One Piece Chapter 928: The Courtesan Komurasaki Takes The Stage

Discussion in 'Previous Chapter Discussions' started by Iron Pirate, Dec 20, 2018.

Share This Page

?

Rate the Chapter

1. Blew My Mind

37 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. Great

177 vote(s)
    44.1%
  3. Average

147 vote(s)
    36.7%
  4. Poor

25 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. Awful

15 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. SanjiKun

SanjiKun

Bounty Points:
    How is Kid going to solo Kaido, when this dude can't even take down Yonko Commanders yet?

Oda is pulling another "I'm going to take down Doflamingo. No I am. No, it's going to be me"

[​IMG]

2. TMWRS

TMWRS

Bounty Points:
    Even if that is true, I don't think it is necessary for her to openly demean those less fortunate than her to maintain her status as the top oiran in Wano.

Ariadne_Wyvern, clouded and luffy0206 like this.
  3. Quindale22

Quindale22

Bounty Points:
    Is it me or did luffy look bigger/buff when he was talking to Raizo

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  4. luffy0206

luffy0206

Bounty Points:
    We might find a reason for that either then it's her character

5. lone wolf

lone wolf

Bounty Points:
    Luffy got buffed afterall he is following Saitama routine

6. luffy0206

luffy0206

Bounty Points:
    I did felt that too

7. stala_dynar

stala_dynar

Bounty Points:
    Raizo icecold got into the prison as a prisoner lmao what the hell. The prison panels are nice. Kid and Luffy are being pushed and glorified from the others.

So we got the info that Kid fought against Big Moms people? I guess it's what Pekoms and Tamago talked about on Fishman Island, that Kid wrecked some of their ships. Wonder whom he fought against.

But the arm... He lost against one of Shanks people. This is interesting... He has red hair, like Shanks, Scars in the face, like Shanks, and now missing an arm, like Shanks. And that is... In relation to Shanks even. Is that coincidence? And the result is, that he wanted to form an alliance to fight him?

Komurasaki... Hmmm... Her face is pretty I have to say, too cute for my taste though. The end of the chapter already proposed the big possibility that Komurasaki is probably Hiyori. I already guessed so last chapter when she appeared, good to see that it's as good as confirmed.

Poundman likes this.
  8. Masbabas

Masbabas

Bounty Points:
    nah girls like this usually ended up fallin in love with wrong person and that's when the karma hit her real hard

9. vikas

vikas

Bounty Points:
    I dont think they should have used wano's no 1 prostitute...thats a derogatory term. Prostitute is yūjo(遊女). The correct term i.e. Oiran i think they should have just used it Courtsan. There is not much culture like Tayu and Oiran in west and everyone is just a yujo(遊女). And a Tayu is a respected person..she is not a prostitute you can have sexual pleasures with...moreover she a Tayu has the authority to reject who she serves and only who ransoms her to be wife or concubine. In japan they even have festival of this Tayu parade to show them respect. Ofcourse everyone is a yujo basically but the reason they use different terms for Oiran(translated as courtesan i guess) because people don't come to them for sexual pleasures as priority..they sell their talent in different entertainment aspects and activities like ceremony(tea,flower arrangement etc). Just a little personal complain since it is a derogatory term(like calling N-word). And I did watch a show about yoshiwara, a character who was tayu and did a good research for it too while watching. And have respect for that character and those courtesans for living such a life. Btw the sandals which they wear during this parade are actually tall..but yeah this one feels exaggerated..its only 15 cm(just my guess) and they walk by making outward circles with their sandals which you can see in the panel and it looks beautiful. And yeah their outfit actually can weigh a lot like 15-20 kilos. So they usually are physically fit too.

Well that being the case I loved Komurasaki's character...well it is possible she is just deceiving just because of her acquaintances and she herself doesn't want to do something like that, like toko looks like she likes her. And as i mentioned kyoushiro is a yakuza boss...and this type of scam is a cliche used in modern times too(well not really now since its cliche now..like Its me Its me scam). Well all said...if Komurasaki is a Trap then that would be the final nail for those Old perverts :ZULUL:..
    also kyoushiro might betray orochi ..he is not trustworthy kind of guy.

Also Komurasaki is not Forgiven because of her beauty like Hancock :feelsokman:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  10. Kai.Do

Kai.Do

Bounty Points:
    I wouldn't go that far, she could just be another one of those damsel in distress girls, hopefully oda can write her better than she did with Rebecca.

I can already tell how oda is gonna give her a sad flashback, but if it's another clone of Rebecca's or Pudding's then I won't be moved much.

Hancock and robin still best girls in my book. :<3:

11. DarkWitch

DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    Yeah I didn't really care for the stuff with Komurasaki, she's just another typical spoiled bitch and not really that interesting imo. I will probably like her character later on when her backstory is revealed and she gets redeemed but as of now I don't really care about her, also those old men were stupid for actually believing Komurasaki so I don't feel sorry for them.

12. Black lord sanji

Black lord sanji

Bounty Points:
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa hold on now...y’all got wayyy too much dip on ya chip. Don’t ever compare Nami to komurasaki lol they’re not even close to being g remotely the same thing Jesus Christ what’s wrong with y’all?

Komurasaki is outchea extorting people for their last money only to turn around and treat them as trash and even go as far as to say “all men are dogs and they bring me nothing other than money” and saying “I despise those who are poor

Please fucking show me when oda has ever had Nami say or do such a thing?? Like with Nami we know it’s jokes and it’s actually funny and innovative unlike the stuff with komurasaki that was just downright bitchy as fuck.

13. TheAncientCenturion

TheAncientCenturion

Bounty Points:
    Agreed. Dude's got a great style and a neat set up. Yakuza who's openly critical of a character as strong as Orochi? He's got a great vibe about him.

14. Kaizosekai

Kaizosekai

Bounty Points:
    So Kidd went into BM's territory to fight a SC who injured one of his men. He had no intention of taking BM's head.

Kidd hype restored :catrude:
    Now the big mystery is who among the Red Hair Pirates took his arm...

15. luffy0206

luffy0206

Bounty Points:
    I don't want to see Luffy bald ;(

16. Masbabas

Masbabas

Bounty Points:
    ooh he will. at the age of 60

luffy0206 likes this.
  17. luffy0206

luffy0206

Bounty Points:
    If something goes wrong either way he have his hairs

18. Trafalgar Rao

Trafalgar Rao

Bounty Points:
    Kid is confident taking down Kaidou
    So he can do it

TivanTim likes this.
  19. DarkWitch

DarkWitch

Bounty Points:
    I agree, I already like his design and his character is so far the most interesting. I'm excited to see more from his character, and the stuff he will do during the Wano arc.

TheJourney and jazzyjoy92 like this.
  20. TheAncientCenturion

TheAncientCenturion

Bounty Points:
    I'm guessing the guy without an arm in the RHPs. Shanks probably takes an arm from every rookie he beats.

Poundman and Cyrus the Cactus like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice