One Piece Episode 850: I'll Be Back - Luffy, Deadly Departure!

Discussion in 'Previous Episode Discussion' started by RobertoTheOharaSurvivor, Aug 19, 2018.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Episode

1. Electrifying

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. Great

20 vote(s)
    46.5%
  3. Average

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    One Piece Episode 850
    Title: "I'll Be Back - Luffy, Deadly Departure!"
    [Kanarazu Modoru - Rufi Inochigake no Shukkō]
    「必ず戻る ルフィ命がけの出航!」
    Screenplay: ---
    Episode director: ---
    Storyboard: ---
    Animation director: ---

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. GangMemberLeo

GangMemberLeo

Bounty Points:
    this is probably one of the best animated episodes I've seen so far.

3. Xerveltal

Xerveltal

Bounty Points:
    I think this episode just ups the #carrotfornakama after luffys speech to katakuri

Suuuuper, Law_Senpai, Coquet and 2 others like this.
  4. DarkWitch

DarkWitch Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    It looks like Big Mom is trying to hump the Thousand Sunny lol.
    [​IMG]

5. Ziki

Ziki

Bounty Points:
    I had few complains but then I got to the mirror world hype and everything... damn that part was bad.

Still I guess I do remember my issue and that was that somehow I didn't feel the impact when Luffy was calling out names of the crew mates. I remeber that in the manga this was pretty much one of Luffy's best moments. "I am the captain of this ship, this ship will sail."... in manage it felt like this epic quote was pretty much followed up by calling out names and promising with desperate face that he will be back Luffy jumps into the mirror with no hesitation. Here however because it anime an half an episode for this to happen... sadly it didn't felt as great as it was supposed to. (although the main reason why this scene was broken is probably because for some god damn reason, someone thought that this epic scene needs an insertion on the manual of how to start of Cout de burst... that Franky voice bothered me very much.)

Enough with that though, the carrot scene at start and more of Pedro flashback was greatly done as well. I love this moment because this reminds me of all those emotional powerups in manga.

Carrot: I channel the power of flashback and become invincible!!!!
    Katakuri : Nope. (Proceeds so slam jam her into the ground)

Now then returning to the last part yet again... glorious, simply glorious. I love this moment I really do... this moment is my favourite moment in this arc period. Ever since this moment started playing in the opening I also watched it over a hundred times by now.

Before I always thought it was already perfection... but I was wrong, so very wrong. Who would have thought that right after breaking the mirror, an extra panel with the mirror parts falling like snowflakes. Then why was I satisfied with just single close up on the fighter faces... it was not enough, it was never enough. We needed more, much more, close-ups that were slowly were focusing more and more on the eyes. Also the dialogue they have in this scene... completely nailed as well... so good ... so good... I already rewatched it five times just when writing this post but I probably won't stop doing so for quite a while... yea and after that it's time to look up the reactions of this moment as well. Yes, yes this is a treat that is more than enough to keep me feed for multiple days. Last but not least, time to redo that list of best one piece anime moments again.

(Edit: If there is someone else who felt like the middle portion was somewhat ruined then fear not... there is a way. I just went through that portion again and with a few careful skips (all franky stuff, all colla stuff, and all Amande stuff)... with few careful skips, you can easily create a very well paced fragment that gives the true chills and perfectly recreates Luffy's speech on the sunny as well... it's cheating yes but we do what we have to for the sake of the greatness... now I hope that I will find a good youtube video of this at some point)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Dango, SMILE, Rero and 1 other person like this.
  6. Red Dog

Red Dog

Bounty Points:
    love the last part the exchange look between luffy and katakuri....this week episode is great but next episode will be better....

7. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    having franky prerecord a voice for the protocol when launching the coup de burst was unexpected yet freaking awesome lol

8. GangMemberLeo

GangMemberLeo

Bounty Points:
    Nah episode 852 is gonna be good by animation wise but 851 and over 853 I'm kinda worried.

9. Red Dog

Red Dog

Bounty Points:
    why tho next episode 851 have some good animator worked on that and from the preview it looks great...but i agree with you for episode 853...

Suuuuper likes this.
  10. Alaron

Alaron

Bounty Points:
    fight looks lame ...

Spider likes this.
  11. DarkWitch

DarkWitch Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    I really liked the scene where Brook and Chopper are free from the candy, and the candy wave starts to melt.

Suuuuper and SmokedOut like this.
  12. Xlaw

Xlaw

Bounty Points:
    10/10 for this episode.
    One of the best animated and choreographed episode of one piece

13. Quindale22

Quindale22

Bounty Points:
    Franky voice on the Tone dial was funny n unexpected. I like how the anime shows the interactions of carrot n jinbe with the crew. OMG OMG OMG ITS HAPPENING THE GREATEST FIGHT since Luffy vs Lucci. I can’t wait I’m hyped to see the animation n the choreography of the fight.

Also in the manga didn’t some ppl think when Brook n chopper threw the rope to the shark they caught Caesar too ??

14. red admiral

red admiral

Bounty Points:
    I know some people say bad shit about anime ... but I think they do a good job

Suuuuper likes this.
  15. Telvin123

Telvin123

Bounty Points:
    Another great episode. The added stuff to the Carrot backstory was much appreciated.

16. Falkenhorst

Falkenhorst

Bounty Points:
    Carrot with that hat.
    ohhhhhhhhh
    Great episode.

17. ToBeThriller

ToBeThriller

Bounty Points:
    Very good episode. Decent pacing, nice animation quality. Glad to see that they've put in effort to make it look good, nice backgrounds, effects, and lighting. Much better animation quality than comapred to a few episodes ago. Hope this remains so for the coming episodes

Dango and Suuuuper like this.
  18. The Cat Burglar

The Cat Burglar Wanted Big Mom Katakuri

Bounty Points:
    Good episode. Trash pacing, what did I expect ?

Everything is just so slow, that's what happen when you have to adapt one chapter to one episode... I have a feeling the fight will be underwhelming

19. The Curly Haired Ninja

The Curly Haired Ninja

Bounty Points:
    Loved this episode. Had a lot of filler, but still was as long as the actual chapter. Pacing was really good. I have the same hype I had for L v K when it first happened in the manga. Can't wait to see more animated, so far Toei is doing good.

20. Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera Cracker

Bounty Points:
    Perhaps one of the best episodes in a while. I loved almost every part of it, in particular the Carrot flashback gave me goosebumps :feelscryingman:

Dango and Suuuuper like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice