Oro Jackson Needs Your Help To Fight Against Corporate Bullying By Comeso

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Divvens, Aug 25, 2017.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    A few months back, we were on the receiving end of multiple false DMCA complaints. Even after having complied with existing copyright laws we were harassed and bullied. We spoke out in an announcement and filed counter-notice on multiple DMCA complaints claiming fair-use and the harassment eventually ended, Oro Jackson was no longer being targeted or bullied.

But the corporate bullies are back to harass us again, this time under the name of Comeso. Comeso presents itself to be a company that protects intellectual rights and fights online piracy, however it turns out to be a business that blatantly abuses the law and files false DMCA complaints based on keywords and no other evidence.

On 23rd August, Comeso filed a false DMCA complaint against Oro Jackson.
    The complaint was based solely on the keyword "Reveries of the Moonlight" - we had a discussion thread which contained the keyword and they wanted it deleted. The thread has been removed currently as we filed a counter notice, but the contents of the thread are in the screenshot below.

The DMCA complaint is blatant misuse of the law, as no copyright infringing content existed or has ever existed on that discussion thread. Its a censorship of online discussion.

And they didn't stop there, earlier today (25th August) they filed another false DMCA complaint.
    Under penalty of perjury, they filed a false DMCA complaint based on the keyword "G'Day".

Is saying the word "G'Day" now illegal?

Below are screenshots of the introduction threads which we were asked to delete in this illegal DMCA complaint.

Comeso, a company that claims to protect copyrights, is now filing DMCA complaints against Oro Jackson for using the word "G'Day". Yes, it is now illegal to use that word, and if we don't delete these pages within 92 hours of their complain Oro Jackson would be forced to go offline. We could go offline for using "G'Day"!

How can a company like Comeso blatantly abuse existing laws and file false DMCA complaints? How can they swear under penalty of perjury while committing a crime? Is this fair? Are we supposed to bend backwards and let them walk all over us? We ask you, our members. Have we done anything wrong? Why should we have to delete content that isn't illegal in any form or manner? Why must we be on the receiving end of such illegal abuse by Comeso?

Why can they commit perjury and file false DMCA complaints and face absolutely no consequence, while we constantly have to keep deleting content and filing counter-notices? Isn't this complete and blatant abuse of the law? The law that is supposed to also protect us, our speech and our freedom to discuss, our freedom to criticize?

We are done with fighting the silent battle against such bullies, we want to call them out on their illegal business practice. We need your help.

Please spread the word, tell your friends - family, any acquaintance that may care. Share this on social media, create YouTube videos. Because what we are facing is illegal, and companies like Comeso continue to operate daily in such a manner. They send out thousands of illegal DMCA complaints, and no one raises their voice against them. No one has the time or patience to fight them, thus they continue on. Without any repercussion of violating laws, without any fear in the world.

It's time we stood up, it's time we said enough is enough. We understand piracy is a concern, but using automatic bots to search for keywords and attack sites like Oro Jackson that do nothing wrong is just not acceptable. We aren't the only ones that face this abuse, but we are speaking out now. And we want the world to hear us.

Help us spark a fire that will stop such bullying. That will stop Oro Jackson continuously having to fight false DMCA complaints. Let us once and for all send a message that we won't sit silently while we have done nothing wrong.

LEGAL REPRESENTATION IN UNITED STATES
    All we ask of you is to help spread the word and raise your voice against injustice. However if any of you are willing to help us connect with, and have legal representation in United States, we are willing to pursue legal action against Comeso and claim compensation for their illegal DMCA complaints. We would be willing to provide the entire compensation amount to our legal representatives for assisting us in fighting for what is right. There are judgement's that have compensated up to 25,000$ in cases of illegal DMCA complaints. Please e-mail us at admin@orojackson.com if you are willing to help us with legal representation.

THE STORY IN VIDEO
    Thanks to @Joy_Boy

---- UPDATES ----
    UPDATE 26-08-17
    Comeso has refused to accept our counter-notices for the DMCA complaints they filed with our service provider. They were not clear on their reason and neither do they wish to explain why they refused it. We have been advised to continue after advise with our legal counsel.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Flashy Nerd, Dango, Raijin and 277 others like this.
  2. Dave

Dave Wanted

Bounty Points:
    this again :shifty: i'll do wat ever i can to spread the word i and urge others to do the same we stand with team oro jackson

captain lev, 4kat0sh, dar and 62 others like this.
  3. Gray D. Thomas

Gray D. Thomas

Bounty Points:
  4. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    I'll share this on Tumblr if it's ok :)

5. Kagura

Kagura

Bounty Points:
    Jesus Christ!

This is bullying at it's worst. The most dumbest reason to file a complain against. These people should be taught a lesson because they are going too far with this shit. I'm dumbfounded to see such a thing honestly. Harassment at it's worst!

I'm fully supporting the fact that you guys are not keeping silent or tolerating this charade. Be brave and courageous because we are right and they are wrong! I'm there with you OJ! Gambatte!

MUUGEN, dar, Failocquoe and 44 others like this.
  6. Neko

Neko

Bounty Points:
    Thank you for sharing with the community, Divs!

This is such a headache, but it's something that can't be ignored because they will continue when people don't fight back.

Is this some sort of power play for these numbnuts? Keywords, really? Piss off.

You can't send complaints about freaking discussions. This is a forum! Idiots.

Time to stop them!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  7. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Exposure anywhere helps us, we need to raise our voice against them. No one does, and they continue their illegal methods. If we raise our voice, we have a chance to be heard by them. We appreciate a share anywhere!

8. Kaloo

Kaloo

Bounty Points:
    Why are they even doing this ? What's the point exactly ? Are they also the ones behind the "no link to a chapter on orojackson or else!" policy ?

And I'd like to know if possible, what are the other websites concerned by this ? I don't think there is such thing on reddit or ArlongParkForum for instance.

9. Lindltaylor

Lindltaylor

Bounty Points:
    This is seriously getting out of hand. People in power abusing power... why am I not surprised! I will do my best to help you guys out! Don't worry all of us will fight together :)

10. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    As of this moment, it seems to mainly be targeted at Oro Jackson. Can't really say for certain if other sites (or what other sites) are being affected. But there are many out there who just don't bother fighting back against false DMCA complaints because its more trouble compared to just deleting content. We however are speaking out and fighting back.

11. Skull

Skull

Bounty Points:
    I'm here with you Div! We fight together and I'll be on your side :)

12. Xatch

Xatch

Bounty Points:
    What does Comeso gain from this?

I don't want to bring any other forums trouble but should we start a post the phrase "G-DAY" ( but obviously spelled the offensive way) on all forms of social media YouTube Facebook other forums?

Just to make this stupidity spread really thin?

13. Shinji

Shinji

Bounty Points:
    It seems so absurd that OJ is now being targeted over keywords. I mean, DMCA complaints seem to be thrown around quite a lot on the internet, but over such simple keywords is pretty pathetic. But it's good to see that the team here aren't going to be quiet about it. :yaaa:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  14. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    They represent clients, the more DMCA complaints they send out - the more revenue they earn. Thus they use automated scrappers and harass sites like ours.

To make their stupidity known, just share this announcement with people you think may care - and we'll keep spreading the world until we are heard. We want to send out a message that we won't take this kind of bullying without a fight of our own, since we are tired of fighting a silent battle.

15. martoha

martoha

Bounty Points:
    When you have such complains, from shitty companies, it is more than enough to delete just the TAG. As Oro Jackson is a community type of forum, where every person can post his opinion on topics, there can not be any claim of copyright issues. You can further freely counter, that you take no responsibility on threads with copyright posts from 3rd sides, as long as these are from members of the Oro Jackson.

But either way for such a situation you should write a note to a proper institution at your region. Normally they are experienced enough on these issues and work very fast on the matter.

16. TYPO

TYPO Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    We can start a hashtag or something it would be easier to spread the word that way,and for others to know what Comeso is doing.

dar, Monkey D Rez, Jakubi and 24 others like this.
  17. Brennanaba

Brennanaba

Bounty Points:
    This is disgusting, you have all my support and I will share it around. G'Day to you sir

18. Topi Jerami

Topi Jerami

Bounty Points:
    We all are here, on your side!

dar, Monkey D Rez, NRW22 and 23 others like this.
  19. Reniki

Reniki

Bounty Points:
    Oh my fucking god ... Are they serious?
    I will do my best to spread the word !!!

yes i was thinking the same , we should start a hashtag all over the internet (mostly twitter)

dar, Monkey D Rez, Jakubi and 21 others like this.
  20. Skater1ooo

Skater1ooo

Bounty Points:
    Not sure if this applies, but I watched a video a while ago about false copyrighting, as well as lawsuits and such that follow it. The only thing I can say, is that if it goes to that level, where you are actually fighting a lawsuit, look for a few things. They will look for settlements; they know the can't win, so the hope that you won't want to continue with the threat of continued lawsuits. Just, make sure they know that you will make this as long and as painful as humanly possible. Stand your ground against them, that's basically the jist of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice