One Piece Episode 846: A Lightning Counterattack - Nami and Zeus the Thundercloud!

Discussion in 'Previous Episode Discussion' started by RobertoTheOharaSurvivor, Jul 22, 2018.

Share This Page

?

Rate The Episode

1. Electrifying

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. Great

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Average

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. Poor

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Awful

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

Bounty Points:
    One Piece Episode 846
    Title: "A Lightning Counterattack - Nami and Zeus the Thundercloud!"
    [Hangeki no Ikazuchi - Nami to Raiun Zeusu!]
    「反撃の雷 ナミと雷雲ゼウス!」
    Screenplay: ---
    Episode director: ---
    Storyboard: ---
    Animation director: ---

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Hiken_no_Esu, Raven and Suuuuper like this.
  2. MacabreMoth88

MacabreMoth88

Bounty Points:
    Was hoping for more Germa action, but oh well. Hopefully they don't off-screen the end of those fights.

Happy we got a new name for the BMP, and the forest fight was nice enough. Didn't care for Chopper and Brook's part, but I guess they had to extend it somehow.

3. bluefire12

bluefire12

Bounty Points:
    Yeah I like the forest fight

Suuuuper and MacabreMoth88 like this.
  4. MacabreMoth88

MacabreMoth88

Bounty Points:
    I like how each of the BMP had a different weapon, with the sword users even having different styles of swords just to give some individuality to them. It's subtle touches like that I love in these filler scenes.

Suuuuper likes this.
  5. bluefire12

bluefire12

Bounty Points:
    The Big mom pirates have a lot of swordsmen

Suuuuper likes this.
  6. DarkWitch

DarkWitch Roger Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Seriously wtf they ruined the whole point of that Nami and Zeus attack, the main point of that attack besides stalling Big Mom was knocking out the pursuit squad. Also the anime completely ignored the whole point of Jinbe saying to only run and to not engage in fights, they made these BMP look good during the tea party but in this episode they decided to do the opposite. Heck Nusstorte, Basskarte, and Dosmarche looked a bit more impressive action wise in the previous episode compared to the BMP from this latest episode, and since the anime decided to do their own thing that means we couldn't get this really cool panel animated.:disappointed:
    [​IMG]
    I did like the Prometheus scenes though, and the scenes with Brook and Chopper were also nice.

Coquet likes this.
  7. Ziki

Ziki

Bounty Points:
    Ai... this entire bit right here is the weakest point of the arc and anime made it even worse and make even less sense.

It's quite smart for the fodder dudes to ran pass Strawhats and try to stall them. Even though they got beaten here, if they did the same thing in Manga then the result would be great because Big Mom would immediately catch up. But in this filler even if they stall SH for about half to one minute... Big Mom suddenally disappeared... really? Did she get lost in her own trap as well.

Truly it is already very poor story in which Big Mom can't catch up to SH but anime started making it even worse... which does not give good feeling when we know that there is about 10 more chapters of straw hats barely escaping.

I like the filler fights bits that anime adds for the most part but they can often too easily. Only games can get away with storylines where the entire world is waiting for you to finish up beating the current encounter. Sadly this thing is keep on happening over and over again.

8. Strawzreal

Strawzreal

Bounty Points:
    Holy fuck the anime once again fucks up a great moment. This was so bad... I can't even describe how bad it was.

First Nami's attack was supposed to take out the BMPs, yet the anime suddenly decides to let the BMPs get taken out by the other teammates in a completely contrived plot where three (possibly 4 or 5) COO users do not notice they are being surrounded. Such a bullshit move. Nami's attack was useless now since, it was only the fact that it took out all the BMPs ----who were supposed to be more impressive than in the anime---- that made her attack effective. The anime really just made it a useless flashy move. We didn't even get the reactions from Peros, KK, and Chopper and Brook.
    Second, they even made Nami weak in the episode when she was knocking her knees in fear of facing three trees, even when she had her clima tact infront of her. Like seriously? Her teammates took out actual BMP and she had to be saved by Jinbe from three trees? What the actual fuck?
    Then, she ASKED Sanji to pick her up and run???????????????????????????????????????
    The only thing they can do right is add fucking filler moves to the male characters and draw big bouncing boobs on the female characters, even ones like Carrot in the middle of an attack.
    Okay anime team, we get it, Nami is absolutely dependent on men and her outfits should always be even skimpier and sluttier than when Oda draws them.
    It's definitely always okay to correct Oda's mistakes when he makes Nami do something actually useful in a fight. Can't send the wrong message here.

9. SaitoWano

SaitoWano

Bounty Points:
    I was between poor and average but I went softt and voted average. I liked the skirmishes in the forest, the final attack was ok, and the brook chobro scenes were meh. Jinbes attacks were great!

The interesting part is what pumpkinghead told pedro about meeting five years ago and in the manga it was not specified how long ago. Did you guys get that? Mmmm 5 years ago.

Not very interested in next weeks episode, but I am for the episode after that when hopefully Pedro gets the spotlight in that episode.

10. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    That's the problem with Toei. They don't give a shit about accuracy of adaptation. In fact, if it wasn't for Shueisha slipping them notes in once in a while, the anime would be even less accurate than it already is. Honestly, I personally just gave up on them. I just tune in for some key moments to be animated, and cross my fingers they don't fuck that up too.

11. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    Good thing i dropped the anime. Just stop wasting your time and go watch some actually good series. :D

Maybe if everyone would stop watching it, the quality would get better. But nope..Toei just doesn't give a fuck, since everyone seems to be happy with their piss poor quality of the anime.

Dio Sama and jazzyjoy92 like this.
  12. DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    Having one or two bad episodes doesn't make the entire anime bad like give me a fucking break, the WCI arc anime is so far better than the Dressrosa arc anime. The One Piece anime is still decent not the best but decent, and before you say all the episodes are bad no they aren't. Some episodes will be really good, others will be decent, and others will be bad but the overall anime is still decent. The One Piece anime will never be high quality like some others so deal with it, and honestly no one gives a fuck that you dropped the anime like what was the point of coming here to even say it.

MacabreMoth88 and Suuuuper like this.
  13. Stray_mind

Stray_mind

Bounty Points:
    Well if you think this is "decent"... That's your opinion and i respect it.
    However the reason it will Never be good quality is people like you, who think This is "decent".

I said it because it was relevant to the person's comment to which i replied.

Good day, sir.

14. Inumamushi

Inumamushi

Bounty Points:
    Good episode. I actually enjoyed the fights. So the BMP fodders were not defeated by Nami's thunder. Oh well, anime has never been 100% accurate to manga since episode 1, so it doesn't matter.

15. KING EXPLOSION MURDER

KING EXPLOSION MURDER Big Mom Cracker Katakuri Smoothie

Bounty Points:
    Let me think of a joke... One Piece anime...

I tried watching this episode but i really , really really really really hate the SWOOOOSH sound in fighting. And each strike looks slow as fuck and each dodge looks slow as fuck.

Also OMEGALUL on the fact they removed Nami nuking BM army

16. playa4321

playa4321

Bounty Points:
    It seems like the three Ministers(Nusstorte) are stronger then the Ministers who teamup to catch the Strawhats. It make even sense, they believe in Nusstorte strenght to beat the Vinsmoke and Germa66 with his army... One side I like the filler with their battle, Carrot and the other like Sanji defeat one minister, but in other side in Manga it was Nami who beat all of them with one strike.... That was amazing feat of Nami in Manga but the anime downplay it and show Nami little weak again...

MacabreMoth88 and Suuuuper like this.
  17. Xlaw

Xlaw

Bounty Points:
    Hands down to the fans who r watching chasing part in anime..
    I guess it will continue 2-3 more episodes..

18. DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    Nusstorte, Basskarte, and Dosmarche being stronger than the pursuit squad that went after the SHs could be plausible, however imo the pursuit squad that went after the SHs shouldn't have been defeated that easily. These guys were doing well during the tea party but in this latest episode the anime decided to do the opposite, like how the fuck did they got tired that fast even during the tea party they didn't got tired that fast. Also these guys were supposed to have gotten knocked out by Nami using Zeus, at least them getting knocked out that fast because of Nami using Zeus made more sense but nope that didn't happen and the whole point of Nami using Zeus was ruined.

Suuuuper, bluefire12 and playa4321 like this.
  19. bluefire12

bluefire12

Bounty Points:
    That is true

Suuuuper likes this.
  20. Xlaw

Xlaw

Bounty Points:
    People in One Piece world r immune to lightning ...Don't you remember Skypia arc ? :kappa:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice