Manga Series Radiant

Discussion in 'Manga Library' started by Sakura no Hiluluk, Jul 16, 2016.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. Sakura no Hiluluk

Sakura no Hiluluk

Bounty Points:
    I got my hands on the tome 11 (chapters 77 to 84) and it starts a brand new arc, introduce some very, very interesting characters both as pure enemies and potential allies.

But now I'm sad that it'll be months until we get new chapters :(

By the way, is there translation of the SBS like in the scantrad chapters ? If not, I guess I could try my hand at it, from time to time.

2. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    Chapter 61 is out

3. Sakura no Hiluluk

Sakura no Hiluluk

Bounty Points:
    We have the release date for the next tome (12) : 05/07/2019 (Fifth of July). There will be a new goodies in it, hopefully another small book about the world ?

Hi Shin Unit likes this.
  4. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    The chapter in english is up to 78

Sakura no Hiluluk likes this.
  5. Emperor Cross

Emperor Cross Big Mom Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    That ending tho’ ! I need the 12 right now !

Sakura no Hiluluk likes this.
  6. Sakura no Hiluluk

Sakura no Hiluluk

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, it was punches in the guts at the end of the 11's tome !
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 15, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 15, 2019 ---
    Okay, so I've seen a very interesting theory about Grimm somewhere, and I'll try to write it down from memory.

Basically, the theory is that Grimm is actually one of the real Grimm brothers. At some point in time, his imagination allowed him to write the story of Radiant's world - and even to enter it ! His goal was to get back his wife and for a time, it worked. However, something went wrong, possibly when he tried to bring the wife he had created to the real world. She died again and he was trapped here, becoming a character in his own creation.
    Furthermore, he realized that his blood, which is the only "real" blood in this world made it more real when it was spilled and seeped into the earth and that he needed to prevent it at all cost if he wanted to one day escape.

I honestly don't think it's the story Tony is going for, but I still like that theory, if only because it's really wild.

After having read the tome 11, I also have a theory concerning the world of Radiant. It's huge spoilers to the issue, so be warned, you'll read them at your own risk !

It's confirmed by the Universe's Guide that Radiant's world is a post-apocalypse one. At some point, humans lived below the clouds, on a normal world, but destroyed it due to pollution. At some point, Fantasia was discovered and abused by the first Wizards/Sorcerers/Warlocks, who used it to rule over the normal peoples, and even weaker sorcerers. The legacy of those tyrants live on among the members of the Mesnie, an organization trying to eat out interesting infections - thinks, Blackbeard's Crew but in Radiant and creepier.

The Patrem Inquisitor rose at some point and destroyed most of the Wizards' holds, instating a new order in the Northern-East corner of Pharénos. It was thanks to his discovery of the Miracles, even if we don't know what they truly are yet. I think that the Mesnie tries to gather enough power to take the empty thrones of the ancient Sorcerer-Kings, but they were almost destroyed by the Coven of Thirteen/Thirteenth Coven, prior to the series' start, an organization which seems to gather the strongest Fantasia users in Pharénos.

However , the Mesnie wasn't annihilated and it seems its members are at least able to make use of the monsters living below the surface and I think it hints at some people still living below the toxic clouds. In the series, racism is very important, as seen in Rumble Town, and again in the latest volume out. Sargon and Ininna, from the Far South, reminds the reader of this - and it also was a huge part of the Cyfandir arc. For me, it's a given that Seth and co. will go down there in search of the Radiant and discover survivors who are really twisted physically and serves the Mesnie because they were "saved" by them.

Hi Shin Unit and Emperor Cross like this.
  7. Emperor Cross

Emperor Cross Big Mom Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    I’m really lost, I can’t even predict something because Valente is just too good. After each tome I need to go back and read the previous.

The chara design is awesome and the story is beginning to look really good and it is making me want to quit supporting Reno as the best in France. T^T

Hi Shin Unit likes this.
  8. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    The story is picking up again where I did found the Broom race to be boring but it serve it purpose by reuniting Seth and Taj. Interesting that there aren't just two factions duking it out but a hidden third one.

Radiant is current at chapter 81.. Where are you at @Sixking_gun ?

9. DuttyAsmodeus

DuttyAsmodeus

Bounty Points:
    Loving how the world keeps evolving!!

Emperor Cross and Hi Shin Unit like this.
  10. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    Now that we know there are more than one general.. I wonder who the top brass of the inquisitors?

Emperor Cross likes this.
  11. Sakura no Hiluluk

Sakura no Hiluluk

Bounty Points:
    So far, we only know there is only one Marshal of the Inquisition (in the french version, Ininna tells that "Le Maréchal a convoqué les Inquisiteurs les plus influents de tout le Pharénos...", which indicate that Marshal is a single rank.

However, I think we can expect several factions of the Inquisition : the Thaumaturges around Torque, Sargon and possibly other Inquisitors from the Great South and.or sharing his brand of justice (which seems a lot less extreme than Torque), and hopefully even more kind of Generals and lower-ranked but influential Inquisitors.

Emperor Cross and Hi Shin Unit like this.
  12. Trafalgar Rao

Trafalgar Rao The End Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Radiant Chapter 1

Just read it...so far it's good

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  13. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
    Where are you reading it

14. Trafalgar Rao

Bounty Points:
  15. BossYimz

BossYimz

Bounty Points:
  16. Trafalgar Rao

Bounty Points:
    Welcome

17. Hisoka

Hisoka

Bounty Points:
    Can anyone post me when new chapter starts just caught up really liking iT

18. Sakura no Hiluluk

Sakura no Hiluluk

Bounty Points:
    The next volume goes out the five of July in France. So, I guess that in the following month, the next chapters will be translated ?

19. Hi Shin Unit

Hi Shin Unit

Bounty Points:
    Look above ya..
    --- Double Post Merged, May 11, 2019, Original Post Date: May 11, 2019 ---
    Sweet, cant wait

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice