One Piece Volume 89 Coming in June!

Discussion in 'One Piece News Central' started by ScotchImformer, Mar 5, 2018.

Share This Page

1. ScotchImformer

ScotchImformer

Bounty Points:
    Volume 89 is scheduled to be released on June 04 2018 !

Also We Have a One Piece Party, on The Same Time

Post updated with info:

Volume 89 Cover:

[​IMG]

Alternative Pandaman Cover:
    [​IMG]

Inside:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SBS:

[​IMG]

D: Nami-san called Caesar “Scum”, “Garbage”, and told him that “It would be better if you died”. Did she get influenced by Robin-chan’s potty-mouth (toxic-tongue)? -PN Dori

O: Please remember what happened on Punk Hazard. Caesar fed the children stimulants, called his subordinates guinea pigs, and dedicates his whole life to creating a weapon of genocide. He truly is a man where it would be better off if he was dead. Even though Nami is only kind to those in need (women and children), I truly think she hates Caesar from the bottom of her heart

[​IMG]

D: Please tell us what are Crocodile and Daz Bones’ favorite foods and most hated foods. I think a boss like Crocodile who likes Bananawani (Banana Crocodiles) wouldn’t eat bananas or crocodile meat. My older sister thinks he dislikes mandarin oranges (mikan). We got into a fight about whether it’s hard for him to remove his fake hand. P.N. Banana Me and Mandarin Sister

O:
    • Crocodile: Likes crocodile meat and tomatoes. Dislikes Ketchup
    • Daz Bones (Mr. 1): Likes raw ham. Dislikes grilled pork.
    This sounds about right!! The fact that he keeps crocodiles as pets doesn’t really affect what is difficult for him to eat. When you look at what these two like to eat they sure seem like an annoying pair to please.

D: I read the manga and watched the anime and noticed that after Luffy uses Gear Fourth, he not only can’t use Haki for 10 minutes but it also carries the tradeoff (risk) of being so fatigued that he can’t move. However, in Ch 885 he is moving totally normally right? Why isn't that tradeoff there anymore? -P.N. BUSHI

O: The tradeoff of not being able to move that you’re referring to never existed in the first place. If he wanted to move but couldn’t use Haki during that time, he could still run from place to place to hide. In Dressrosa, after using Gear Fourth, he coincidentally ran into his allies and supporters so he could preserve his energy while they carried him to the next fight. If those people weren’t there then Luffy would just have to do his best!

[​IMG]

D: Hi, oda sensei! There is a place called Oshimuna town in vol 88, which means “don’t be stingy” town. Who is the minister of this island?

O: It may sound strange because of this weird name. But it’s better understanding with the Island name. The full name is Oshimuna town on Kinko Island. The minister is 15th son Noisette. He is in charge of the finance in Totto Land. So this town means don’t be stingy about making delicious food on this kinko island !

[​IMG]

D: In Ch. 891 Flampe coined the term “King of Big Brothers” who turned out to be Katakuri. Among Big Mom’s 85 children, who is the “King of Big Sisters”, “King of Little Brothers”, and “King of Little Sisters”? P.N. OP Girl that asks troublesome questions

O: Okay, first let’s start with what Flampe said in that chapter. The “Best Imōto-est Award” is something that Flampe selfishly hosts on her own. She is a very diligent child so she passes a survey along to everyone in the family. The final results of each sibling division are out. Let’s announce the TOP 3.

• King of Big Brothers
      1. Katakuri
      2. Oven
      3. Perospero
    • King of Big Sisters
      1. Smoothie
      2. Amande
      3. Brûlée
    • King of Little Brothers
      1. Anglais
      2. Newgo
      3. Dolce
    • King of Little Sisters
      1. Flampe
      2. Pudding
      3. Anana
    In the first place, the contest is rigged because the number of votes each person can receive isn’t equal. The “King of Younger Sister” is really just something Flampe does for fun.

D: Hello Oda-sensei. I was reading Ch. 894 and isn’t Smoothie really huge?? Why?? What kind of power does she have? Also why is her sword wet in the same chapter? P.N. No Name OP Fan Whose Name Can Just Be That-chan

O: In the end, I wasn’t able to draw why that page was relevant in this arc but Smoothie ate the “Shibo Shibo no Mi” and became a dehydration human. She can squeeze the juice out of her enemies and slice them with her sword to pull out all their water content to completely dry them out. The water she steals can be stored in her own body, causing her to increase in size. She can also shoot the water out as an attack. She’s strong.

[​IMG]

D: I’m a huge huge huge fan of Ace. If he didn’t die during the Summit War, what kind of face would he have? Please draw him at age 40 and age 60, Oda Eiichiro-sama~!! P.N. Daughter of Ace of the Whitebeard Crew.

O: Got it.

Top row: Age 40: Yo Luffy, still the same as always
    Top row: Age 60: I’m retired. Bottom row (a future if something happened/went wrong):

Bottom row: Age 40: Osu Luffy, lend me some money
    Bottom row: Age 60: Chopper, just a little bit from the safe….

Hard to say what would have happened over the course of his life, but I drew these two patterns (possibilities)

D: Odacchi, hello!! On P. 145 of Chapter 866 (Volume 86), during the scene showing Hajrudin’s early childhood, there is a boy eating snacks behind him. Is this the same giant that appears on P.184 of Ch. 500, “Pirate Stansen”? P.N. C. Macaron

O: Good eye. You’re right, he’s Hajrudin’s childhood friend. In a very roundabout way, the man on the left (adult version) somehow ended up working under Luffy’s Straw Hat Grand Fleet.

[​IMG]

D: Odacchi, hello! I am a big fan of both Odacchi and Luffy. I have a question today for Odacchi! When he was a kid, Monkey D. Garp’s eyes were the same as Luffy’s, big and round. However, when he became an adult, they became narrow. So what about Luffy’s eyes? Once he turns 20, will his eyes also become like Garp’s? -From Gokkudzuen

O: Okay, this question comes from a translator in Vietnam in slightly different words. In short, will Luffy’s eyes become skinny like Garp’s once he turns 20? Since he turns 20 in only a year, I don’t think Luffy will be changing too much in such a short time. Similar to the drawings for Ace, for those wondering “What would Luffy look like at age 40 and age 60?” take a look!

Top row:
    Age 40: Meat!!
    Age 60: Meat!!!

Bottom row (a future if something happened/went wrong):
    Age 40: Pirate king? It sounds like a dream
    Age 60: Oh? Did you bring good meat?

Yes. In a future where things go well, he looks quite a lot like Garp doesn’t he? But in a future where something, somehow happens then who knows!! Okay, SBS is done!! Looking forward to next time!!

SBS credits: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_89

Usopp Gallery:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Character Birthday List from Volume 89:
    Flampe: 11/2
    Anana: 17/4
    Ucy: 21/4
    Stussy: 24/4
    Orlumbus: 23/6
    Maynard: 7/5
    Morgans: 14/7
    Praline: 22/7
    Sally Nantocanet: 31/7
    Hajrudin: 12/8
    Jack: 28/9
    Yosaku: 10/11
    Johnny: 12/11
    Du Feld: 29/12

List of corrections:
    [onepiece 89 volume] fixed place,
    33 woman → 36 woman (891 stories),
    Clothes letters (891 stories),
    Katakuri (891 stories) and cakes with cakes ( → 892 stories)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [onepiece 89 volume] correction place,
    elder brother →(893 episodes),
    □ out of the frontispiece frame (896 talk),
    Poro (Sound of Tears) (896 talk),
    Katakuri wounds (896 stories)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [onepiece 89 Volume] amendment,
    egg pattern (898 stories),
    Sanji eyebrows (898),
    Parables ( → 899 stories)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Echi

Echi

Bounty Points:
    Can't wait to see the book cover.

Madara, NeoRetro and Mr. Kishido like this.
  3. Haoshoku

Haoshoku

Bounty Points:
    How many chapters are actually left from this volume, assuming it has 9-10 chapters? Like 2 to 3. And WCI has like bare minimum 10 more chapters, which means it'll probably end later this year. Not really sure though. Either way, can't wait to see what the cover is going to look like. Snakeman will probably be on it.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Madara, Law_Senpai, NeoRetro and 3 others like this.
  4. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    same, can't wait for Katakuri :<3:

MONET, stala_dynar, NeoRetro and 4 others like this.
  5. Calypso

Calypso

Bounty Points:
    can't wait for the next SBS ♥
    I hope that we will get more informations about the Charlotte family ♥

Buusatan94, MONET, NeoRetro and 4 others like this.
  6. AfroKing

AfroKing

Bounty Points:
    Considering they keep this(1 volume after 3 months,)I guess OP will fall below 10 million this year.

Madara, NeoRetro and SSsagemode like this.
  7. Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera Robin Bon Chan

Bounty Points:
    Sounds great, I guess it’ll contain from Chapter 890 “Big Mom on Deck” up to Chapter 900.

Also, the cover should definitely have Luffy vs. Katakuri on it, with Luffy in Snake-Man form and with Katakuri’s mouth exposed.

Law_Senpai and Mr. Kishido like this.
  8. JioFreed

JioFreed

Bounty Points:
    Luffy and Katakuri will steal this cover, i just can't wait!! :catblush:

9. Onyx Darkmatter

Onyx Darkmatter

Bounty Points:
    Time for some prediction for the cover: Luffy's G4 Snakeman, half-nekked Katakuri, Sanji on flying carpet OR Sanji & Pudding kissing.

Or... there's a possibility that Luffy gets impaled for the cover. :catcry:

10. DarkWitch

DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    Luffy and Katakuri will definitely be on the cover, other than that I have no idea maybe Big Mom and the wedding cake as well.

11. The Fool

The Fool

Bounty Points:
    Luffy Vs Katakuri will definitely be in the cover and I guess BM in her thin form or Sanji & Pudding kissing

NeoRetro likes this.
  12. edogama

edogama

Bounty Points:
    great news. thanks, Scotch ! :yaaa:
    Vol 89 start from chapter 890.
    if vol 89 contains 10 chapters, it's until 899. and if contains 11 chapters, then it's until 900.

890 - Big Mom on The Ship
    891 - Believing in Me
    892 - Recognized as Strong Opponents
    893 - 36th Daughter of the Charlotte Family - Flampe
    894 - 12:05 AM
    895 - Pirate Luffy vs. Commander Katakuri
    896 - The Last Request
    897 - Pekoms' Cacao Island Escape Plan
    898 - We Will Definitely Return
    899 - The Last Stand

hey, chapter 895 & 896 title seems good become volume title :smuggrin:
    I hope Luffy vs Katakuri on the cover.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  13. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    Now Volume 89 will be the 7th volume of WCI, and most likely the last volume of WCI arc :')

[​IMG]

WCI arc started from vol.82 (second from left) which is the 2nd and last volume of Zou arc as well.

14. JioFreed

JioFreed

Bounty Points:
    I hope, i can't handle it anymore, i've suffered enough :feelscryingman:

15. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    i guess im the only one here thats gonna miss this arc ;(

Smoothie and Grimmer like this.
  16. Gobee129

Gobee129

Bounty Points:
    Those would all be spoilers. I dont think Oda would do that again. He spoiled Carrot's Sulong form on cover 88, but e.g. Gear 4 was not spoiled on the cover of the issue it first appeared in, and Tankman didn't make it on any cover at all. He certainly wouldn't spoil all 3 major things on the cover. ^^

17. ScotchImformer

ScotchImformer

Bounty Points:
    As I said, Do not forgot The words for end of Arc :<3:

18. Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera Robin Bon Chan

Bounty Points:
    Thing is, Bounceman appeared throughout the span of two volumes, so it was still able to be featured on Volume 79's cover. On the other hand, Snakeman only lasted 1 chapter, so if it were to make it on a volume cover, it should definitely be 89's.

As with Katakuri's mouth, it was already revealed back in Volume 88, so it wouldn't be spoilers at all.

The fitting title with this cover would be "Pirate Luffy vs. General Katakuri", as it would go over the largest fight of the arc.

19. Nessos

Nessos

Bounty Points:
    Very unlikely, you can expect an 8th Volume for WCI and maybe a 9th, if Oda goes on in that speed :cigar:

Strawhats are not even reunited yet!

20. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    We might even get something post WCI but maybe in particular how the BM Pirates will recover from this mess lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice