1. This forum is dedicated for discussion of Theories & Speculations created using our Theories & Speculations platform.
    • To publish a new theory or speculation, click here
    • To see a list of all theories & speculations, read, rate and review click here

Theory [Outdated] Monkey King - Luffy's DF potential to become Yonko+ level

New Gear 4 modes & Gear 5 Elemental Mastery for dealing with New World's strongest.

Share This Page

1. HakiMaster

HakiMaster

Bounty Points:
    HakiMaster submitted new content in Theories & Speculations:

Monkey King - Luffy's Gears evolution to become Yonko level and above - New Gear 4 and Gear 5 modes for dealing with New World's strongest.

Click here to read further...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. Xatch

Xatch

Bounty Points:
    https://orojackson.com/one-piece-theories-and-speculations/luffys-rage-mode-new-gear-4th-form.2176/

That's was posted earlier today
    Flaming boundman similar too your heat mode... And a bit uncommon idea..

https://orojackson.com/one-piece-theories-and-speculations/the-full-potential-of-g4.1490/

A theory about combining gears

https://orojackson.com/one-piece-th...timate-weakness-luffys-final-gear-4-mode.913/

A theory about luffy absorbing and returning damage... That uses some very similar concepts like kung-fu And weeble wobble toys

Then Gear 5 (overdrive) is pretty common...

It's just odd too me that all of these theories I linked are on page one of theories and speculations tab and relatively new...

Like I said I know the topic of gears is hard to be original, but I find it a bit coincidental... Regaurdles that's why I questioned your originality...

I read and reviewed all those theories in the last day or so, it could just be it's all blurring together and like I said Deja Vu, but idk

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Nessos likes this.
  3. HakiMaster

HakiMaster

Bounty Points:
    Portgas D. Xatch, as I replied to your review, I'm new here, about two weeks, registered few days ago. Only watched youtubers before. I'm not reading a lot here. Didn't heard of Gears combinations before from youtubers, maybe just didn't come across such videos, I mostly watch Joy_boy's and RogersBase videos.

I only saw this topic. Don't know, maybe you missed this part at the end of the Tankman section:
    I read it few day before 878 chapter came out and inspired me to solve the puzzele of how Luffy may deal with Katakiri in the Mirror World liked. I the idea itself (like Naruto beat unbeatable 3rd Raikage and parallels with Kaido) and that is all. And when i was working on my theory and stuck with existing niche Tankman (like why Oda introduce it like established Gear 4 mode at the end of the chapter?), i remembered this theory and was inspired by it.

What i see in this theory you showed, it is basically Bounceman with full body Redhawk, just like its mode names says Flaming Bounceman - just adds flames to what already exist.
    My Heatman is basically Gear 2 upgraded with Gear 4 limbs of smaller version, it's not Bounceman, it doesn't changed torso or make Luffy able to bounce or to fly like Bounceman do. And in Heatman Luffy only be able to create and support flame for fast usage of Redhawk's hits without need to backswing his hand, like he do in Gear 2 and only with one hand, so in Gear 4 Heatman, he can now do Redhawk Gatling. I create Gear modes for a specific tasks, it's like at first where is a task, and after you come's up with the idea how to accomplish it with new thing. It is not like "it would be cool if this thing existed in the vacuum, but i don't know for exactly which purpose". And also i added part from topic of some speculation from Youtube about Luffy to emulate his enemies moves, on how it will affect Luffy's fight in the Mirror World in Heatman mode.

In this link i see some raw similarities, with my Giantman mode, but I'm pretty sure many who think of some versions of it, so I'm not surprised. And he got gigantification everywhere, except Gear 2 and Gear 4.
    You said what Flaming Bounceman is a bit uncommon idea, but in this Gear 2 + Gear 4 we see exact same idea :D
    And about Gear 2 + Gear 3 - it's not realistic without Gear 4 to combine, because Gear 4 based on Armament Haki Hardening to give his body parts needed shape, before his Haki Concentrations will runs out and be exhausted for 10 minutes. So if Luffy could combine them without Haki, he would already did it before time-skip, and he even would make Gear 4 too, if all of this could be possible to achieve without training Haki.
    This whole theory is raw, because all real work author did by explaining how already existed Gears works, and many OP fans know that, and when he moves to a theory itself, he just did math "we do A + B, A + C, etc" - so that is my theory. He just copy-pasted all what he wrote in the existing Gears explanation, that is all. No creativity, very little substance and explanation how it will work and why Luffy need them. This theory is without any real research on the topic, how things work in One Piece regarding this, will this thing i think about work (is it realistic to the laws of OP World or storytelling, does it make sense?), or if this even needed in the first place (for what purpose will it exist, maybe something already is there? what justifies and support possibility of this thing to appear and turn true in the future story?). So it more like speculation.
    I have a real theory, and i have done some research and "homework" regarding how things works in One Piece (experience from watching some serious theories from Youtube was example for me how to do it), check them in the manga, while i was working on it before publishing it here. It was my first theory. Man, it was real work for me. And i did watch few pretty serious theories here, when you know people really put their mind into this and did serious work so i could read this awesome theory.

I don't know what you know and referring to as Overdrive, because in anime, manga and games this could mean different things, so please clarify this.

Yeah, maybe you read and review too much info for same topics for a short time. I get it it's not personal, and I'm not upset about it or angry on you :)

I hope I delivered a clear answer to you.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Xatch likes this.
  4. Xatch

Xatch

Bounty Points:
    Firstly I would like to apologize, for the assumptive manner of my post and review, and I appreciate the maturity and humility on your part...

It was never my intention to make you have to argue the reason against my post or claims...

I was just trying to support my claim to originality... I'm not saying flaming bound man is heat man... Combining gears is the same as yours, etc .. It was just the similarities were there, and the relevance of G4-5 speculation is very high as of late....

I did miss the reference to the inspiration for the theory, and that's embarrassing...

The flaming bounce man uncommon was a typo, I meant to say is common... Most people have come up with an expansion of red hawk or a heat based ability...

As for the G5 comment on overdrive...
    Overdrive is used as a common term for Luffy's potential ability to switch freely and simultaneously... Rogersbase and others call it reverse gear, others overdrive etc... Again it's one of a more common ability people assume luffy will get or master either 5th gear or awakening...

If you woukd like, delete your comment to my review and I will give you a more fair and expansive review, will most likely go up to 5*, because I think it's more accurately 4.5* post And I round up..

The fact of the matter is you are a good writer, your argument and structure is great, and easy to read... And even though you did great research and came up.with original ideas, they are still relatively common train of thought...

I myself have done 3 different theories on luffy, and one is a gear theory, ones an awakening, ones on the weakness and lifespan of luffy... All three are heavily covered topics.. But all three try to break the mold at the same time, I would like to think they did...

https://orojackson.com/one-piece-th...ys-gear-ratios-and-potential-final-gear.1843/

https://orojackson.com/one-piece-th...-d-f-can-luffy-survive-the-test-of-time.1800/

https://orojackson.com/one-piece-th...cting-devil-fruit-time-to-wake-up-luffy.1812/

Your theory is just re shaping the mold, if you get my analogy...

Again this isn't meant to be insulting, It's still good ideas, but the formula is common (heat, giant, skin manipulation, nerve manipulation, overdrive, gear mastery, gear combination, rubber world, vulcanized rubber, etc)

I hope this clarifies my perspective a little bit and does more good than harm

HakiMaster likes this.
  5. HakiMaster

HakiMaster

Bounty Points:
    It's ok, that is not problem ;) And inspiration only for Tankman part of the theory :)

Got it. "Overdrive" = Gear 5 / Awakening.

Yes, but you see, when all direction of ideas is known, like ideas what all rubber properties and on what parts of Luffy's body it they apply, when you left to move inside this direction - it's like a river current, it will push you forward, but still you can swim in space between shores and also underwater. So my approach is just like that :)
    You need to look at already known thing from a different angles, to come up with something new and suitable.

Ok, thanks, i appreciate it!

Yep :) And i will read you theories later, thanks for links.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 19, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 19, 2017 ---
    Oh i get it now :smile: I need a sleep, ha-ha =)) See ya!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Xatch likes this.
  6. Xatch

Xatch

Bounty Points:
    I think this maybe our main difference as content creators...

You see the flow or current going one way and want to better navigate it, build a better more solid ship, or superior route...

I see the everyone going down a river or curent and ask why? While walking up stream

The truth is very few theorists actually predict oda or the future of OP correctly... So the if lots if people believe one train of thought, no matter how obvious it may seem, they will most likely be wrong, as history has proven... So it's my job as a theorist to think of what hasn't been thought

HakiMaster likes this.
  7. HakiMaster

HakiMaster

Bounty Points:
    HakiMaster updated Monkey King - Luffy's Gears evolution to become Yonko level and above with a new update entry:

Katakiri's "unhitability", Luffy's new moves in Mirror World, Full rework of Gear 5.

Read the rest of this update entry...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice