the only one? If he did was it the same as me?] Curiously Kilij observed him to see if he reacted to the scene.

@Emperor Cross

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  4. Emperor Cross

Emperor Cross Big Mom Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    # A smirk appeared on Shaarib's face. All that talk minutes ago and when it was time to do the real things, the doctor took a step back. He was too cautious. Maybe he didn't wanted to be caught in the a, but what if Shaarib was caught ? Hn, good joke if he was going to die today the goddess would have shown sign of it. One step, two steps, on the third what he saw left him on his but. A painting, a damn good one. The painting showed the city in better colors than today. You could even see a beautiful tree, a tree whose top couldn’t even be seen because it was above the clouds. At the bottom of it, between the roots was a treasure chest. A glance at it made Shaarib saw something he never thought of : He was on Skypiea with Gan Forr and they were drinking pumpkin juice ! He hated that thing when he was a child ! In this vision he was what ? Two or three years older, happy and... and... he had a Vice-Admiral coat ! Not an admiral's ? Was he looking at the version of himself who have found the treasure ?

That shit was problematic, what did happen here ? Did someone wish for them to be in the sky, to become angels ? Did the painting was the treasure or did they needed to find that big ass tree at least to look inside his roots. If it was option A, he was going to put the doctor down which would be relatively easy but if he was to be B in needed the mind of D.T. Lost in his thought the Marine didn't even realize Stripes was looking at him. #

- That sh*t is messed up...

5. Riley Escobar

Riley Escobar The Villain Wanted

Bounty Points:
    As Link proceeded to head to the library he paused and took a brief pause as he then proveeded to look back noting the grandmother and the child vanished into thin air shocking him as sweat proceeded to trickle down his wrist. "Hey now ... was that what i think it was ... no ... it can't be ... they don't exists im sure of this ... but this was " before he could finish his thought as he was shook in fear staring.

He then closed his eyes and took a deep breath to compose himself "i gotta head to the library" as the wind bloew behind him pushing into the path of the library. "I didn't knew it will be this windy" as his hair was also getting into his face, "I wish i carried some extra clothes they would have kept me warm at least."

Link then gradually in a span of few minutes finally found himself in front of the library noting how the walls and doors were eroded as well as noting how banged up the front was. "Well then it maybe abandoned but i gotta make my win" ... as Link moved forward kicking one side of the door which pushed as its hinge cracked as the door slide to the side and came off.

@Fire Tiger @Emperor Cross @Dabit @Luffy.

6. Dabit

Bounty Points:
    The weather on the Jungle Island was conflictive for Iron Dabit, ever since he got there, the sun was scorching hot, which combined with the humidity of the tropical jungle, made him sweat bullets as his face denoted extreme panting.

Walking on the way to the library building, he remembered his previous encounter with the little girl, unsure if it had been real or not, a product of his imagination or a ghost. (Bah, there is no point in wasting so much thought in that) The birkan attempted to calm himself even though he truth was that the whole place was making unwary, and he would only tranquilize the moment he sailed of the Jungle Island with the legendary treasure.

A strong gust of cold wind came from behind, pushing him forward, as if the Island itself was telling him to keep moving, he wondered were did that breeze came from, since he was bssically surrounded by ancient buildings and vegetation. (Is it my imagination or is it getting colder in here? The climate of this island is crazy). But as the wind stopped blowing on the revolutionary, he felt the strike of heat coming back.

A few minutes passed an the library building was finally on his sight, he made it. But what he saw next his cyborg eyes could not believe. (An elf? What the hell is this place?) he thought to himself. A person with elvish ears, long blonde hair tied with a ponytail and blue eyes, wearing a Blue tunic with chainmail underneath and leather boot, was ahead of him, right in front of the library building entrance. The elf kicked the library´s front door, making it come off.

Dabit slapped himself in his iron face, attempting to snap himself into reality. But the elf was still there, this time the illusion didn´t go away so simple.
    (Maybe this island is trying to tell me something, i mean, elves are good, right? Maybe i should try to speak to him). he thoght.

Trying to handle the turmoil in his mind, the birkan got closer to the library entrance were the elf was and saluted him in a nice way, unsure if he would respond or if he was just a product of his imagination.

"Excuse me, Mr. Elf? Are you real? Are you from around here? Im kinda lost" said Dabit. He hid his intentions of searching for the treasure for the moment, at least until he learned who was the person in front of him.

@Luffy.

7. Oreki

Oreki Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Nero's expression hardened. He looked at the door. He had various plans before heading out. Anything can happen in a place like that. Nero knew this better than anyone else here.

Nero could not lower his guard. He cautiously walked while observing his surroundings. 'If it's this simple level of fighter, few moments should suffice, right?'

The silence of the library was broken at this time, a slow and heavy vibration came from the door side, creating loud sounds the door came out from it hinge. Having Nero gripped the hilt of his weapon, Nero walked at the destroyed gate side.

"huh, looks like someone have lost their way home."

However, calling this place Safe would be complacency. There was a chance that a lost wild animal was still lurking around. Maybe, there might even be other races that had no relation to the others wandering around. Or perhaps, there were the door breaker is a man who's come for looking the tressure. Anything was possible at this moment

Even if the other party was in preparation for death match, they wouldn't want to waste their energy fight, Nero, when they need to survive a confrontation.

This was the impact of being enemy on this island. In order to survive in the future, hide from the present. You need to avoid unnecessary fight.

Nero remained silent as he slowly draws his sword. The sounds from outside could be heard. "Hey! Didn't your mother ever teach you don't come in library by breaking the door?"

@Fire Tiger

8. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    By his companion's reaction Kilij could tell that he also experienced something odd. This unsettled Kilij more. If one person experienced a weird phenomenon then it could be it could something psychological, but if it was experienced by more than one, then it has to be an external influence. In this ocean covered world there's usually only two things that could have such an effect. Devil Fruits and Cursed Items.

Devil Fruit users can create all sorts of weird supernatural phenomena. Be it ghosts, zombies, vampires, or creatures of myth they're usually the works of a Devil Fruit user. But there's a problem with the theory that a Devil Fruit user could be involved here. No matter how mysterious those fruits are, they still work by a set standard of rules. The user has to be in the proximity to activate their abilities and long lasting environmental effects can only be left by the most elites of users. Surely there couldn't be such a professional in this side of the Grand Line.

The other scenario that Kilij could think of was the effect of a Cursed Item. Cursed Objects are more mysterious than Devil Fruits, at least for the general population. Kilij was a blacksmith and he has spent countless hours studying the phenomenon known as Cursed Swords. Kilij's dream is to create the world's most powerful sword. A blade of the same caliber of an ancient weapon that anyone who wields it would be counted in the same rank as the Yonko. Studying Cursed Swords was a part of this dream.

A cursed item develops when a craftsman spends their blood, sweat, tears, intent, and even a part of their soul and life force into the creation. It's the epitome creation that only craftsmen of myth and legend like Kotetsu, Muramasa, Tvastr, Hephaestus, and Völundr could make. It is said that they come in two varieties; one that only has the intent of the smith and has a personality that will only choose certain owners and the other that holds a soul that manifests ungodly powers similar to a Devil Fruit. Cursed items come in all varieties, but are mostly encountered as weapons. Could the desolation of this island be the effect of the creation of a cursed item?

Of course there was a third option that was a bit less mysterious and that was the effect of hallucinogenic substances. To make sure there wasn't any of those around, Kilij pulled out an assortment of metal shavings from his bag. Kilij might've lied about being a doctor in anthropology, but he might as well be one in metallurgy. Since he was a teenager his mentor taught him the effects of many metals when making alloys. Some of these could be used to make steel rust proof, more flexible, or more rigid. But they also had other effects when combined with other substances and gases. For example silver will turn black under the presence of sulfur.

Seeing that there wasn't any effect on the metal pieces, Kilij gave up on figuring out what happened. [Don't get yourself distracted Kilij. The only important issue is the treasure. Let's just find a map and get this over with.]

Turning once more to the marine, Kilij spoke. "What an intriguing mural that is. My studies never mentioned of such a thing on this island. Perhaps you can help me find a map? The discovery of such a tree would be the archeological finding of a century! We both might end up on the history books. Of course if we don't find anything, we can go back to research the records in here at a leisurely pace."

@Emperor Cross

9. Emperor Cross

Bounty Points:
    # Shaarib's was lost. He didn't want to move because if he was seeing his future it meant that Gan For was alive. That damn old geezer survived and didn't even try to search for him... the bastard. What was the doctor thinking right now ? Stripes wasn't even shocked, his scientific mind decided on itself to prove the veracity of their vision. He put out some instrument and tried an experience to probably know if they wasn't on under some substances. The experience quickly turned wrong and the tiger began to talk to his new companion :

Shaarib wanted to laugh. he didn't care about being in history records. He wanted to free his island and live a peaceful life but before that, he needed to find this treasure then after arrest a big gun and finally retire. He got up, did a hand sign for the doctor to not follow him and darted forward. They were going to split up it would be easier that way. The papers he found in the church was pointing towards the mayor's office. If Shaarib found something he could examine it thoroughly, erase some details and give it to the other. Luckily, there was a hole above them, a hole that could lead to the upper floor. With a stomp, our captain was propelled towards the hole leaving all the piece under him with clouds. He was more than happy about it, that will give him some time. He began running straight ahead for two minutes when he suddenly stop himself. He saw an old signboard : Mayor. The office was in good state, the typical desk, too many papers on it. A bibliothèque full of books and some family pictures. Behind the desk on the wall was a portrait of him. A guy in his mid-forty's with the biggest dark circles ever ! Shaarib quickly tired to found the piece he needed.

[12 minutes later]

Shaarib hasn't found something worthy, he couldn't believe he believed in this sh*t. Did someone got here before him ? Nah, it was impossible. The marine became to walk in circles around the room getting angrier at each step. Finally, he snapped and did a kick in the wind towards the library. A blue circular air blade formed itself and split in two in a loud noise. The books began falling everywhere but Shaarib didn't care, he couldn't believe what he was seeing, behind the library was a little black vault with only the handle. Shaarib tired to opened it but it wouldn't. Maybe the doctor knew someway to open it so he took a deep breath and yelled :

- STRIPES !!!! #

@Char Aznable

10. Riley Escobar

Bounty Points:
    "Hey" came out of response who wasn't aware of the situation and came out of instinct as before he could reply Link turned into the library not paying attention much what he said but replied "You could say that, how about i see if its safe you stay here" as if he was brushing the stranger off.

Link moved into the library, upon doing so he ventured within hearing some voices as Link was a really sensitive and objective person when he was younger. Link then raised his head up squinting his eyes slowly moving his stealth mask up to cover his mouth and slowly knotting his hair.

Just as he did so he ventured to just over 10 minutes ago with the lady and the ghost assuming this was some haunted library, he then slowly steadied himself against the wall by trying stealthily sneaking himself across the room until a creak board gave his location away spotting a unknown person whom he couldn't see.

To him this was a weird situation, "This doesn't look or feel right" as Link then came right in front of them unsheathing his sword and pointing in the direction of the person asking "What is going on here ... What are you doing here?" ... "You're a name i've heard of before, i would love to spar with you one day" gazing as he gulped and broke the tension by waving and smiling "Maybe another day"

He then pinpointed his gaze down and noticing the books ... "He's came here for the same purpose as me" ... "Guess i didn't only come to this conclusion as he withdraws his sword as he unsheaths then lowers his stealth mask and undoing the knot to his hair as he bows introducing himself "I am Link of the Silver Hair Pirates!".

"So what is that you've found out so far?" asked Link.

@Dabit

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  11. Dabit

Bounty Points:
    The Elf man saluted Dabit with a relaxed tone and a hey, and answered to his query by venturing into the library, acting as if he was more familiarized with the Jungle Island.
    The man with elvish ears talked and moved inside the library building. That plus the fact that he previously knocked down a door made Dabit think that he was actually real and not a product of his imagination.
    "Alright, you seem to know what you´re doing. Buakaka" said the cyborg, as he stood guard in the entrance of the library.Something about the elf gave him a sense of confindence, as if he was trustworthy. But the truth was that Dabit was just too guillible.

A minute passed by in silence until he heard another child´s laughter "jihihi", but there were no children in sight, no idea where the laughter had come from, so te Birkan reacted, frightened.
    (Man, fuck this. I will loose my mind if i stay here. Rather go inside at once. Plus i gotta do my own thing and find the treasure map)

Without a second thought, Iron Dabit went inside the library, but as soon as he was inside, he noticed the dark ambient of an abandoned building. Spider webs everywhere indicated nobody had been reading the library´s books lately, nor was there a librarian to keep the order of the place. The bookshelves filled with scrolls and textbooks had been covered in thick layers of dust.

With his iron ears, Dabit detected voices, a conversation to be precise. The elf was talking with a young man, dark haired, and revealed his iddentity.
    As a revolutionary, Iron Dabit had been taught to be straight forward, staying in the dark or backstabbing wasn´t his style at all. So he came out, revealing his presence to both men.

"A pirate, huh? Im guessing you two also heard of the legendary treasure and came looking for it" said the birkan in a more serious tone. But he also realized he was outnumbered. Shall he begin a conflict in this situation could mean his demise, he had to think quick and talk quicker before the men turned against him.

"My name is Dabit Iron, a revolutionary." The cyborg was trying to be polite, yet he wanted to know to the other man was, so he turned his onto the young man and asked: "Are you also a pirate?"

Before the men decided to attack him, the cyborg gave an explanation fo his presence on that place:
    "I originally came here looking for the legendary treasure, but the truth is that gold is not really what im after, i just want to know what the treasure actually is.... I can help you guys find it if you agree to split the taking. If this treasure is so legendary then we can all fill our pockets with it. My ship is rather small anyway, it´s not like i can take that much with me. Buakaka" Bit said, attempting to earn allies was a smart move if he wanted to leave that cursed Island alive.

@Luffy.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  12. Oreki

Oreki Wanted

Bounty Points:
    The elf looking man said, this guy most likely knew that Nero did also have come here for the pursue of tressure. It was as if he had not the only one been there from the start. For Nero, this guy was the only one who classified for his word 'stranger'. In addition, he wants to fight with Nero even if he only just met him. Perhaps it just how he addresses when he meets a new person.

With the sword hilt in griped by his hand, Nero moved his gaze towards the elf looking, man.

'Well then…'

He began planning for as many possibilities as possible. After taking a moment to prepare his goal, Nero replied to the man. "All right, time to kick some ass."

Ah…

In the split moment he was lost in thought, Nero returned. Finally, Nero lost his wit. "You, is challenging for duel something usual for you?"

"Who are you?" Nero gazed down at the elf person with his emerald green eyes. They seemed intense in the dark interior of the situation.

Nero laughed. Nero thought it was a pity that he could not properly see his situation or where he's now. Well, there was no time to waste. There weren't any other Hunter of tressures in the vicinity, nor did he know of any Hunters that would come running if.. he... called….

Nero erased bad thoughts from his mind and shook his head. 'What would I do if something went wrong.'

Success here would mean obtaining a tressure and other rewards. He dreaded what failure would entail. He had to be focused. To be honest, he had entered the city with great anticipation. Contrary to his expectations, there was not much to be surprised at inside. It was just a simple ruined city. After a deep breath, Nero looked at the elf person.

As this guy finished his intro, a cyborg looking guy entered in the library

Nero nodded at the response he had already foreseen. "It's a pretty complicated issue, but I'm no pirate. I can assume we have the same goal, so hiding it won't do anything good for us"

It was funny, but it almost seemed like he had to study encounters like a test. Since two of them already introduced Nero to do it too with, "It's Nero Angelo. Just a traveler who came to pursue the tressure like you two"

Nero Angelo, named after an odd reason, His face is more good-looking that most women can fall for. His black hair, The sight was mysterious even. He's grown into someone fitting with his sarcastic attitude.

"Hey, I'm glad we're gettin' personal. Well, I don't mind sharing the tressure it's not like I also can take the entire tressure... So, I feel good about the idea'." He replied

"......Let me get this straight first. I won't accompany you guys, all the time." If Nero going to work with them for the meantime, he decides to not speak much, Nero scratched his head and took out the map from his pocket that folded roughly. It was a chart that has the exact location of the entire city, which Nero showed to the two men he just met.

"Well this all I can present, right now" Perhaps thinking the same as Nero, these two might not take Nero words as casually as he said. That Map was like all they needed to pursue the tressure.

@Fire Tiger

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  13. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    "Vintage. Good year and it's unopened. Not bad. Not bad at all." Said Kilij as he looked at an old bottle of wine he found while searching an office. Although wine wasn't Kilij's drink of choice, he was sure that someone in the crew would appreciate it. Just as he finished making space in his bag for the bottle, he heard the marine calling him.

[It seems that my new friend found something.] Thought Kilij as he approached the room where he was called from. When he got there he was surprised at what he saw. There was a mess of books all over the floor and aside that mess there was a perfectly good safe.

"Oh? Good discovery marine. Surely there's got to be important information in there. But getting it won't be easy."

Kilij meant what he said. He had already opened a safe when he was ransacking the town, but the difference between that one and this one was like night and day. The one he opened was a rusted out piece of junk that with some hits of his smithing hammer it cracked like an egg. This one on the other hand was a high quality masterpiece. Abandoned and forgotten for countless years, yet it still retained the look of a new product. As a pirate, Kilij could be considered a thief, but to safecrack one needed a set of expertise that Kilij sorely lacked. That being said if you used one word to describe Kilij, it would be resourceful.

With one hand on his chin, Kilij was making the calculations for the crazy scheme he had thought for solving this dilemma. After thinking of the ramifications, he clapped his hands and got to work. Kneeling down by the safe, he started to remove metallic materials and compounds one by one from his bag.

"Aluminium, ferric oxide, magnesium..." Kilij mumbled to himself as he took out a dozen small metal pieces. Some which he made smaller with the use of his hammer. After he was done he was left with a cocktail of metallic powders. Kilij sprinkled this mixture around the hinges of the safe and made a trail that led a few steps away.

"You might want to step away from this."

Kilij said as he lit a match and threw it at the powder. What Kilij made was a little substance called thermite. When ignited thermite would produce temperatures high enough to melt most metals in an instant. As a blacksmith Kilij knew how to use it for welding, but when he uses it on his workshop it would be under completely controlled circumstances. Here there was great capacity for mayhem, so the first thing Kilij did after throwing the match was to ducked himself behind a desk.

As the compound ignited it produced a light as bright as the sun for a short while. Kilij was a bit fearful that the thermite would burn through the contents of the safe, so he mostly applied it sparingly around the hinges and the outside of the safe. What he didn't expect was for the thermite to melt the floor making the safe fall on the lower levels. The surroundings also caught fire, but could care less about that. Without waiting for his companion, Kilij jumped down through the hole to see the results of his actions.

[The building is catching fire. If the safe holds a map I should take it and leave before this place becomes a deathtrap. ]

@Emperor Cross

14. Emperor Cross

Bounty Points:
    # The more time our captain was spending with the doctor and the more he was doubting the tiger. The beast couldn’t be a doctor. Shaarib decided to call him for help because he thought trying to break the safe with force wasn’t the best solution. The doctor came rather quickly and began doing some sort of calculations. Shaarib has been thinking, the tiger would give the safe, one or two hits here and there and BAM ! The safe would open but nooo ! The doctor created an explosive and quickly hide himself behind !

Shaarib wanting to protect the doctor produced solid clouds around the safe to keep the residus from going towards the tiger. Shaarib, one foot up and the other down couldn’t predict that the mixture was going to produce that much light. True he wore sunglasses all the time but he wasn’t prepared for that degree of light. Surprised, he lost balance and decided to rotate and fall on his belly, hands on his ears expecting an explosion.

The mixture produced some heat and began burning everything around them. Shaarib even with the heat didn’t try to change position. He wasn’t going to risk it. Suddenly he heard a « tud », something fell. Shaarib waited 30 seconds and opened his eyes : Everything was f*cking burning and Stripes and the safe weren’T here anymore. Did he got played ? Shaarib maunched himself at the window and jumped through it. After a good reception on onr of the nearby trees he began waiting for the doctor since they were no signs of the tiger going out of the City Hall. Fire was spreading everywhere and soon the trees around the city hall were going to burn and it’s was going to lead to a massive fire across all the island. Shaarib jumped from the branch and let himself fall on the floor.#

• He better be proud about himself... if his answer doesn’t t sound good. Ima kill him right here !

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Riley Escobar and Fire Tiger like this.
  15. Riley Escobar

Bounty Points:
    After falsely challenging him to analyse the man with the spiky black hair with blue-red eyes and a black jacket, black trousers and black boots. He analysed the situation and the reaction of the man which came to fruition as he knew if he was able to get under his skin.

The response and reaction of the man whom he heard by name gave a quick chuckle on the inside but he had a stern face only as he got what he wanted out of the quick fire question of a challenge seeing a vein bulge visible on the side of the temple of the man's head.

As Link introduced himself, link then began to hypothesis that the man wasn't a ghost just from the quick interraction but a real human. "He's not a ghost like the one i saw outside, i must ask if he's done any research on the fact" Link thought to himself as he then noticed the man shake his head and a moment he knew he was thinking then taking a deep breath he stared back.

There was reason behind links approach as why introduce himself coming from his years trying to become a marine but couldn't handle the pressure, but it was something that the training burned into his essence and became second nature to him. However this was also a reverse psychology strategic factor that could benefit him about knowledge of the island.

Just as Link asked the man as what he has researched so far a man from behind approached and asked menacingly
    Link looking at the man noticed his weird physical character was strange a man with wings with a blue top and grey colored trousers and a mechanical type nose, but his tone was loud and heard but he also noticed it was the man that was outside the library who'm he brushed aside before entering.

"It's you?" Link replies as he then replies "What i want to know is what is this island?, but you said treasure? ... how do you know its a treasure and of what kind?" but before he could get a reply he changed the topic

"A revolutionary officer ... hey well what do you know" Link thought

Link then turns his attention at the man to see his response "He's not a pirate? then what is he?" as he glares at the man as he obides by introducing himself.

"What, where and how is he knowing of such information? something feels off here. Though he's not interested in gold should be a no brainer since he's a rev officer those guys dont care about that stuff"

"There's a truce since we all have common goals here since the two have put their hands in for a truce i guess i must oblige too" as Link replies as he was just bird eye viewing the information that came to the front.

"I'll help as i can but we need to find out where the treasure is and what it is, which should be in one of these books .... though this island is strange don't you two think to capture mens attention like them chasing for the stars and grabbing parts of the cloud on their way up in their cherished hopes and dreams".

As link then stares at the two men and grins.

@Dabit

16. Dabit

Bounty Points:
    The grim ambient of the library´s insides made it the perfect scenery for dark deals. A coalition of Piracy, Bounty Hunting and Revolution was forged, but how long would this truce last? Only time would tell, as many terrors lurked around the Jungle Island and madness was looming.

The pirate Link questioned Iron Dabit about his knowledge of the legendary treasure:
    "I know nothing to be honest, just fairy tales from sailors, that there is a treasure in a Jungle Island untouched by men, which is said to grant the owner whatever he desires. But i never understood if they meant gold or something else... My superiors even thought i was coming on a fool´s errand, but being here i don´t know what to think anymore" said the cyborg, hoping to clarify to the men about his knowledge, which wasn´t really much help at all in their quest.

The bounty hunter and the pirate showed their willingness to join Iron Dabit in the treasure hunt for the moment, that alone was sufficient, maybe beign accompanied would reassure him his sanity while being on that island. Nero even was eager about the idea of sharing the treasure, shall they find it. The cyborg smiled, naive as he was, he would allways get happy on making new friends.

But being straightforward was always a virtue, and Nero came forward
    The strike of reality came with the realization that this alliance was only temporary, as long as their goals remained the same.
    "Yes, of course, we work together to accomplish the objective. But to be honest, we should be careful of this island, wild beasts running wild and im starting to believe there is some kind of curse, i´ve been seeing things. That´s why i think this team-up is a good idea. Treasure sounds good, but surviving is priority... Anyway, what you got?"

Before he scene got more creepy than it already was, because of Dabit´s words. Nero pulled out a chart of the Island.
    "Interesting, this actually helps a lot. I previously climbed a tower to get a layout of this place, but this library was what caught most of my attention" the cyborg said.

The pirate had his observation about the chart aswell, Link said:
    The revolutionary agreed, ever since he got to the island he got a feeling of unwariness, as if he was being followed or observed, as if danger was lurking nearby.
    "You´re right, there is something about this Island. And it doesn´t sound like a coincidence that nobody has been able to steal the legendary treasure... Surely many sailors have tried to"

The cyborg said these words as he grabbed a book from one the shelves, one with a golden cover and no title in it, it was a book full of verses a poems, but Dabit just read whatever he caught his attention:
    "Golden treasure many wish,
    all invaders dine with fish.
    Travel to the path of darkness,
    undergo the Jungle Madness."

Iron Dabit slammed the book shut, and cursed it "Bullocks" he said, as he placed the book back in the shelf.

"So what´s the plan?" he asked to his companions.

@Luffy.

17. Oreki

Oreki Wanted

Bounty Points:
    "Well, I won't deny that." He gave a refreshing smile as he looked at the library with a heavy sigh. It was unclear what kind of information they might need in order to achieve their goal. The only thing mutually assured was the will to find the tressure.

That was not probably the worst combination of beings had ended up meeting each other, well at least all sides were not filled to the brim with killing intent, and they had started to share their task.

With a chilling smile on his face, the Nero said. "I don't have a plan"

Nero was at a loss as to how to deal with this situation, but he sighed eventually and took his gaze around the library: "I was… told a little about the the history of this ruined. It is because I might be involved with unfortunate happenings."

"This is not an area where we can safely run around. Even so, if we don't have a plan I can only suggest one thing, we need to play it safe"

The breathing of the people in the place Nero halted seamlessly. His way of inquiring did not seem to be that of someone who was digging for some sort of information.

"You two had your plans before you came here, right?" A simple question. An innocent line of thought.

Nero didn't see the problem in working together but do they even came here half prepared. "Come on, you two didn't come here just looking for tressure without any clue, did you?"

As the talk was finished, Nero's lips suggested he had something to say something about making a plan, but he silently complied. It was because he was begging with his eyes. He was gradually realizing that place's ambiguity.

"Well I'm no position to say anything," said Nero. "But anyway, here we are. Let's make plan"

18. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger

Bounty Points:
    Kilij landed with a crouch next to the safe. Even with all the pyrotechnics it still took some effort and leverage to open the thing up. The first thing Kilij noticed inside of it was a pile of gold coins that he quickly stored in his bag. The second thing he saw was a large folder of documents. He opened it up and read a bit of it. There were records of genealogy, history, town deeds, and old contracts. But seeing that it didn't have the info that he wanted, Kilij tossed it aside into the fire. Next he picked up the important things an old journal that had the words confidential and treasure on it and a finely detailed map of the city. Kilij was sure that whith these two he could finally get that treasure. As he was thinking that he looked up and then took a step to the side. On the spot where he was standing part of the roof collapsed and debris started falling all over the place.

"Time to go."

Said Kilij as he departed from that room. There were still many things he didn't check, but it was no longer wise to stay around. He quickly darted from room to room looking for the exit, but he hadn't explored this section of the building before and only had vague idea of where he was heading. After crossing what felt like dozens of rooms, but was really less than half that, Kilij came across a dead end. The fire was spreading too fast and had already blocked his route. Seeing no other alternative, Kilij went over to the wall and pulled out his swords.

"Nanajuni Pound Ho!"

Screamed Kilij as he performed an attack that caused two air projectiles to slash all the way out of the building. The opening of this pathway caused a backdraft of fire to overtake the Mink. But he never panicked or lost his cool even as his cloak caught a flame. Not wasting a second the Tiger Mink followed the newly opened path and made it to the outside. Once there, he threw off his cloak and rolled on the ground to remove the remaining flames on him. Luckily he had stashed the map and journal within his clothes and they didn't suffer any damage. His cloak on the other hand was wasted, but his backpack was only a bit singed.

Once outside Kilij sat himself on crumbled pile of bricks and looked back at the building he just left. The flames roared as they burst through every window and door. While the smoke column soared into the sky and was probably visible all the way to the ocean. Taking his water canteen out Kilij thought that it will be only a matter of time until the whole city is in flames. The city hall was pretty spaced from the surrounding edifices, but there was just too much vegetation to stop the fire.

Kilij looked around, but he didn't spot the marine with his cursory glance. "Did he escape the fire or is he still inside?" For a moment Kilij thought that he might need to rescue his new companion, but he quickly pulled the thought out of his mind. Kilij was coldblooded towards his enemies, but he was plenty caring for his friends. It would be a stretch to call the marine a friend, but he at least was useful in finding the safe and Kilij had noticed how he had used the clouds to shield him in the building. A useless gesture, but it reeked with good intent.

[At any case it would be best if the competition dwindled.] Thought Kilij as he pulled out the map to find the best route to the treasure.

Nanajuni Pound Ho (七十二煩悩(ポンド)鳳 Nanajūni Pondo Hō?, kanji meaning "Phoenix of the 72 Earthly Desires"; furigana meaning "72 Pound Phoenix/Cannon"): Same principle as the 36 Pound Cannon. Holding his two swords horizontally above the shoulder, the user then performs a circular swing that launches two air compressed projectiles spiraling towards the target instead of one, making it twice as powerful.(31 Mastery, 31 Strength)

@Emperor Cross

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  19. Emperor Cross

Bounty Points:
    # What was that noise ? A wall has fell ! A wall was cut down to be more precise ! Who was it ? The Marine at that point decided to take a strategic retreat. The captain hit the floor ten times with great speed and disappeared in a blur to hide himself behind the tree he was previously on. After some seconds, Stripes walk out of the city hall and threw himself at the ground to end the fire on his back. The doctor got up and decided to take a quick pause in front of the building. Shaarib seeing this, calm down a little, was the mink thinking of him ? Was he going to go back to see how his partner was ? For a fraction of time, he wanted to go out of his hiding place to meet the doctor but that cold-hearted man decided to open a map and continue his search for the treasure.

- Bastard...

Shaarib wanted to charge and fight the mink for the map but now he wasn't so sure if he could win against the swordsman. At least win before the fire caught them. At first he had believed in the scholar because he didn't react to his attack but now, he fully understood that all of this was a scene. He dodged the cut the best way possible and began ranting to keep Shaarib to be too suspicious. He wasn't a beginner at all. No beginner could cut a door in a wall like it was nothing. An air slash was a pro move so doing two... Shaarib was going to follow him, wait for the tiger to find the treasure and shout his wish before that traitor could do. Like the pig in his favorite manga. That was going to take some time but he would wait all the time. Even if he was going to burn to the 3rd. As he could realize his objective. The tiger couldn't smell him out with all that smoke around them and Shaarib like many of the users of Rokushiki could do the least noise as possible when tracking a target. #

- May the Goddess show you the way... Fake-Stripes...

[Soru=MS +9]

@Char Aznable

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  20. Riley Escobar

Bounty Points:
    Link questioned the strange looking man in blue with wings and a strange mechanical looking nose of his knowledge of the treasure whereby he replies:
    Link was quite as he heard his reply thinking to himself as he was hearing his reply "So that's how it is, its like myths and legends passed down the generations as if like scary stories like the one they call the boogeyman"
    As Link hears the reply to the Bounty Hunter that the strange man was giving he was quite as he grabbed a seat to take a seat as the Bounty Hunter then pulls out a chart of the island.
    Link hears this he looks around in the library of the books and then concentrates his gaze at the two men with information being brought forward.
    Just as Link finished his speech as to what the treasure could be; as all men agreed mutually to some coalition between a Pirate, Revolutionary Officer and Bounty Hunter which was out of the ordinary. At this moment Link raised himself back up lifting him up off the seat.

Link overlooking the Revo officer grabbing a random book off the shelf he saw him just read something random but Link was acute to what was said as it was something out the ordinary but clearily described the essence of the island as he slams the book and puts it back on the shelf.

"That book it was giving the true essence of the island and no plan, sometimes its best for no plan"
    Link then turns to the Bounty Hunter replying, "Play it safe, sounds safe but nothing is ever so safe ... we had our plan before arriving of course we must have all did so too" as Link then stares down at the floor thinking.

Link then replies as he lets the Bounty Hunter finish speaking "We all had plans to research the island in our own ways and i don't think we are alone or the first that have come here either so the clue must be what he just said" as he points at the Revolutionary officer.

"So we need a clear map of the island first" Link says with a serious face, "We need to find anything to do with history and last reports of the island itself, so what are you two specialties and we'll try coming back in a few minutes and we can then plan things accordingly?" just as Link would finish he would reply "I want to learn the plan and navigate".

@Dabit

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice