1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory Red Herring - The Failed Recruitment

Just because someone seems like a shoe-in to join the crew doesn't mean they will.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    Tokiro Oumaga submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

Red Herring - The Failed Recruitment - Just because someone seems like a shoe-in to join the crew doesn't mean they will.

Click here to read further...

Hiken_no_Esu and Gray D. Thomas like this.
  2. Walreyn

Walreyn

Bounty Points:
    Robin is no way the same as pudding.

Robin didnt piss luffy to the same extent as pudding.

Pudding did was worse than robin did.

Robin was redeemed when she helped luffy and establish a bond between her amd luffy who ultimately the one who decides who will join.

Unlike robin, for pudding, there s no chance for her to redeem herself to luffy as she didnt helped him directly and she s only going crazy for sanji.

3. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    I think you're underestimating just how forgiving Luffy can be.

4. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    dude....luffy saw robin as the one who killed igaram...how is what pudding did worse than hers..and moreover which one is worse or not doesnt matter for the point...

Tokiro Oumaga likes this.
  5. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    Thank you for taking care of this, I wasn't feeling up to getting into it.

6. Walreyn

Walreyn

Bounty Points:
    yeah thanks for reminding me that,

Point still stand though, pudding wont be redeeming herself by going crazy over sanji nor will make her a strawhat
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 30, 2017 ---
    Forgiving is not equal to joining though

7. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    thats what you think...but its obvious she is getting redeemed infact she already saved luffy and co by jusst making the decision to save them...from getting away from seducing woods...and even if you compare the situation...what pudding is doing right now vs what robin did....puddings scale is much bigger...she saving a lot of people...just think if pudding was not an ally SH would already be dead in seducing forest, no cake nothing...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  8. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    Tokiro Oumaga updated Red Herring - The Failed Recruitment with a new update entry:

Pudding Saves the Crew

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  9. Walreyn

Walreyn

Bounty Points:
    The wud that be enough in the eyes of luffy, all sh who joined established bond with luffy even after redeeming themselves from bad deeds.

Where s luffy pudding bond? I cant see anything,only thing to me ispudding going gaga over sanji, sanji doesnt decide who will join though

10. SteelSkull

SteelSkull

Bounty Points:
    I like your evidence in all, but do you thin kit's possible Oda's subverting his own trend? I mean, he's done it before (Franky) and he's bound to do it again.

It's cool that you found evidence of Carrot basically being "New World Vivi", though I feel that's Momo TBH, Carrot's placement just seems fishy to me. I mean, Pedro who tagged along had so many things going for him that overshadowed Carrot's chances, which is probably one reason Oda killed him off so he could fill a roll to basically be like Ace.

Pudding also has the elements of being a potential SH, but I could just as well see her pulling a Vivi and staying behind to protect the Straw Hats from Big Mom or something along the lines where she stays on WCI

Honestly, at this point, its's going to be either Pudding or Carrot as a future Straw Hat and this feels like a Franky situation all over again.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  11. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    When you say a Franky situation, do you mean how Paulie looked like he was going to join? Because if that's what you mean, I totally agree, Paulie was a complete misdirect, but if you mean that Franky wasn't a parallel to Usopp, I have to disagree. They both formed their own gang, were more or less disliked by the people, had strange noses and were introduced in arcs where the primary concern was the need for a ship. The main difference is that while Usopp was just an annoyance to his village, Franky was a menace, and his gang was a real one rather than a play one.

I do agree though that Oda could easily subvert the patterns at any time. That's actually kind of what I'm expecting, but that's not what the theory was about; I wanted to talk about what the pattern does suggest, and if I went around saying "but it could be a misdirect" for every single theory, then my conclusions wouldn't really amount to much.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  12. SteelSkull

SteelSkull

Bounty Points:
    Was playing Devil's Advocate in this instance, and I'm glad for your response, most of the time I just get people yelling at me for not agreeing with them so your thoughts were a nice change of pace.

Tokiro Oumaga likes this.
  13. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, a lot of the time I get people just saying "you're wrong" either without giving clear enough evidence or completely wrong evidence as to why, so I appreciate your comment. You posed it as an alternate possibility rather than an outright dismissal of my argument, allowing for critical discussion rather than just a pointless argument. Thank you for that.

Hiken_no_Esu and SteelSkull like this.
  14. Naomi Rose

Naomi Rose

Bounty Points:
    My two cents on carrot and why i ignored her from my own research, don't get me wrong....she adorable.

but looking into other stuff in my own research I came across this bit on Carrot, possible hint to Carrot fate...and no one else found this, though expect to see someone copypast with no originally and claim they found it, if that person does, do link back to who said it first! Thanks.:kappa:

Luffy was never evil to begin with, so perhaps in wano or whole cake Carrot will join this said person, who starts of bad, but slowly he changes and becomes good character,as seen Carrot is caring and sweet go lucky character, I'm sure her influence and kind nature will help with this process.

Anyways, I saw your theory on female pattern

summery was

sitting and looking down, and how they meet luffy? is one of the traits.

My take on female pattern is similar to Nami/Robin

Female is introduced first, then she leaves around the time the new Male joins

Nami-Sanji(New Male)
    Robin-Franky(New Male)

It only after the male joins and helps chasing the new female Nami/robin is when the Fully join afterwords.

I feel Pudding at least would need to leave or run away and follow pattern as Nami/Robin

Jinbei i feel is like brook in joining, so that leaves the new female to join, then the next male.

15. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    It sounds like you have the makings of a theory there, so if you're worried someone's going to steal it, why don't you write it up before they do? You might need to develop it a little more, but I think you're probably onto something there.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  16. Naomi Rose

Naomi Rose

Bounty Points:
    have had people do that to me in the past, which i just :rolleyes: The copy paste is strong with them :kappa:

But honestly not feeling it, if you like go for it, but mention me :pggrin:

but seriously, I think new female will link to celestial dragons, which give us a double arc. to conclusion of first meeting them and then learning there story after.

Also

Nami-was a slave to Arlong
    Robin-also was made into slave before time skip, plus with her past the government wanted her dead. No freedom to live her dream until Luffy freed her from that fate.

So slave/lost freedom aspect Nami/Robin both had..and i know for sure in future we get arc with celestial dragons.

Luffy always fights to save the next female freedom, Nami/Robin, so female with past to them would fit perfect with that pattern as well.

17. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    By that logic, wouldn't Pudding be a perfect parallel as a slave to Big Mom's will and not having the freedom to live or love as she chooses?

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  18. Naomi Rose

Naomi Rose

Bounty Points:
    I see what you mean, but sadly Pudding is now Pulling a Hancock moment, feels Oda gonna make her into Funny love interest

Both hancock and pudding started out hating both Luffy/Sanji then fall madly in love with them...sigh

Also slave aspect is similar to Violet where she was used as a pawn to doflamingo etc but she did not join.

Those two traits combined with Lovey dovey/similar to Dressrose Viola,Hancock is what makes me think Oda won't do it.

===

19. Tokiro Oumaga

Tokiro Oumaga

Bounty Points:
    I see what you mean, but I kind of feel like Pudding's tsundere infatuation with Sanji, being so unique in the One Piece narrative, is meant to be her gag as a member of the Straw Hats.

That said, I do think there's a distinct possibility that she won't join, and that is simply that she is a three-eyes and will likely awaken the power to read the Poneglyphs. Since the Straw Hats already have someone who can do that, Pudding would be redundant on their crew, but if she came to be obsessive over Sanji after Big Mom's downfall, there is the possibility that Pudding would join Blackbeard, who still has no way to read the Poneglyphs or reach Raftel. That's not my idea, by the way, it came from another theorist a few months back, but I can't remember who said it.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  20. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    one of the personal reasons why i want pudding to join the crew is....thanks to monet...i was facinated by moets loyalty to DD in punk hazard her death scene was heart breaking for me....and her final message gave me the sense that DD might be an anti hero.....but damn he was just an evil kid from the start....then we learn about sugar her baby sister and how DD saved them from a bad environment.... i always wondered why monet was so loyal to such a bad guy....but her past and her sister factor made it easier to understand....she is greatful to the peron who saved her sister and herself and for that reason she will serve them whoever they are .whether they are a god or devil...At that time i wished only if it was SH's who saved monet it would have been wonderful....and she will be one of the most reliable crewmate.....
    The same kind of situation is here..ofcourse pudding is forced bad association since its her family..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice