One Piece: Unlimited World Red Game Gets Switch, PS4 Port in August

Discussion in 'One Piece News Central' started by Mr. Kishido, May 11, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

This year's 24th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is revealing on Monday that Bandai Namco Entertainment will release a port of its One Piece: Unlimited World Red game titled One Piece: Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 on August 24. The game will include all the DLC released for the game, and will support offline play for two players.

Bandai Namco Entertainment released the game for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan in November 2013, and on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and Wii U in June 2014. The game shipped on all four platforms in June 2014 in Europe and in July 2014 in North America.

[​IMG]

source
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...d-game-gets-switch-ps4-port-in-august/.115949

2. Affiliates Guest Advertisement

3. Brutus

Brutus

Bounty Points:
    Huh, didn't expect that. The game had a really good villain though.

Nitwit and Nico Robin like this.
  4. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted! Wanted

Bounty Points:
    Was a good game, played it on the wiiU

Nitwit likes this.
  5. Nitwit

Nitwit

Bounty Points:
    This will give me an excuse to buy it for the Switch and play it! XD

6. Coolguy

Coolguy

Bounty Points:
    I already told some One Piece fans to get their Nintendo Switch ready. I knew this was coming. I also wondering if Bandai Namco will port a PC version because that would be huge, boost the One Piece games Steam library, and no way Xbox One users are getting this game. Even though I know some people might be disappointed it not being a new game, but this how the One Piece Unlimited series always been handled since One Piece Unlimited Cruise. Not to mention, it will boost One Piece popularity more for those that missed out. I know the game is not good as the One Piece Pirate Warriors series, but One Piece Unlimited World Red is more action RPG than hack&slash. Both are different games with their own style.

However, I am still waiting for One Piece Burning Blood 2, especially for the current arc we are in. I want Wanda, Pedro, Carrot, Reiju, Ichiji, Niji, Yonji, Capone Bege, and Big Mom's commanders as new playable characters. I know Koji Nakajima along with his team are following the manga and probably waiting for the Whole Cake Island Arc to finish. These new characters will be the huge selling point, especially Big Mom and all the other characters that didn't win the poll vote. With the 3 vs 3 team battle system and manga style graphics, they will fit so well in the game. I hope the developers add team appeal events for them because they're very creative and funny.

7. Nitwit

Nitwit

Bounty Points:
    Don't forget Rebecca? lol

8. Coolguy

Coolguy

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, I saw real negative stuff about her on RogerBase's video such as being a punching bag and tear tear fruit. Jesus Chirst.

I don't have a problem with Rebbeca. She has her ups and downs like every One Piece character.

I'm pretty sure the developers knew what to do with her moveset if she did won. Same goes for the rest of the characters.

People say Vivi can't fight, yet she been a playable character in plenty of One Piece games and was part of the StrawHats.

People consider Tashigi weak and irreverent now, but she still has a fanbase and Smoker's partner.

Even though Rebbeca character is she doesn't like to fight, doesn't mean she can't be a playable character.

People see it as boobs and panties fanservice, but I see it as I get to play as Rebbeca against Diamante.

I mean, she can counter, parry, kick, dodge, block, speedrun, jump high, and use Observation Haki.

The developers could also do ring outs exclusively just for her. We do have the Dressrosa stage. Toy Solider and Acilia can also be part of her moveset.

In short, we don't have a lot of strong female fighters in most One Piece fans point of view. So the more female playable characters, the more variety. Baby 5 and Monet is not going to be enough. We need Alvida, Miss Valentine, Miss Doublefinger, Hina, Kalifa, Jewelry Bonney, Catarina Devon, Marguerite, Violet, Sugar, etc.

9. Brutus

Brutus

Bounty Points:
    When WCI gets added to games there'll be some awesome female characters.

Nitwit likes this.
  10. Nitwit

Nitwit

Bounty Points:
    Hell to the yes, brother!

They should also add Sugar and see how her gameplay move-set should work?

Maybe when she does her finisher? She'll touch the fighter and turn them into toys. (Like Luffy when he got turned into his robot form from the ChopperMan episode or Nico Robin as a doll.)

It would be funny if Rebecca's dad shows up first in his toy form after he gets turned back into a human.

But when Sugar touches him. He turns into a toy and gets different move sets.

(People with Devil Fruit powers can't use their moves in their toy form.)

That and he cut his leg off before she can put a contract on him. So? lol

11. Mugiwara no Luffy

Mugiwara no Luffy

Bounty Points:
    Definitely going to buy it for the PS4!

12. Brutus

Brutus

Bounty Points:
    The villains fruit was definitely the coolest non canon fruit.

Rivaille likes this.
  13. Savage

Savage

Bounty Points:
    This is obviously to keep us busy until they announce the new One Piece game.

14. Mugiwara no Luffy

Mugiwara no Luffy

Bounty Points:
    Burning Blood 2 perhaps?

15. Brutus

Brutus

Bounty Points:
    It's actually very strange how few One Piece games there are in proportion to the series' popularity. Feels like there should be far more.

16. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    zazen likes this.
  17. S.C. Amigo

S.C. Amigo

Bounty Points:
    I never got to play any of the Unlimited series, so this will be fun for a first time. A shame it looks to be a vanilla, straight to port version.

18. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

Following the Japanese announcement, Bandai Namco Entertainment has unveiled details about One Piece Unlimited World Red – Deluxe Edition‘s European release.

One Piece Unlimited World Red – Deluxe Edition will first be coming digitally to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, and PC on August 25, a day after its Japanese release. In September, the game will set sail to Nintendo Switch, both digitally and physically.

In addition to earlier details about the performance, Bandai further clarifies that the game will support up to 4K on PC and PlayStation 4 Pro. Its European version will include more than 40 DLC’s.

SOURCE
    http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2017/05/16/unlimited-world-red-international/

Nitwit likes this.