Discussion One Piece Episode 853 - The Green Room - An Invincible Helmsman, Jinbe

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime Discussion' started by RobertoTheOharaSurvivor, Sep 16, 2018 at 4:00 AM.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Episode

1. Electrifying

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Great

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Average

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Poor

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Awful

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    One Piece Episode 853
    Title: " The Green Room - An Invincible Helmsman, Jinbe "
    [Gurīn Rūmu - Muteki no Sōda-shu Jinbē]
    「波の部屋 (グリーンルーム) 無敵の操舵手ジンベエ」
    Screenplay: 「三浦希紗」 Kisa Miura
    Episode director: 「上田芳裕」 Yoshihiro Ueda
    Storyboard: 「上田芳裕」 Yoshihiro Ueda
    Animation director: 「新垣重文」 Shigefumi Shingaki

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018 at 5:09 AM
    Suuuuper, Azazel and Sunita like this.
  2. YonkoShanks

YonkoShanks

Bounty Points:
    Jimbei's green room looked pretty cool. I loved the new OST that we got for it. I wasn't really too impressed with the wave though. It looked and felt a lot scarier and devastating in the manga. 8/10 episode for me.

3. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    the manga mentioned Jinbe's line a bit different, in Chapter 881 where Jinbe says instead

this line felt more impactful in the manga imo but perhaps that particular subtitle in the episode was made by the ones transcribing the episode

Suuuuper likes this.
  4. JazzMazz

JazzMazz

Bounty Points:
    Yikes. This episode was definitely a step down from what we'd been getting this last month.

The animation was a fair bit choppier than it usually was, the storyboard really wasn't that interesting, the lighting and compositing I felt were very flat especially considering how good it has been over the last few episodes, and the direction really didn't do anything for me. Transitions also felt very awkward in places.

There really wasn't much that I could really say positively about this episode. Dennis' Cablao's scene was nice, but also felt uncharacteristically choppy, and was short lived. The only definite positive was Ichikawa's corrections on this episode, they were scattered throughout the episode, and were really nice. It elevated the episode from something that was poorly directed, animated and ugly, to being something that was poorly directed, animated but was pretty.

Not too hopeful for next episode personally, but I at least expect it to be better than this one, the NEP was OK, but I feel a lot of this batch may end up being a slog. Episode 856 can't come soon enough.

stala_dynar likes this.
  5. HORTLE

HORTLE

Bounty Points:
    such a big letdown for me. I was so hype to see green room animated. its so bad its almost unwatchable. the only good animation from this episode were the katakuri and luffy scenes. i have been on a break from the anime for almost a year now, watching episodes like this is just soul crushing..

stala_dynar likes this.
  6. Quindale22

Quindale22

Bounty Points:
    Time for Luffys iconic smile telling the crew to hurry up

Suuuuper likes this.
  7. D Sanji

D Sanji

Bounty Points:
    The animation was nice for this episode. Just the colouring and the art style of the wave looked awful.

But I loved bad bitch Nami. And Sanji and Pudding filler scene was a gift.

8. Coquet

Coquet

Bounty Points:
    Yeah, that felt awkward. It was way less awesome than in the manga.

9. Le-Sanna

Le-Sanna

Bounty Points:
    The episode was very exhausting to look at. Some scenes were streched very long.
    The scenes with Sanji and Purin running gag were boring
    Only the Jinbe and Nami scene were nice and the green room was good

playa4321 and stala_dynar like this.
  10. Hero Sanji

Hero Sanji

Bounty Points:
    The size of Katakuri's foot in comparison with Luffy's body tho. :lmao:

Was a good episode. Jinbei had some nice time to shine and showed that he is a great helmsman.

Luffy is getting his ass kicked real hard and the preview does not give a changing impression either.

YonkoShanks, Suuuuper, SMILE and 4 others like this.
  11. GangMemberLeo

GangMemberLeo

Bounty Points:
    The greenroom's animation was alright it's just that the wave animation was a bit bad.

12. stala_dynar

stala_dynar

Bounty Points:
    Here comes the picky and bad-mouthing comment:

I give this episode maybe 2/10 points. I got told by friends that this episode was quite good and the green room amazing...
    BUT... I just can't agree. I watched this episode and my eyes still hurt. I don't know if there's something wrong with me or if it really is the anime. To the single places:

Sanji, Pudding and Chiffon: It felt like a complete filler and waste of time. Okay, yes, we saß Pudding falling down with steaming head and nosebleed a felt hundred times in the manga but this scene felt so bad, I felt like crying. The sounds didn't fit and her falling down three or four times in a row didn't make it any better. And Sanji was just staring with dead eyes and smile.

Luffy, Katakuri and Brûlée: The fighting scenes were... okay? I mistook that kick into Luffys stomach as a punch into his jewels too. Katakuri was just staring a ten thousand times without saying much (did he even say anything?). Luffy said to break all the mirrors, but instead I had to wait during the whole episode for it to happen.

Nami, Chopper, Brook, Carrot, Jinbe: All those filler scenes are nice, if they were animated in a good way. I always just feel as if the pacing is so slow and I have to stare at bad animated sequences for 10 seconds before it changes to the next as well bad animated sequence where nothing happens. When Nami started to cry because I the huge wave I almost lost it. Her shaking eyes was just not what I imagined. I do understand what they tried to show us with Jinbe "feeling" the wave but it just looked weird in my opinion.

The Green Room: What the actual hell was that? This... green… stuff? I mean sure. I assume it is supposed to be the reflections from the wave and the light shining through the water since they are inside of the wave but it looked like... green fog? Poisonous gas? Magic fairy tale forest mist? Besides that, the water in general in this episode was poorly animated. The cannonball attacks looked weird and the ship and the giant(candy) wave as well.

Big Mom: Okay, for real. I usually don't watch the anime. This was an exception. BUT it was so disappointing. She looks so weird in the anime? And what about this "weeddingu…. keekki…." …??? Why is she so... quiet...? In the manga it shows more clearly that she is saying it loudly and in a psychotic way. It should be more like "WEDDINNGGGUUUU KEEEEEKKKIIIII?!!"

Sorry for my rant. But I just felt the need to say that.

13. HORTLE

HORTLE

Bounty Points:
    what was there to animate in the green room? they couldn't even make the art for it look nice. What was that green slime over everyone for the first 15 seconds?

and yes the wave was just atrocious. the purple wave on the blue ocean looked sooooooo dumb. Like I know Oda didn't really draw more than what they adapted but still.

14. Inumamushi

Inumamushi

Bounty Points:
    I don't know what the above comments are talking about. The green room looked good to me. Jimbei's moment was really well done.
    My complaint is that the pacing of the episode was slow. The first half of the episode felt dragged out. The cake baking filler was okay. The content this episode covered was not that great too.
    Overall, this was an average episode.

15. GangMemberLeo

GangMemberLeo

Bounty Points:
    I disagree with you for the Greenroom part, I personally liked the animation quality and there was nothing wrong with it. I think you're getting a bit overboard with the "shit" animation but hey your opinion I guess :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice