One Piece Episode 873: Back from the Brink - Germa, the Strongest Reinforcements!

Discussion in 'Previous Episode Discussion' started by dizzy2341, Feb 17, 2019.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Episode

1. Electrifying

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. Great

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. Average

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MischiefManaged

MischiefManaged

Bounty Points:
    If Vito and Law saw the Germa 66 in action like this in the episode, they will freak out. The animation for their actions here are superb. Can't really see clearly in the manga. Action is better.

Suuuuper likes this.
  2. Buusatan94

Buusatan94

Bounty Points:
    Law is not a fan of the Germa 66, he clearly said to Sanji that he hates them and rooted for Sora in the comic and he didn't look impressed by the RS unlike Usopp and Franky.

3. StealthBlack

StealthBlack

Bounty Points:
    Germa looking great and sanji looking bad. Like really bad in the last 2 episodes.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Critical Mindset and Suuuuper like this.
  4. MischiefManaged

MischiefManaged

Bounty Points:
    Still can you imagine your comic book characters coming to life? Doesn't matter if its a villain or what. it's like seeing a live action scene. Right in front of you.

Suuuuper likes this.
  5. Kibi D. Ango

Kibi D. Ango Big Mom Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Reiju-tan[:3]

Suuuuper likes this.
  6. MacabreMoth88

MacabreMoth88

Bounty Points:
    Better then last week, but I still wish the other children beyond the Decuplets did something other then shoot guns. Try to attack or have them block or something. But I digress, and I'm probably just being nitpicky. Oven looked pretty good here, animation wise and clashing fists with Ichiji.

Sanji is getting made to look bad here, but it is kind of counterbalanced by his awesome performance in filler earlier this arc (That amazing Flamberge Shot and going toe to toe against Oven and Daifuku at the same time), but still a little annoying. Hopefully we get some filler action with Snack.

Buusatan94 and Suuuuper like this.
  7. Konstantis

Konstantis

Bounty Points:
    I hate this scene with Sanji and Reiju, case it destroyed whole plot thing, which Oda gave to us in manga, she helps him, when he didn't notice that, but no TOEI ruined it.

8. RedDragonStrike

RedDragonStrike

Bounty Points:
    The OST in this episode was amazingly good !

Suuuuper likes this.
  9. Dudu

Dudu

Bounty Points:
    That Reiju and Sanji thing didn't happen in manga.

I always felt like Oda never did justice to Reiju. She is very kind, but Sanji doesn't say a single kind word to her.

Suuuuper and Critical Mindset like this.
  10. Veku

Veku

Bounty Points:
    Oda literally did the same apart from the atrocious filler with Pekoms...
    Sanji has gone from to trick Crocodile and opening the gates of justice ( Mr Prince) to trying to rescuing Luffy by simply sky walking infront of a Yonko's army for the sake of the Vinsmokes being partially redeemed and going a step further of being on good terms with Sanji.
    The execution was just horrible.

The scene with Reiju without taking the premise into context, was good though.

11. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    Nah. Here he was terrified of Oven (as if).

12. bluefire12

bluefire12

Bounty Points:
    Anyone notice some big mom pirates fodder doing geppo when Niji was attacking them

Suuuuper likes this.
  13. LacrimosaInferna

LacrimosaInferna

Bounty Points:
    Poor Brulee, she was one of the best things in this episode in my personal opinion. Sad that Brownie or Joconde didn't got a few filler scenes here and there to see how they fight instead they added this Reiju Sanji bit which was a little meh in my opinion but then again i am not a fan of Sanji nor the Germa so i guess its understandable that i dont really enjoyed that bit.

14. Suuuuper

Suuuuper

Bounty Points:
    He has the exact same expression in the manga :
    [​IMG]

And Reiju was not a filler :
    [​IMG]

She has the same dialog and remiscend of when they were kids...

bluefire12 and playa4321 like this.
  15. Life is meh

Life is meh

Bounty Points:
    I think rather than words of kindness, Oda went for acts of kindness regarding Sanji's relationship with Reiju on WCI, since he did save her life. I'm with you though, it bothered the hell out of me that Sanji didn't express in words his true feelings to Reiju. But later I realized that Oda is most likely saving a heartfelt talk between the two for later in the story. I also believe that Oda didn't want Sanji to express himself in words to Reiju because it would perhaps make light of the immense tormenting he went through at the hands of his siblings for the first eight years of his life. Oda was careful to not have Sanji give off the feeling that he's OK with his siblings now. But I think he went a bit too far with regards to Reiju.

Nerfing Sanji's intelligence/tactical wit is imo the worst thing you can do to his character.

16. Udell

Udell

Bounty Points:
    It was a good episode. Not the biggest germa though but man i love Reiju. This episode only reminded of how disgusted I have become with Sanji like 2 years of training and he can't keep up with Niji because thats what I got out of the manga and the anime.

Suuuuper likes this.
  17. JazzMazz

JazzMazz

Bounty Points:
    Really liked this episode.

There isn't too much to say about this episode animation wise. It was perfectly competent, Yokoyama did a very solid job of selling the layouts, but there really isn't much in the way of real animation.

Saying that, Satoshi Ito's direction, and storyboarding more than made up for the lack of any really complex movement, with everything feeling really on-point, and there being a lot of really fantastic layouts in the episode that really do a good job of selling the drama of scenes. I really liked the use of Difficult, its my favourite OST, and I think it was very well placed with in this episode.

Overall, good episode, not sure what to expect from next one, but I'm going to keep my expectations fairly low considering its Ueda's return...

playa4321 and Suuuuper like this.
  18. Capt. Law

Capt. Law

Bounty Points:
    Watch Luffy Reaction on Vinsmonk Judge speech to Sanji.

Suuuuper and Hades like this.
  19. JazzMazz

JazzMazz

Bounty Points:
    BTW, Sanji getting shot was something that did happen in the manga...

Suuuuper likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice