One Piece New Year’s Food 2019

Discussion in 'One Piece News Central' started by Mr. Kishido, Sep 18, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    On September 3rd, the Fuji Catering Company started taking orders for special One Piece-themed Osechi Ryori or New Year’s Food. These traditional dishes each represent a symbolic wish for things like long life and happiness and the meal itself is the most important one for the year. Each dish is then placed in a set of stacking boxes called jubako similar to bento boxes. Although fans outside of Japan are unable to purchase these meals, they are really cool to look at.

2019’s meal consists of 31 different dishes. These dishes are divided into two different layers housed in a decorative box. This 8″x 8″ reusable box is made from PVC plastic and features members of the Straw Hat Crew wearing kimonos and holding traditional objects like a mochi hammer. Chopper is also wearing a boar hat, the zodiac symbol of 2019.

[​IMG]

A closer look at the food shows that the first layer contains a variety of auspicious fish while the second layer consists of meat. Both layers include vegetables as well as Luffy and Chopper decorations.

[​IMG]

In addition to the reusable lacquer boxes, purchasers will also receive; One Piece branded chopsticks, a porcelain bowl featuring the crew in their kimonos and a decorative cypress wood box.

[​IMG]

Source: one-piece.com onepiece-osechi.com
    http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2018/09/17/one-piece-new-years-food-2019/

2. Nico Robin

Nico Robin Wanted! Wanted Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    It sucks that you can't order this unless you live in Japan. Maybe I can get my hands on a box from ebay or something.;(

3. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    looking at this all the time makes me cry and also very hungry

i wouldn't even want to throw away any of the utensils once i finish it :(

Hiken_no_Esu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice