Discussion Random facts about Boku no Hero Academia

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Shanksette, Jul 1, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    I wanted to create a thread about trivia concerning Boku no Hero Academia. I haven't read all the author's other works so I'll probably miss a lot, so don't hesitate to contribute :)!
    • Horikoshi is a One Piece fan. He sent a drawing of Smoker to Oda, that was featured in Usopp Pirates' Gallery in volume 23. Oda noticed it in the volume 77 SBS and encouraged his fans to read BnHA!
    [​IMG]
    • Snipe, the gun hero, appeared in a one-shot that Horikoshi had made before BnHA, called Boku no Hero.
    • The first chapter features people who could be Uraraka's ancestor and Todoroki's ancestors, with a man being able to lift a book without touching it, a person seemingly on fire and a woman seemingly creating ice around her arms.
    [​IMG]
    • In chapter 5 All Might mentions a guy with a tail as quirk. It's a reference to Ojiro Mashirao.
    • In chapter 23 you can see someone without a head. In fact it's a scanlator's mistake since the raw is like this. However there really is a person with a speech bubble instead of his head in class B, as we can see in chapter 26.
    • Uraraka and Mount Lady's roles were switched in the first idea Horikoshi had of his story. Source
    • Kirishima has a scar above his right eye. It comes from the fact that his quirk manifested while he was waking up and rubbing his eyes. Source
    • The director of UA is really a mouse. Only, he manifested a quirk, which is why he behaves like a human. Source
    • The characters are named after their characteristics, so knowing the name of a character gives clues concerning his quirks. Sources (some may contain manga spoilers): here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

More facts here #4 posted by @L o g i a

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  2. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Sweet thread man! I learnt a lot from this :D Where did you find this information?

LogicoftheVI, Soma and Shanksette like this.
  3. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    Thanks! (I'm a girl ^^)
    I tried to put sources as much as possible, most info come from the Fallen Angels' scanlation which I read (I find their work pretty fantastic). Some are just details that I noticed (the one about Horikoshi being a One Piece fan or the one about Snipe) :)
    The ones about Todoroki and Uraraka's ancestors are not confirmed, neither is the one about Ojiro. They're just coincidences that I noticed.
    For the one about the headless person, I was so intrigued that I did some research, and I don't remember where exactly but I found the answer on a forum (probably reddit) :)

Furthermore, a Grand Characters Databook has been published, which I don't have, but there are probably a lot of interesting information in it!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    LogicoftheVI, Soma and L o g i a like this.
  4. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Oh shit. Let me try again!

"Sweet thread sistaaaah! I learnt a lot from this :D Where did you find this information?"

A couple of other interesting facts:
    • Deku and Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach have the same birthdays: July 15th. This is not a coincidence.
    • Denki was the very first character design that Horikoshi was happy with. However; Horikoshi to this day admits they cannot draw his hair consistently (if you look at all his appearances, it's always slightly different!)
    • Mei Hatsume was originally going to be a Male character
    • Boku no Hero Academia has the record most Manga Volume sales in it's first running year. The record was previously held by One Piece.
    • All-For-One is partly inspired by Darth Vader from Star Wars, according to Horikoshi.
    • Midnight was originally going to be the homeroom teacher for Class 1-A and meant to have a highly comical relationship with the class (especially Mineta Minoru), rather than the serious relationship standing now with Aizawa as the homeroom teacher.

5. Shanksette

Shanksette

Bounty Points:
    Sorry I'm so late in answering this xD
    Thanks for all this info @L o g i a ! I've put a link to your post in the first post :)!

LogicoftheVI, Soma and L o g i a like this.
  6. Cynic Viper

Cynic Viper

Bounty Points:
    Awesome man, I love trivia!

7. Soma

Soma

Bounty Points:
    Nice info!

LogicoftheVI and Shanksette like this.
  8. Gobee129

Gobee129

Bounty Points:
    Very interesting. I'll add a few random facts taken from the BnHA Wiki:

• In the early concept stages, Izuku was known as "Mikumo Akatani". He had a longer and curlier hairdo, with bangs blocking one of his eyes. He was Quirkless in this concept, relying more on makeshift gadgets and luck to deal with obstacles. His hero costume was also slightly more intimidating.
    [​IMG]
    • Izuku's name contains the kanji for "green" (緑), "valley" (谷), "coming out/being from a certain place" (出) and "long ago" (久). "久" is also homophonous to "nine" (九 usually read as Kyū), which refers to him being the ninth user of One For All.
    • Originally, Katsuki was supposed to be a natural born genius, a very kind and gentle character who spoke without thinking and unintentionally insulted others. The author, however, found this original draft to be boring and decided to make him an unpleasant character instead.
    [​IMG]
    • Shoto ranks (only) 5th in Class 1-A's Grades.
    • Shoto's character may be a reference to Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
      • Both have fire abilities.
      • Both have a burn-induced scar over their left eye caused by a parent.
      • Both have a cold and distant attitude but become more open and become friends with the protagonist.
      • Both hate their respective fathers and adore their respective mothers.
      • Both were separated from their mother at a young age.

Thank god this didn't happen.

nemocard likes this.
  9. The Fool

The Fool

Bounty Points:
    I like this thread that talk about trivia's :yaaa:

here some info I read in Omake's in BNHA that may not be tackled in the series:

- this guy [​IMG] is Mr. Miyagi Daikaku his quirk is called Big Horn he cut off one of his horn because it often ends up interfering in news footage or flip camera angles.

- Gun Head quirk is called "Gatling" he can shoot lumps of keratin hardened like fingernails through the barrels like gun that attached to his arm. (Uraraka internship)
    - Fourth Kind quirk is called "Four Arms" he have four arms ( Kirishima & Tetsutetsu internship)
    - Uwabami quirk is called "Serpent Hair" the end of her hair becomes snake that help her to track enemies. ( Momo & Kendo internship)

nemocard likes this.
  10. Gobee129

Gobee129

Bounty Points:
    • Fumikage Tokoyami's family name means "eternal darkness" (常闇 tokoyami). His first name contains the character for shadow (陰 kage).
    • His birthday is the day before Halloween.
    • Kohei Horikoshi commented that Fumikage is an awesome character, but others see him differently.

[​IMG]
    • Mina's design during the preliminary stages of the series was relatively similar to her final design, albeit with a lankier physique. This design also possessed longer, more elaborate horns, visible blushes on her cheeks and slightly longer hair. Because the twisted horns were considered difficult to draw, this design was eventually dropped, with the current Mina design having smaller, simpler horns.

nemocard likes this.
  11. Name Is C

Name Is C Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    The 1,000,000% Delaware Detroit Smash in a nutshell:

Our strength is limited by our nervous system because our body could exert incredible amount of force that would cause a lot of damage to our body (like cracking bones or ripping muscle fibers) so our brain limits our strength (sidenote: we humans can do very fine movements but in other to do so we need more neurons that also allow our nervous system to have better control over our muscles) but in specific situations (like when someone very important to you or when you are in near-death situation) your body produces an overload of adrenalin, the hormon suppresses the limitation of the nervous system and allow you to exert as much force as you can. We know this as hysterical strength.

Ever heard of Dennis Roger, a former world armwrestling champion. A study has shown that he has better muscle accellation and can utilize his nervous system better then a normal human, which gives him superstrength.

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 19, 2018, Original Post Date: May 5, 2018 ---
    I can actually explain how OFA can "store" the "previous users:

In MHA Horikoshi accepts that the concept of lifeforce exists like we saw it with Nejire's Wave Motion quirk or the Vitality Stealing quirk of Rikiya (one of Overhaul's man). Lifeforce is energy, energy equals power. Since OFA is a quirk that stockpiles power, it will also stockpile lifeforce. Lifeforce is a part of our soul, that means that OFA stockpiles "shards" of the users soul. That would mean that even if the user dies, a "shard" of the user still remains. But the user of OFA can only communicate with the leftovers of the previous user, meaning that if Deku talks with All Might's "shard", the real All Might won't know what happened except he gets somehow his "shard" back.

The Fool likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice