1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory Red Herring - The Failed Recruitment

Just because someone seems like a shoe-in to join the crew doesn't mean they will.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    not sure how i feel about this ....when sanji kicked him when he was trying to get some food...

2. Naomi Rose

Naomi Rose

Bounty Points:
    Yes and Sanji kicks Luffy and the rest male strawhats when they sneak food from the kitchen, a funny ongoing gag. :lmao:

plus look at the realization on bobbins face as he sweats, as he realize he should not have done that,
    [​IMG]
    simple minded like luffy when comes to food, looks like a tipped owl when he falls.plus other owl drawning with the clock show owl drooling at sanji cooking.

Also the wall that bobbins was kicked into, someone mention it was hard as steel, forgot who mentioned it. but bobbins got back up fine like it was nothing? after being kicked hard by sanji into a wall hard as steel.

yes felt same to, but have accepted the possibility of bobbins :kappa:

===

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  3. PurplePandaSage22

PurplePandaSage22

Bounty Points:
    Haha actually my I wanted to give it 4.5 stars instead but I couldn't so I rounded it off to 4 instead lol.Your theory was very good
    a lot better most theories of the fandom.Personally, I do want Pudding to join the crew but my luck in wanting members to join have not gone well(I am a huge Vivi fan lmao)
    I'll be reading through the rest of your theories though
    :yaaa:

Tokiro Oumaga likes this.
  4. DevilChild93

DevilChild93

Bounty Points:
    I also support Pudding being a nakama, but the only downside is that Oda has stated that there is no romance between crew members. It's a pure shonen manga, unlike Bleach / Naruto.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 2, 2017 ---
    So far there is no crew member with same initial letter. Straw Hat has Brook already, so Bobbins is definitely off the record.

5. Naomi Rose

Naomi Rose

Bounty Points:
    You think Bobbins is his real name? I explained the possibility in my theory he might be that character and their name starts with a L or either is Gram,(based of his sword and other owl reference to this name)

will have to see when oda shows it. As other character have used code names, so Bobbin might be his code name, if he is undercover agent or which ever it is, He does not seem to be part of Bigmom kids. so possible cp0 or other.

Remember Crocodile code name was Mr.0 But their name still is a code, As i don't believe there real name is Crocodile either.

closest is sanji/buggy possible foreshadowing their real name, when they cut of saying Croc- which only leaves Odile, which fits with the OP, see how it is?

also Odile ties to swan lake reference and is german/french name, sanji has not met crocodile, and also in the story Odile father was a Giant Owl., as mention before these two are foreshadowed together and already drawn by Oda in other cover hint

Oda has reference Bon-chan to Odette as well. from swan lake story as well.

====

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  6. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    it is a downside....but for a positive reply i would say....it will be similar to how sanji is around girls....i just want to see some pudding bipolar interactions with everyone...even sanji...apart from all blue..said the only reason i am here is for nami( beautiful girls) and not men....well its a joke...but similar to that can happen...and as i mentioned...puddings objective will be uniting all races which can be achieved in raftel or what ever the one piece is(one peace?)....well we know par of AK's objective was uniting people..and BM currently holds that Objective with her not the SH's so i think its appropriate for pudding to inherit that since she is a a victim...and also..well she is a third eye member(i wont be explain why this matters here.. but just think of them similar to preacher/guru's in the past(in AK) who enlightned people and taught them about VOAT and all,,i mean VOAT is a communication platform and communication is the best platform for uniting people..). BM being the pirate of old gen will probably retire and pudding will inherit the will..well it will probably happen after BM learns the truth...and asks pudding to that maybe. ... the stage for her to learn is either WCI or Elbaf...if its Elbaf i believe pudding has to escape from totland for sure.....pudding is just incomplete right now...with her plot so i dont think she will be irrelevant even if she doesnt join the crew...but i hope she joins

7. DevilChild93

DevilChild93

Bounty Points:
    Another possible downside is if she does join, she needs to fit with SBS related miscellaneous like specific color, favorite food, smell, etc. The SBS misc are maybe not too necessary but some fans would fit the next possible nakama with it too.

But so far for now, she has bigger chance to join than Carrot.
    Terrible past? Check. Former antagonist? Check. Fighting style? I bet she is more of a "mental fighter" than "physical fighter". Her memo memo no mi will definitely be useful to psychicly confuse the enemies. But if Monet indeed survives, Pudding & Monet will be at least on par.

I know that some people will say "if Monet indeed survive, she will be irrelevant to the future arc." But it's One Piece. Oda sensei wouldn't make a unique character (especially since Monet is one of a kind) if she doesn't have any relevance to the story. Not to mention that there is a speculation that Monet, is not her real name the same way like Sugar, because Doflamingo Family tend to use codenames as well. But for now Pudding has the best chance to join.

Tokiro Oumaga likes this.
  8. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    i think oda can take care of it....since even for vivi he made a list because of a fans request...and she is not in the ships crew....damn...i feel sad whenever i remember their farewelll...
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 2, 2017 ---
    Also pudding has to be relevant to the story since she is a third eye tribe..and whatever their power is...and if they can really hear VOAT and read phoneglyps..we dont know for certain and even BM doesnt know....oda just put that plot and never looked back at it....so for it to be flushed out she has to be relevant to the story for longer...

9. DevilChild93

DevilChild93

Bounty Points:
    For Vivi, at first I thought she would join and would be on par with Nami. But as the Baroque Works saga started being unveiled & seeing that she didn't do much fighting, it was quite obvious. Having a fighting style that can be developed is one of the most necessary thing to be in the crew permanently.

Some speculation indicated that she would return to the crew, but unless she has wide variety of fighting style, she will most likely be the leader of the Grand Fleet.

10. 4xdblack

4xdblack

Bounty Points:
    Personally, I feel like that Carrot certainly does break the mold... But the breaks the mold a little too much... Like it's almost intentional... Which is what makes me believe that she's meant for something more.. Could that mean possible future recruitment? I believe so, but only Oda will tell.

Nanashi likes this.
  11. Awaken Fruit

Awaken Fruit

Bounty Points:
    Hello, I like to give you reasons why Pudding won't join the SHs and must remain with her siblings.

1. Her past doesn't have her relationship with the Marines, didn't lose her mother, didn't ran away, and doesn't reveal her dream.

2. Her devil fruit is no good as the SHs devil fruits have attacks and their numbers(it can't be changed).

3. Future Opponents: She'll get creamed by the Beasts Pirates, Blackbeard Pirates, and the Marines.

4. WE HAVE ROBIN

5. Don't have a relationship with Luffy only Sanji.

6. Have Nitro and Rabiyan.

7. Her split personality will get in the way and it will get awkward.

Their you have it, so what do you think of it.

12. DevilChild93

DevilChild93

Bounty Points:
    I also think so too. Nitro & Rabiyan are like Carue to Vivi.

13. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    I think absolutely none of those are conclusive evidence in either direction and most of them have pretty simple workarounds.
    1. We don't know her full past yet, so her dreams still have time to be revealed. I don't think the Marines are an important part to the pattern anyway.
    2. Oda is really good at making Devil Fruits without battle applications useful in battle. For example, the Glare-Glare Fruit's power is to grant the user various types of vision, and yet somehow Viola was able to attack with her tears. I can definitely see Pudding fighting using the rolls of film she takes from people. We also saw her producing filaments that forced the targets to experience flashbacks, so who knows what else she can do.
    3. Remember how Nami didn't get an actual fight until Alabasta, and then managed to take out the fourth strongest member of Baroque Works with a literal toy? I think Pudding will be fine.
    4. Saying Pudding is redundant because of Robin would be like saying that Brook is redundant because Franky can play guitar. We simply don't know what else Pudding has to offer yet, but I'm sure she'll have something to allow her to stand out.
    5. She does have a relationship with Luffy, just not a very developed one yet. Also, Robin didn't exactly have a relationship with Luffy beforehand, she'd only interacted with him twice.
    6. I see no reason she couldn't take Nitro and Rabiyan with her, and they could work into her fighting style or somehow help her in whatever position she ends up filling for the crew. Some people say she'd be the lookout if Carrot doesn't join, so flying around on Rabiyan would help her scope out new areas.
    7. Her split personality is her gag, just like Sanji and Brook's perverted nature, Usopp's cowardice, Nami's greed, etc. Personally I find it charming.

Hiken_no_Esu and vikas like this.
  14. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    Rabian is actually my choice...as an alternative to luffy's wish for flying on zeus..which zeus did not allow...Also its a great reference to aladdin..since luffy is dressed like him....but we still havent seen him ride aladdin...

15. Awaken Fruit

Awaken Fruit

Bounty Points:
    You're missing the point,

1. WCI is about to end so we aren't going to see her backstories. Nami and Robin have befriended Marines in their childhood and that's part of the pattern.

2. Pudding fighting using the rolls of film she take from people won't happen and her flashback didn't do any damage. Also, Voila knows one attack and that's Hierro Lagrima: Mekujira(Eye Whale). We have the numbers in the SHs: Gomu Gomu no Mi:5.6, Hito Hito no Mi:1.10, Hana Hana no Mi: 8.7, and Yomi Yomi no Mi: 4.3.

3. But the Beasts Pirates Zoans, Blackbeard and his crew takes devil fruits, Vice Admiral, Admiral, CP0, and Fleet Admiral theres no way she can take them on.

4. The SHs needed Robin to reach Raftel and must achieve her dreams. So, Pudding will be taken by CP0 or Blackbeard.

5. Every person must have a connection to Luffy and he helps them and they help them. Like Nami asks Luffy to take out Aloung and Robin asks for his help to rescue her from CP9, so Pudding didn't asks Luffy anything. Also, like @4xdblack theory said a newcoming must meet all the Straw Hats but Zoro and the others are in Wano so she won't be meeting them.

6. She need them to get around like Vivi has Carue and so when she leave and find Lola on her own she needs the both of them. Also, a person must stand up both day and night to be a lookout so Carrot is available not Pudding.

7. Her gags will be boring.

8. Her Birthday is June 25th and it didn't appear in this:
    [​IMG]

9. Her color, we have Pink and Purple already.

Last, She looks like Nami.

16. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    Clearly you're set in your ways and nothing I say is going to convince you, so I wash my hands of this.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  17. Awaken Fruit

Awaken Fruit

Bounty Points:
    Don't you see what I'm getting you to see, Pudding isn't joining.

18. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    I see what you're saying, but none of your points hold any water to me, just as mine don't to you, so this argument is moot.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  19. Awaken Fruit

Awaken Fruit

Bounty Points:
    Dude just admit that Pudding isn't joining.

20. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    I admit that she might not join, which is the stance I've taken all along, but the chances are far from zero.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice