Private Ran vs Vera Cruz

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by Charlotte Pepper, Feb 19, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Charlotte Pepper

Charlotte Pepper Roger Big Mom Cracker

Bounty Points:
    -Action/Out of Character-
    Thoughts
    "Dialogue"

-Standing, at about 13 meters tall, amongst an unknown and barren island, Ran lied in wait for the arrival of her challenger, a human revolutionary named Vera Cruz. Arms crossed, Ran was at the center of what could only really be described as a plateau. Completely barren of all life, the plateau's rocky surface flattened out in the shape of a circle 100 meters in diameter leaving no coverage on along the plane. At 2600 meters above sea level the wind continuously howled as it kept Ran's hair in motion. It was obvious that very few would survive a fall from this height much less climb back immediately afterwards. Well knowing this fact, Ran made sure she was fully on guard while facing towards the south of the island, and every now and again glancing both to the left and right.-

Stats:

Level 40

Giant, Race Boosts:
    +8 Strength, +7 Vitality, -2 Mind

Total Points:
    40 x 5 =200
    Strength: 28+32=60

Speed: 54
    Movement: 52
    Reaction: 58

Vitality: 21+28=49
    Durability: 48
    Stamina: 50

Mind: 38-8=30
    Navigation: 60

Haki: 55
    Observation Haki: 60
    -Precog
    Armament Haki: 50
    @Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera likes this.
  2. Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera Cracker Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Name: Vera Cruz
    Epithet: "Nailing" Vera
    Affiliation: Revolutionary Army
    Devil Fruit: N/A
    Bounty: N/A
    Race: Human
    Date of Birth: N/A
    Height: 168 cm
    Level 48
    48x5=240

Strength: 60+12=72

Speed: 60+12=72
    72x2=144
    - Reaction: 72
    - Movement: 72

Vitality: 60+12=72
    72x2=144
    - Durability: 72
    - Stamina: 72

Haki: 24
    24x2=48
    - Armament: 24
    - Observation (Precognition): 24

Martial Arts: 36
    36x2=72
    - Nailing Style: 72
    Narration
    "Speech"
    "Thoughts"

As Vera worked her way to the top of the plateau by the means of a rocky, rather rough stairway that was dangerously overseeing the ocean, she kept thinking about her opponent. At all instants, however, the powerful wind that blew around that day threatened to make her lose her balance and fall off the cliff. "Ran, the giantess from the Backyard Pirates, huh? Let's see... So she took part in the Whiskey Peak massacre? This is hardly surprising, coming from a heinous pirate... After all, pirates are what I most despise, above all..."

A fit of inner rage and anger took over her and she shuddered as she started reminiscing the events from ten years ago. Flames everywhere, growing higher than buildings. Suffocating heat, that would scorch your insides just by breathing. And screams. Countless screams, that howled around Vera, sucking her into a vacuum of terror and death.

Back to the present, only the wind was howling at her now, but it was no less dangerous. Indeed, losing herself in her thoughts had made her less careful, and she tripped over a rough step, falling face forward off the stairway and into the void and letting out a high-pitched cry! "Kyaaaaah!!" Making a desperate attempt, she swiftly drew out her rapier and stabbed it into the massive wall of rock. Although the blade threatened to bend under her weight, it did not break and Vera could safely return to the stairway. Regaining her breath, she stood there for some time before continuing her trek to the top, more cautious than ever and minding her every step.

Some time later, after a difficult and hazardous walk, Vera finally emerged at the top, which consisted of a large, barren plateau. Not long after having scanned the area, she managed to spot her opponent – not that she was easy to conceal, given her sheer size, but the wind that was continuously whipping Vera's eyes had made it more difficult than it should have been. Truth to be told, the giantess was sticking out like a sore thumb in this deserted environment. Immediately drawing out her rapier, Vera called out to her opponent from the bottom of her lungs. "You, there! You must be Ran, yes? Then I believe I've got some business with you!! At last we meet... Come at me if you dare, you despicable pirate!!..."

Charlotte Pepper likes this.
  3. Charlotte Pepper

Bounty Points:
    -Ran witnessed as Vera emerged at the top of the plateau before suddenly drawing out her weapon. Vera appeared to be yelling something, however the strong winds were making it difficult for the message to travel to its intended recipient.
    "You, "business" "At last" "despicable pirate!!..." was all she could hear and yet it was all that she needed. Those words conveyed quite clearly that Vera had an intense hatred for pirates.-

This girl. She appears to be quite young doesn't she. If I was to take guess she probably went out to sea after having a terrible personal experience with pirates. How sad, I can only sympathize how much pain this one much feel, not only from what you must've lost but from the very fact you will never truly forget the pain you've experience. However, if I were to end her suffering I should goad her away from the edge first.

-In response to Vera's challenge, Ran uncrossed her arms only to turn her head away from Vera in a dismissive fashion. To further make sure the message got across, the giantess started turning to her left as she was going to leave.-

Don't worry child. I shall end your suffering soon enough.

Aloe Vera likes this.
  4. Aloe Vera

Bounty Points:
    Level 48
    48x5=240

72x2=144

72x2=144

24x2=48

36x2=72
    Narration
    "Speech"
    "Thoughts"

Vera's eyes had now acclimated to the violent gusts that were blowing on the plateau, preventing any greenery to take root, and making the place as barren and arid as possible. She quickly determined the distance that separated her opponent from her, being roughly fifty meters. If need be, she would be able to close the distance in less than an instant. Firmly gripping her rapier's handle with both hands, and assuming a defensive stance, she then waited for the giantess to make her move.

However, Vera was flabbergasted to see her opponent simply turn away from her and walk to the opposite direction, completely ignoring her bravado. "What does she think she's doing, turning her back on the enemy?!... Then she won't know what's coming for her!..." Gathering her strength, she aimed her rapier at Ran's back and thrusted a powerful air slash. Should the piercing blast reach its intended target, it should inflict substantial damage on Ran, on top of showing her why Vera was being referred to as "Nailing"...
    Crossbill Botte (いすかボッテ, Isuka Botto, literally meaning "Crossbill Thrust")
    Requirements: 21 Strength, 21 Movement Speed and 21 Mastery (31 Mastery for Air Slash)
    DPR: C (+1)
    Description: While propelling herself forward, Vera aims the tip of her rapier at her opponent and delivers a powerful piercing thrust. When used as an air slash, the technique sends a compressed air bullet at the opponent. This is Vera's signature technique, and is named after her master (since Isuka means "crossbill" in Japanese).

For good measure, Vera coated her rapier with Invisible Haki and also proceeded to get closer to her opponent. If the air slash didn't work as intended, she would then ensure it herself by attempting another Crossbill Botte, made more powerful thanks to Haki, at the giantess's back.
    Crossbill Botte (いすかボッテ, Isuka Botto, literally meaning "Crossbill Thrust")
    Requirements: 21 Strength, 21 Movement Speed and 21 Mastery (31 Mastery for Air Slash)
    Description: While propelling herself forward, Vera aims the tip of her rapier at her opponent and delivers a powerful piercing thrust. When used as an air slash, the technique sends a compressed air bullet at the opponent. This is Vera's signature technique, and is named after her master (since Isuka means "crossbill" in Japanese).

5. Charlotte Pepper

Bounty Points:
    -Ran, amidst her façade, hadn't completely dropped her guard, while not readily apparent, the giantess had left her neck slightly twisted to the right as a means to maintain the revolutionary within her peripheral vision as much as possible. It was when she notice a sudden blur of movement that prompted the giantess to spin back around hoping to surprise her opponent. However, instead she was greeted by compressed air rocketing towards the pirate at an intense speed. Screeching through the air, the force of the projectile created a barely audible, yet high-pitched, shriek as it broke through the rapid winds above the plateau.-

"Tch."

-Coating her right arm with invisible CoA, Ran swung her appendage at the air bullet. Colliding against her limb with a loud pop, the attack dissolved back into the winds but not without leaving a small hole in her jacket sleeve and dark bruise on her pale skin.-

Seems I've misjudged you. You seemed like the type to lose their composure and suddenly rush in. Oh well, since you have some long range attacks amongst your arsenal, I can't let myself be scared off by something as silly as heights.

-Bending both legs, Ran hurtled towards Vera. As she approached her opponent, the pirate activated her CoO as well as moving the invisible CoA from her arm to her left foot that the giantess proceeded to slam down in attempt to crush the revolutionary.-

Aloe Vera likes this.
  6. Aloe Vera

Bounty Points:
    Level 48
    48x5=240

72x2=144

72x2=144

24x2=48

36x2=72
    Narration
    "Speech"
    "Thoughts"

As she was closing in on the giantess, Vera was taken aback by her formidable velocity. "So big... Yet she can be that fast?!", the young girl muttered under her breath as she witnessed Ran block her airborne Crossbill Botte, before attempting to crush her under one of her colossal feet.

Breaking her momentum at a moment's notice, Vera executed a forward roll in order to dodge the incoming lump of flesh, rolling past Ran as her foot slammed down with force, fissuring the ground. Because she still retained some speed, Vera then slid accross the ground on a few more meters.

Getting up, she was now positioned roughly eight meters behind the giantess's back. As she regained her breath, Vera thought of activating her Observation Haki, so as to avoid any other bad surprises in the near future.

"And here I thought Giants were all sluggish... Haaaa, I should have known better! Serves me right, I guess!!"
    , she declared to her opponent, even letting out a small laughter of irony. "However... I believe there is something I wasn't mistaken about... You are Ran the Turquoise Giant, aren't you?", she asked the giantess, lifting up her blade in a menacing fashion, and staying at the ready for any counterattack as she waited for her reply.

7. Charlotte Pepper

Bounty Points:
    -The ground quaking underfoot, Ran turns around to avoid losing track of her foe and faced the revolutionary.-
    -Now that Vera was finally in audible distance the giantess finally responded to her-
    "I'd say the same to you young child. Sneaking under my foot even after being caught off-guard, I'd say you're pretty quick yourself. Also, to answer your question why yes. I am Ran. What about it?"
    -Watching Vera carefully, Ran released her invisible CoA on her foot.-
    "By chance have I caused past harm to you? Or are you here to claim vengeance on the behalf of others?"

Aloe Vera likes this.
  8. Aloe Vera

Bounty Points:
    Level 48
    48x5=240

72x2=144

72x2=144

24x2=48

36x2=72
    Narration
    "Speech"
    "Thoughts"

After what had just ensued, Vera was fully aware of her opponent's formidable reflexes; she was henceforth wary of her every move so as not to repeat the same mistake twice. As the giantess turned around to address her, the young girl felt her muscles twitch, and she firmly gripped the handle of her rapier. However, rather than counterattacking, her opponent chose to break the tension and compliment her on her speed, prompting Vera to react angrily, though it clearly ringed hollow... "Whoa, whoa... Don't go around and flatter people like this, you fool! Let me remind you that we're supposed to be enemies!!"

Indeed, her anger was but a façade, and, deep down, Vera was actually ecstatic to hear it from Ran. The latter then ascertained her identity, making the young revolutionary slowly regain her sternness. When the giantess then seemed to ask Vera her motives for challenging her to a fight, she was slightly bewildered. Wasn't it blatant? "Doesn't she know, or is she faking it?" She chose to respond in a way that she hoped would erase any suspicion that she had ever felt flattered by that earlier remark. ."You said it! I'm here to exact vengeance for the Whiskey Peak villagers... The ones you murdered without so much as scruple!! And do not think you can lull me into trusting you with your silver tongue when I am well aware of your deeds!! Come at me, if you even dare!"

With her Observation Haki still activated, Vera was now trying to lure Ran into attacking her headfirst.

9. Charlotte Pepper

Bounty Points:
    The Whiskey Peak Villagers? Ah I see. I didn't search the island thoroughly enough to see if there were any survivors. And now those very same survivors must be suffering the feelings of defeat, shame, helplessness, and the trauma of witnessing their comrades fall in battle in front of them. I was careless.

-Ran tightened her hands into fists and with eyes full of disappointment towards her self, for leaving behind any individuals to suffer, and a hint of sadness for those very same survivors at the thought of what they might be going through in the aftermath of what happened on Whiskey Peak.-

No this won't do at all.

"You were right to seek me out for vengeance. I wasn't meticulous enough and left behind survivors who can only continue their lives filled with pain and sadness from the events on that day. The fact that I didn't finish them off is more than enough reason to seek out vengeance against me. However, I unfortunately can't let you kill me, not quite yet anyways. I have my own targets and only once I take care of them then I'll allow someone to take my head."

-As Ran finished talking she took her right hand, still clenched in a fist, and swung downwards in attempt to completely crush Vera.-

Aloe Vera likes this.
  10. Aloe Vera

Bounty Points:
    Level 48
    48x5=240

72x2=144

72x2=144

24x2=48

36x2=72
    Narration
    "Speech"
    "Thoughts"

As her opponent spoke again, Vera was surprised to hear that the woman she had been chasing down, Ran the Turquoise Giant, wasn't just an exceptional killing machine. As Ran expressed her regrets for not completely exterminating the Whiskey Peak villagers, Vera couldn't help but feel empathy for the giantess... Wait a second? Not at all! "What a twisted logic... So basically what you're saying is that it is better to kill people thoroughly than half-killing them?!! I'm telling you what's best: not to kill them at all!!"

Instantly after Vera had finished lecturing Ran, the latter threw a punch at her. Thankfully, she had activated her Observation Haki, and managed to easily avoid the pretty straightforward, basic attack by leaping to the right. "You deserve a good spanking!!", she then declared as she took another fencing stance; left foot pointing forward, right foot slightly turned to the right. Opening her body to the right, she raised her rapier in the air, before unleashing her Nail's Hail Remise at Ran!! When used as an Air Slash, this technique was known for tearing down everything in its radius of action, which definitely comprised such an easy target as the giantess.
    Nail's Hail Remise (爪のひょうレミス, Neirusu Heiru Remizu, literally meaning "Continued Storm of Nails")
    Requirements: 31 Strength, 31 Movement Speed and 31 Mastery (51 Mastery for Air Slash)
    Description: A wide range technique. Taking a step back, Vera performs a rapid succession of piercing thrusts, in several directions. When used as an air slash, the technique could be compared to a gatling gun that shoots sharp compressed air bullets.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice