One Piece Manga One Piece Rewind: Top 10 Manga Moments of 2017

Discussion in 'The Books Of Ohara' started by Takt, Mar 17, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Mojito

Mojito

Bounty Points:
    She did ate them end of story is
    Cannibal rising was half ass @Takt
    The silence of the orphans would have been savage dank.png

Syed and stefan999 like this.
  2. Saiken

Saiken Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    1. Jinbei facing bigmom "officially quitting the crew"
    2. Katakuri
    3. Natural Born Destroyer
    4. Pedro sacrifice +Zero Escape
    5. Under Siege (bege)
    6. Brook vs Bigmom (badass shit)
    7. Unknown Mama
    8. Sulong
    9. Meeting (Fire tank pirates)
    10. Tamatebako exploded

Last night I reread all the chapters in 2017 up to the latest. I haven't given as much thought about my list (kinda rush). unlike before i wasn't actually fond of this arc but come to realize that their were lot of great moments. It wasn't specifically highlight of 1 character thats why its harder to pick the best.

In COTY i will root for the following characters:

• Katakuri ( no doubt)
    • Perospero - my impression before is that the sweet commanders were the top dogs of bigmom pirates but i was proven wrong. they are only the best fighter in the crew. perospero was shown to be the guy who almost command everything. showed a lot of great moment as well. pretty badass for a villain too.
    • Bigmom - ofc (unkonwn mama) look badass.
    • Pedro - ;( probably one of the best ally who supported SHP.
    • Bege - just one of my fav worst gen. and this arc did the justice for him
    • Brook - (soul king is the man)

Syed, stefan999, purs and 2 others like this.
  3. King of beasts kaido

King of beasts kaido

Bounty Points:
    Big moms back story and future sight

stefan999 likes this.
  4. Geobod

Geobod

Bounty Points:
    *putting his drink down*

Damn...when i think about it this Arc is really something ain't it? Whenever i talk about this Arc i always say "It's just a step stone Arc cause bigger things are coming" but now come to think about it a lot happened plus we got a wonder character *Drools* *drums* Cracker

But Salutes for Big Mama

Hiken_no_Esu and stefan999 like this.
  5. Shottie

Shottie Leave Shanks ALONE!! >_> Wanted

Bounty Points:
    :shifty: Freeze convinced y'all not to put Jinbei as top moment huh? :rofl: him being all badass about future pk Luffy... ooooh *chills*
    I would have put Carrot's transformation higher though too. I mean that was a Zou arc mystery that got solved!

I am glad Brook's moment made it though. I really started to like him this arc. And the real question should be "who can say they slept with Big Mom without dying or marrying her?" >:)

Syed and stefan999 like this.
  6. Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera Cracker Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Agree with most moments that were picked up, but not with the order. Truth to be told, 2017 really delivered a lot of epic scenes though, so it should have been quite difficult to sort it out.

1) Alliance with the Firetank Pirates

2017 saw the Straw Hats join hands with the Firetank Pirates, led by the ruthless, mischievous, well-mannered and child-caring Capone Bege.
    Even though this unexpected alliance started off in a bad way, it eventually provided us with some of the funniest scenes of the year. While the Emperor Assassination Plan ended up failing, Bege proved absolutely reliable by turning into a giant fortress in the middle of the venue, thus allowing his allies to take shelter.
    And it didn’t end here. He then took them inside his body, and successfully escaped the venue with them. Later, he confronted Oven on Cacao Island, retrieving his dear wife from his grasp and teaching his son the way.

2) A Helmsman For the Crew

It’s been quite a long while since Luffy invited Jimbei into the crew, so you can guess the relief I felt when Jimbei came to free Luffy and Nami from their book prison. But the most important moment is when he actually resigned from the Big Mom Pirates in the most badass way possible. While an enraged Big Mom demanded that he gave up his life, Jimbei turned her down by claiming that a mere Emperor is nothing compared to the Pirate King that Luffy will be.
    He then helped the crew escape Whole Cake Island, by taking the helm and showing his worth with it when maneuvering the Sunny out of a gigantic tidal wave.
    All in all, Jimbei is the perfect addition to the crew and he offered us some memorable scenes during this year.

3) Luffy and Sanji’s Reunion

While 2016 had left them separated and tormented, 2017 actually got them back together. After a true race to a reunion, with Luffy wandering around the Whole Cake Chateau all night long, Sanji and Luffy finally reunited in a tearful scene.
    It was great seeing them back together, and more determined than ever to crash the wedding and save the Vinsmokes from their doom. In fact, all the emotion that had been building up ever since Luffy vs. Sanji was released in this one chapter, making it a truly memorable one.

4) Linlin, Mother Carmel and Elbaf

In the middle of her tea party, after Mother Carmel’s picture was left broken before her very eyes, Big Mom entered a destructive wrath and started remembering her past - and of course it wouldn’t be some regular, bright and peaceful past.
    Big Mom was abandoned by her parents on the Giants’ Country, Elbaf, where she was taken in by Mother Carmel. Elbaf has been talked about for veeeeeery long (ever since Little Garden Arc), so it was great finally having a sneak peak of the famed Country of Giants.
    On the other hand, that’s when we met Mother Carmel, a caring nun at first glance, who’d always protect Linlin even at the risk of incurring the Giants’ ire. However, she revealed herself to be a child trafficker under the alias of “Mountain Witch”, and proved to be a malevolent, ill-intentioned woman seeking to sell Linlin to CP-0. That signed her fate, as she was ultimately devoured by the 6-year old Linlin.

5) Big Mom vs. Brook

Even though it happened in the earliest stages of the year, this will go down memory as the first time a middle-tier Straw Hat faced and stood his ground against one of the Four Emperors. Brook, who didn’t have the chance to shine ever since Thriller Bark, finally showed why he’s being called the Soul King by facing the Soul Queen with no fear.
    There aren’t that many people in the world (aside from Jimbei) who would dare to look into Big Mom’s eye and call her impertinent. But Brook is part of them and definitely deserves his place in this Top 10.

6) Moon Rabbit Carrot
    7) Pedro Goes BOOM
    8) Katakuri’s Sweet Side
    9) Brook Retrieval Operation
    10) Pound’s Sacrifice

stefan999 and CaptainCROW like this.
  7. Freeze

Freeze

Bounty Points:
    Jinbei buyest pff

any way i think if i would've entered i would've agreed with quite some of list tho i would put 4 on 1 a 1000 times and every 5 on 2 ect top 3 is more my top 7-8-9 if something

but nice :D

Syed, stefan999 and Larsi like this.
  8. Legendary Po

Legendary Po

Bounty Points:
    Nice callback with famous movies.. :madmonk:

stefan999 likes this.
  9. stefan999

stefan999

Bounty Points:
    Jinbei was awesome. When was quitting, I remembered the good old days when everything was epic. He did that with dignity and honor.

10. Fluffy_Priestess

Fluffy_Priestess

Bounty Points:
    I think it's pretty obvious which one of those moments is my favorite, so I'll spare y'all the shameless fangirling. (For now.)

I actually gained a whole lot of respect for Jinbe this arc. Not that he didn't have it before. He's had my respect since Impel Down, but he just gets cooler and cooler with each appearance. In fact he bumped Mihawk to 4th place in my fav characters list. I can't wait to see what Oda has in store for him later.

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  11. boxed_son

boxed_son

Bounty Points:
    my 2017's moment: 'I will never forgive you' (Nami to Sanji)

12. CodeBreaker

CodeBreaker

Bounty Points:
    Not as hard for Sanji fans

Echi likes this.
  13. Ban Midou

Ban Midou

Bounty Points:
    Fantastic list. :)
    Kind of surprised to see that there are no moments of Brook (breaking the picture) or Bege's moment. Well.....

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  14. akagami spy gel

akagami spy gel

Bounty Points:
    padmaavat dance though !;)

15. Narya Anima

Narya Anima

Bounty Points:
    Those puns made my day. Especially Sanjiman homecoming.

Gumshoe likes this.
  16. Syed

Syed

Bounty Points:
    This was really a great read! Love the puns, memes and posters by Larsi and Takt!

I'm with you on this but plus Jinbe! Lets go!

Fluffy_Priestess and Saiken like this.
  17. Gumshoe

Gumshoe

Bounty Points:
    But the orphanage was already called the lamb's house, so "silence of the lambs" would still apply as a dark meme.
    Edit: I've got it. Silence of the Lamb's House.:grimacing::frowning:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Mojito likes this.
  18. Mojito

Mojito

Bounty Points:
    Wow dank.png

Gumshoe likes this.
  19. Echi

Echi

Bounty Points:
    2018 BEST MOMENT OF THE YEAR: DESTRUCTION OF THE SUNNY!!

20. pelthor

pelthor

Bounty Points:
    Some great moments, my #1 is jimbei in boss mode, basically telling BM look woman simmer on down that drama and pour me a cup of saki because your a mere yonkou.

Its sad we forget Brook did what we guys call slaying to big mom, stole poneglyphs, broke mc off, split zues in half to allow nami to kidnap, told big mom to let him look at her panties, and lets not forget brook hit on reiju before any of this arc really popped off.

Also its disrespectful to not give kata more credit.. for being so damn savage just like Jimbei and zoro. (hints of a possible future nakama maybe) Just saying, the man self inflicted wounds to show how much a man him and luffy were.

Also, one day i can see Katakuri talking to franky one day and is talking about his fight with luffy and ... Franky has a flashback to Senor pink and has instant top rated respect for katakuri.

Anyways a bit excited to see the end of this arc so badly and the faces of Garp, Kong(Luffies great uncle???) akainu's whining like a girl and most importantly the warlords/shanks. Also, I could see the reverie showing the bounty of luffy and he waltzing in with the germa... like sup yall. Some great chapters await for this year I am sure. Please do not let oda senpai take another break! until wano arc \;.;/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice