1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory Red Herring - The Failed Recruitment

Just because someone seems like a shoe-in to join the crew doesn't mean they will.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. Awaken Fruit

Awaken Fruit

Bounty Points:
    I know that Pudding won't join the Straw Hats but Oda has something for Carrot because in ch.879 Pedro said to her that her chance will shine. So, be patience for Carrot okay.

2. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    Trust me, I would prefer if Carrot joins. All I wanted to get across with this theory was that she had parallels to Vivi that pointed at Pudding joining instead. It was never meant to be conclusive, none of my theories are, as no one's should be. Fandom theories aren't scientific, they're just speculation. It's just "here's what I think could happen", and then everyone has the right to agree or disagree. You don't know Pudding won't join any more than I know she will. I'm speculating that she might based on past evidence without any personal feelings wrapped up into it. Unless you've personally gone to the future and already read the chapter where Pudding specifically doesn't join, you don't know anything for sure, and neither do I. Stop acting like your predictions are better just because mine don't fit your preference.

Hiken_no_Esu and Naomi Rose like this.
  3. Awaken Fruit

Awaken Fruit

Bounty Points:
    Trust me, I know and we'll wait for the chapters.

4. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    Congratulations on perfecting time travel.

Hiken_no_Esu and Naomi Rose like this.
  5. Awaken Fruit

Awaken Fruit

Bounty Points:
    :lmao: That's funny

6. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    @TheHeroOfSyrupVillage1030
    Thank you very much. May I ask why you rated my theory as "poor" though? You say it's great, but your rating implies you feel it was below average, and I'm just a bit confused by that.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  7. DevilChild93

DevilChild93

Bounty Points:
    Hey I've noticed something, and I have posted in on my previous speculation, but I will explain it here to make it easier for you.

During Romance Dawn, Nami was considered to be the 1st nakama before Zoro, but eventually Nami came after Zoro. Thus, it makes like Nami appeared first before Zoro.

And coincidentally enough, Robin appeared first before Chopper in manga. So if the female recruitment nakama indeed works, the female recruit needs to appear before the next possible male nakama.

The next nakama is Jinbe. But which female appeared before Jinbe? The possible candidate were Hancock & Perona. And coincidentally enough both Hancock & Perona appeared as an antagonist before moving to the protagonist side.

So if the Male Female Male Male nakama pattern is true, there need to be a female character who appeared before Jinbe. But if it doesn't, then Oda just use it as a decoy.

And to think of it, Jinbe hasn't officially joined the crew. So Monet does count as a possible candidate.

Note that the female candidates so far have aide with them, although they were antagonists before.

Vivi has Carue
    Hancock has Salome
    Perona has Kumacy
    Pudding has Rabiyan & Nitro.

Carrot doesn't count because she didn't appear as an antagonist first.

So as the conclusion from Nami & Robin, the female nakama must have the following conditions:

- has been an antagonist
    - worked as the subordinate of the main antagonist
    - worked under antagonist group which has iconic pet with them; Arlong Pirates = Mohmoo; Baroque Works = Banchi; Donquixote Family = Smiley
    - necessary to be a single fighter/doesn't have an aide with them
    - proved to be intelligence
    - I know this last one is a but to far stretched; Nami & Robin are capable of creating "clones" of themselves. Nami uses Fatamorgana, Robin uses her Hana Hana. And since Monet is a Snow DF user, she most likely have the ability to create clones as well.
    - this one is also far stretched; but Nami & Robin has long hair.

It's an interesting notice from me that Vivi has Carue, Hancock has Salome, Perona has Kumacy, Pudding has Rabiyan and Nitro. Even allies like Camie, has Pappugg (although Pappugg is more likely her mentor), and Shirahoshi has Megalo. Carrot doesn't count because from Vivi to Pudding all are former antagonists with long hair.

8. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    @DevilChild93 nami did appear before zoro in the series...she was in the ship which alvida attacked and stole the gold...so she did appear before zoro..
    Also jinbe was also mentioned before Arlong park happened...

9. DevilChild93

DevilChild93

Bounty Points:
    Yes. What I wanted to imply here is physical appearance. Jinbe was mentioned but his appearance was in Impel Down. Nami appeared before Zoro being an official crew, and Robin appeared before Chopper being an official crew.

10. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    I think the aide angle is fairly interesting and can definitely be developed into a full theory.

The part about Nami appearing before Zoro though was sadly only in the anime. Nami didn't rob Alvida's ship in the manga, and other than the color spread in chapter 1, Nami didn't appear in the manga until chapter 8, a whole five chapters after Zoro.

Hiken_no_Esu and DevilChild93 like this.
  11. DevilChild93

DevilChild93

Bounty Points:
    And I would love to see you make a great theory about aide. Even Big Mom has Zeus & Prometheus as aide.

And yes in manga Nami appeared later after Zoro but I believe you do know that there is a color spread of Luffy with Nami, along with Shanks Pirates which speculate that Nami was thought to be 1st nakama instead of Zoro but Oda omitted that suggestion.

12. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    This is your idea, so you should be the one to make it. I believe in you.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  13. Van Reich

Van Reich

Bounty Points:
    What about being motherly?

14. DevilChild93

DevilChild93

Bounty Points:
    I'm not good at creating theories. You have better reputation of creating amazing theories so I give the honor to you :D

15. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    I don't think I'll be able to create it very well knowing that I didn't come up with it. I can be kind of an editor for you if you make it, if you'd like.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 5, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 5, 2017 ---
    Like times that the Straw Hat girls and others have done motherly things? Honestly I can't even think of times that Nami or Robin have done that off the top of my head, at least not prior to joining.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  16. Van Reich

Van Reich

Bounty Points:
    The SH all have unique personalities but still share similarities. Nami and Robin are both motherly despite being near opposites and they also like cute things.

17. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    That's an interesting angle. You should develop that into a theory.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  18. Van Reich

Van Reich

Bounty Points:
    I don't make nakama theories. Anyone is free to use my content for whatever as long as they credit the source.

19. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    I guess that's fair. I'll keep it under my hat.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  20. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    i think every girl likes cute things like how every man likes robots and all.. i would like a girl to join crew who likes robot

DevilChild93 and Tokiro Oumaga like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice