OP Episode 865 - Dark King's Direct Precepts - The Battle Against Katakuri Turns Around

Discussion in 'Previous Episode Discussion' started by RobertoTheOharaSurvivor, Dec 16, 2018.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Episode

1. Electrifying

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Great

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
  3. Average

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  4. Poor

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Awful

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    One Piece Episode 865
    Title: " Dark King's Direct Precepts - The Battle Against Katakuri Turns Around "
    [Meiō Jikiden - Katakuri-sen Dai Gyakuten Kaishi]
    「冥王直伝 カタクリ戦大逆転開始」
    Screenplay: 「---」 ---
    Episode director: 「---」---
    Storyboard: 「---」 ---
    Animation director:
    「---」---
    Opening [21] - Super Powers | V6

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  2. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    *Checks Anime*

*Not 895 yet*

*Logs out*

Law_Senpai likes this.
  3. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    for those that didn't know who Charlotte Flampe's seiyuu/VA is,

she's currently being voiced by Chiwa Saitō, who previously voiced Chimney [from Water 7/Enies Lobby] in One Piece, Matsudaira Kuriko (Gintama), & Riko Aida (Kuroko no Basket)

Hiken_no_Esu and Law_Senpai like this.
  4. Deleted member 34043

Deleted member 34043 Guest

Bounty Points:
    Pretty crap chapter to be honest. The Luffy vs Katakuri fight is so painfully boring to watch. It is just Katakuri hitting him and Luffy getting up.

Mugi Chan likes this.
  5. Monkey D Theories

Monkey D Theories

Bounty Points:
    next episode looks like it will be 80% filler

Jesus Christ we've already begun wano kuni in the manga, can you please stop...

Hakipotence and SMILE like this.
  6. Crono0929

Crono0929

Bounty Points:
    It wasnt total crap, the filler to extend the battle was cool, but the whole flampe stuff wasted too much time.

At least the anime explains it better how luffy is getting the Grasp of Future sight.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 16, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 16, 2018 ---
    They cant, otherwise they will get to close to the manga....they are going to drag it like crazy...but at least its not 4 filler arcs like naruto and bleach...

7. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    people tend to forget One Piece only has a 12% filler ratio compared to all of the One Piece episodes that have aired lol

8. Crono0929

Crono0929

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, at least we get fillers within the arc, as opposed to other animes where they have/had months of filler arcs.

9. DarkWitch

DarkWitch Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    It's almost like you didn't even get the whole point of that fight during the episode, it was more than just Katakuri attacking and Luffy getting back up. The whole point was Luffy trying to see a little bit into the future like Katakuri in order to avoid Katakuri's attacks, he was trying to improve his CoO and the anime was pretty much explaining how Luffy was trying to do that. If this was a Sanji vs Katakuri fight I doubt you would make this same complaint:rolleyes:, seeing how some of the Luffy vs Katakuri fight in the manga was off paneled it makes sense for the anime to show scenes that weren't shown in the manga.

So you want the anime to just rush through WCI and get to Wano already and have the anime and manga be close to each other? While some filler scenes are pointless others are not, also this is the anime they are always going to add some filler scenes.

10. Puck_Owns_All

Puck_Owns_All

Bounty Points:
    I personally enjoyed the episode ^^ and I'm really glad they focused mostly on the Katakuri fight allowing us to finally move towards the climax of this fight.

I will admit however though that the workings of FS is still a mystery to me and the process of Luffy unlocking it this chapter didn't really help me to understand it any better.

I mean I understand that FS undoubtedly allows you to be able to see the future. Katakuri proved this when he saw Pudding break down at the weeding before it happened, but I still don't get how it is acquired. Is it just insane concentration achieved from sharpening your sense to their max? In which case I'd understand being able to read your opponents movements before they actual do it (which is actually normal CoO isn't it? ^^") but to acquire FS from just that? It's still all very confusing to me.

If someone has a better handle on how exactly this technique is acquired, please enlighten me..lolz. Also how is the process of acquiring it any different from mastering basic CoO?

11. Crono0929

Crono0929

Bounty Points:
    That woulda only taken like half of an episode...:madmonk:

Thats what i said, the anime is making it clearer on the instances where katakuri noticed that luffy was starting to learn FS.

12. DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    It seems like Toei made the same mistake Oda did and introduced Flampe as the 33rd daughter and not as the 36th daughter:faceplam:, like seriously Toei how did you guys make that same mistake and they actually know the birth order of the Charlotte Family seeing how they have notes and informations on them from Oda.

13. Red Dog

Red Dog

Bounty Points:
    If people cant take luffy vs katakuri for 12 hours i wonder how they are going to take luffy vs kaido fight in wano or vs admirals which we know two of them fight for 10 days..

Anyway episode is great...finally the best girl is introduced and i am not surprised she won little sister award coz she is cute compare to anana and pudding lol...

14. ZORO_D_SANTORYU

ZORO_D_SANTORYU

Bounty Points:
    Manga was slow paced at this time So I didn't expect much from episode but pretty decent episode...

15. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    Like usual the canon manga content animated was enjoyable but thats it. Also not sure how I feel with how they portrayed nami and zeus interaction, think I liked it better in the manga tbh.

iamkushank likes this.
  16. Oreki

Oreki Wanted

Bounty Points:
    The Episode really good and Luffy starting to see future also good

Hiken_no_Esu and iamkushank like this.
  17. jazzyjoy92

jazzyjoy92

Bounty Points:
    Toei is run by monkeys these days.

18. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    Oda's own explanations have been shit, and differing translations haven't helped. As for Haki development, we know how it works.

You :

(1) Get glimpse for first time (Usopp, Luffy @ MF, Coby).
    (2) Try to get more glimpses
    (3) Build "inconsistent" usage (Luffy got to this portion as Katakuri mentioned)
    (4) Regular Usage
    (5) Mastery/Sharpening

You do this for every tier of Haki. I.E. For CoA, you first barely use the invisible version, and bit by bit you get to Sanji's level. Then if you want to hop another tier to say, black/Koka version, you just repeat the same steps.

Hakipotence, Raven and Puck_Owns_All like this.
  19. DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    Bitch not everyone loves you.:pepeanger:

20. SMILE

SMILE

Bounty Points:
    I'd rather have a filler arc and animate those cover stories than ruin an arc/moments by unnecessary stretching it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice