P.O.P. Pre-Orders – Zoro S.O.C. and Cavendish

Discussion in 'One Piece News Central' started by Mr. Kishido, Jan 30, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

Portrait.Of.Pirates S.O.C. Roronoa Zoro

First revealed at the Autumn MegaHobby Expo, Zoro is the fourth figure in the “Sits On Chair” series. Although in this case, “Sits On Cushion” might be a better name. Measuring approximately 5 1/2 inches high, this fixed pose figure is made from PVC and ABS plastic and comes packaged in two pieces, the figure and the base. The sword does not appear to be removable meaning that this figure takes up a little more space horizontally. Unlike the other entries in the series, Zoro does not have a Western-style chair. The sculptors went with a cushion that matches his Japanese clothing.

read more
    http://onepiecepodcast.com/2017/01/30/p-o-p-pre-orders-zoro-s-o-c-cavendish/

2. Affiliates Guest Advertisement

3. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    It's looks amazing. I haven't seen the other 3, but this one is really beautifully done.

EDIT: Ok, so I checked to see the others ... I'm only a fan of the Sabo one.
    Sanji and Law ... wtf is wrong with you guys. Please button your shirts!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  4. nicolaw_h

nicolaw_h

Bounty Points:
    Hell No.

Why not to show their sexy bodies ??

I hate how straight guys always bash this kind of figure smh.

Ladies and gay men enjoy them.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 30, 2017 ---
    Thanks for sharing @Mr. Kishido . I am really enjoying each one of them :nosebleed:

Cyrenz98 and Mr. Kishido like this.
  5. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    So what now, I'm not allowed to have a negative opinion on anything because some people may actually like that? If something so trivial offends anyone, that speaks volumes about them, not me. Me not liking them doesn't take away anyone's right to enjoy them.

I just don't like fanservice that's uncalled for, be it from female characters or male characters. I despise all fanservice figurines out there for what they are, a money grab.

The figurines for Zoro and Sabo, and even the upcoming Lucci and Marco, were done a lot more in accordance with their characters and I feel like the result is much better. I just don't see the need for them to be unbuttoned and posed like that, when all the other ones are pretty normal, with mild or no fan-service at all.

My sexuality, which you nonchalantly assumed most likely based on gender, has nothing to do with my dislike of the figurines. Give me a shirtless Ace S.O.C figurine and I wouldn't bat an eye, but that's not the Sanji I know. Perhaps I'm reading the manga the wrong way.

Treacle, Mehtare, Cpt-Luffy and 2 others like this.
  6. Turtle

Turtle Vivi

Bounty Points:
    I'm with you. There's been a lot of times where I'd love figures for a certain character only to find most of that character's figures are extremely exaggerated with fanservice. I'm a straight dude but that doesn't mean I want my female figures to have half of their plastic dedicated to the breasts or rear. I just want my figures to be accurate representations of the actual character from the series they're from, not an altered version designed for people that thirst over characters.

Cpt-Luffy and Naito like this.
  7. Naito

Naito

Bounty Points:
    It may be me (I am sure others too) but I treasure those characters. Just how I wouldn't appreciate a bare chested Ben Affleck Batman figurine or a bikini Scarlet Johansson Balck Widow figurine, I just don't want to see overlysexualised One Piece character figurines. The fact that I know there's a human element behind all that, one that exploits all that for money makes it feel a little dirty to me.

I guess it depends on how it's done and I just wasn't a fan of how Sanji and Law were portrayed. Is not that I hate those two in particular, they're alright. I really like how they've done Sanji's pants and shoes, I just don't particularly like the "theme" they went with.

Anyway, we're here to discuss Zoro. I really like the choice to give up the chair for a better matching option. The figurine as a whole has this really cool traditional Japanese vibe to it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Cpt-Luffy and Turtle like this.
  8. Cant sleep

Cant sleep

Bounty Points:
    P O P? Hold it down?

9. Ban Midou

Ban Midou

Bounty Points:
    Wow,. Zoro looks classy. :D but the cost is too damn much !!! :(

nicolaw_h likes this.
  10. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    Cavendish is sooo cuuute <3

Bogard and nicolaw_h like this.
  11. Cpt-Luffy

Cpt-Luffy

Bounty Points:
    Damn they're ugly imo , im sure there are some better amateur ones

12. Raven

Raven Sanji

Bounty Points:
    There are certainly better characters that they could have made figures for already dammit.....too many repeats.