One Piece Manga One Piece Rewind: Top 10 Manga Moments Of 2013

Discussion in 'The Books Of Ohara' started by Sammy, Dec 18, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    [​IMG]

One Piece is known for its moments. The sad, and the cheerful. The serious, and the comedic. the peaceful and the chaotic. 2013 has had some of the best One Piece moments of all time!

We started off this year with Dressrosa, an arc that has the potential to be the best arc in One Piece. And when you have an arc with such potential, it surely has some amazing moments, right?
    Now then. Pirates, Marines, and Revolutionaries.. I present to you,

The Top Ten One Piece Moments of 2013 (Manga Edition)

NUMBER 10

Haoshoku no Brofist!

[​IMG]
    What can I say? This moment is awesome! It is the first time we see a legit "Clash of the conquerors" Chinjao makes the moment even better with his majestic beard and epic martial arts attire! This could be written in history as the manliest, and most epic Brofist! Seeing those two tear apart the rest of the Gladiators and running towards each-other truly gives you an intense feeling when you are witnessing this moment. Luffy's Haki, and Chinjao's Haki clashing with each-other is how Kings fight! *Crackle Crackle*

NUMBER 9

Call Me "JOKER"

[​IMG]
    You know you're as good as it gets when you fool Law, Fujitora, Akainu, and the entire fucking world! I personally was disappointed when Doflamingo resigned from the Shichibukai. I thought the main antagonist of the upcoming arc would do something unpredictable and not go by Law's plan. Little did I know that he would create the HOAX Of The Century by faking his resignation on the first page of every god damn newspaper in One Piece! One thing I fucking love about this arc is its unpredictability. It is always taking us off-guard with what happens! This moment is topped off with not only the news that he is still a Shichibukai, but when Trafalgar Law is looking straight at Donquixote Doflamingo and Marine Admiral Fujitora... That scene truly turned me into a screaming teenage girl.
    "Hey Law, I'm scared shitless now that I've stepped down from the Shichibukai"

MY GOD do I love this dude.... Yeaaah you guys know..

NUMBER 8

My strings are COLD!

[​IMG]
    Arara, It seems like Kuzan has risen from the grave! My god was this panel epic! This may not be the best moment of the whole year, but this panel might just be the best panel! After losing to Akainu, he left the Marines. After hearing that, We all wondered when will Kuzan show up again to reassure us Aokiji fans that the Blue Pheasant is still here! Little did we know that by the end of the next arc he would show up right behind the Heavenly Demon! Seeing these two titans in the same panel gave me goosebumps and I still remember it to this day. As I saw that panel, I jumped from my chair and rolled in excitement! Well kids, what did we learn from this page? We learned that you do NOT mess with Kuzan's friends!

NUMBER 7

The Second Coming Of "JESUS"

[​IMG]
    WHEEEEEEEE!!! Who would have thought we would see a member of the Blackbeard Pirates in the Colosseum? I didn't! And not just anyone! It is the Luchador Champion, Jesus Burgess himself! We also get to know that Jesus Burgess is the First Fleet Commander of the Black Pirates! First Fleet?! As in a whole SHIP?! Oh god Blackbeard what are you doing in the New World?! To go from an unknown pirate crew on a raft, to a Yonkou with possibly 10 divisions within 2 years! This man's genius plan made him conquer all of Whitebeard's territories and become a Yonko in an instant! Jesus Burgess is one of the biggest threats in Dressrosa. I wouldn't be surprised if while he's fighting in the Colosseum, he got angry and threw the whole Colosseum at someone from the inside somehow. Yes he can do that. Why you ask? It's because he's JESUS!
    Thanks @Divvens for coloring Jesus Burgess ^_^

NUMBER 6

Doflamingo is on FIRE!

[​IMG]
    Oh chapter 700.... Along with the dozen reveals we have had in that chapter, this is by far the craziest and most shocking! To think that the Heavenly Demon had the devil fruit all along! This genius mind of his surprises us each week! to begin this arc with such a shocking reveal! Every One Piece fan who saw that panel went "OOOOH SHIT!" A phenomenon like that is done best by Oda! This moment was the trigger of the infamous "Who will eat the Mera Mera no Mi" Discussion that was flooded all around the internet and still is! The shock of this moment, and the aftermath of this moment is what makes it so EPIC!

NUMBER 5

A Blindman's Wrath!

[​IMG]
    "The blind have the privilege of never having to gaze upon this world's refuse"

Oh boy. Here comes Issho! Admiral Fujitora's introduction was nothing less than EPIC! As I was reading the chapter, I honestly did not realize he was going to play such a huge role and be one of the three current Admirals! Luffy did sense his power. I guess my Color Of Observation isn't strong enough yet. I thought Luffy was going to save him, expose himself, making the arc take a different route. But ooh boy was I wrong!
    That gigantic ABYSS OF DOOM and that quote quickly turned him into one of the most epic characters in One Piece. Oda's introductions always have epic written all over them, but this one is honestly one of the very best introductions.

NUMBER 4

Is it a Bird? Is it a Plane? NO IT'S SANJI!

[​IMG]
    YES ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! You are not seeing things! I lost my fucking sanity when this happened! I am a HUGE fan of Black Leg Sanji and seeing him FLY his way to the rescue and proceeding to KICK Donquixote Doflamingo was something that I really wanted to see. Things like this really make me happy to be a One Piece fan! Seeing Sanji get his time to shine with Doflamingo was near and dear to me! I am Doflamingo's #1 fan and seeing one of my favorite Strawhats clash with him is as good as it gets for me!

NUMBER 3

Simply Educating My Subordinate.

[​IMG]
    What is the rank of this moment? 3. How many bullets did Doflamingo shoot? 3. That's right, three shots all over Trafalgar Law! I don't even know how to describe this moment in words. Boy this will be difficult. I just fucking freaked out to be honest! I think I did so many unnamed acrobatics that day I'm ready for the Olympics now! The way it was done was magnificent! Donquixote Doflamingo straight up looked like a mob boss! The fact that he used a gun and not his ability to "Finish off" Law was a really nice touch by Oda. THAT is how you educate your subordinates. Take notes!

NUMBER 2

I'm a ship ♫.. I'm a ship ♫..

[​IMG]
    Everything.. And I mean EVERYTHING about this moment is massive! The surprise, The intensity, the sense of danger, and of course, The Damn SHIP! Not only do we FINALLY get a direct contact with a Yonko, but it is done so fucking well to the point where NOBODY predicted this! Everyone was thinking of Kaido, but did anyone think we will see BIG MOM this soon and in Dressrosa? NO! NOBODY! It was a work of art! While Fujitora and Zoro are clashing swords, A Yonko appears! Everything about this moment screams EPIC! It is not only one of the greatest moments in 2013, it is one of the greatest One Piece moments of ALL TIME! By the way, what the hell would you do if this ship was looking at you? Yes, looking at you and motherfucking SINGING!

NUMBER 1

SAY MY NAME!

[​IMG]
    REALLY ODA? SABO? IN DRESSROSA? ALONG WITH THE REVOLUTIONARIES? AND KOALA?
    That was honestly too much. The realization of what in the holy hell is going on in this arc when you finish reading the chapter is indescribable!! The way Oda did this was screaming, "SAY MY NAME!" Ironically, Oda never showed us Sabo's face or said his name in the chapter. Do you know why? Because he's a genius at writing who knows the difference between a chapter and a masterpiece! We One Piece fans sometimes wonder if Oda truly is human or another being from another dimension sent to us for the purpose of world domination via One Piece. One Piece Chapter 731, the day it was out.. The internet FROZE! Dozens and dozens of live reactions on Youtube, MILLIONS of facebook, twitter, and forum posts screaming the name "SABO!" This truly deserves the number one spot. Ending this year with the return of Sabo in Dressrosa. Honestly, to the people who doubted this arc being good, you were right. This arc isn't good, this arc is GODLIKE!

And there you have it guys! The moments were ranked and placed after a lot of thought and effort put towards making it balanced. @Divvens, @Freeze and myself thought about the ranking and came up with this. Be sure to give us your thoughts about this year's top ten moments and what you thought of this top 10! Thank you!

2. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    If anyone's wondering why we didn't wait till chapter 733 to come out, chapter 733 officially comes out in 2014 (we get it earlier online), so we'll be counting that from 2014 onwards and not including that in 2013.

I'd like to thank @Krasse for his loads of work on the topic, I came up with the idea and he did the rest, the panels were also his idea and I helped him in a couple of places, so give the first post a like ;)

And ofc, go share this thread with all your One Piece Fans! #OP2013Rewind!

3. 4Foot

4Foot

Bounty Points:
    that Breaking Bad reference @Anthony :cool:

also, no zoro moments.. just like it should be ;)

4. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Was hoping people get that Breaking Bad reference :D! Glad it didn't take long :cool:

Oh, and yeah about zoro um... Just uh, not his year I guess? Don't rage zoro fangirls :eek:. The only deserving moment for Zoro in 2013 is him clashing with Fujitora, and it got overshadowed by #2, Big MOM, and Sanji kicking in at #4..

5. Anthony

Anthony

Bounty Points:
    Loool yup Sanji's moment with Mingo was badass. Along with when he asked Luffy for permission to fire back at Big Mom's ship. Only moment for Zoro that stood out to me/that i can remember is him slashing back at Fujitora but even then he had his ass handed to him prior to that. Regardless he got Fuji's respect a bit ;)

6. chopper666

chopper666

Bounty Points:
    I like all your choices except 1st place. Sabo being alive wasn't really shocking cmon this is one piece if they don't show a dead body his probably alive.

7. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    Wasn't more about being "alive" that was shocking, his appearance was more shocking. Many at Oro Jackson already knew he was alive and @Krasse had made that big thread above Sabo being alive. But the fact that he showed up in Dressrosa itself, that was the bigger shock (and the introduction of Revolutionaries in the New World in general).

8. Anthony

Anthony

Bounty Points:
    Brilliant work putting it together @Divvens @Krasse Really like the top moments and the color panels :p

9. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    Wasn't him being alive. It was his shocking introduction in Dressrosa. Nobody thought to see Sabo this soon. We expected to see him 200 chapters+ from now. His introduction was what made it the first too, not the fact that he's alive. Hell, I'm the one who wrote the sabo is not dead topic back in december 2012. The way Oda did it without saying Sabo's name and moving on until he revealed it with the 3 sake cups was a work of non-human creatures. That was beyond anything.

10. Anthony

Anthony

Bounty Points:
    The fact on how Oda reintroduced him back into the story was badass. Didn't reveal the face yet implied it. Brilliant mangaka :D

11. Adnan D Nani

Adnan D Nani

Bounty Points:
    Dressroa... I think i will remember you for awesome things :D

12. Onuard

Onuard

Bounty Points:
    Kyaaaa! ILU guys. The last 4 especially, I couldn't agree more.

Reaction-wise, I would have put Luffy's fight with Chinjao nearer to the bottom best/most epic. Some moments were lost on me, it seems. I wasn't that excited about Ace's fruit being revealed for one... That was more of an, "that's kinda crazy, but Luffy won't really care about that kind of thing, will he?" (I do so enjoy being wrong, though xD. love the colosseum)

13. chopper666

chopper666

Bounty Points:
    Maybe its cause I could care less if Sabo shows up now or later kinda a guy I just want to get too the straw hats vs the donquixote family action 2014 :D

14. Sammy

Sammy

Bounty Points:
    My friend, you just pissed off a lot of One Piece fans XD

15. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
    It's fine, I think there were some people who weren't that impressed by Sabo's appearance but more impressed on Big Mom's.

@chopper666 must have liked Big Mom's appearance more also I guess :p But Sabo appearance as stated the way it was done made it even more special and impactful!

16. chopper666

chopper666

Bounty Points:
    :D hahaha why's that bro, not all one piece fans have the same taste.

@Divvens not at all after all the epicness that was going all around Dressrosa Big Mam's ship appearing didn't really shock me at all. Remember in the New World The Strong Clash!!!

17. Death72

Death72

Bounty Points:
    @Choppah-san, It's one of the best moments because no one expected him to appear in Dressrosa, NO ONE!! :eek:

TBH i feel Luffy Vs Don Chinjao should have a higher ranking but i agree with most the Ranking and yes... fuckin' yes that Sanji Moment was epic especially since he said "Those are my comrades shitting themselves down there" and not "Don't hurt Nami-san!" :<3:

18. Dany

Dany

Bounty Points:
    You should have waited until next week to put your top ten moments.

19. Divvens

Divvens

Bounty Points:
  20. Dany

Dany

Bounty Points:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice