One Piece Episode 774: Defensive Battle of Zou - Luffy and Zunisha!

Discussion in 'Previous Episode Discussion' started by Narendran, Jan 29, 2017.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Episode

1. Electrifying

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Great

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
  3. Good

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Enjoyable

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  5. Meh

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. Narendran

Narendran Grand Blue is a Diving Manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Wanted

Bounty Points:
    OnePieceEpisode774.png

One Piece Episode 774
    Title:
    Defensive Battle of Zou - Luffy and Zunisha!

Watch Episode 774 Online
    Air's On: January 29th, 2017
    Fans from USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America can watch One Piece Episodes Online on Crunchyroll for free! Please support One Piece by watching the official streams! For fans outside above mentioned regions, you'll have to depend on downloads and/or other streaming sites.

Download Episode 774 (Torrents)
    Download Episode 774 (Direct Downloads)
    • ************ [480p] DDL: FF | UL | MXS | UR
    • ************ [720p] DDL: FF | UL | MXS | UR
    • ************ [1080p] DDL: FF | UL | MXS | UR
    One Piece Episode 775 Preview

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
  2. Affiliates Guest Advertisement

3. Raijin

Raijin

Bounty Points:
    2/5
    This was actually an enjoyable episode of one piece, I really loved the apoo bit at the end.

Blue Rose and Raven like this.
  4. Surgeon_of_Death

Surgeon_of_Death

Bounty Points:
    Damn Pedro's tail is huuuge :D Is he half jaguar half snake? :lmao:

5. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    This was a pretty good episode. My only complaint with this episode is that Nami looked pretty pathetic when the elephant was tossing around in pain. Was EPIC seeing the elephant blow Jack away!! Only got 1 more chapter to be animated now till this arc is finished though from the looks of the preview for episode 775 it seems they will be extending this arc to 2 more episodes so Zou should end by episode 776.
    Cannot wait to see Nami's new clima tact and when Luffy jumps off the elephant holding everyone in his arms animated!! :lmao::rofl::smuggrin:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  6. Surgeon_of_Death

Surgeon_of_Death

Bounty Points:
    do you think there will be a new Opening for WCI arc?

merry_go_round, Blue Rose and Raven like this.
  7. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    God I hope so.

8. Surgeon_of_Death

Surgeon_of_Death

Bounty Points:
    I hope so too, but I'm not 100% sure ^^ because Kaido is in the current opening

9. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    ya I guess we will just have to wait and see, I don't like this current opening very much, seems outta place.

10. oneparkman

oneparkman

Bounty Points:
    While the animation was pretty good for the Zunisha moment, the soundtrack that they used left a bad taste in my mouth. Would have preferred some epic music instead of the cheerful one.

Also for some reason i laughed when Jack said "Trunk"! ..Like yes Jack a "Trunk", a big island sized trunk.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    SMILE, Syed, Blue Rose and 1 other person like this.
  11. Raven

Raven

Bounty Points:
    Lol I feel like the music in general is much lower in the background than it used to be, wish they wouldn't have changed that.

12. oneparkman

oneparkman

Bounty Points:
    I actually liked the silence when the trunk was coming for Jack, but not the soundtrack when the ships were falling apart after the hit. I think Jack deserved a good soundtrack like every villain gets after their defeat. We instantly went to "HEY THE ARC IS DONE OST" lol. But i am glad they atleast did a good job at animating this scene.

As Jack is defeated i'll also share my opinion on him now. The reason i love Jack as a character is because we have many instances in OP where characters avoid fighting because it would wasting their time, effort and resources.. That's what a smart character would do? like when Blackbeard chose to not fight Shanks and Doflamingo decided not to fight Aokiji. Jack on the other hand is a retarded type, he simply just does not care. We have a former fleet admiral, admiral and VA on the ship? Let's attack it. Minks say we don't have Raizo? Don't care! I like destroying stuffs. This elephant probably shits bigger than all our ships combined? Screw that we'll try to kill it anyway.

This dude is the definition of reckless and he got what he deserved but that just makes me like him more. Consequences be damned.

13. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    Great episode in general

the animation was great; and Jack looked amazing and badass as he always was.

but damn that epic moment is ruined by a stupid OST

but it still is epic

[​IMG]

the hype at the end of the episode is so real

it looks like Kidd got smashed and he's imprisoned :eek:

Appoo with Kaido :eek:

SMILE and Blue Rose like this.
  14. Serthhi

Serthhi

Bounty Points:
    Please toei give us filler! We need it!

SMILE, korona, Syed and 3 others like this.
  15. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    a confirmed boring episode for next week ._.

Blue Rose likes this.
  16. speednut

speednut

Bounty Points:
    The pace is really hard to deal with lately.
    And why did Toei make filler that make the minks seem weak? These minks had the upper hand against Jack's forces, and now they need to be saved from falling trees by the strawhats? :faceplam:
    We really need a looooong filler arc, that last like a year, so we can get decent pace again. But we all know that ain't gonna happen, because Toei don't seem to care about this anime. I mean, how many reused shots did they use during this episode? I lost count pretty quickly.

Agree the light beat music, after the trunk scene felt really misplaced. They should have used one of the epic ones.

Next week is mostly filler it seems, but it's necessary. We are already about to enter the next arc, and we haven't started the climax of that arc in the manga yet. It's way to close.

2/5 for this one, and the trunk scene was the only thing saving this one from getting 1/5

17. Mr. Kishido

Mr. Kishido

Bounty Points:
    Toe Animation has to always screw something up ..

warmonger likes this.
  18. warmonger

warmonger

Bounty Points:
    I can remember at least 4 panels which were used multiple times. One scene where the minks are hunkering on the ground. The one where some minks are tightly embracing the trunk of a tree. The scene where Raizo and others are using the net created by Robin. The one where the lackies of Jack are celebrating infront of him. Very bad.

Liked the action part of Zou. Animation was great. Last part with Kaido was great. The scene where Zoro cuts the tree and Raizo used shurikens to stop the pieces.

I was going to give 1/5, but after seeing the reaction of Rogersbase, I am giving this 2/5. The fans are keeping this series alive. Not Toei
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 29, 2017 ---
    So I was not imagining that the background music now have lower sounds. Sometimes I can hardly recognize the OSTs

Maggi and Raven like this.
  19. War

War

Bounty Points:
    In my opinion this episode was standard, the animations where more crisp which is a good thing there was a little repetitiveness and momonosuke taking so long to call off Zou that part irritated me for some reason, Overall its alright.

Monkey D. Harambe likes this.
  20. Le-Sanna

Le-Sanna

Bounty Points:
    Zunisha rules, what awesome power :yaaa:

Syed, Blue Rose and Raven like this.
  21. Blazen91

Blazen91

Bounty Points:
    I sitll stand by my point that the Zunesha part is absolutely useless. It showcases that the elephant has a mind of it's own, great. Yet, it's never going to do anything.... ever again in the series. It only wanted permission to attack that one time... how convenient, lol.

Apart from that, nothing super amazing about the episode. Except for seeing Kaido of course. Well, again. What's in the cage? What's in the fucking cage? Props to anyone who can guess that reference, except with boxes.

Next episode should be fun. Seems like we're spending a whole episode on treating an elephant? Well......

Mr. Kishido likes this.