Spoilers One Piece Chapter 936 [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Manga Spoilers' started by Arara, Mar 14, 2019.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anasui

Anasui

Bounty Points:
  2. Mr. Vintage

Mr. Vintage Wanted Big Mom

Bounty Points:
    Chapter on JB

3. Wishbone

Wishbone

Bounty Points:
    He isn't

4. Ghidorah Guy

Ghidorah Guy

Bounty Points:
    http://yokai.com/sugawaranomichizane/

I'm pretty sure Kawamatsu's going to partly end up being a reference to this guy, with the whole thundergod aspect playing into theory of Kawa being a River Otter Mink ( in turn based on the Yokai known as Kaumso ).

...but then, the now extinct Japanese river otter was also tied to the myth of the Kappa...

...whose own cranial cavity, paired with Michizane's scholarly pursuits and the injustices he faced, may also tie into this particularly well known demon-hunting spirit famous for bashing his skull in when society fucked him over - Zhong Kui

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhong_Kui

Where am I going with all this?

Speculation 1: I think Kawamatsu may be an automaton like those of Dr. Tuskimi's, who needs a fuel source to be poured into a Kappa-like opening to power his body's movement. It is quite curious how all those automatons happen to be wearing helmets of some kind, no?

Speculation 2: Kawa is a River Otter Mink who suffered a tremendous head injury in the distant past, his life saved upon being transformed into a cyborg by a certain genius scientist --possibly related to Tsukimi -- known for cyberizing animals.

[​IMG]

Much like Frankie's cola consumption, Kawa too may require a fuel source of his own, which can be deposited into an opening on the top of his head; said opening usually covered by Kawa's signature hat -- much like the helmets of the automata. The way he does this was probably even foreshadowed by Brook: popping open the top of his head as if it were a lid.

Speculation 3: this may all foreshadow something I'm been suspecting for quite a while...Kaido himself being the Kappa of this story, and in a way cyborg/automata/golem/zombie amalgam of sorts who needs a certain substance to power his body ala Talos the Bronze Giant of Jason and the Argonauts fame. Kaido too has a lid or cavity located somewhere on his body that can be pried or cracked open to release said fuel and thus weaken him.

Cuz I think Kaido himself may be a reference ( be it direct or foreshadowing ) to another famous monster hunter like Zhong Kui - Osamu Tezuka's Hyakimaru from the classic Dororo.

[​IMG]

https://osamu-tezuka.fandom.com/wiki/Hyakkimaru(Dororo)

Note the anchor-like motif on Hyakkimaru's kimono...the anchor will soon come to be revealed as a major symbol of Oars and his race, along with the inter-related symbols of a fishhook, horn, and possibly a sickle too.

So yeah, right here we got some massive possible links between Kawamatsu and his fellow retainers, Kaido, Oars, the automata of Dr. Tsukimi, Dr. Vegapunk, Wano, and maybe even Kano.

And also, just some random added fun: the retainer playing the role of Emperor Sutoku the daitengu may be either Hitetsu...or in another dramatic twist, King. Cause pony-tailed Denjiro may be based off a pre-immolated Shishio of Rurouni Kenshin fame. And Shishio sure did enjoy burning shit and waving around fire-swords.

[​IMG]

There's gotta be at least one traitorous retainer, right? Might also explain why King was apparently lacking wings back in the day...might be he was forced to retired by a certain mercenary looking to switch teams.

Or maybe I'm just a cynical fuck with expansive head-canon real estate in my head, and Hitetsu really is the likeliest candidate for being Denjiro…but you never know~~~~~

And hey, Denjiro being a traitor , along with a certain Mink, would increase the likelihood of certain other theories, such as that of Flower Sword Vistta being a traitor. I'm sensing that the theme of betrayal is gonna become a veeeeery prominent one in One Piece's deep lore, as it relates to both Blackbeard, Shanks, the Rocks, Imu, and Joyboy….

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice