One Piece: World Seeker Game Listed with 2019 Release Date in Japan

Discussion in 'One Piece News Central' started by Mr. Kishido, Sep 7, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    The 90th compiled book volume of Eiichiro Oda's One Piece manga listed on Tuesday that Bandai Namco Entertainment's One Piece: World Seeker game will now be released in 2019 in Japan. The game was originally slated for release on the PlayStation 4 in Japan this year, and the official website for the game still lists a release in 2018.

Bandai Namco Entertainment also had the game slated for release on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in the Americas and Europe in 2018, but the site now lists the release date as "coming soon."

Bandai Namco Entertainment America describes the game:

Set sail in an all-new ONE PIECE adventure in ONE PIECE: World Seeker! Luffy and the Straw Hat Pirates are back in a new story that puts players' into Luffy's point of view, as he battles and explores an expansive and seamless world. Open landscapes provide many paths for players to experience Luffy's gum-gum abilities and swing into action.
    The game will take place on "Prison Island" ("Jail Island"), which is located in the New World. Weekly Shonen Jump magazine previously teased that the game will tell the "truth of a tragic event." The issue featured an image of a man in shadow standing in front of the Holy Land Mariejois on fire.

Characters that will appear in the game include the entire Straw Hat crew, Tashigi, Smoker, Sabo, Rob Lucci, Crocodile, Aokiji, Kizaru, Fujitora, Akainu, and Ichiji, Niji, and Yonji from Germa 66.

The game will feature the talents of One Piece anime producer Hiroki Koyama from Toei Animation, One Piece media supervisor Suguru Sugita from Shueisha, One Piece game supervisor Yuji Suzuki from Shueisha, and One Piece game producer Kōji Nakajima from Bandai Namco Entertainment.

The game is commemorating the 20th anniversary of Eiichiro Oda's original One Piece manga, which launched in 1997.

source
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...isted-with-2019-release-date-in-japan/.136474

2. red admiral

red admiral

Bounty Points:
    we only can play as Luffy ... I'm gonna be sad

3. Nitwit

Nitwit

Bounty Points:
    Maybe they delayed it because of Spiderman?

Mr. Kishido likes this.
  4. DJ_Punk

DJ_Punk

Bounty Points:
    Smart move. The fact they couldn't announce an official date for quite some time this close to the end of the year was concerning. Delay it as much as possible and perfect it.

5. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    if BM, Kaido are playable characters, I'll like it a bit more XD

6. Johnny B. Decent

Johnny B. Decent

Bounty Points:
    Well, if it makes it better, I can deal.

7. Veku

Veku

Bounty Points:
    They should've started working on it earlier, the game was supposed to be part of the 20th anniversary, now it's probably going to be released 2 years after that.

8. Reyes Ray

Reyes Ray

Bounty Points:
    No, unless it was planned to launch around Spiderman date (which would be today) then no.

Did they felt after impressions from Gamescom they could use a delay?
    Adding a Switch port?
    Namco cold feet and pushed it out?

Hiken_no_Esu and herasux like this.
  9. Nitwit

Nitwit

Bounty Points:
    Why not all three of them. lol

herasux likes this.
  10. D Sanji

D Sanji

Bounty Points:
    I'm not excited for this at all. Way more excited for Jump Force where you can play as the whole Monster Trio and BB. Plus HxH characters as well.

TheWhiteWolf likes this.
  11. StrawKid

StrawKid

Bounty Points:
    I'm keeping my expectations extremely low otherwise I think I'm going to be extremely disappointed. Watched all the game play footage, trailers ect and there really doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on with this game. Looks like it will be fun for a couple of hours and that's about it.

12. Onemanarmy95

Onemanarmy95

Bounty Points:
    Wished we could travel with the sunny to other islands.. And i dont like it, that luffy gets damage from normal weapons from marine soldiers. As if that isnt enough, luffy needs more than one blow to defeat fodder marines.. Wished there were like hordes of enemys waiting to be defeated just like in Pirate warrior games. Because everytime luffy had to deal with marine soldiers in anime, there were lots of them attacking at the same time. In this game one is attacking and the other marine is a a couple of meters behind him and waiting for his comrade to be defeated

Veku likes this.
  13. Reyes Ray

Reyes Ray

Bounty Points:
    Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  14. Echi

Echi

Bounty Points:
    So that means that the "lurking legend" will be revealed at last in 2019? Sounds good.

15. Reyes Ray

Reyes Ray

Bounty Points:
    Game Officially delayed:

In the official announcement, Bandai Namco Chief Producer Koji Nakajima offered an explanation for the delay. Nakajima stated, “One Piece World Seeker is the most ambitious One Piece game ever. We’re aware of the huge potential for the game and want to ensure we match fans’ expectations. As such, we took the difficult decision to move the release date and use additional development time to create the best game possible.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/11/one-piece-world-seeker-slips-into-2019/

Hiken_no_Esu, edogama and herasux like this.
  16. herasux

herasux

Bounty Points:
    @bolded: I haven’t played a One Piece game in a long time, but I’d play it in Switch. To be honest, I want Burning Blood on the Switch, too.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  17. playa4321

playa4321

Bounty Points:
    Oda draw two new character for the game, one is working under the navy and the other for Cp0(?).
    I have this info from @ScotchImformer

18. Brutus

Brutus

Bounty Points:
    New image of a World Seeker character, looks like a villain.
    [​IMG]

19. CrzySparrow

CrzySparrow

Bounty Points:
    H
    He has some Ace Attorney design vibes if you ask me.

20. Reyes Ray

Reyes Ray

Bounty Points:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice