OP Episode 859 - The Rebellious Daughter – Sanji’s Great Operation to Transport the Cake

Discussion in 'Previous Episode Discussion' started by RobertoTheOharaSurvivor, Oct 28, 2018.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Episode

1. Electrifying

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Great

16 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Average

12 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. Poor

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Awful

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    One Piece Episode 859
    Title: " The Rebellious Daughter – Sanji’s Great Operation to Transport the Cake "
    [Hangyaku no Shifon - Sanji no Kēki Yusō Dai-Sakusen]
    「反逆の娘 サンジのケーキ輸送大作戦」
    Screenplay: 「中山智博」Tomohiro Nakayama
    Episode director: 「鈴木裕介」 Yūsuke Suzuki
    Storyboard: 「細田雅弘」 Masahiro Hosoda
    Animation director:
    「出口としお」 Toshio Deguchi
    Opening [21] - Super Powers | V6

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. Shuyaku

Shuyaku

Bounty Points:
    The Oven kick was pretty well done, Sanji's theme playing and all.

3. Passionto

Passionto

Bounty Points:
    :booo:I don’t understand why it’s so hard to animate Sanji spinning. This reminds me of that time Cracker sent Luffy flying with the pretzel roll; when they took a still image and just rotated it. That shit hurts my eyes every time I see it. The rest of the episode is fine, but definitely way lower quality than the previous three episodes.

4. MonsterZoro

MonsterZoro

Bounty Points:
    people think shanks ate the time devil fruit haha but sanji ate it look at the way he stopped time insane

5. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    The Sanji kick was done well. I mean there wasn't much to do there, but they need to fix the pacing. It was atrocious. That was like half a chapter. At this rate the end of Luffy v. Katakuri won't happen until February next year.

No offence to the rest of this sh*, but we all just want to get to that part, because that's when WCI gets good again.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  6. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    Ok so the canon stuff was good but I hated the whole extended luffy on nuts island shit....:yawn:
    Also yeah the pacing was horrible..

7. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    SANJI’S GREAT OPERATION TO TRANSPORT THE CAKE

:ZULUL:

8. JazzMazz

JazzMazz

Bounty Points:
    Its funny people mentioning the pacing being horrible, when this episode and last episode covered an above average number of pages in comparison to the episodes that came before it. I think it goes to show the importance of good direction, and the anime inserting an actual creative presence on the source material.

As for this episode, it was pretty poor overall, and that was mainly due to the very underwhelming direction this episode. Very obviously a sacrificed episode in that sense, with the story boarder for this episode not directing his own episode. Visually, the episode was mostly fine, studio cosmo did decent enough, and Ichikawa's direction made the episode a lot less rough on its own. However, the poor direction and background art not paying attention to lighting made everything feel rather flat.

Overall, not a good episode. Next week looks far more interesting, looking forward to Komaki's direction, and studio Guts return to the show after episode of Skypiea.

9. greenbeard

greenbeard

Bounty Points:
    It was good episode. Though they extended Luffy in nuts island part, it was funny and good.

Sanji kicking Oven part was awesome!!

10. Puck_Owns_All

Puck_Owns_All

Bounty Points:
    brah!!!!!!!!!!!! that speed tho:steef::steef::steef::steef::steef::steef::steef::firedup::firedup::firedup::firedup::firedup::firedup::firedup::firedup::firedup::firedup::firedup::catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry: I rarely say this shit but fcking hell Toei!!! delivered this week~! shit was pure fire!!!!:wipesweat: anyone that fcking says Sanji is slower than G2 needs to get their head checked...lolz damn that was dope:nosebleed:...still watching the episode but just had to comment...lolz will leave a proper review in a bit. Gotta say it's been a very enjoyable episode and I like the extras they added like Amande having a meitou and also the bits with brulee revealing herself from her hiding spot when Luffy called her branch...lolz and Luffy's new OP technique "gomu gomu no Brulee":lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: That's prolly one of the most pirate like things Luffy has ever done in the series...lolz...loved it~!
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 28, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 28, 2018 ---
    lolz ur salty tears ain't even close to being enough to extinguish the blaze my boy cooked up this chapter :p

11. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    How am i salty when i am laughing....that title feels so desperate attempt to showcase as if transporting cake is such an important and hard event by the anime guys...nothing special happens there moreover its bege who does that..not that it matters who it is......great operation what a sellout joke...whats next...Deadly cake attack on BM :chrisdog2:...

Nightingale likes this.
  12. MacabreMoth88

MacabreMoth88

Bounty Points:
    Not a bad episode, I liked how they extended the sequence on Nuts Island. Always a treat to see lesser Charlottes doing something useful. Rest of it was okay.

13. MonsterZoro

MonsterZoro

Bounty Points:
    bro cheffon didnt even touch the floor after all that happened :wideeyes:

14. Chilly Cobra

Chilly Cobra

Bounty Points:
    Pretty good adaption for the kick, it's great that they showed how his leg actually digs through Oven's shoulder instead of just showing it sending him flying. Definitely one of the better feats Saniji had in a while, Oda deliberately set up that scene to showcase tremendous speed.

15. Jon D. Eric

Jon D. Eric

Bounty Points:
    Sanji with that crazy ass speed of his, man.

16. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    yeah they say the island would have slpit in half if she did.

17. Udell

Udell

Bounty Points:
    Luffy: Gomu gomu no Branch
    Brulee: Its Brulee
    Luffy continues to spam branch then suddenly says gomu no Brulee and the moron says its branch. I was on the floor laughing :rofl::rofl:

18. Pritam

Pritam

Bounty Points:
  19. Puck_Owns_All

Puck_Owns_All

Bounty Points:
    yh that was pretty dope! I saw some people in the youtube comments on MarcoThePhoenix's video (don't know if y'all know him/her?) complaining about the Sanji kick being a lot more underwhelming in the anime compared to the manga, but it was practically the same imo. Plus I didn't notice initially (heck I don't really pay attention to sfx in the anime bar the really obvious ones) but one of the Japanese viewers pointed out the メキメキ (meki meki) sound being used in that scene, which denotes something breaking/creaking (after re-watching it again it sounded more like kraaah...lolz but maybe that's how Japanese people interpret that sound?) so Toei didn't really miss out anything that scene.

From an anime perspective, I think this is the fastest speed feat we've seen in the series so far so I'm really looking forward to how some of the other scenes in this arc are animated (manga viewers know what I'm talking about :p), to see just how they compare to this, especially the last one in this arc.

Hiken_no_Esu, Suuuuper, Rero and 4 others like this.
  20. ZORO_D_SANTORYU

ZORO_D_SANTORYU

Bounty Points:
    I enjoyed this part more than Manga. Sanji was awesome:<3:. Pound and Bege too :yaaa::yaaa:.
    also my favourite part:
    Luffy: Gomu Gomu No ... Branch
    Brulee: It's Brulee!
    Luffy: Gomu Gomu No ... Brulee
    Brulee: It's Branch!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Suuuuper, Udell, Pritam and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice