One Piece Episode 876 : The Man of Humanity and Justice - Jinbe, a Desperate Massive Ocean Current

Discussion in 'Previous Episode Discussion' started by Buusatan94, Mar 17, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Episode

1. Electrifying

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. Great

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Average

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Poor

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Awful

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Buusatan94

Buusatan94

Bounty Points:
    One Piece Episode 876
    Title: The Man of Humanity and Justice - Jinbe, a Desperate Massive Ocean Current

Air's On
    : March 17th, 2019

Fans from USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America can watch One Piece Episodes Online on Crunchyroll for free! Please support One Piece by watching the official streams! For fans outside above mentioned regions, you'll have to depend on downloads and/or other streaming sites.

One Piece Episode 877 Preview

Suuuuper, Raven, Arara and 2 others like this.
  2. rayanOO

rayanOO

Bounty Points:
    A new episode of Oven superstar ! The guy is at 1000%

3. StealthBlack

StealthBlack

Bounty Points:
    I like how the anime kicked zoro out of the worst generation. :lmao:

4. Buusatan94

Buusatan94

Bounty Points:
    He certainely did good against the Sun Pirates and Aladin, which sadly can't be said for his siblings Daifuku and Smoothie.

Suuuuper and rayanOO like this.
  5. Critical Mindset

Critical Mindset

Bounty Points:
    In the manga we see Aladidn clashing with oven, next time we see Aladdin speaking with Jimbei in the sea, making it seem almost as if Aladdin beat Oven as we don't see him after that. The anime showed us otherwise and just wow, Oven is a freaking beast, not that he wasn't before but with a strength and skill like that I consider Oven to be the strongest veteran without doubt, close if not even bordering on SC level

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Suuuuper likes this.
  6. ThePunisher

ThePunisher

Bounty Points:
    Since when is BB a supernova? I could understand that they just used Captains but they put Killer in there and no Zoro...

Suuuuper likes this.
  7. Nessos

Nessos

Bounty Points:
    Once he left the Shichibukai he directly became part of Worst Gen/Supernova

Suuuuper likes this.
  8. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:

Next week I'm definitely tuning in! The finale of WCI being a musical works well in the manga, but I wanna hear it in the anime too.

And after that, unstoppable hype every week!

Suuuuper, Raven and Zoro Compass like this.
  9. YonkoShanks

YonkoShanks

Bounty Points:
    I loved the Luffy/Jimbei exchange in this episode. Gave me the feels.

Oven and Aladdin also had a great little fight there. The filler was done perfectly. Once this arc is over, shit is gonna get crazy!!

Suuuuper likes this.
  10. Dudu

Dudu

Bounty Points:
    BB is a Worst Gen. But he is not a supernova.
    BTW, Toei f***ed up big time and forgot to mention Zoro. I know, Zoro isn't a captain, or even dream about being PK, but afaik, Killer also isn't. Imo, they shouldn't mention Killer and talk only about the captains.

Guiding Thunder and Suuuuper like this.
  11. Red Dog

Red Dog

Bounty Points:
    Damn toei sure loves oven lol they give him hype moment every time he appears that clash between him and jinbe looks fantastic...

Suuuuper likes this.
  12. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    lol thats exactly what I came here to complain about...
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 18, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 18, 2019 ---
    I would like to believe that but we all know Toei gonna drag those episodes as well and probably fill them up with recap like we forgot the characters like always ;(

13. Chris Mic

Chris Mic

Bounty Points:
    I think it was confirmed that Wano will start in June or July, and Reverie is definitely not long enough until then so you know they'll sneak filler in there.

Suuuuper and Raven like this.
  14. ShadyZoroLurking

ShadyZoroLurking

Bounty Points:

I think they didn't add him cuz he's not a rival of Luffy in the road of PK.Plus its not canon that screen show.

But it would have been cool to see him there.

Still he's a member of Worst Generation after timeskip (Doffy speech).

Suuuuper likes this.
  15. Suuuuper

Suuuuper

Bounty Points:
    Zoro is not a worst generation, he is a supernova.
    Much like BB is worst generation but not a supernova.
    You can see it here, there's no Zoro in worst Gen
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    StealthBlack likes this.
  16. Inumamushi

Inumamushi

Bounty Points:
    Good episode. Really enjoyed it. I am excited for the next episode. Not only because the corresponding chapter was amazing but the series director is involved in it (who also directed Ep 856 which was amazing).
    Zoro is between Luffy and Urouge.

17. JazzMazz

JazzMazz

Bounty Points:
    TBH, I wouldn't mind some reanimated recaps for things like Enies Lobby, because seriously, that shit hasn't been seen in like 500 episodes(not to mention some of those scenes could probably benefit from being reanimated, like if they handle Kaku's final battle with Zoro).
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 21, 2019 ---
    Pretty solid episode.

While not overtly animated, it did have a few decently animated scenes, the notable ones being Tu's work in the first half animating Oven's torpedoes and setting Wadatsumi on fire, pretty conservative stuff considering his work on 870, but still nice enough. Yoichi Mitsui's portion off Aladdin vs Oven wasn't overtly impactful but his effects and art were nice, and Katsumi Ishizuka handled the highlight of the episode in Aladdin vs Oven's clash, which was enjoyably ridiculously over the top, if a little basic for Ishizuka nowadays. The art throughout the episode was generally pretty solid as well, with Shuichi Ito making sure everything feels like Oda in key scenes, but otherwise, the episode was fairly limited in terms of action animation, with there being a noticeable reuse of a few scenes.

As for the direction, I felt Masahiro Hosoda did quite well, in the sense that the action felt nicely paced and quite grand in scale, as the board seemed to make do with limited animation seemingly being intentionally kept in mind. The music placement was also extremely on point in my opinion, with it really landing for every comedic beat, and while I don't think the episode was exactly atmospheric, I think he did a good job with landing the intensity of some scenes, as well as did a good job of adapting the pacing of some scenes from the manga to the anime, for example Jinbei's speech about emptying the ship of water, having an ominous feeling due to how deliberate and slow his saying it(which I feel was warranted). Liked the filler this episode, emphasized Oven and Aladdin as the MVP's of the Big Mum pirates and the Sun pirates at this period of time, with Aladdin demonstrating some impressive power. Anyway, pretty solid stuff.

Overall, limited episode, but I think despite being limited in many ways, it still did a good job of capturing the key beats from the manga due to strong music placement, as well as shots that did a good job of capturing the scale of the conflict, littered in with some awesome scenes. Solid episode.

Next episode should be good. The series director is on board, and the content its covering is great. Seems like they've hidden all the good stuff outside of the preview. Hoping it lives up to hype(don't expect it to be overtly animated though). Have decent hopes.

Suuuuper likes this.
  18. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    Lol Toei gave Zoro the ultimate middle finger. At first I thought they were just listing the captains so I did a small rewind and low and behold Killer was there:lmao::lmao:

19. JazzMazz

JazzMazz

Bounty Points:
    I think the Toei staff were to third party about it. The context was candidates for pirate king, they probably didn't include Zoro in that list because they knew he wasn't a candidate. We know nothing about Killer's motivations(and neither do they).

20. mettalica.D.symon

mettalica.D.symon

Bounty Points:
    Killer is as much candidate as Zoro. Doesn't matter whether we know his motivations or not. Including one and leaving out the other was hilarious. I guess the animators also get tired of the wank sometimes too.

Critical Mindset likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice