Questions & Mysteries ROCKS’ captain....?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Discussion' started by Puppet Master, Feb 24, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Bounty Points:
    With this new chapter it was confirmed that Big Mom and Kaido were part of the same crew just as Garp mentioned back in chapter 907 talking about ROCKS. So at least to me it’s pretty legit that they were two members of THAT crew. But not the captain.
    Why not?
    Because it’s said that the captain fell by the hands of Garp himself, so I assume that their once captain is now a fallen pirate (be it dead or alive).

Now...I’d like to connect my theory with Gear 5’s speculation on youtube here:

It basically points out what possible relations BM and Kaido could have had with ROCKS’ captain. He says that it could have been a giant-like man (to relate to BM wannabe giant) and maybe an Oars-like man (to relate to Kaido), and I totally agree with him.

Now I’d like to go a little further and show some foreshadowing about who this captain could have been (of course it’s just speculation)...

Chapter 606 ends with this exact scene

And chapter 607 starts with this exact scene

Now it could just be a coincidence that after the “hat” scene we get to see this one suddenly, but to me it could have a reason behind and that reason to me could be that the Giant Straw Hat we saw in Pangea Castle once belonged to ROCKS’ captain, who was a giant-like human.

And my guess is, that man actually IS a member of Oars’ family.
    I wanna go as far as stating that man was actually the one that made Roger’s straw hat back in the days, as I see a parallel with THEIR SONS repaying that favor in this particular scene:

Imagine if an Oars who liked wearing straw hats in the past made friends with Roger and gave him one, possibly giving him also the Will of D (maybe Roger inherited his by ROCKS’ captain) and in the future, the son of Roger payed back the favor by crafting one for that captain’s son....

.....now I wonder....who would like to wear giant hats?

Oars’ lineage is my guess for ROCKS’ captain. The only creature Kaido would fear, his old captain.

That’s why Moria wanted his corpse.

What do you think?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  2. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
  3. Gobee129

Gobee129

Bounty Points:
    I actually like this a lot. There'd be a bunch of parallels that way. Whitebeard would then not only have taken in Roger's son (Ace), but also - by extension - Rocks' son (Oars III).

The giant Straw Hat in Mariejois doesn't necessarily have to be the hat Rocks was wearing though, but could be the hat of Rocks' ancestor from the Void Century.

I always voiced my believe for a deeper Kaido Oars connection, mostly based on how similar they look and that Moriah choose an Oars zombie in particular to defeat Kaido. They could be related by blood and by crew history.

However, I will say this though: If Oars III really is the son / grandson of the Rocks captain, then the people at Marineford should have reacted much different to him showing up. They hyped the sh*t out of Luffy & Ace just because they were the sons of 2 infamous legends, so I'd expect them to hype the sweet potatoes out of whoever is the son of Rocks, you know. Though since it was pre timeskip, maybe Oda didn't wanna hint at anything at that time yet.

4. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    Could also be that the Rocks Captain was a mongrel of various mixed bloodlines, erego not a "pure" Oars-class giant, but something in-between that and Kaido in terms of stature. Oars II may have been a crewmate or relative even.

Afterall, the Redbeard moniker was shared by a pair of brothers, two of a quartet of corsair siblings.

Rider, Puppet Master and Suuuuper like this.
  5. MD Zolo

MD Zolo

Bounty Points:
    The theory is possible, but I don't wanna see Rox to be a descendent of Oars. We have had enough giant villains. I mean, even BB has now been gigantified.

Enough is enough. No more giant villain please. Keep Rox at Shank's height.

6. Rider

Rider

Bounty Points:
    he is the freaking mistery prisoners mines...i am telling ya!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 24, 2019, Original Post Date: Feb 24, 2019 ---
    nice one...good topic we needed it
    you know what! the most incredible thing about all this tocks crew is that big mom and kaido were themslf around 20/25 i assume , close to their prime,and still they had a captain who was obviously stronger then them, also that hypes Garp up too by far! ans so roger...i don't remember if was it said whitebeard was on that crew too? i don't think so anyway

Puppet Master and Suuuuper like this.
  7. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    I really hope that Rox is a "classic pirate" like Shanks and Roger

Rider and Sadistic Senpai like this.
  8. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    I foresee good ole Captain John having been a prominent member of the Rocks, if not a human member of the Redbeard Rocks family; I believe Giants and such can randomly give birth to other “races” same as the Fishmen/mermaids, probably either due to sharing a common ancestry and/or cross-breeding between two formely “separate species.”

Anyways, recall Shanks pointing out to Buggy how advantageous his df would prove against knives? Guess how Captain John was noted to haved died after allegedly screwing over his crewmates over a stash of loot?

I think Shanks may actually come from a long line of supposed betrayers...from the Long John Silver of the One Piece World all the way through to this universe’s Judas Scarlet Iscariot..with a lil Marcus Junius Brutus ( or his co-conspirator Gaius Cassius Longinus...hmm hm) thrown in somewhere in the middle.

Shanks’ scar basically = the mark of the betrayer...the Mark of Cain. As inflicted by the corrupted spirit of the Fallen Messiah, now piggybacking within Blackbeard’s body. One of at least two Messianic figures that existed way back in the days leading up to/during the Void Century . One was a benelovent by flawed human Jesus-like figure, the other a demonic-looking Warrior King oni dude with an eerie resemblance to Blackbeard. Maybe add an Oars-like dopey Taoist monk somewhere in the middle ( Rule of Three, Trinity, the Tomoe ). I haven’t settled on all the particulars yet.

Anyways, those are some very broad strokes. For all I know, it could have been different characters playing these roles in their past lives...Buggy for one may have once been more famous than many ( including himself ) realize...and soon to be again lol.

Apart from that, I’ll add one more Biblical referenceby positing that either Captain Rocks or one of his bros is named Peter... as in St. Peter, the Rock of the Church as decreed by Jesus D. Christ.

Suuuuper likes this.
  9. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    If there is a Jesus of One Piece, it is probably Gol D Roger

Rider and Suuuuper like this.
  10. MarineHQ62

MarineHQ62

Bounty Points:
    He's probably hiding under a Rock till the day Lord garp passes, then he comes out crawling again.

Puppet Master and Suuuuper like this.
  11. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    Just a heads up, only Jaiminis translates it as "crewmate". VIZ says "comrades" and Mangastream says "allies".

Konstantis and Suuuuper like this.
  12. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    yeah but when you put it in context with what was said in reverie, they were probably on the same crew

Rider, Puppet Master and Suuuuper like this.
  13. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    I don't know what they were. Just saying there are different translations. Been trying to find a Japanese version but no luck.

Suuuuper likes this.
  14. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    Not in his past life he wasn’t. Many of the heroes of today were the villains of yesterday, and vice versa.

At least that’s what I’m predicting.

Suuuuper likes this.
  15. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    His death was similar to that of Jesus

16. Wishbone

Wishbone

Bounty Points:
    Found it

[​IMG]

17. Ed-Kun

Ed-Kun

Bounty Points:
    Big Mom was holding Rocks in a book. When the book burned, he was released. He’s set to come back now not having aged at all. That’s why Kaido hates Big Mom. She imprisoned the captain.

18. Shanks You

Shanks You

Bounty Points:
    It would be fitting for the one leading Big Mom and Kaido to be monstrous as well.

Puppet Master likes this.
  19. Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Bounty Points:
    Though there’s no evidence at all for this, I can’t agree with this speculation given that Kaido is the one that owns a huge debt to Mama. Probably that’s also why he hates her.

I’d add that maybe this debt (LIFE-long debt) is that once Mama, with her life-giving powers, saved Kaido from the only way he had to suicide. And that’s why he hates her, because from that moment on he could never do that again.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 25, 2019, Original Post Date: Feb 25, 2019 ---
    Blackbeard is not gigantified actually...his size grew as he gained more power. Just like the admirals are taller than vice-admirals, body hyerarchy plays a big role in the one piece world. Luffy is one of the few exceptions that break this rule. Coby grew A LOT in size, due to his power increasing. Even Roger is ‘gigantified’ as you say during his execution, making him a standout on the execution spot.

I’d like to add that we know very few about Oars race, though it’s been stated that some of them could carry islands. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them was a laughing D. playing a big part on the fate of humanity.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 25, 2019 ---
    ....why? He was a ‘normal’ pirate until the end of the Grand Line, then he visited the last island and discovered there that a True History existed and was written in Poneglyphs, so he went back recruiting all the people he needed (Oden etc.) and re-made his journey to find Raftel and One Piece. I really can’t find parallels with Jesus here, and I can’t make a parallel between them just because he was executed...

20. MD Zolo

MD Zolo

Bounty Points:
    That is how Oda explained it. But the truth is that it is complete BS. Oda actually wants to make every fight similar to David and Goliath. Otherwise, Shanks, potentially the strongest Yonkou, would be taller too; Rayleigh as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice