OP Episode 872 - A Desperate Situation! The Iron-tight Entrapment of Luffy!

Discussion in 'Previous Episode Discussion' started by Chris Mic, Feb 10, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Episode

1. Electrifying

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Great

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Average

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Poor

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Awful

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:

One Piece Episode 872
    Title:
    A Desperate Situation! The Iron-tight Entrapment of Luffy!

Airs On: February 10th, 2019
    Fans from USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America can watch One Piece Episodes Online on Crunchyroll for free! Please support One Piece by watching the official streams! For fans outside above mentioned regions, you'll have to depend on downloads and/or other streaming sites.

One Piece Episode 873 Preview

Luna <3, Naomi Rose and Raven like this.
  2. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    Honestly didn't like this one much. It was weird seeing them make stuff up for sulong pekoms, Like I would've loved to have seen something like that in the manga but it felt weird seeing it in the anime. Also that opening shot of Germa 66 fleet where I guess they were going for a roughed up look just looked bad instead. The Germa transformations were ok but a little more longer than I liked.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    SweetsFish likes this.
  3. Deleted member 12352

Deleted member 12352 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Hated it up straight.
    Toei Quality was draining down post ts, bt with these fillers they hit a new low. Atleast Naruto fillers were only borring, not this controversial. Explaining Pekom character at the expanse of a major character like Sanji is straight wrong n sad.

I am not sure i will opt fot watching these shitty eps fillers anymore in future.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
  4. MacabreMoth88

MacabreMoth88

Bounty Points:
    Normally I'm all for filler action, but this wasn't that great. They cut out Raisin using Haki on his blade and he somehow recovered from that attack in a flash of fire (making no real sense), Pekoms attacking Sanji was kind of stupid and how they handled Pekoms going down was just terrible.

I mean instead of being pinned down by a few of the Charlotte and them trying to rip his eyes out (which is hardcore and makes the Charlottes in question look somewhat decent) they just have him done in by some spears thrown by fodder. Lame and it takes away one of the few moments the lesser Charlottes got (Chiboust in particular since the only thing we saw him do was help hold Pekoms down).

All the Decuplets attacking at once was nice, especially when they helped attack Pekoms, but they could have had some of the others pitch in (especially since they just had Raisin and random fodder be the ones to take Pekoms down instead of having Oven or a few of the other Charlottes bring him down), and they even cut out showing some Charlottes (Panna, Maple and Montb specifically) which is just lame (they have full body sketches of them to use after all).

The best part of this episode was Oven punching Pekoms, which was pretty cool looking here but that is about it. Maybe next episode can make up for it... I hope.

5. Inumamushi

Inumamushi

Bounty Points:
    Apart from Pekoms almost OHKOing Sanji, I liked the episode. Sanji was portrayed bad in the manga in those couple of chapters and the anime made him look even worse.

Suuuuper likes this.
  6. RabbidRabbit

RabbidRabbit

Bounty Points:
    Wait, does this mean Pekoms is dead?

Suuuuper likes this.
  7. Suiryu

Suiryu

Bounty Points:
    They definitely did make Sanji look bad, but if you look back at the wedding they made him look like a beast against daifuku, so it evens out:catpole:

8. Red Dog

Red Dog

Bounty Points:
    Damn that punch from oven is lit

9. Ryuji

Ryuji

Bounty Points:
    I hated it, they just put in a bunch of unnecessary stuff in there, and basically shitting on Oda's script, it almost feels like the animators think they can do better than oda

10. RedDragonStrike

RedDragonStrike

Bounty Points:
    I really enjoyed the episode and don't know, why you guys are pulling Pekoms down. I really didn't like it how Pekoms was dealt seconds after he went out in the manga. This is a better way to do him justice. And that kick on Sanji? He wasn't expecting this from a comrade, so it's fair use. I'd give this episode a 4/5. And the Germa in there did just fine. We'll see more of them in the next episode.

Monkey D Theories and Suuuuper like this.
  11. Veljko

Veljko

Bounty Points:
    Probably,

Suuuuper likes this.
  12. Wai

Wai

Bounty Points:
    After the 2 recent fantastic episodes this one was a 'so-so' for me. Loved the Germa bling tho.

I don't think anything gets animated without Oda's supervision.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Suuuuper likes this.
  13. Passionto

Passionto

Bounty Points:
    I actually preferred what happened in the manga with Pekoms. I know a lot of people were disappointed he got taken out so quickly, but the impression I got was just that they were too many of them. Then taking him down before he got full transformed felt like something a Yonko level crew should do. One swift hit from Oven and then have his eyes gouged out by the kids.

I don’t think this was a good move. Honestly though, I wasn’t really going to care much for this episode to begin with. I was looking forward to the one after this (GERMAAAAAAA).

14. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    Only thing I liked was Pekoms getting closure. In the manga he is just left to die and no one even cares. Here he is like ''take Luffy away'' so at least an interaction EXISTS. Besides Oven going against Pekoms having good animation as well, this episode was nothing to be excited about. And considering the content of the manga until chapter 900, it will be boring until we get there.

Luna <3 and Hades like this.
  15. Charlotte Horchata

Charlotte Horchata

Bounty Points:
    Considering that we've had some major mistakes in recent arcs, this is obviously wrong.

16. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    Nothing like that is gonna be confirmed canon through the anime, gonna have to wait and see if anything comes up in the manga.

17. Pika

Pika

Bounty Points:
    Lol , the part where they show Sanji struggling to keep his eyes open and stay conscious is both funny and sad. :LUL::feelsokman::feelsjackman:

Chiers91, Mr. Prince and Raven like this.
  18. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    its really pathetic, makes sanji look like a big weakling... :faceplam:

19. SaitoWano

SaitoWano

Bounty Points:
    Average episode, I liked pekoms and pedros flashback but the pekoms sanji was a lame filler scene.
    So just spears did pekoms in? It would have been better if he was gang raped like in the manga. Just change the gouging eyes out phrase for censuring purposes and thats it.

20. LacrimosaInferna

LacrimosaInferna

Bounty Points:
    Nearly expected the anime to skip the gauging out eyes bit, would have been a little too brutal for the anime i guess seeing as how whimsical they act with blood already lol. Average episode i have to agree, Sulong of Pekoms was alright, a little lackluster design wise but else fine. They did a good amount of filler in this episode which was a tad bit too much but thats just me *shrug* If they add so many fillers to the Brulee Katakuri FB then i am a happy stan xD
    Edit*: They forgot to add Raisins haki blade :faceplam::rage:

MacabreMoth88 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice