1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Pedro, The Fallen

Discussion in 'The Theory Archive' started by Putzeh, Jun 28, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Do you think Pedro is a traitor?

1. YES

33.3%
  2. NO

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Putzeh

Putzeh

Bounty Points:
    Hi guys, this is my first ever post on this forum so I figured I would throw out there what I feel has happened to Pedro as he seems to be shrouded in some mystery.

In the latest chapter (c.830) Pedro explains to the crew that he once was part of a Pekoms Pirate crew who served their master Nekomamushi in the search of Poneglyphs but his trip was cut short when he hit Big Mom territory where he says "The truth is, I've fallen here once before". What most people take away from this is they were essentially defeated and as we can tell Pekoms now serves under Big Mom (to an extent). The question is, why doesn't Pedro?

So I looked back a few chapters, when they first arrive in Big Mom territory the minks already on the island call Pedro "Boss Pedro" much like "Boss Jimbei" etc. So this leads me to believe Pedro was also under Big Moms control and those minks are possibly part of Pekmons Crew.

What we also found out is that Alladeen (pardon my spelling) is the second in command to Jimbei and was essentially forced to Marry into the Big Mom crew as did GOTTI from the Firetank Pirates who is also married to a Big Mom daughter. This leads me to believe that maybe "Pedro" also had to marry into the family, since to our knowledge Pekoms is not married (I believe it would have already been revealed).

When we see Pedro and Pekoms first interaction, Pekoms seems very surprised to see Pedro, which is strange if you consider how their bond is explained. They are supposed to be former crew mates, close friends. Why would he be so surprised and why would Pedro want to tag along because of Pekoms "Tendencies". I feel that Pedro who now has a lot more to lose than Pekoms (His wife) was sent to finish the mission that Pekoms failed to follow through.

So here is what I think, here is he summary of my theory.

Pedro is married to one of Big Moms daughters, I wouldn't go as far as to call him a traitor as he does seem to have some sense of honor and be split to where his allegiances are. I take his sentence of "fallen" very seriously in this case, fallen in battle? fallen into despair? fallen in love? Fallen into a situation he cannot escape?

PS : I find this to be quite interesting because when we are first introduced to a member of the charlotte family, Lola, she is in zombie form chasing Absolam (Who can I just say has an uncanny resemblence to Pedro). Foreshadowing maybe? Who knows. All I know is I love Pedro as a character but I cant help but shake the feeling something is up.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  2. L o g i a

L o g i a

Bounty Points:
    Welcome to Orojackson! You can introduce yourself here:
    http://orojackson.com/forums/introductions/

Firstly, while I do like the idea of Pedro having to escape from an organised marriage in the past, or having been married previously, this is little more than pure speculation. If there is anything to support this idea I'd be happy to see it! But right now beyond Pedro's shady past and having a similar relationship with Pekoms (sort of, they aren't in the same crew), there is very little to indicate Pedro was in a political marriage with one of Linlin's daughters.

CP-0 likes this.
  3. Luffy D Dragon

Luffy D Dragon

Bounty Points:
    Believe me everyone is fishy in this arc, especially chopper

Treeko D James and MONET like this.
  4. Putzeh

Putzeh

Bounty Points:
    I wouldn't say this is pure speculation, its deduction done like Sherlock himself!

L o g i a likes this.
  5. CP-0

CP-0

Bounty Points:
    Oh for sure there's something we haven't learned about him, but Oda is so sneaky with sort of thing that I think it'll just be another huge bombshell when he finally decides to reveal it. And we will all feel dumb for not seeing it coming. At least I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice