1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Debunked Rebecca's Father [Toy Soldier] Is A Dwarf

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Divvens, Dec 14, 2013.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Yes, I know what you are thinking. "Div, what are you smoking?" But listen to what I have to say, I read the Dressrosa chapters again and concentrated on this topic trying to pick up hints. Rebecca's Father [Toy Soldier] is originally a Dwarf, not a human. First thing first, let's get some presumptions and misconceptions out of the way.

Toy Soldier Is Riku's Son... NOT!
    The first presumption all fans make is that Toy Soldier is the son of King Riku. This is currently unconfirmed, neither has Toy Soldier himself mentioned it, neither has it been mentioned in the past that he was Riku's son. At the same time, I believe Rebecca's mother Scarlett is Riku's daughter (royalty), look at his second daughters name -- Viola (Violet). Both of them have a name that is also a color, isn't it more than a co-incidence? I believe, King Riku has two daughters, thus making Toy Soldier not his son.

Rebecca's Father Was Turned A Toy The Day Doflamingo Took Over Dressrosa
    We all know that no one was a toy before Doflamingo appeared, and Rebecca's father was turned into a toy the day Doflamingo successfully carried out the coup. In the following panel from One Piece Chapter 721, we see Rebecca's father, with both his legs present -- he also has a coat covering him. We already know of his appearance, why hide it?

[​IMG]

Also note the wordings, "Who's this shrimp!!" -- they do not say "who is this toy" or anything alike. There can only be one reason to hide his appearance back then, the readers aren't supposed to know whats under the cloak. After his little fight against Doflamingo's crew, he lost a leg as well as was turned into a toy, after which Rebecca completely forgot about his existence as her father. The Toy Soldier also knew who turns people into toys, he stated that the current "location/position" of Sugar was informed to him by the scouts, but he originally revealed that Sugar is the person turning people into toy's, he also referred to the user as a "she" before actually taking her name.

[​IMG]

Leo Mentions Toy Soldier As "Captain"
    We know that the Tontatta Kingdom has it's own army and hierarchy -- and Leo called Toy Soldier as "Captain"

[​IMG]

While he could possibly be given the "Captain" title as a honorary title for being a part of the rebellion, I think he was originally a officer of the Tontatta Army and that is his rank within it.

King Riku Didn't Accept Scarlett's Relationship With A Dwarf
    If we consider Scarlett as a daughter to Riku, maybe Riku didn't accept that she had a relationship with a Dwarf (and marriage). He didn't see her as her "own" daughter anymore. However nice King Riku was, I could see him getting upset over something like this. He loves Rebecca, yes, because she is her granddaughter and also a human, but I think in general he didn't accept Scarlett and Toy Soldier as family once they decided to marry. Toy Soldier also ignored Usopp's direction question to him, and didn't reveal if he was actually Riku's son or not.

[​IMG]

Toy Soldier also said "Viola at that time was the princess" while speaking about the past, let's do some basic math. Scarlett was definitely elder to Viola, she had a child, meaning that Scarlett had to be the "princess". But if we presume that King Riku didn't accept her anymore after she had a relationship with a Dwarf, Viola being the princess makes sense.

[​IMG]

Rebecca's Speed Trait
    Speed is seen to be a trait of the Dwarves, Toy Soldier trained Rebecca. Rebecca is known for her "speed", the imprisoned gladiators were surprised that Rebecca lost in a game of speed against Luffy. Luffy has gained that speed via training, and his Color of Observation Haki gives him a upper hand, but what if speed was in Rebecca's genes? Due to her father being a dwarf, she inherited speed naturally and can grow a lot more in speed.

This is all speculation after all, it can be right, it can be wrong, but for now this is what I think :p

2. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Theory makes a lot of sense. My main and frankly only confusion is that Rebecca looks 100% human. Her being known for speed isn't enough for me. If that's the case she should be known for strength as well as we've seen. Someone like Oda, the daughter of a dwarf and a human in my opinion he would make her look different. Other than that, I can't question any of the theory :)

Arnie Birds, Yamuraiha, MDN and 3 others like this.
  3. MDN

MDN

Bounty Points:
    Everything you said is quite plausible but as Krasse said Rebecca looks 100% human and as for him not being a toy in his first hooded appearance then Rebecca would not have been able to remember him making that appearance. Also before it was revealed that the Toy Solider was Rebecca's dad I said I thought he was because of this picture;
    http://2.bp.blogspo****m/-FfC7fgMyseA/Ui8latJiSvI/AAAAAAAANyc/3fWwLBz8yjc/008.png?imgmax=2000

In the picture the table has 3 seats even though there is 4 sides which gave the impression the table was set for 3 people and maybe the Toy Solider was actually sitting there but Rebecca obviously couldn't remember that anymore, but the important part about it that relates to this topic is that the seat itself would be too small far a dwarf to actually sit at the table.

Death72 and Divvens like this.
  4. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Yea, I cannot explain why she is 100% human, that is one real big flaw in my theory.

But why would they refer to him as a "little shrimp" rather than a "toy" or something similar, if in his hooded appearance there he was already a toy?

Good spot with the seats, indeed. I'll go through that chapter and see if I can find more hints like that about a third person being included (and then getting possibly removed from her memories due to turning toy).

Death72 and MDN like this.
  5. MDN

MDN

Bounty Points:
    Well in the world of OP people are quite tall and the SH's a small in comparison. In the past few chapter's we have seen the Toy Solider is considerably smaller than Usopp, so him being called 'shimp' in toy form is not to unthinkable.

Death72 likes this.
  6. Onuard

Onuard

Bounty Points:
    This is a pretty cool theory, especially when you watch Usopp imply that he was the prince and Toy Soldier just talks right over him (which I thought was a little suspicious when first read it).

It could be something like Shirahoshi and her parents - she clearly got her father's size, whereas her brothers got orohime's size?

Anthony, Divvens and Hasashi like this.
  7. Hasashi

Hasashi

Bounty Points:
    as much as I think this is a great theory, I don't think toy-soldier should be taken too lightly. Faces one of the strongest guys of DD family, - in toy form!- makes it back alive, carrying an adult woman. (at the cost of a leg)

you pointed out the fact that Rebecca and her mother didn't live at the castle, ignorign usopp (did King Riku have a problem with their relationship?)
    and the speed trait
    That makes this a good theory for me

BTW, did you find him to display any typical 'dwarve-like behaviour'?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    Divvens likes this.
  8. Shadowgreed

Shadowgreed

Bounty Points:
    New Member Here
    In my opinion the toy soldier is Kyros, who was turned into a toy before Doflamingo started his plan due to the immense power that he posses and Doflamingo might have seen him as the only one on Dressrosa who could actually stand his ground against him. They called him a shrimp because they can not see whose under the cloak and the speed on the toy soldier is actually a move called "Jet Walk" also the little people call him captain because they know who he really is and the capabilities that he posses.

Rolight, MDN, Hasashi and 3 others like this.
  9. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    I thought of that, since Kyro's being Rebecca's father is a popular theory, although in Chapter 705, Rebecca says Kyro's has been gone for 20 years, while Doflamingo's Revolution just started 10 years back. If Kyro's was Rebecca's father, then he has been gone for 20 years.
    [​IMG]

King Riku states in Chapter 728, after the other people with him down there were turned into toys that he had the same feeling "10 years back" -- which makes me feel he forgot someone 10 years back for being turned into a toy not 20 years back.

It doesn't prove that Kyro's isn't Rebecca's father, but I think the 20 years of inactivity is what makes me doubtful about it.

Thanks, and indeed, Shirahoshi's size is something that amazes all fans, as in how did Otohime give birth to her and such!

No exactly "dwarf like behavior", I'll go through the chapters once again paying extra attention to toy soldier's parts :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Death72 likes this.
  10. Shadowgreed

Shadowgreed

Bounty Points:
    There's a simple explanation for that. The memory lost effect, If you see a statue of a person that you don't know nothing of but yet he's been labeled as a great person in your country, you will start asking questions about who this guy is and a member of the family can tell you whatever they want, so I think that the 20 years thing was just a lie that was made up in order to keep the people shut about it since too much talk might end up triggering some unwanted memories as seen with this citizen.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
  11. Hasashi

Hasashi

Bounty Points:
    i've got it, kyros -> kyro -> ryko -> Riku! It's like Shutter Island, this whole arc is based on shutter island!

No, but I think the main problem here really seems to be that Rebecca and mom didn't live at the palace.

We assume Scarlet was the daughter of Riku. After her husband was changed into a toy, why would a princess live outside the palace with her daughter?

that fruit is weird; losing memories of a person... you forget your wife, but having a child makes perfectly sense. I think we can keep compare that; rather than complete memories being destroyed = 'pictures completely destroyed', it is more like a specific person is overlooked in the memory = 'the person is blurred in all the pictures'

I think this way it makes kinda more sense, that Scarlet lived outside the palace (if she lived there before her husband was turned into a toy)

But the fruit works as you'd exp;
    Chinjou -> forgets grandsons = wishing he had grandsons, cause chinjou is the commander of his navy again
    King Riku -> forgets Kyros = ''feels the same'' ; wishing he had offspring to inherit his kingdom? that's the only way you can interpret what he said. Cause Riku has to forget about the grandsons too.

This means that having toy-soldier being turned into a toy, whether he was kyros or not, brought about a feeling in Riku being depressed he had no heir to the throne.
    So, maybe Scarlet isn't Riku's daughter after all?
    Explains, why after toy-soldier was turned into a toy Viola became heir to the throne.
    While clearly being younger than Scarlet (who was the wife of prince Kyros :faceplam: ... ugh doesn't feel right.. thats enough, im done :sour:)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  12. Donquixote Doflamingo

Donquixote Doflamingo

Bounty Points:
    Isn't it obvious that he is Kyros?

13. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    It's not that obvious, some people thought Ricky (Riku) was Kyros lol. I'm keeping my mind open, but the timeline is what messes me up on Kyro's case.

14. Hasashi

Hasashi

Bounty Points:
    @Divvens the timeline isn't actually the problem; Kyros stops gladiator fights (why? don't know) around the time he meets Scarlet (around 20 years ago), which makes sense considering Rebecca could be around that age. After that he (is in the army), lives a family life with his wife and daughter... for some reason in the flower fields and not in the palace!?... like @Shadowgreed said, it makes sense DD family takes the powerful Kyros out first by turning him into a toy.

what really messes it up is that Scarlet should have been first in line for the throne and they should've lived in the palace.
    Why didn't they live in the palace and why wasn't Scarlet first in line? Does it have something to do with Kyros having to stop being a gladiator?
    It doesn't seem like the Riku didn't accept the relationship (doesn't fit his charachter and he has good memories with Rebecca ''big happy royal family'' ). I don't see how a gladiator marrying a princess could affect that, perhaps that has something to do with Kyros/toy-soldier ignoring usopp's question.

Arnie Birds likes this.
  15. Donquixote Doflamingo

Donquixote Doflamingo

Bounty Points:
    They've thought of that before the name of the Riku Royal Family was revealed.

The Toy Soldier taught Rebecca to fight without a shield like Riku did and Kyros was only seen with a sword.

Plus Kyros not being present in the events during Doflamingo's takeover and Toy Soldier being turned into a toy before even that higly suggests that the Toy Soldier is Kyros.Also you should pay attention to what Riku says here.

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Kyros.

Hasashi likes this.
  16. Hasashi

Hasashi

Bounty Points:
    ahh, I read another translation and interpreted what Riku says completely wrong. He means the feeling he just went through himself, was one he had experienced 10 years ago.
    always thought he meant, he felt the same like Chinjao which has additional implications, and actually doesn't make sense

---
    and I think I was looking too much into toy-soldier ingnoring usopp's question... doesn't mean it's necessarily suspiscious in the sense that it hints to something that happened in the story. Instead it could be Oda, just directly hinting at us; ''who is this guy?''

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  17. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Yea, he says 10 years back but Kyros is said to be inactive since 20 years. There's still "remembrance" of the gladiator Kyros for a time span of 20 years by all in Dressrosa. But as we've seen, once someone is turned into a toy all memories are gone. So how do they know he went inactive 20 years back exactly?

Rebecca's father was turned into a toy 10 years back yes, when the Donquixote Pirates took over, but was Kyros then living with his family for 10 years, and then the question of why Scarlett wasn't considered the princess/didn't live in the palace.

The whole Kyros issue is confusing to me, it's been a famous theory that he is Rebecca's father (Toy Soldier), the possibilities are indeed still open since we know nothing about Toy Soldier or Kyros.

18. Donquixote Doflamingo

Donquixote Doflamingo

Bounty Points:
    The only reason they know of Kyros is because of the statue.If it wasn't for the statue no one would know about him since no one has ever saw him.Which highly indicates that he was turned into a toy.

Death72 and Robert24 like this.
  19. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Yep thats for sure that Kyros has been turned into a toy.

But if Kyros was Toy Soldier, do you think the Donquixote Family would just let him go on and continue without trying to capture him? He is still a nuisance for them after all.

Death72 likes this.
  20. Donquixote Doflamingo

Donquixote Doflamingo

Bounty Points:
    He is still a wanted man,remember?

The police was hunting him and he has a bounty on his head.

Death72 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice