Manga Chapter One Shot Hisoka Origin Story - By Ishida Sui (TG)

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by SAD, Jun 4, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Rate This Beautiful Chapter!

1. Blew My Mind

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Epic

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Great

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Good

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Meh

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. SAD

SAD

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]
    One Shot Hisoka Origin Story - By Ishida Sui (TG)
    Read Chapter Online: Mangastream

For more information on how this came to be: Article

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. Turtle

Turtle

Bounty Points:
    I really enjoyed it! Wasn't a huge fan of the art but it was mostly serviceable. Hisoka is such a badass! How fitting that he was part of a circus troupe. :clown:

Can't lie, Hundred Faces John Doe is a perfect name for a serial killer villain. Too bad he wasn't skillful enough to deal with the glorious Bungee Gum.

Seriously though, this special was really entertaining and I loved it. It would be sick if Madhouse made some kind of OVA adaptation of this.
    I would watch the hell out of it! :praying:

3. Devotion

Devotion

Bounty Points:
    What a great one shot.
    Hisoka's talent is scary. He learned evrything by seeing it in a very very short time o.O
    Please animated this Madhouse !!! Im sure they will at some point in the next 10 yers haha.

Cpt., Hisokaa, Machi and 4 others like this.
  4. Machi

Machi

Bounty Points:
    This one-shot proves: Bungee Gum>Magnets

I had to get used to the art, but the story was first-class:handok:Hiso's character was perfectly depicted. John Doe the first unlucky dude to get killed by Bungee Gum. Oh lawd that fight was just breathtaking ♥

focking love that panel
    http://img.***************/cdn/manga/10/3450/0651.png

5. Tear

Tear

Bounty Points:
    I was afraid but it was great after all ! Mangakas are awesome !

6. SAD

SAD

Bounty Points:
    This one-shot was an absolute beauty! (Read it 3 times lol) It's a shame people are so critical on the art not informing themselves enough to know that it's drawn in the format of a storyboard. (Draft of sorts) This story was captivating to say the least it dug a bit deeper into Hisoka & seemed like something Togashi would definitely write. Some panels were stunning regardless of the sketchy art specifically the panel where Hisoka was playing with his Aura in the bathtub (Fucking loved it) ♥

[​IMG]

The story in itself was brilliant till the bitter end. Honestly when Moritonio turned out to be the Serial Killer your boy was in shock! (@Freeze was there lol) What i love most about this whole one-shot is that even though we got to dig deeper into Hisoka's past i can't seem to shake this feeling to want to go even deeper into it. I do believe that there should be some sort of continuation to this story considering we never found out why Hisoka was found on the floor all beat up lowkey. It would be really dope if the next one dug even deeper in order to understand how this blood lust came to be in the first place. That ending though! If you know Hisoka's character at all you would understand just how deep that final page is.. Loved this whole thing so much that i might even send a marriage proposal to Ishida :dancers:

7. KosGami

KosGami

Bounty Points:
    I really, REALLY hope they make an OVA out of this. I want more of Hisoka's backstory! OMG.

8. Char Aznable

Char Aznable

Bounty Points:
    Really liked the chapter and nicely paced just a little issue with the art but got used to it by the end

9. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Just finished reading this and absolutely loved it! Hisoka is incredible even from such a young age! I would love to see this animated!

Cpt., Aru, Turtle and 3 others like this.
  10. Celestial D. Dragon

Celestial D. Dragon Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    This was pretty epic... I really love how Hisoka's "Master" was a sadistic serial killer, and Hisoka later down the road becomes a masochist who gets off on fighting strong opponents and killing.... By the way, am I the only one who thinks the lone contestant who passed the Hunter exam that year was Chrollo Lucifer?

I think it was very slick how the hint was placed in there with this panel...

[​IMG]

Notice how Moritonio says "It's impossible to copy another's nen powers"

And then goes onto say "This feeling, the same as during the Hunter exam"

I think the first sentence is alluding towards Chrollo's ability to steal peoples Nen Abilities, and the second panel is comparing Hisoka to the same person who he met during the Hunter exam, and coincidentally Hisoka and Chrollo are currently fighting in the manga...

11. Bogard

Bogard

Bounty Points:
    Chrollo needs

1- Knowledge
    2- Steal the ability and place it in his book

In order to use that ability. Plus the moment he steals it, the opponent can't use his nen ability again

So it can't be him. Besides in the databook score, Chrollo had lower "talent" than Hisoka.
    I thought it was Ging because he displayed the ability to copy any attack that come in contact due to raw talent alone.
    He and Hisoka are probably the most talented nen users in the manga

Cpt. and Nico Robin like this.
  12. Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    I am saying the sentence itself is alluding towards it being Chrollo... Not that Moritonio himself was saying the person during the Exam was copying peoples Nen abilities... He states its impossible after all, so he never actually witnessed someone using other peoples Nen abilities...

Also, Ging was only 12 when he passed the Hunter's exam... That person drawn in this chapter seems to be way bigger than a 12 year old....
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 5, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 5, 2016 ---
    Also doesn't the guy in the flashback look like he has an earing in his left ear?

Cpt., Nico Robin and Char Aznable like this.
  13. Ging D Freecss

Ging D Freecss

Bounty Points:
    WHAT IF, just WHAT IF, Abaki is Gons mother ?
    On another note the chapter was amazing, loved it, ;( 2 HxH chapters in 2 days ;(

14. Celestial D. Dragon

Bounty Points:
    I am also wondering if this is just a rough draft of the Origin story and a different one is going to be released later... Look at what Togashi says in their interview....

Togashi: Since “Hunter x Hunter” is the kind of work which, to a certain degree, can accommodate any worldview, I really wouldn’t mind if you had just freely created a setting. About the manuscript, though - this is drawn in a lot of detail. It’s not like an under drawing or a rough.

Cpt., Turtle, Ging D Freecss and 3 others like this.
  15. Kizaru D. Drake

Kizaru D. Drake

Bounty Points:
    Amazing chapter I'm really glad this was done. Aside from the art work it was perfect. Rather ironic a sadistic killer is the one who teaches Hisoka about Nen. This just made his character all the more compelling. Still I wish we could've found out why he was on the ground when they found him.

16. Gearfouuuurtho

Gearfouuuurtho

Bounty Points:
    The story for this was good. The art was pretty damn rough though. Thats not surprising since ishida is also working on tokyo ghoul.

Im curious what the release of this means. Was it released to give the fans a little more Hisoka, since hes a popular character, and it seems like he's about to die next chapter in the HxH manga?

Maybe it was to show how talented he is to give more creedance to him somehow getting out of the situation he is currently in. I hope thats the case as im a bigger fan of Hisoka than i am of Lucifer. I like them both but id rather see Hisoka win, which seems unlikely now unfortunately.

Cpt. likes this.
  17. Just a member

Just a member

Bounty Points:
    Ok, I'm glad this chapter come out and it is awesome ^^

At first I thought this will be very bad since: 1st Hisoka seems to be knocking on the heaven (most likely hell :p) doors like seen in the last page of the last chapter. 2nd now this chapter about Hisoka origins come out. Equals to: let's reveal everything related to Hisoka so that he can die without mysteries unsolved in the next chapter... luckily it wasn't the case. The chapter revealed something yet imo it opened a lot more doors than the ones it closed: Why was Hisoka beaten? Who is his mother whom he learnt skills from (not so usefull since he didn't know nothing about nen but anyway..)? The girl? Is she gonna play a role in the future? We just dicovered he was a monster (no big surprise) learn ten in a week lol. But yet nothing about how he developed his killing lust.. Awesome, another special like this needs to be done.

Now I'm more positive he will survive in the manga.

P.S. the hunter Hisoka's master was referring to is most likely Gin, 12 years old or not.

http://i2.***************/hunter-x-hunter/38/hunter-x-hunter-324021.jpg

Another thing I just noticed.. Hisoka developed the basic nen skills and his definitive power (bungee gum) in what seems to be some weeks or at worst some months (less than 2).. is legit to think that after years of training he just polished the bungee gum ability and didn't create anything new? This may be a small hint to a new skill(s) he is gonna use to escape from Chrollo plan (or at least I hope so :p)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Cpt. and Machi like this.
  18. Something

Something

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, i though so too, Gin copied Leorio's attack right? Hisoka and Gin are Geniuses in there own way.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Cpt. and Just a member like this.
  19. Just a member

Just a member

Bounty Points:
    And this also, you are right.

20. Surgeon of Death

Surgeon of Death

Bounty Points:
    I want to see that drawings get animated. I can't understand like that. ;(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice